IGNORED

Fundie Reactions to Josh Duggar Molestation Admission

Georgiana

Maybe the Bates. Or, maybe the Maxwells. This might just be Stevie's opportunity to improve the thickness of his wallet.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elizabeth Zellon, photographer of many fundies (Ben and Jessa, Chad and Erin, David and Priscilla, Jill and Derick, etc.), posted this to facebook, twitter, instagram, and tumblr: https://instagram.com/p/2-HJMGqWpL/

I can only imagine how all the photographers and film crews who have been riding the tails of the Duggars for so many years are suddenly going to be without jobs (or at least worry about the jobs they might have to take). The avalanche affects so many people.

BUT, who knows? Maybe the Duggars have some ideas on how to spin this into another income stream. Ought to be interesting to watch.

Maybe the Bates. Or, maybe the Maxwells. This might just be Stevie's opportunity to improve the thickness of his wallet.

Fortunately for humanity, the Maxwells are way to extreme for the masses. There was a homeschooling fundie light mom who went to one of there conferences and posted about it. Her take away message was, yeah they Christians and have some good tools, but the isolation and 'no fun' attitude were not only unobtainable but also unhealthy

Kristen, writer of "The Kings Bride" blog, has written about it on her personal blog....

wherejoyis.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-most-important-thing-we-can-learn.html#.VWDLzkJU05Q

This is a terrible situation. :( Being sexually abused is traumatic enough in any circumstance, but for it to be also at the hands of someone you loved and trusted? I have three brothers and am thanking my lucky stars in this moment that they all have conscience enough never to do anything like this; and that we were encouraged to tell mum or a teacher or someone if anyone did do anything to make us uncomfortable.

I hope the Duggar girls can get some kind of justice.

I can only imagine how all the photographers and film crews who have been riding the tails of the Duggars for so many years are suddenly going to be without jobs (or at least worry about the jobs they might have to take). The avalanche affects so many people.

BUT, who knows? Maybe the Duggars have some ideas on how to spin this into another income stream. Ought to be interesting to watch.

TLC or the production company employing them might give them some kind of severance pay or offers to work on other shows, if 19kac is canned. I wonder how Sean Overbeeke's career will be effected. He might be getting flamed right now and being questioned if he knew about Josh.

If the show gets canned, the Duggars might to be able to get a show on another network. Up TV, which has the Bates show, won't get involved with the Duggars. UP TV pulled 7th Heaven reruns after the Stephen Collins scandal came out. Also other networks would view the Duggars as a liability, even if Josh is no longer seeking to be on TV.

The Duggars have made some money off of speaking gigs and book sales. I don't see Boob or Mullet ever getting another book deal again. Maybe, they would self-publish. I don't self publishing working for them after this scandal. As for speaking gigs, the Duggars will hurt on that front to a certain extent. Some megachurches and Christian organizations are probably disgusted with them. The only churches or organizations that might hire the Duggars for speaking gigs in the future, might be ones that are associated with Mike Huckabee.

The Duggars might have continued support from hardcore fundies, but many mainstream Christians and non-Christians who liked them will ditch them. I knew a non-religious Jewish woman who was a major Duggar fan. This woman worked for a friend of mine. I haven't seen this woman in a two years because she moved to another state. My friend and I used to get annoyed with that woman's constant defending of the Duggars. She truly believed that everything was peachy in that family. She even liked Josh.

I have a high school classmate who became a hardcore Catholic after she got married. She and her husband have 8 kids and they are 31. They are Duggar fans. Neither one has said anything about the Duggars on FB, since the story broke.

I think certain factions of the Duggar fanbase will do their homework and research the family's beliefs and those reasons combined with what Josh did, will make them no longer support the Duggars or any other possible ways for the Duggars to earn money.

I'm wondering who will be stepping up as the next public face of Quiverfull, now that the Duggars (and Gothard, and Phillips) have been forced out of the spotlight. I'm sure at this moment there's some family with a "ministry" angling to position themselves as the new Vision Forum-- New and improved, with less rape! (That you know of). Any bets on who makes it big? Or are the true believers just going to quietly hunker down and stick with ATI?

Justin Turley. Unlike some others in the "intern generation" (like Bradrick), Turley does not seem the least bit disillusioned by the Phillips/Gothard scandals. If anything, he's even more committed to Dominionism than he was before, and he reminds me so much of Doug with his self-righteousness and hubris. Don't know if it will be in the political arena or in a "ministry," but mark my words, we'll be hearing from him in the future.

Also, Matt Chancey, if they ever come back from Africa.

So the lego sex talk JB gave Josh was for the tv cameras, eh? I mean, he knew what was under his sisters' skirts. I also recall JB mentioning that Josh was saving his first kiss till the altar. How pure. I guess forcibly fondling your sisters is a mistake but giving away your first kiss is impure and homosexuality is abhorrent. :angry-banghead:

Melanie Maxwell's sister, Grace, posted an anti Josh article on her public facebook page with the following comment:

How many children and teenagers have been chided to forgive an abuser? How many have gone without therapy or support after being abused? How many abusers have failed to get any sort of rehabilitation they need because no one wants a scandal?

Loved it and her friends all agreed with her.

Melanie Maxwell's sister, Grace, posted an anti Josh article on her public facebook page with the following comment:

Loved it and her friends all agreed with her.

Thank you Grace. Its nice to see someone cares about the girls, not Josh and the show. Its sad that more people in the fundie community are not saying the same thing. By supporting Josh, you are letting the girls down. Even if they say they forgive him, and maybe they do, they should not be in an environment where everyone else is doing it too. They need to have people who will allow them to share negative thoughts and not be silent about it. People who will tell the girls that their parents lied. It was not a big deal. They were abused, and it is not okay that it happened. That moving on from it is not about forgiving Josh and forgetting it ever happened, but working through the feelings and getting support to make yourself feel okay again...and that may take a while, and some of it will be there for life, but you can be better than it was before.

Here are some blogs I've found with not necessarily fundie, but Christians reacting.

This lady thinks that Jim Bob and Michelle went to the police and got Josh help. Someone corrects her in the comments but she doesn't bother to change her post to reflect the truth.

myearsaretired.com/2015/05/22/grace-we-dont-deserve/

This guy doesn't understand why people are appalled that a 14 year old molested small children.

Why in the world would Christians be appalled to discover an unregenerate 14-year-old boy acted wickedly?
:shock:

blogs.christianpost.com/wretched/the-duggar-disaster-25658/

Here are some blogs I've found with not necessarily fundie, but Christians reacting.

This lady thinks that Jim Bob and Michelle went to the police and got Josh help. Someone corrects her in the comments but she doesn't bother to change her post to reflect the truth.

myearsaretired.com/2015/05/22/grace-we-dont-deserve/

This guy doesn't understand why people are appalled that a 14 year old molested small children.

:shock:

blogs.christianpost.com/wretched/the-duggar-disaster-25658/

Acted wickedly???????? What the fuck do they think he did.

Sure, teenagers can be assholes at times. But molestation is not one of those ways. Normal examples of a teenager acting out would be them having underage sex with a consenting person their own age, getting someone to buy them alcohol and cigarettes, getting into arguments with their parents, coming home late.

But sexually assaulting little girls. That's not "acting wickedly", that is being a criminal.

Its not surprising that 10 year olds can act wickedly too, but two ten year olds murdered a toddler once, does that mean its okay to do that because 10 year olds sometimes do minor bad things like pick on their siblings and be disruptive in class.

There are some things that are so bad that it shouldn't be a case of instant forgiveness, boys will be boys (damn I hate that fucking phrase). These things are rape, molestation and murder.

The UP channel was showing 7th Heaven as of yesterday. I was surprised. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick it up without Josh.

Speaking of the film crews, don't they have to sign a waiver, agreeing to silence about what they see while filming whatever family they are working with?

Not trying to fuel speculation, I just remember reading this somewhere and was trying to confirm if it is true or not.

TLC or the production company employing them might give them some kind of severance pay or offers to work on other shows, if 19kac is canned. I wonder how Sean Overbeeke's career will be effected. He might be getting flamed right now and being questioned if he knew about Josh.

If the show gets canned, the Duggars might to be able to get a show on another network. Up TV, which has the Bates show, won't get involved with the Duggars. UP TV pulled 7th Heaven reruns after the Stephen Collins scandal came out. Also other networks would view the Duggars as a liability, even if Josh is no longer seeking to be on TV.

The Duggars have made some money off of speaking gigs and book sales. I don't see Boob or Mullet ever getting another book deal again. Maybe, they would self-publish. I don't self publishing working for them after this scandal. As for speaking gigs, the Duggars will hurt on that front to a certain extent. Some megachurches and Christian organizations are probably disgusted with them. The only churches or organizations that might hire the Duggars for speaking gigs in the future, might be ones that are associated with Mike Huckabee.

The Duggars might have continued support from hardcore fundies, but many mainstream Christians and non-Christians who liked them will ditch them. I knew a non-religious Jewish woman who was a major Duggar fan. This woman worked for a friend of mine. I haven't seen this woman in a two years because she moved to another state. My friend and I used to get annoyed with that woman's constant defending of the Duggars. She truly believed that everything was peachy in that family. She even liked Josh.

I have a high school classmate who became a hardcore Catholic after she got married. She and her husband have 8 kids and they are 31. They are Duggar fans. Neither one has said anything about the Duggars on FB, since the story broke.

I think certain factions of the Duggar fanbase will do their homework and research the family's beliefs and those reasons combined with what Josh did, will make them no longer support the Duggars or any other possible ways for the Duggars to earn money.

I don't know... Before I stopped reading my FB feed this morning, there were a disheartening number of posts and comments in support of the Duggars. And one of the teens told me of a website that has started a petition to bring back the Duggars' show.

She was disgusted, as am I.

snip

For what it's worth, UP has put 7th Heaven back on the air again.

For what it's worth, UP has put 7th Heaven back on the air again.

I didn't know about that. That is crazy since they pulled it months ago. I hope UP doesn't give the Duggars, show without Josh. In my opinion, Jim Bob and Michelle don't deserve to be back on TV.

This news clip contains the
put out.

Bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMMgjQ43cL4?

Don't forget this gem

J'chelle: We are so grateful for the 19 we have here. We have one in heaven with the lord, little Jubilee

JB: Plus the other one

J'chelle (nodding): Plus the other one.

right around the two minute mark

http://video.foxnews.com/v/145283771600 ... show-clips

Dear lord, am I reading this right or is Zsu stating that 14yr old Josh should have been swiftly executed?

Not all who are abused become abusers themselves, and it is never an excuse. I do believe that without the perpetrators being punished properly (which would be swift execution), it is virtually impossible for victims to overcome abuse, unless they have the Holy Spirit of God to help them through it.

Her entire response is definately one for the ages!

Dear lord, am I reading this right or is Zsu stating that 14yr old Josh should have been swiftly executed?

She's not convinced he is a 'reprobate'.

- Yet with all that being said, and I know I will draw immense hate for this from the trolls on this site, I am not convinced beyond any doubt that Josh Duggar himself had reached that point of being a reprobate pedophile when he did what he did.

It's not surprising that she would put that in her response. Both Zsu and PP have stated that child molesters should be stoned to death or be dealt with corporal punishment.

I agreed with Zsu in some parts, especially the bolded part.

It was reckless and irresponsible of the Duggars to allow themselves to rise to stardom, knowing about such "skeletons" in the closet. Even if we set aside "Be sure your sin will find you out," it was insane to think they could become celebrities, and this not come to light with as many people as were involved in it. Did they consider the repercussions on their son's life, who would even under the best of circumstances have been reeling to recover from this (if that is even possible)? Did they think the world, who was looking for any way to attack them, was going to look the other way on this? Great shame has been brought upon the cause of Christ through their desire to be rich, popular, or both.

At least Zsu holds Boob and Mullet for putting themselves on TV. Dumb asses Lori and Ken are blaming the media for revelations about Josh.

I didn't read her as saying that at all punkiepie :/

The swift execution bit is ... mind boggling ... but she said this

One report stated the incident took place the month he turned 14 years old. I consider anyone that is pre-puberty to be a child. Our oldest, who will be 14 in September, is just now in the very beginning stages of puberty from all I can ascertain (thank you, growth hormone-free meat and dairy). Even for a child of course such behavior is vile, perverted, and sinful, and they should and often do know better. But they are not always acting on their own lusts and desires, but in foolishness they are acting out what they themselves have been exposed to. The unpardonable sin of sexual deviance is the fact that they burn with lust after the same gender, after animals, after (in this case) children. Is that what Josh Duggar felt at age 14, or was he, who I am sure was a victim of abuse himself since his family runs in circles replete with reprobates, just acting out the abuse carried out on him earlier, or even at that time? I have no way of knowing the answer to this question for sure. Neither do I need to know, since it is between him and God. He doesn't go to my church or ever have access to my kids, so I need not waste my time trying to make this important distinction.'

I didn't think her response sucked. Of course it was all about HER being a better Christian, but she said the Duggars are fame whores mixed up in a cult, and that she feels terrible for the victims and that JB and M let their abused daughters rise to fame on stage with their abuser.

Again, I hate Zsu. She's hateful and awful, but she's also not stupid. Response did not suck.

matthewpaulturner.com/2015/05/23/what-josh-duggar-did-12-years-ago-still-matters-heres-why/

It seems that Jim Bob and Michelle’s quiver was/is way too full. Because at the end of the day, mom and dad Duggar helped cultivate an environment that led to the abuse happening. In other words, were they present? Or were they too busy with other kids or making other kids to notice the breakdown?

Because it didn’t just happen once. Or even twice. Or three times. It happened over and over and over again. And it went on for a year or two.

It still matters because for the last seven years the Duggars have turned their have-lots-of-kids lifestyle into a brand, a cause, a platform, an agenda. They’ve used their fame to make a lot of money and used their kids and their ability to have more kids keep that money coming in. But what were they willing to risk in order to project their messages on TLC? What did they sacrifice in hopes of holding on to their fame?

Because that matters.

Archived