IGNORED

Fundie Reactions to Josh Duggar Molestation Admission

Georgiana

In a comment on Lori Alexander's post on Saturday May 24th, Ken writes "They just have some fuel for Satan's fire to try and bury a wonderful family that is not perfect, but are pretty close to the ideal family". I can't believe that with the molestation that occurred in this family that they are in any way close to being ideal. I find it very strange that he thinks that since other people are behaving immorally sexually, according to Ken that you can not think that what Josh did is completely unacceptable. There's something very strange going on in that family where sexual molestation of children can be considered just a mistake and can be forgiven and therefore the slate is wiped clean. Forgiveness is not about no longer having any consequences for actions that were taken and that it can no longer be used against the person. Josh's victims can forgive him but they do not ever have to trust him again or want to have anything to do with him.

If they found out that one of the Duggars murdered someone and have prayed and asked for forgiveness would Ken expect that there should be no consequences for this?

I think for Ken and Lori, they just have egg on there face for idolizing the Duggars and now are trying to find a way out of this mess. They cannot admit that they were wrong about the screwed up family life of the Duggar. They can not be wrong

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of Gil Bates just saw a few news stories about the bates, the new Bates Grand Babies and their New upcoming season... not sure if the stories were done b4 the Scandal, Im sure it takes a few days to write, edit a story, but there Bates didn't comment on the Duggars

I also saw Amy and her BF make this whole Scandal about her, guess he had to announce to the World that her purity hadn't been taken by Smugger ?

0b307a557262f2d00860053510edfdba.jpg

We already knew she wasn't the fifth victim. The police report says four live with jimbob and one lives in another zip code. Amy lived close enough that she would sneak over during elementary school recess so she likely didn't live in another zip code.

Yes we all knew Amy was a Not a Victim,

I understand his concern over her safety, but did he need to announce it to the World? It was a 5th unrelated Victim Amy & Josh are related!!! Seems kinda flipplant of the real Victims, who are in her Family, even if He found out about the Ordeal in the News. OV he must had a Convo with Amy abt it.

.. not sure if he did out of Concern, or maybe he wanted press ... I dunno, seems odd that her BF addressed the rumors b4 she did, to me u can pray for the family & Victims w/o mentioning Amy ..

its like saying oh those poor girls! But I'm Glad I'm not them, love u babe! Xoxo .....I just think there was a better way to handle it, JS

Personality I would be pissed if my BF made a post like that, its OV clear that it wasn't her. Even if the cops meant "unrelated girl" as girl that dont live in the house, its for Amy to clarify wether or not she was Abused, not him!

Not sure if anyone here has seen this blog post yet, but an interesting view of how Gothardism breeds predatory behavior (and it talks about the Duggar situation specifically). It's a long read, but a good one, I think.

fiddlrts.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-duggars-how-fundamentalisms.html?spref=fb

Not sure if anyone here has seen this blog post yet, but an interesting view of how Gothardism breeds predatory behavior (and it talks about the Duggar situation specifically). It's a long read, but a good one, I think.

fiddlrts.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-duggars-how-fundamentalisms.html?spref=fb

You think right. It is an excellent read!

You think right. It is an excellent read!

Yes that is a really good read :think:

Interesting post by a lawyer and former fundie with his opinion on the issue, based on his own experiences growing up in the culture and what he has found during his practicing law.

fiddlrts.blogspot.ca/2015/05/the-duggars-how-fundamentalisms.html

Interesting post by a lawyer and former fundie with his opinion on the issue, based on his own experiences growing up in the culture and what he has found during his practicing law.

Good piece. Thanks for posting it.

Yes, it's been posted a couple of posts back already.

I encourage everyone to catch up here and then take the time to read the blog post referenced here.

Thank you for sharing this. This is what fundies and non-fundies need to learn from the situation, but so many people seem to be missing it.

That's why, despite never having seen more than a few minutes of the show at a time, and having no idea which kid was Josh, I was able to make this prediction. All I needed to know was that they followed Gothard's teachings about sex and gender, and I knew that it was more likely than not that a sex scandal would surface sooner or later.

While I would not defend what this boy did - it was pretty clearly sexual assault - I do understand some of why, and strongly believe that Gothard’s teachings contributed to the way he acted out.

That is why all the talk about how the Bates must be horrified and could have never known is missing the mark. The Bates are just as deep or even deeper into these teachings than the Duggars. They raised their kids in this same environment that breeds abuse and abuse cover up. They sent their own daughters off with a guy they knew had decades of abuse accusations surrounding him. People need to realize that the teachings contributed to what happened and that the Bates believe these exact same things.

Thank you for sharing this. This is what fundies and non-fundies need to learn from the situation, but so many people seem to be missing it.

That's why, despite never having seen more than a few minutes of the show at a time, and having no idea which kid was Josh, I was able to make this prediction. All I needed to know was that they followed Gothard's teachings about sex and gender, and I knew that it was more likely than not that a sex scandal would surface sooner or later.

While I would not defend what this boy did - it was pretty clearly sexual assault - I do understand some of why, and strongly believe that Gothard’s teachings contributed to the way he acted out.

That is why all the talk about how the Bates must be horrified and could have never known is missing the mark. The Bates are just as deep or even deeper into these teachings than the Duggars. They raised their kids in this same environment that breeds abuse and abuse cover up. They sent their own daughters off with a guy they knew had decades of abuse accusations surrounding him. People need to realize that the teachings contributed to what happened and that the Bates believe these exact same things.

It is not limited to the teachings of Gothard ad the USA. As a psychologist I treated many children from orthodox christian families in the Dutch bible belt. Sibling incest in all forms and shapes and incest in general are rampant in these circles.

It is not limited to the teachings of Gothard ad the USA. As a psychologist I treated many children from orthodox christian families in the Dutch bible belt. Sibling incest in all forms and shapes and incest in general are rampant in these circles.

I don't think he was trying to say that is limited to Gothard and the USA, just that Gothard's teachings on purity can contribute to these behaviors. I wonder how similar the beliefs in the Dutch Bible Belt are to American fundie teachings.

I don't think he was trying to say that is limited to Gothard and the USA, just that Gothard's teachings on purity can contribute to these behaviors. I wonder how similar the beliefs in the Dutch Bible Belt are to American fundie teachings.

No he didn't say that. What I meant was, unfortunately it happens everywhere it is a well known phenomenon. The Gothards are an evangelical brand of christianity. I am talking about the very strict reformed orthodox christians here. They are so extreme they are even dressed in black. There are different flavours of this madness in the Netherlands. At the end of the day it is the patriarchy concept of isolating, surpressing everything remotely sexual and the like that has a very destructive effect on children.

We already knew she wasn't the fifth victim. The police report says four live with jimbob and one lives in another zip code. Amy lived close enough that she would sneak over during elementary school recess so she likely didn't live in another zip code.

Can you knock off the text speech? Thanks.

Well, now both James and Stacy have deleted their posts. I guess they were "persecuted" about them.

Ray Comfort has spoken.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/05/25/ray-comfort-threatens-to-stop-watching-tlc-after-network-drops-duggars/

And some guy from HEAV that I'm not familar with but he's horrible based on this.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/heavs-rick-boyer-defends-josh-duggar-and-bill-gothard-claims-abuse-is-the-new-racism/

I am surprised at the unapologetic excusing of sexual abuse from these people. But I am glad that their creepy views are now public and will not be forgotten.

Katie The Sane Botkin has weighed in, on her blog and FB page - not a fundie, I know, but I thought this thread was the best place for inclusion.

kbotkin.com/2015/05/22/josh-duggar-and-the-pattern-of-scandal/

facebook.com/helinebotkin?fref=ts

(There's some interesting backing-and-forthing in response to her FB post.)

I think I have found the absolute fucking worst. The other fundies can just go home now.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/creatio ... s-sisters/

Eric Hovind, please go and insert a cactus up your ass. The apple never falls far from the tree.

“Since Josh molested girls, which could damage their trust of men, which could damage their future marriage, which could damage their future family, we should make Josh Duggar work the rest of his life to help families stay together and help them recognize how twisted the world is and how God offers instruction on how to live righteously!†said Hovind, who is affiliated with the Olive Baptist Church in Pensacola, Florida.

“He should be forced to push faith, family and freedom in the public showing the Christian worldview has the answers,†Hovind continued. “We should force him to get a job at the Family Research Counsel (whose) mission is ‘to advance faith, family and freedom in public policy and the culture from a Christian worldview.’ That would be a great punishment!â€

1. All he fucking cares about is that being molested might damage their trust in men, and affect their future marriage and family.

2. He did have a job at the Family Research Council. What the fuck do you think he has been doing for the last few years other than sit on his fat ass eating fast food. Oh, yeah, right, TLC never showed him at work or told us what he does because he was working for a hate group. Also after all this came out, they don't fucking want him either.

3. Faith, family and fucking freedom? Freedom for what? Just heterosexual cisgender white men obviously. That isn't all families, and they are not pro family, they are just pro whatever narrow boundaries they consider a family.

“If evolution is true, then there is no absolute right and wrong,†Hovind said. “If evolution is true Josh should not have admitted his faults over a decade ago because what one evolved bag of molecules does to another bag of molecules just doesn’t really matter. If evolution is true there is no ultimate Judge on the bench who will hold every man, woman, and child responsible for their actions. And if evolution is true you will not give an account for every idle word you speak.â€

I am an atheist. I believe in evolution (and for extra evil points, I am a lesbian). Just because we aren't afraid of going to Hell when we die, doesn't mean that it is okay to lie, cheat, steal, murder and rape your way through life. We have morals, and we have feelings. Empathy, morals and love are things naturally imbuilt in people, if you don't have these, youre not an atheist, you are a psychopath, and people of all walks of life can be psychopaths. Even evil science says that people with no empathy and morals have something wrong with them.

If you think that being an atheist means its okay to molest children, rape people, murder and do whatever you like, and that the only reason you are not out killing some babies and setting puppies on fire, is because you read the Bible and believe that if you aren't good you go to Hell, get the fuck away from me because you are obviously a psychopath.

It does matter to me. Sure, I don't believe in Heaven and Hell, but that doesn't stop me from doing bad things. My feelings of empathy and sense of morality do. I care that Josh molested kids, because the survivors are not just a bag of molecules to me. They are human beings, with thoughts and feelings, and I actually care what happens to them. Not because I will go to Heaven if I attain a basic level of decency towards my fellow human beings. But because the pain they went through makes me feel sad, and I know that it is wrong for someone to have done that to them. Its called empathy, dickhead.

I think I have found the absolute fucking worst. The other fundies can just go home now.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/creatio ... s-sisters/

Eric Hovind, please go and insert a cactus up your ass. The apple never falls far from the tree.

1. All he fucking cares about is that being molested might damage their trust in men, and affect their future marriage and family.

2. He did have a job at the Family Research Council. What the fuck do you think he has been doing for the last few years other than sit on his fat ass eating fast food. Oh, yeah, right, TLC never showed him at work or told us what he does because he was working for a hate group. Also after all this came out, they don't fucking want him either.

3. Faith, family and fucking freedom? Freedom for what? Just heterosexual cisgender white men obviously. That isn't all families, and they are not pro family, they are just pro whatever narrow boundaries they consider a family.

I am an atheist. I believe in evolution (and for extra evil points, I am a lesbian). Just because we aren't afraid of going to Hell when we die, doesn't mean that it is okay to lie, cheat, steal, murder and rape your way through life. We have morals, and we have feelings. Empathy, morals and love are things naturally imbuilt in people, if you don't have these, youre not an atheist, you are a psychopath, and people of all walks of life can be psychopaths. Even evil science says that people with no empathy and morals have something wrong with them.

If you think that being an atheist means its okay to molest children, rape people, murder and do whatever you like, and that the only reason you are not out killing some babies and setting puppies on fire, is because you read the Bible and believe that if you aren't good you go to Hell, get the fuck away from me because you are obviously a psychopath.

It does matter to me. Sure, I don't believe in Heaven and Hell, but that doesn't stop me from doing bad things. My feelings of empathy and sense of morality do. I care that Josh molested kids, because the survivors are not just a bag of molecules to me. They are human beings, with thoughts and feelings, and I actually care what happens to them. Not because I will go to Heaven if I attain a basic level of decency towards my fellow human beings. But because the pain they went through makes me feel sad, and I know that it is wrong for someone to have done that to them. Its called empathy, dickhead.

People who think atheists have no morals fucking terrify me, not because they think *I'm* immoral, but because they think the only reason for not harming other human beings is to get a golden ticket into heaven.

Hmmmm, let's see here.

First, a short list of fundie "Christians," like the kind Hovind is praising ,who have been involved in sordid sex scandals:

1. Doug Phillips

2. Bill Gothard

3. Jim Bakker

4. Jimmy Swaggart

5. Ted Haggard

Next, a list of atheists who have been involved in sordid sex scandals:

Hey, guys - help me out here!

Didn't see this posted previously when I did a quick search, so forgive me if I still missed it.

As of the time of this posting, the IBLP Family Conferences website still has JB and Michelle Duggar listed on their speakers list (video rather than live) for a conference near Nashville starting tomorrow. They are also still listed as featured speakers (video) for upcoming conferences in Sacramento and the Twin Cities. Their name is also prominently featured under the scrolling list of conference participants at the bottom of the page.

Either no one is minding the website, or IBLP is taking no pains to hide their association with the Duggars in the wake of all of this.

Aside: Thank you FJ moderators for approving my account so quickly and for keeping the forums running relatively smoothly over the last several days! :text-thankyouyellow:

Doug Wilson: Josh Duggar ain’t so bad because BILL CLINTON:

“Try to imagine the scandal over the Duggars being crowned by Josh Duggar’s wife announcing she was going to run for Congress. You will then have some sense of how much work the world’s justification can accomplish. If you can justify Clinton levels of corruption, you can accomplish quite a bit. At least for a while.â€

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/a-mound-of-pink-cotton-balls.html

Lori has replied to several comments in the Seewald comments.

I am on my phone and there are a great many comments

Interestingly, he moderates all comments and he allowed lots of anti Josh ones, but most surprisingly one that says "he molested your own daughter in law and you're supporting him" - I am surprised he approved that one.

Plus he says to get the molester away from the victims but praises the duggers for how they acted. the duggers left it going a long time did little and did not contact the police on time. they broke the law in fact. but hey these christian goals and all.

Didn't see this posted previously when I did a quick search, so forgive me if I still missed it.

As of the time of this posting, the IBLP Family Conferences website still has JB and Michelle Duggar listed on their speakers list (video rather than live) for a conference near Nashville starting tomorrow. They are also still listed as featured speakers (video) for upcoming conferences in Sacramento and the Twin Cities. Their name is also prominently featured under the scrolling list of conference participants at the bottom of the page.

Either no one is minding the website, or IBLP is taking no pains to hide their association with the Duggars in the wake of all of this.

Aside: Thank you FJ moderators for approving my account so quickly and for keeping the forums running relatively smoothly over the last several days! :text-thankyouyellow:

What about the concert thing that all the married duggars are supposed to attend in July?? Any word on that yet??

Doug Wilson: Josh Duggar ain’t so bad because BILL CLINTON:

“Try to imagine the scandal over the Duggars being crowned by Josh Duggar’s wife announcing she was going to run for Congress. You will then have some sense of how much work the world’s justification can accomplish. If you can justify Clinton levels of corruption, you can accomplish quite a bit. At least for a while.â€

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/a-mound-of-pink-cotton-balls.html

Bc a 50some year old married man having an affair with a consenting 20 something intern is totally the same as a 14 year old boy trapping a 9 year old girl in the laundry room so he can forcibly touch her, or luring a 4 year old with a book so he can forcibly touch her. :roll:

Archived