IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

Just to clarify, the cannon fodder/culture war comment was by an anti-Megyn Kelly, anti-Fox person. Against them.

There are Fox viewers on FJ who aren't buying this. I'm curious if this will lower their overall opinion of Fox News.

I know what I'm getting with fox, just as I know what to expect with cnn. Some things I agree with and some things I roll my eyes at. I'm more afraid that those who are less educated than we are may buy the spin.

I do wish oreilly was doing the interview. I think he'd call them on thei bullshit, which is precisely why he's not doing it.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to clarify, the cannon fodder/culture war comment was by an anti-Megyn Kelly, anti-Fox person. Against them.

There are Fox viewers on FJ who aren't buying this. I'm curious if this will lower their overall opinion of Fox News.

Oooh thanks for clarifying! I'll go do a strikethrough on my comment, then.

ETA: Crap, I can't edit that comment. I still stand corrected, though.

What ever they say, wear, how they say it, what don't say... will all be analysed and reported by an awful lot of main stream media. They cannot win what ever they do. Every frame, sigh, blink...etc. They world is watching them, and not with admiration. This is car crash tv. The British press have been wonderfully scathing. Never in a million years would I have predicted that the subject of Josh Duggar would make me in agreement with Zsu and Piers Morgan ! :?

There will be no more horrid robocalls (such sweet justice if that was the trigger for joshpocolypse !) with out being hounded to hell by many people, even Christians, for their hypocrisy. That's over, and so is Josh Duggar's political career. That, I am quite certain. He molested a 4 year old and hates people. The internet never forgets.

The TLC gravy train will be over, but, in 2015, we are our own media, so it wouldn't surprise me if they go on to do self made documentaries or vlogging in a few months/years. As we have seen, they do have die hard supporters and could probably get speaking gigs.

I don't think the young marrieds, without their freak show families are interesting enough to keep people's attention for years on end. They aren't eloquent and original and in time their looks will fade and so will they into obscurity and the odd instagram post.

The gravy train hit its last stop, and not before time! :cracking-up:

Thank you Lord. Thank you for letting me bear witness to the very public downfall of the Duggars, the Phillips, Mars Hill and Gothard in my time. There was a time, back in ooo, mid 00s (been here since yuku) that I thought they would be poisoning the culture for decades. They are not and have been exposed for what they are. Thank you Lord.

"Fifty Shades of Hey Hey Hey" actually made me burst out laughing (but also feel slightly queasy), so thank you, NellieBell. :lol:

Envision, if you dare, the Duggar version of the Red (BEIGE) room. I imagine it would be far more terrifying than the real deal. Nothing provokes unease as paddles hand stenciled with bible verses, wielded by a life-sized Howdy Doody wearing a crotched dog collar. :lol: Sorry for going off topic mods. I'm placing myself in the prayer closet with a flask in one hand and a Taco Bell burrito in the other.

Envision, if you dare, the Duggar version of the Red (BEIGE) room. I imagine it would be far more terrifying than the real deal. Nothing provokes unease as paddles hand stenciled with bible verses, wielded by a life-sized Howdy Doody wearing a crotched dog collar. :lol: Sorry for going off topic mods. I'm placing myself in the prayer closet with a flask in one hand and a Taco Bell burrito in the other.

Here's hoping the prayer closet has adequate ventilation.

O'Reilly wouldn't attack them at all. He would totally side with them over the liberal agenda to split up a decent god fearing family.

Megyn is the perfect choice for fox. she is female so liberals can't cry sexism and she is conservative to appeal to the fundie masses that will watch their favourite molesting family cover up what they have done.

the whole lot of them make me sick beyond belief. :angry-banghead:

My only remaining hope for this upcoming mutual self-admiration fest is that the Fox viewers may have read the In Touch article or seen some of the more scathing reports on TV. I can see a lot of people reading the In Touch article in the checkout line at the grocery store or in a beauty salon or doctor's office. Hopefully, if enough of the audience know the basic facts, they can cut through the bull and realize the extent to which they've been lied to.

If only we could get them on the View or the Talk, those ladies would rip the Duggars to shreds like they deserve!

I wonder if Megyn appreciates the fact that Quiverfull would not allow her to become an attorney and have a career outside babymaking.

I...don't even know what to say, but damn it this mental image will stay with me forever.

I wonder if Megyn appreciates the fact that Quiverfull would not allow her to become an attorney and have a career outside babymaking.

Maybe privately but she would absolutely not say so on air/in public. She's paid by Fox, and even though she's a shill. she's probably not a dumb shill.

That said, like a previous poster said, she definitely gives off an air of "I got mine so you can go fuck yourself." So I doubt she loses any sleep or really gives a shit about the women disadvantaged by fundie-ism.

Maybe privately but she would absolutely not say so on air/in public. She's paid by Fox, and even though she's a shill. she's probably not a dumb shill.

That said, like a previous poster said, she definitely gives off an air of "I got mine so you can go fuck yourself."

Au contraire, she's a very smart shill.

While I agree with you completely, you are looking at this logically and sanely using critical thinking. Logic and sanity do not apply to the hardcore Duggar supporters and they certainly don't think critically. I do think the Duggars will go underground for a long time and not pop up at speaking events and political rallies. But the hardcore leghumpers will not go gently into this good night and, sadly, they are legion. They want their Duggars back and I fear that TLC will find a way to make them happy. Most people will always recognize the asterisk after the Duggar name but their supporters live in Fantasyland and there are no asterisks there. On a positive note, I think there will be much more scrutiny of this family from now on and that is a good thing.

I don't know that the Duggars have enough hardcore followers to sustain a show. I certainly hope they don't. (Half those people don't watch TV, right? ) I think a lot of their audience is made up of people who like freak show TV and are curious - the same people who watch Honey Boo Boo, Jon and Kate Plus Eight, et al. They're a novelty and people don't think about them much beyond that. The Duggars have gotten more publicity from their pure spiel with the courting, but even then, most of that is the freak factor, not people hardcore agreeing with their lifestyle or anything. They could probably weather the storm with talk of "forgiveness" if we were discussing The Boob having an affair. But child molestation is a pretty hard line for pretty much everyone. Parents covering it up is an even bigger one. Fox News softballs or not, a molester apologist interview isn't going to give the Duggars any help here. Everyone else is watching and those darn facts will just keep getting in the way of their spin.

Edited for riffles and because autocorrect sucks.

I hate her and I hate Fox "News". What a shrill, nasty person. There is a great web site that has a variety of memes that are variations of her "Essentially" line. (From her infamous, Pepper Spray? It's a food product, essentially statement after an Occupy incident)

Molestation? It's Accidental Sex, Essentially.

Kelly: after a national magazine published a SEALED police report after josh duggar touched young girls josh has more

NEW LEGAL QUESTIONS about the release of duggar police report

The mayor of springdale supported them.

FOI Law records of a juvenile shall not be subject to disclosure under FOI. So the record was ordered to be destroyed since it's illegal.

Bart hester is calling for him to lose his job. (Phone interview with Bart Hester) Chief might face criminal charges

People are accusing duggar family of sweeping it under the reg

-Brought on legal people to debate how the release is illegal and trying to fire the police chief

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SEALED RECORDS OF MOLESTATION VICTIMS WHO DID NOT CONSENT TO HAVE WHAT WAS DONE TO THEM RELEASED AND THE WAY THIS WAS RELEASED REVEALS THE IDENTITIES OF THE VICTIMS

Megyn Kelly is spinning, spinning, spinning this into how the juvenile record was sealed and was against the law to be released.

Let's take Josh out of it-- whatever you think about it."- Kelly

I do wish oreilly was doing the interview. I think he'd call them on thei bullshit, which is precisely why he's not doing it.

Buzzard, I said the same thing many pages back and everyone jumped on me. :) O'Reilly doesn't suffer fools plus he hates when anyonetries to overshadow him. He'd eat JB alive!

Specifically what do you think Bill would think is bullshit? Considering his court docs released depicted him choking his ex-wife and calling her a bad mother, I'm guessing he doesn't like court docs released. The Duggars stand for all the values that Fox purports to support too.

I'm guessing Fox is thinking who is the best to have there when Duggars start crying (which one or both will)? When they need to defend the interview, the can say how can you call sexism when we have Megyn Kelly doing it?

It will be interesting when other Fox shows start playing clips of the interview what Bill does. Will he show clips and support Duggars or show clips and call them out?

Edited an awkward sentence

I know what I'm getting with fox, just as I know what to expect with cnn. Some things I agree with and some things I roll my eyes at. I'm more afraid that those who are less educated than we are may buy the spin.

Mike Huckabee's PR guy is helping the Duggars with their own PR mess, including helping them decide on what channel and with whom to have their interview. (I saw this on Don Lemon's show on CNN Tuesday.)

Kelly: after a national magazine published a SEALED police report after josh duggar touched young girls josh has more

NEW LEGAL QUESTIONS about the release of duggar police report

The mayor of springdale supported them.

FOI Law records of a juvenile shall not be subject to disclosure under FOI. So the record was ordered to be destroyed since it's illegal.

Bart hester is calling for him to lose his job. (Phone interview with Bart Hester) Chief might face criminal charges

People are accusing duggar family of sweeping it under the reg

-Brought on legal people to debate how the release is illegal and trying to fire the police chief

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SEALED RECORDS OF MOLESTATION VICTIMS WHO DID NOT CONSENT TO HAVE WHAT WAS DONE TO THEM RELEASED AND THE WAY THIS WAS RELEASED REVEALS THE IDENTITIES OF THE VICTIMS

Megyn Kelly is spinning, spinning, spinning this into how the juvenile record was sealed and was against the law to be released.

Let's take Josh out of it-- whatever you think about it."- Kelly

Actually, I am appalled that the report was released and the victims' identities revealed. Somebody should get fired for that. But it wouldn't be an issue if Josh hadn't molested the girls in the first place!

what time is it on again?

I was under the impression that the release of the report was actually legal since police reports are not juvenile records. Did we discover something at established it was not?

Archived