IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 6

happy atheist

The whole mother's home was really upsetting to me. A teddy bear in a small house where they are already sharing rooms is so impractical.

For real, they couldn't have stopped at once upon a child even and gotten something from there? Maybe the home isn't able to accept used items, but diapers ANYTHING. At least it wasn't just a Bible, I guess.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on, hang on, somehow I missed this in reading Buzzards recap ... A home for pregnant woman. :pink-shock: Surely these were all closed down by the 60s. I know we have some shelters for woman and children escaping domestic violence but I've only ever heard about homes for pregnant woman in stories about the past from my mother or in the baby-farm-surrogate-mother thing currently happening in Asia. Who are the woman in this home? Is it woman escaping abuse, pregnant and with no where else to go? Drug addicts who someone has enough compassion for to get off the street and help? Teenagers thrown out of home? I just can't get my head around who needs this in 2015. (I'm hoping none of the residents were shown. No one deserves to be used by the Duggar marketing machine. I'm just wondering if any one out there can give me an idea of who the residents would be.)

Yes, home for pregnant women (teens ??) who need help and want to keep the baby not abort the baby. Hence the Joshie's 'support' and visit.

Hang on, hang on, somehow I missed this in reading Buzzards recap ... A home for pregnant woman. :pink-shock: Surely these were all closed down by the 60s. I know we have some shelters for woman and children escaping domestic violence but I've only ever heard about homes for pregnant woman in stories about the past from my mother or in the baby-farm-surrogate-mother thing currently happening in Asia. Who are the woman in this home? Is it woman escaping abuse, pregnant and with no where else to go? Drug addicts who someone has enough compassion for to get off the street and help? Teenagers thrown out of home? I just can't get my head around who needs this in 2015. (I'm hoping none of the residents were shown. No one deserves to be used by the Duggar marketing machine. I'm just wondering if any one out there can give me an idea of who the residents would be.)

There were two women shown both on the show and on Joshie's instagram. They were homeless women who sought help from an "agency" when they were pregnant on the streets. Of course, they did the "right thing" so they were blessed with a place to live. There was no hint of older children in the house, so I have no idea how long they allow the women to stay. The site says "the first months of their lives" so I assume they kick them out at 6 months or less.

angelswayhome.com/program.html

Angels Way Maternity Home is a refuge for homeless pregnant women who have been abandoned by their support system at this most vulnerable and critical time in their lives. We meet these often frightened and lost women at the point of their immediate need, and then walk alongside them on their journey providing for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

WTF does this mean? They have to be homeless AND "abandoned?" Who the hell cares? If its all about preventing women from having an abortion, shouldnt it be anyone who is homeless and pregnant regardless of the status of their headship?

Mission Statement

To provide a loving and nurturing Christian home where pregnant women receive education, counseling and training. To empower each woman to make wise life choices for herself and her baby.

Vision Statement

Angels Way’s vision is a world restored to God’s original plan; a world

where every person recognizes their value, dignity and place in the family.

Where every child has a chance to be born and placed in the arms of a loving mother and father.

Operational Statement

Angels Way is a maternity home dedicated to creating an environment permeated by Christian values.

We serve single, pregnant women, 18 years of age and older, regardless of creed, race, or national origin, who have chosen to give their babies the ultimate gift . . . life.

We provide a program of services to meet the individual needs of the woman experiencing a crisis pregnancy which includes her spiritual, psychological, educational and physical welfare.

Weekly counseling sessions help the young woman to explore her feelings and realistically evaluate her choice to raise her child or place her baby in an adoptive home.

Our objective is to assist her in developing a sense of self-worth and help her to become a responsible, productive, self-sufficient individual, prepared for independent living.

The Home is dedicated to God, with the Board of Directors, Staff, and Volunteers giving freely of their love, time and talent in His Name.

So, yeah... they're christian but only the RIGHT type of christian. If you cant drink our kool aid and atone for your sinful, demonic path of premarital sex we'll convince you to give your baby to someone that will properly raise the child in the RIGHT Christianity.

Josh also requests that people go to HIS website to donate to the house, but I cant find anything on his page that either links to the house or offers a donation button. Thanks, Smugs! Way to prove that you really dont give a shit!

post-315-14452000250433_thumb.jpg

I don't like that line about "who has chosen to give their babies the ultimate gift ... life." That just immediately sounds like we are going to take them in to make sure they do not abort. After baby is born, who cares. They may be wonderful people doing a great job but I just get nervous when I see lines like that.

I don't think there are any places like this in Australia but that's probably because of our substantial welfare system. One of the charity groups might help you get off the streets and into a home but from then on, you've got Housing Commission providing cheap accommodation and Centrelink paying you Sole Parents Pension, Rental Assistance, Electricity Subsidy and, if you want to return to work or study, then you can claim Childcare Benefit as well. Of course, the Duggars and others are so proud of not accepting the evil WELFARE :evil: but I like having a system that helps the most vulnerable in society.

I suspect, although I have no evidence, that knowing they will have financial support and somewhere to live after bub is born, does more to persuade mothers-to-be to keep their babies than anything else. I don't think Joshie and Anna could understand that argument though. They have the wisdom to follow the logic.

I would love some Duggar to stand up and announce that in lieu of a jinder reveal party, they are making a donation to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.

Hint hint Jessa.

I would love some Duggar to stand up and announce that in lieu of a jinder reveal party, they are making a donation to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.

Hint hint Jessa.

As the Duggars volunteer at the soup kitchen, watch to see if the jam served with the bread is Blueberry or Strawberry.

This home for pregnant women really hits me on a personal level. So their lack of any real charity really grates me, probably more than it should. Never mind the fact that this house won't take in teenagers who are kicked out of their homes bc they want to continue their pregnancy and then find themselves having no choice but to give up their children for adoption bc they can't see how they would hold down a job and go to school and raise a child all on their own with absolutely zero help from anyone. Just walking into that home does absolutely nothing to help those women or their children. Absolutely nothing. They need resources. They need someone to say "hey, you can stay here and get on your feet. We'll provide the childcare while you go out and work and/or go to school so you can create a better life for you and your child." They need someone to give them real skills - assuming they don't already have some - so they can qualify for a good job. And then they need someone to help them get a fucking job. Their babies need diapers and clothes. The women themselves probably need clothes as well. And they all need food and bed sheets. Hell they could probably use some bulk toilet paper and soap. Just gracing them with your presence and saying "jesus loves you for not having an abortion" isn't going to do shit for them. After everything that happened with Suze, you would think Anna would fucking know better than that. I dare her to try living life as a single mother who now has no choice but to leave her children every day and work bc the little bit of child support she gets - if she even gets any - doesn't go very far, and the kids needs new shoes bc their feet hurt from the old ones that are now too small. I dare her to go to bed hungry one night bc there was just enough food for the kids and they shouldn't have to suffer for the mistakes that were made that she feels guilty about, even if they weren't her fault. Then let someone come into her life and say "jesus loves you for not having an abortion. I know you probably could use some money to buy shoes or clothes or food but here's a giant teddy bear that's as big as you are. Isn't that an awesome donation? You should really be grateful for this really good gift I just gave you." and let her see how that fucking feels. If they like these kinds of organizations so much, then how about they take in one of the pregnant teenagers in DC who wants to keep her child but doesn't know how to do it bc her mom is dead and her dad kicked her out bc a baby would ruin her life? How about they offer to take her in so she can continue to go to school so she can graduate and then go to college with her baby on her back? How about Anna offers to watch the baby during the day so she can go to work and save enough to move out on her own? Bc that would be real christian charity. That would be something a real christian would do. Oh that's right. They aren't real christians and wouldn't know what one was if it smacked them in the face with a crucifix.

:rant over:

This home for pregnant women really hits me on a personal level. So their lack of any real charity really grates me, probably more than it should. Never mind the fact that this house won't take in teenagers who are kicked out of their homes bc they want to continue their pregnancy and then find themselves having no choice but to give up their children for adoption bc they can't see how they would hold down a job and go to school and raise a child all on their own with absolutely zero help from anyone. Just walking into that home does absolutely nothing to help those women or their children. Absolutely nothing. They need resources. They need someone to say "hey, you can stay here and get on your feet. We'll provide the childcare while you go out and work and/or go to school so you can create a better life for you and your child." They need someone to give them real skills - assuming they don't already have some - so they can qualify for a good job. And then they need someone to help them get a fucking job. Their babies need diapers and clothes. The women themselves probably need clothes as well. And they all need food and bed sheets. Hell they could probably use some bulk toilet paper and soap. Just gracing them with your presence and saying "jesus loves you for not having an abortion" isn't going to do shit for them. After everything that happened with Suze, you would think Anna would fucking know better than that. I dare her to try living life as a single mother who now has no choice but to leave her children every day and work bc the little bit of child support she gets - if she even gets any - doesn't go very far, and the kids needs new shoes bc their feet hurt from the old ones that are now too small. I dare her to go to bed hungry one night bc there was just enough food for the kids and they shouldn't have to suffer for the mistakes that were made that she feels guilty about, even if they weren't her fault. Then let someone come into her life and say "jesus loves you for not having an abortion. I know you probably could use some money to buy shoes or clothes or food but here's a giant teddy bear that's as big as you are. Isn't that an awesome donation? You should really be grateful for this really good gift I just gave you." and let her see how that fucking feels. If they like these kinds of organizations so much, then how about they take in one of the pregnant teenagers in DC who wants to keep her child but doesn't know how to do it bc her mom is dead and her dad kicked her out bc a baby would ruin her life? How about they offer to take her in so she can continue to go to school so she can graduate and then go to college with her baby on her back? How about Anna offers to watch the baby during the day so she can go to work and save enough to move out on her own? Bc that would be real christian charity. That would be something a real christian would do. Oh that's right. They aren't real christians and wouldn't know what one was if it smacked them in the face with a crucifix.

This whole post is good, but the bolded is the best. Josh and Anna can't make that connection to Suze for some reason, and it says a lot about their cluelessness.

We serve single, pregnant women, 18 years of age and older, regardless of creed, race, or national origin, who have chosen to give their babies the ultimate gift . . . life.
So if you are 17, pregnant, and living on the streets you can just fuck off. And why do I not believe them about "regardless of creed"? They sound so rigid that if any woman did not want to give up her baby to them or believed in something different from them I would imagine she would have a hard time.

This is why I would prefer the state to run all charitable/ welfare programs. Religious institutions always come with strings.

But, you see, its not about the women. The women are sinners. They are less than the Holy Duggars [tm][/tm]. They are merely vessels through which new, pure souls can pass. Helping the women would allow them to keep these innocent souls, these gifts from god that can be passed on to more deserving families, why would they do that and condemn these babies to a damnation for all eternity for not being the right christian?

They take them in long enough to bake a baby, counsel and convince them that its their choices and mistakes that led them there, and that they cannot realistically keep this tiny creature in their lives and improve their lives at the same time.

Pass the child along for adoption, in jesus' name, of course.

Hang on, hang on, somehow I missed this in reading Buzzards recap ... A home for pregnant woman. :pink-shock: Surely these were all closed down by the 60s.

There's a home for pregnant women less than fifteen miles from our house. It's run by a local fundie lite mega-church and has been in business for over ten years now.

occ.org/specialdelivery/

A little story about Special Delivery: Many years ago, a young couple was on their way to a clinic appointment for an abortion when they got pulled over by a police officer for speeding. When he discovered their destination, he put the young woman in his police car (!) and drove her to Special Delivery without her consent. Needless to say, he lost his job, and I believe his partner lost his job as well.

Yes, they still exist. Hopefully, Smuggar won't be stopping by with a stuffed teddy bear "for the mothers".

I found their trip to the house in bad taste all together. Josh donating a teddy bear reminded of something JB would do. A real donation could have been done anonymously. Isn't that the real Christian way, being charitable without bragging? They had no reason what so ever to 'visit' the house, except to feel superior to those they've deemed sinners.

ETA: Also if bonding and alone time between the two of them was so utterly important what on earth drove them to the conclusion that they needed to visit the house? to look good & charitable on tv? That Backfired and I didn't see them "ministering" anyone. This was all for ego and look at how christian we are. Who bought this? :lol:

I now understand what all the beach bleaching was about (kidding)

Ya really think they left the bear???? They probably took it BACK after the camera left!!! A/K/A the box of food....

:cray-cray:

Where every child has a chance to be born and placed in the arms of a loving mother and father.

Weekly counseling sessions help the young woman to explore her feelings and realistically evaluate her choice to raise her child or place her baby in an adoptive home.

These two statements make me think they manipulate the women into giving up their babies to the right type of Christian couples.

It's all a little Handmaid's Tale, isn't it?

ok, just watched the latest episode. OMG, the kids could not even fake being excited about the flamingo idea. The howlers were clearly thinking it was the dumbest idea they had ever seen.

And Josh and Anna barely cared about any of it. Sierra is awful. I can't watch episodes she is in. And did you catch that Anna said Sierra Called her to offer to do the gender reveal party? Clearly Sierra is angling to promote... Sierra. She wants to be a regular or she wants her own show, and why not, the bar is set pretty low.

Still I can't take it. She is just unwatchable.

ok, just watched the latest episode. OMG, the kids could not even fake being excited about the flamingo idea. The howlers were clearly thinking it was the dumbest idea they had ever seen.

And Josh and Anna barely cared about any of it. Sierra is awful. I can't watch episodes she is in. And did you catch that Anna said Sierra Called her to offer to do the gender reveal party? Clearly Sierra is angling to promote... Sierra. She wants to be a regular or she wants her own show, and why not, the bar is set pretty low.

Still I can't take it. She is just unwatchable.

yep. sierra called to offer to plan a party. anna kept saying she wanted something lowkey and simple... even as they were pulling up the driveway.

I doubt Anna and Josh had any say on the gender reveal party. The whole thing screamed scripted to me.

Was the gender reveal timeline pinpointed? Was it in February?

When was the cupcake reveal?

Which came first?

Was the TLC reveal just for a filler show?

Hard to believe these folks get paid to show/tell what has been known for a good, long time.

It's all so fake.

And it's no win because if they did not reveal, people would be pissed too.

At least the Izzy VSE was this season. Jill's wedding was the worst. She had already announced that Izzy was a boy and the wedding had not even aired...Jill's wedding was aired the week Jessa got married, what a CF.

TLC needs to do a better job with the timeline.

yep. sierra called to offer to plan a party. anna kept saying she wanted something lowkey and simple... even as they were pulling up the driveway.

I haven't seen it but was she filmed making the call? I know they can stage that stuff after the fact but it's starting to look like...

post-10046-1445200025362_thumb.jpg

That could just be something all the helpers wear but it's kind of odd.

These two statements make me think they manipulate the women into giving up their babies to the right type of Christian couples.

This house is bullshit. Babies are in high demand, so of course they would encourage adoption. These women need real counseling. They need real resources. I'm so glad there are government programs to help women instead of pro abortion people.

That's exactly what they did in the 60s. If anyone hasn't already seen "The Magdelene Sisters", I highly recommend it. Of course I'm sure the Duggars would watch it - particular Binjermin Duggar - and say it was so bad bc the evil catholics were running it :roll:

And I know we discussed this earlier in some other thread, but this is the only way Benessa would be able to adopt before that two year mark. So yes, if they end up adopting any time soon, this is exactly how they'll do it. Of course that's assuming they actually adopt. With a baby on the way, I doubt they will. They don't have enough older kids yet.

I haven't seen it but was she filmed making the call? I know they can stage that stuff after the fact but it's starting to look like...

[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

That could just be something all the helpers wear but it's kind of odd.

Is that Sierra's husband? Does he look like the turquoise sweater guy?

ETA: I can get a better look at him on Tuesday when TLC airs "Recount: Anna's Having A....." (it' "new" :? )

I'm beginning to get the idea that TLC gets a lot of complaints about how the "Christian" Duggars don't seem to be very charitable. First that weirdly staged food bank give-away now the strange incident with the giant bear. I'm asking myself if the average home viewer would think it was perfectly acceptable-- even commendable-- to give away a stuffed animal you had won at fair to a maternity home. My guess is that most viewers, unless they were asked specifically about it, watched the scene without questioning the act. I think most TV viewers are passive watchers giving little critical thought to what passes in front of their eyes.

I still can't figure out why the producer thought the giant bear would be a good gesture. Why not a giant bear and a check, we didn't have to see the amount. Josh could have handed over a check for $10.00 and we would have endlessly speculated over the amount but never known for sure. What we do know for sure now is that he didn't give them anything besides a giant bear, unless Josh really does take the scriptures to heart and wanted to keep his donation a secret. But then we are back to the stupid, f-ing bear which wasn't secret at all.

Archived