IGNORED

Fundie Reactions to Josh Duggar Molestation Admission

Georgiana

Sheila gregoire's daughter: /lifeasadare.com/2015/05/why-the-duggars-give-christianity-a-bad-name/

Sheila will have a post Monday

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's VERY FUCKING INAPPROPRIATE to have kept him within the family unit when so many of the kids in that family unit were his victims. Not severing him forced his victims to be revictimized and to have to live in fear. Basically toss their feelings and needs under the bus to make sure the molester has the support he needs. The girls don't need support. They don't need to feel safe as long as their brother stays under the same roof as always so that he's happy and comfortable.

He SHOULD have been sent away. His parents could have visited him, and later, the kids who were comfortable enough. Instead he stayed home, and his victims had to face him. No. Just NO.

We disagree. What I meant was, had John received the therapy he'd needed to really transform his life, he wouldn't have needed to be tossed out on his ear quite so handily as he has been now. Staying within the bosom of his family with four sister-victims is, yes, not appropriate. The girls need therapy too. But he would have needed to have been somewhere nearby so that when the reunification began, they could all be together in a neutral place, in a safe setting for all.

Veering off the topic parameters here, I apologize. I do agree with the poster who said, "which fundy is going to ask Josh to "render unto Caesar?""

As of this very moment all Duggar references are still on the Maxwell blog. I'm sure that will change shortly. These are the same people who scrubbed Joe's courtship and broken engagement off the blog.

Josh and Anna's website is "currently unavailable". Doesn't seem like it has been swamped, seems like someone took it down.

If they are scared it is probably because they don't want people to start looking too deeply at them, not because they are worried about their kids. They heard the horror stories about what Bill Gothard did to the teen girls who traveled with him and not only did Gil help protect Gothard, they still shipped their daughters off to travel with him.

Really???!!! Gross!!!!

Really???!!! Gross!!!!

Yes really. People need to look deeply at Gil and Kelly Bates. They are not the nice people they portray themselves to be on their tv show. They are better at putting on a good show than the Duggars, but they are actually deeper into the cult. Gil was hand picked by Bill Gothard to be on the IBLP BoD. That right there tells you everything you need to know about the character of Gil and Kelly Bates. They wouldn't be in that position if they had a strong moral compass and a desire to protect children from abuse.

I don’t share some peoples joy of the Josh boy sexual charges, because the real issue has not been address, has his victims received mental health help? Duggar’s can spin it all they want regarding that god in some magical way resolved Josh’s issue. If that was the case then why did catholic priests continue to molest young boys? Once a sexual predator/pedophiles there is a 90% chance that he will do it again, even with treatment. I am not saying that he should be put in prison but at least he should have been some type of criminal charges brought against him plus be removed from the home since there were/are plenty of victims for him. I still cannot wrap my head around someone marrying a known pedophile, and then have children with him. :angry-banghead:

I just hope the victims have gotten some help, if not please get help now.

CANCEL THE SHOW

Does this mean the Josh is gay? Because they are the only ones that sexual abuse children, according to PP & Zsu.

"There are murderers, liars, drug users, adulterers, hypocrites, prostitutes, homosexuals and pedophiles asking if they are forgivable. Because if Josh’s sins are unforgiveable then so are theirs.

Praise God, we know that that isn’t true."

This argument assumes two things:

1) That sin and crime are synonymous, when in truth "crime" deals with trespasses against the law while "sin" deals with moral lapses. They may overlap sometimes, but they're not the same things.

2) All sins and crimes are created equal. They're not. Justice has been explained to me as an attempt to make whomever has been victimized "whole" - that is either to restore them as closely to the state before they were victimized as possible, or to make restitution for damages that cannot be corrected.

The reason for proportional justice - e.g., life in prison for murder and a fine for speeding - is because not all crime is equal in its impact, nor in the capacity of each criminal to pay victims and society for his or her acts.

Vandalism, for example, can be relatively easy to pay for - a fine and perhaps the requirement that the offender correct whatever physical damage he or she caused at personal expense would be sufficient compensation to make the offended party "whole."

Molestation of a child (or children) is in an entirely other league than the OP's examples of prostitution or drug use (the latter of which, depending on the circumstances, may be as close to a victimless crime as the consumption of alcohol - so, it's an act with varying degrees of severity depending on the individuals and on the circumstances). Her inclusion of homosexuality in that list is entirely inappropriate in part because it's not illegal at all, and in part because what happens between consenting adults doesn't negatively impact the "wholeness" of anyone.

Josh is now 27, from what I understand. He admits that 12 years ago - so approximately at the age of 15 - he committed inappropriate sexual acts with several of his sisters. These occurred in a household where women are blamed if their clothing causes men to "stumble." This also occured in the context of a public family life that was deliberately portrayed as idyllic, so that anyone publicly undermining that portrayal would be hurting the entire family financially while humiliating them and tarnishing their "witness" in the process.

In other words, the five sisters likely would have been pressured to forgive - and it's not really forgiveness at all under those circumstances, but merely another layer of victimization to extract "forgiveness" from a victim whom you've made no real attempt at all to repair. The sisters would, assuming the leghumpers think as the Duggars do, be reminded that they also sin and to forgive is to be forgiven. The victims would have been religiously and emotionally manipulated not to call authority figures who were not friends of the Duggars because to call social services would harm the family - or, more accurately, it would harm the brand.

The Duggars, whatever their reasons for covering the actions of their son, could in the very least have sent him away to live with other relatives while he underwent treatment and while his sisters, finally in an environment free of his predation, would be able to actually benefit from counselling.

These are the same brand of religious zealots that send their kids away "to treatment centres" for being gay, and yet the discovery their son was molesting a number of his sisters did not cause the Duggar parents to even separate him from them let alone seek anything remotely resembling justice.

The ironic thing, here, is that Josh Duggar at age 15 may have been charged as a minor and had his record sealed at age 18/21. Now, however, at age 27, he is as an adult having to deal with the crimes he committed as a teenager - and the payment for an adult who hides crimes such as those for 12 years whole pretending to uphold and eventually lobby for family values is loss of income, public humiliation, and the potential loss of access to his own family. Moreover, it's possible that if he did not get correct treatment, he could have ended up continuing his predations elsewhere as an adult. In other words, he's going to pay more now than would likely have been demanded of him 12 years ago - and one of the worst parts is that, while his parents were in collusion and should be paying as high a penalty for hiding the crimes of their then-minor son as he will for having committed those crimes, this will cost them nothing compared to what it will cost Josh Duggar.

He may never see his day in court not. Because he put that off, however, it won't be the rest of his childhood blighted but the rest of his life.

Meanwhile, the victims have spent the past 12 years paying for (and probably feeling guilty for) the crimes of their brother; crimes their parents did everything to obscure from view of the courts. It's possible none of them have yet fully faced this - but instead of their names being redacted in a 12-year-old judgment, they're victimization is now public knowledge.

The silence of James Robert and Michelle Duggar has done more harm to everyone involved than they're at least sending Josh to a legitimate counselling centre as part of a legal agreement ever could have.

The leghumpers keep pretending this is about forgiveness, and its lack among those who condemn the Duggars' activities. But forgiveness is a private matter, especially in this case. It isn't even appropriate for all these people to be defending the Duggar parents on the assumption their son has "been forgiven." (They don't know whether or not he has, frankly.)

What they should be talking about, but won't, is how to preserve the privacy of his sisters and how to help them now that what happened has come to light.

They're so invested in protecting the brand, however, that they're willing to look past roboMichelle's worry that transexuals could be predatory in their effort to protect someone who admits to inappropriate sexual behaviour with his sisters.

I can't. For the first time ever, I simply can't even gawk. The justification and excusing going on in fundie land makes me physically ill.

5 star douchbag Matt Walsh has voiced his opinion: http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/t ... sives-are/

I was just coming to post this.

I like how he says progressives dont have a problem with sexual improprieties unless the person is a conservative. Um, no, Matt, progressives aren"t accept gays because they're not conservative. It's because they're CONSENTING ADULTS, unlike the little girls victimized by Duggar.

But this comment on fb, with 1200 likes, takes the cake

He repented and was forgiven. It's not like they are building a float for the Molestation Pride parade and demanding that his behavior be accepted in society. Quite a difference.

Jill Rodriguez will probably set up a Gofundme account for Josh. The good news is he'll never see a dime of that account.

Lori doesn't know when to shut up.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/05/joshua-duggar-story-of-victims.html

Lori doesn't know when to shut up.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/05/joshua-duggar-story-of-victims.html

Completly Clueless Christian wrote:

The Duggars are an exceptional family and the proof of this is what we have witnessed as the cameras rolled into their lives and showed a well-adjusted, fabulous set of lovable kids for the past ten years. We have seen the victims at least looking as if they healed, and if they still need help, that is the parent's responsibility to find it for them, not society's role to force it upon them. I vote for keeping the Duggars on the air so that we can see how a fine Christian family handles great adversity twice. Once victimized by one of their own children and now victimized by money grubbing worldly people who had to get the garbage.

I don't even have the words to take that apart....That woman is living in a state of denial that is not even of this universe.

I said this in the Lori thread, but I wonder if Ken also wrote that post and allowed Lori to have it.

Lori and Ken will continue to defend Joshie boy.

At this point, I'm curious to see if Jill R. responds or makes some kind of video or if Zsu responds. Zsu might be one of the few fundie bloggers to turn against the Duggars. Zsu, in my opinion is much more intelligent than Lori or Jill R.

When confronted with the cold, hard facts of the police report (or "gossip" as she would call it), Stacy couldn't handle it and deleted her post.

I don't even have the words to take that apart....That woman is living in a state of denial that is not even of this universe.

Notice that in the Duggar comments you will not see the words "victim" or "victimize", molest or molestation, sex or sexual etc...this is by design of course and for Lori to use the word victim or victimizes three times is actually quite passive aggressive. You can see this in the other fundie comments as well. I see this comment as being supportive only on the surface.

I'm wondering who will be stepping up as the next public face of Quiverfull, now that the Duggars (and Gothard, and Phillips) have been forced out of the spotlight. I'm sure at this moment there's some family with a "ministry" angling to position themselves as the new Vision Forum-- New and improved, with less rape! (That you know of). Any bets on who makes it big? Or are the true believers just going to quietly hunker down and stick with ATI?

I'm wondering who will be stepping up as the next public face of Quiverfull, now that the Duggars (and Gothard, and Phillips) have been forced out of the spotlight. I'm sure at this moment there's some family with a "ministry" angling to position themselves as the new Vision Forum-- New and improved, with less rape! (That you know of). Any bets on who makes it big? Or are the true believers just going to quietly hunker down and stick with ATI?

I still don't think a lot of mainstream Christian who lurrrved the Duggars for being this "wholesome shiny family" understand that they are entirely enmeshed in ATI and Gothardism. They all have their heads in the sand about it. Until the connection is made, widely and clearly, I think similar families (read: bates) will just step right in where the Duggars left off.

I expect the Bateses to jump all over this opportunity.

Archived