IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

duggarfamily.com/2015/5/next-week

"Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given. We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time.

-Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar"

Disgusting!

FOX is going to show some of it on Wednesday and then the full special one hour interview on Friday according to People.

http://www.people.com/article/duggars-i ... on-scandal

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't doubt that the pain the whole family went through was horrible. It will be interesting to see what they have to say about forgiveness.

Totally read that as "Megan Fox" first time around.

Interesting it doesn't say when it'll be.

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2015/5/next-week

"Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given. We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time.

-Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar"

Disgusting!

Maybe this is a stupid hope (and it probably is), but I hope that Megyn Kelly will take off the kid gloves when she talks to them. She's managed to surprise on other occasions, and I hope this will be one of them.

Any bets that this will be so spectacularly bad that some form of "Interviewed by Megyn Kelly" will be a new suggested user name?

All kidding aside the rehabilitation of their image begins.

Edited for riffles

Really, Jim Bob and Michelle? How about you tell the world why it took you over a year to deal with your son molesting your daughters? And why you never told the authorities or attempted to get him REAL help? And why you prioritized your cult and your reality TV show over the mental and physical well-being of your children?

Oh, I forgot. It's all about 'JOY' - Jim Bob & Michelle first, Others second, Your children last

I would say I can't believe they have the audacity to show their faces, but I can well believe it. They are absolutely disgusting. Go home, be with the fucking children that you so flippantly created for your own selfish purposes. Your 'ministry' is over. It was rotten to the core from the start. If you actually care about humility, forgiveness, truth and love you will stay out of the limelight and spend a good, long while in thought and prayer to figure out how and why you went so wrong, and what you can do to even begin trying to make it up to your own children. Get out from in front of the fucking cameras and spend some time being actual parents.

I wonder if Megyn Kelly chose to do the interview with them because she has Josh's boss, Tony Perkins of FRC, featured on her show almost every week...

Any bets that this will be so spectacularly bad that some form of "Interviewed by Megyn Kelly" will be a new suggested user name?

All kidding aside the rehabilitation of their image begins.

Edited for riffles

Dang....you took the words right out of my mouth. FOX News....first stop in the Image Rehabilitation Tour. Next stop...Pat Robertson!

Dang....you took the words right out of my mouth. FOX News....first stop in the Image Rehabilitation Tour. Next stop...Pat Robertson!

Maybe this is a silly question, but how popular is Pat Robertson really among religious conservatives? I'm not snarking, I'm really curious, because he just seems like such a dinosaur. I remember reading somewhere that ABC Family is contractually obliged to run the 700 Club, so it runs whether people are watching it or not.

I can see how this interview goes.

JB: Josh has gotten closer to the lord.

M: We know there are many obstacles on the godly path, this is one of them.

JB: we prayed about it a lot. Josh asked for forgiveness from the lord, he had his counseling (fails to mention this was construction camp run by fellow sexual abuser)

M: everybody makes mistakes as teenagers. "Great Old Bikini story here"

JB: So can I collect my payment in cash or will you be issuing a cheque?

Things never mentioned: regret for hurting the victims, police report, or failure to report to authorities before SOL was up.

Maybe this is a silly question, but how popular is Pat Robertson really among religious conservatives? I'm not snarking, I'm really curious, because he just seems like such a dinosaur. I remember reading somewhere that ABC Family is contractually obliged to run the 700 Club, so it runs whether people are watching it or not.

As a Evangelical Christian, he has absolutely no influence. I've never hear of Pat Robertson saying anything that actually affects the Christian community.

As for the Duggar interview, I've been wondering when they'd come out of hiding. The question to me is are they going to be defensive and full of explanations, or they going to own up to the criticism that they handled it wrongly and move forward to correct their mistakes? And are they doing this to basically get their show back?

Interesting it doesn't say when it'll be.

Probably intentional. They announced on a Saturday and it's not posted on the homepage. If it were a regular interview, it'd be all over the homepage with a title like "Watch the Duggars on Fox News Mon 8/9c". Instead, the only thing you can see is the title "Next Week", which isn't very descriptive.

IMO, they don't want to advertise, experience a huge backlash from the general public, and then have to cancel the appearance. But I think they're hoping that people who check their website regularly are fans, and fans will figure out what time it is. They definitely want to reel back in as many fans as they can.

So I'm assuming having never heard of this woman and I'm not US, that from you guys reactions this is not exactly going to be an in-depth or hard hitting interview?

Who would folks like to see them interviewed by? Just out of interest.

I would like to see them be interviewed by Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon, who has talked about them every single night on his show since the first scandal broke out. But since that is CNN, that would never happen. I'd like to see them be interviewed by Nancy Grace too, she'd really get to the good questions. I really am hoping Megyn Kelly is going to pull off the kid gloves for this one but I am concerned....She's had Tony Perkins, Josh's boss at FRC, on her show on a weekly basis and I've never seen her go hard on him. I bet all of their questions are going to be pre-approved by JB & Michelle, right?

What can they possibly say that can make things right?!?!?! What happened did happen. If they had handled it correctly out of the gate....but then still, Josh's job and their TV show....couldn't have happened. Or at least the job.

Forgiveness. Many different descriptions. In this case it is still upsetting. And then Josh went on to a mainstream, sort of, marriage to an innocent, brainwashed woman and had three/four totally innocent sweet children. That rings wrong.

But everyone here knows that. Just ranting. ha ha

Nothing can make overbreeding and the Gothard way of life right or explainable, and that is the real problem.

More ranting. :nenner:

As for the Duggar interview, I've been wondering when they'd come out of hiding. The question to me is are they going to be defensive and full of explanations, or they going to own up to the criticism that they handled it wrongly and move forward to correct their mistakes? And are they doing this to basically get their show back?

I think they're trying to hold on to their "good name" with their fan base, whether that involves a TV show or not. These two are going to scratch and claw and come up with some other schemes when the show is cancelled. Seasoned professional grifters won't give up that easily.

Think Michelle might apologize to all of transgendered women in the world she labeled as child molesters? Nah, don't think so either.

It won't happen but I'd love the interviewer to ask:

"How do you reconcile the hypocrisy of calling for transexuals to be banned from women's washrooms to prevent the theoretical possibility of abuse when you allowed your son who was a known abuser to continue to live in close contact with those he abused" (I'd play the clip of Michelle's robo calls here)

or "Jim Bob, do you still advocate the death penalty for incest now that it has become known that your son abused his sisters" (I'd show the copy of his campaign beliefs here)

or "Michelle, do you still compare women who have had sexual contact prior to marriage to dirty kleenex's or polluted water or trampled flowers (I'd show the clip of their shining stars conference the girls attended here) now that it has become clear that your daughters were abused in a sexual way prior to marriage"

or "Jessa's father in law has said - it is simply lack of opportunity or fear of consequences that keep us from falling into grievous sin even though our fallen hearts would love to indulge the flesh". Do you believe that and if so what do you do to prevent Josh or indeed any one of your children or yourself from abusing?"

I can think of lots of good questions and I don't think any of them will be asked. I think JB and M will be "It was grievous hard but now it is all good because: Jesus and it would have been worse if we weren't so godly".

I would bet my whole paycheck that Boob put a whole bunch of stipulations in place before agreeing to this interview. They don't feel they did anything wrong. I doubt the "interview" will be a mea culpa of any sort.

I doubt they'll actually do it but I would like to hear them admit they were wrong in how they handled things. No, it won't "fix" things because things like this can't simply be fixed but it be a baby step in the right direction.

Anytime I hear Megyn Kelly mentioned I get a migraine. Of course they pick a news source that only appeals to their "demographic". :angry-cussingblack:

Archived