IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 6

happy atheist

This scene pissed me off so much. It's a perfect example of the damaging way they raise their children. For that asshole JB to stand there and say "I told him to change his clothes" and then look at Michael and say "Your Mom isn't going to be very happy." I seriously wanted to punch him. As an adult, it was JB's job to see that Michael was in proper attire and to not be an idiot and KNOW (like any moron would) that a 3 year old cannot paint without getting their clothes messy. And then to drop that line about Anna being unhappy so now poor Michael can feel guilt and shame and worry about upsetting his Mom. What a bunch of crap people.

I don't know why but that scene struck a nerve like no other with me. I really, really hate the way they damage children.

My guess would be because Jim Bob complained about Michael breaking a rule, AKA messing up his clothes with paint, but did nothing to prevent it from happening and then failed to do the smart thing and simply let it go when Michael got paint all over himself.

We often tend to think of Jim Bob Duggar as the more involved parent, especially when compared to Michelle. That's somewhat true on an emotional level, but we've seen countless scenes on the show where he simply hands off one of the younger children to a J'Slave whenever a diaper change is needed, or when the littles have some other issue going on that needs attention.

If JB was really worried about paint stains, then HE should have held himself accountable and been the one to put different clothes on Michael so the boy wouldn't ruin his good clothes, instead of whining because the girls and women in the household were likely busy with other things.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Gave a giant bear to charity" could be a new user title...

The bear really pisses me off because it was set up as a plot line. They never show josh throwing the ring that wins, just it already around the bottle, spinning. Its pretty clear that they "bought" the bear with the purpose of giving it to the poor sinners at the home. I wonder if they gave the operator more than $20 for that scene.

The duggars are so disgusting. They could have just as easily shown them stopping off at a walmart and buying some diapers.

This leads me to ask: Why didn't they (meaning the show's producers) do a better job at presenting Josh/Anna as actually doing something of real benefit? I am presuming that the people who produce this show and write up the plot lines are of average intelligence, and thus would also realize that showing Josh and Anna "donating" a huge teddy bear that Josh supposedly won at an amusement park, would cause some viewers to find fault. We know the show is scripted, and we know that TLC is in charge, not the Duggars. So why did they create this particular segment?

It seems to me that the producers could have said, "oh sure, we'll film you two going to this home for pregnant homeless women, and why don't you donate 20 packs of infant diapers and a bunch of onesies and receiving blankets as well." Then they hand the stuff to Josh and Anna to conspicuously "donate." Or as someone else already said, show them handing over a check, without showing a close up. The check could have been for whatever amount, also courtesy of TLC.

But they didn't do that. Instead, they had Josh donate that worthless bear, and save him the trouble of throwing it away at their hotel, or paying to schlep it back to Arkansas. He wasn't doing the home any service -- the gesture was completely self-serving!

I don't know the answer to my own question. But it does seem like an odd choice by whoever makes up the story lines for this show.

Poor kid. An adult should have taken him back to the house and put him in appropriate clothing for painting.

Appropriate clothes? When my kids were that size I use to strip them off and let them paint in their underwear or nothing at all. Lol. Imagine suggesting that to Duggars.

Appropriate clothes? When my kids were that size I use to strip them off and let them paint in their underwear or nothing at all. Lol. Imagine suggesting that to Duggars.

MAHHHHDESTEEE!!!!!!!!!! Even a 3 year old has to keep himself covered!

As for TLC and the plot, I think its a little bus chucking. They get their Duggar digs in when they can and this was a great dig.

Exactly. And he would've had to walk back to the house first; it looked like they were in the pole barn to do the painting. I don't know how far apart those buildings are, but I'll bet they're far enough apart that a three year old told walking between them would be easily distracted by rocks, bugs, etc that he shouldn't be expected to get there on his own in a timely fashion.

I feel like after watching the behind the scenes episode that one of the producers would have stopped him and brought him to get changed or help him from not get paint all over himself (somehow).

This leads me to ask: Why didn't they (meaning the show's producers) do a better job at presenting Josh/Anna as actually doing something of real benefit? I am presuming that the people who produce this show and write up the plot lines are of average intelligence, and thus would also realize that showing Josh and Anna "donating" a huge teddy bear that Josh supposedly won at an amusement park, would cause some viewers to find fault. We know the show is scripted, and we know that TLC is in charge, not the Duggars. So why did they create this particular segment?

It seems to me that the producers could have said, "oh sure, we'll film you two going to this home for pregnant homeless women, and why don't you donate 20 packs of infant diapers and a bunch of onesies and receiving blankets as well." Then they hand the stuff to Josh and Anna to conspicuously "donate." Or as someone else already said, show them handing over a check, without showing a close up. The check could have been for whatever amount, also courtesy of TLC.

But they didn't do that. Instead, they had Josh donate that worthless bear, and save him the trouble of throwing it away at their hotel, or paying to schlep it back to Arkansas. He wasn't doing the home any service -- the gesture was completely self-serving!

I don't know the answer to my own question. But it does seem like an odd choice by whoever makes up the story lines for this show.

They did it for people like us to scrutinize and say "how stupid of Josh and Anna- that stuffed bear has no real value for these people." and for leg humpers to say "awwwww how cute!"

I have a 3-yr. old grandson. I'm just picturing telling him to go change to more appropriate clothes. lol. First, I doubt he'd know what the hell I was talking about and secondly, would pitch a fit for stopping him from painting.

That is what I did with my daughter last summer when it was warm enough. I live in Michigan, so it is not an option for most of the year.

Guess what tonight is???

THE FINALE! PRAISE THE FSM!

Everyone chill your wine for a 2 hour baby voice fest, all about how kissing pre marriage is naughty!

Yes! I actually yelled at the TV during that scene. "You have ten sons, are you telling me nobody could find some old clothes for that kid to wear?" The M kids actually annoy the crap out of me but I still wanted to reach through the TV and protect that poor kid. Telling him his mom's not going to be very happy, but not actually handing him a rag to wipe his hands on or helping him in any way is just flat-out mean. I wouldn't leave a grapefruit with those people, much less a child.

I think JB is used to announcing things ("Michael should have painting shirt") and having them magically looked after. Since this job of painting the stupid flamingoes was an all-boy work crew - nobuddy :dance: was there to follow through. Michael doesn't have an official buddy and there were no girls to do JB's bidding.

Guess what tonight is???

THE FINALE! PRAISE THE FSM!

Everyone chill your wine for a 2 hour baby voice fest, all about how kissing pre marriage is naughty!

Super excited! (sarcasm) I even wore the female version of the Duggar uniform today. Maxi skirt, a 3/4 length sleeved shirt and freaking ballet flats, because I have class. I feel like I could make a good sized quilt out of the amount of fabric I'm wearing. Seriously, it is yards.

Maybe no one CARED if he ruined his shirt? They've got an eleventy-foot high pile of crap clothes! Maybe they just don't care. I wouldn't care when its something the kid is just going to outgrow! Geesh.......

Now on to something else. Another CLIP show. Good grief--if that's the best they can come up with PULL THE DAMNED PLUG already. We've posted lots of lists of potential episodes but they just keep doing clip shows. Here are some new suggestions:

1. Jim-bob sells the mansion and Jill and Derrick must move to the TTH. Since Grandma has the guest suite they have to bunk with the siblings according to GINder. Izzy gets a packandplay in the girls room.

2. Bin takes a student pastor's position at an Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Church far away from the family. Jessa has to cope.

3. Josh moves home to run for state office, but Anna finds excuse after excuse to stay put in DC.

4. Jer and Jed enroll at Pensacola Christian and get expelled for being too liberal.

5. Jennifer quietly enrolls herself at public school and the semester is almost over before the Duggars realize she's been sneaking out every morning while they're all still asleep.

6. Michelle has a VSE where the doctor informs her that Menopause has hit.

7. Grandma installs a homeless person in the laundry room, then moves to Florida. It takes the Duggars over a year to realize the lady in a sensible skirt, and crocs and a cardigan is not grandma. The first clue was the scent of the name brand fabric softener......

Hahaha guys I managed to turn on my tv RIGHT at Derrick saying "I think Jill would love a man shower" hehehehehe.

DH and I will be watching CNN's tribute to David Letterman tonight, so I hope everyone will provide some humorous, yet insightful, commentary that I can peek at during commercials. And if there's a 'big announcement' please post it pronto! I will, as usual, look forward to Buzzard's wonderful recap (and I am quite sad that it will be our last one for a while.).

Oh man, a whole episode about courting. I don't know if I can make it through this one. Although, there appear to be a few people outside the compound so far that have gotten some supersnarky comments in.

"duggars guide to love" part 1

YAY! Its the FOURTH clip show of the season! This one is complete with propaganda! The New Yorkers commenting on duggarisms may be amusing, though.

At the TTH, there is a cow... and rolling fields of hay... oh wait, thats just arkansas.

Josh says they'll answer questions because shit's confusing.

Courting:

Viewer, its outdated - something you do with full length dresses.

Viewer - Its associated with a certain religion, dating is preference

James - its like, when you like someone, and you get to know them

Jason - Dating with a purpose

Shots of Jess/Bin, Derjill

Viewer - if youre going to court you should have the intention of marriage, its old fashioned but a sweet concept.

Anna - the purpose is to get to know an individual and their family in a safe setting.

Viewer - courting incorporates the family. Its kinda cool

Boob - you get to know eachother in a group setting. Its not like, hugging and kissing... YOu're more communicating and talking about your life and the other persons life.

Viewer - we dated...

Jana - I'm thinking about this person as a future spouse

Johannah, first youre friends, then you court, then you get engaged, then you get married

Jennifer - then once you get married youre best friends forever

viewer - makes an assumption that marriage is the next step, sometimes its not the best thing.

JInger - you havent entered into the physical side. Not all courtships end in marriage and thats ok.

Viewer - I dont know the difference

Boob - the difference is that with dating its unsupervised which leads to physical contact which can lead to problems. COurting is the way things used to be.

Viewer - I encouraged it with my kids.

Josh - its an emphasis, were not just hanging out, we have a goal.

Viewer - I've never asked a girls father to date

Binjermin - I think its important to go to the girls parents and have their blessing before you go to the girl. Its the concept of honoring your father and mother.

flahsback to bin asking permission to court Jessa with the cup

Jinger - I guess if a guy approached me and asked if he could court without talking to dad I'd send him to my dad, he's not that scary.

Viewer WITH THE CRAZIEST OUTFIT/LIPSTICK/SUNGLASSES- if someone asked my parents for permission to date me I'd comply because its sweet and respectful but I'd be turned off because you're establishing a relationship with my parents I may not want you to have.

Viewer - asking for permission is respectful.

Boob - its important for a guy to approach the father to see if they would allow it.

Viewer - the respectful think to do is to ask permssion.

Jessa joins them in teh closet... bin muttles through his courtship request. Michelle and jessa sidehug, boob grants her permission to sidehug him.

Derrick - I asked boob for permission before I asked JIll. It was important because he was her protector. I wanted to follow his lead to ask if I could pursue the courtship.

Jinger - 2 people who think they will be compatible, and "going at it" with marriage in mind...

flashback to DerJill courship request

Viewer - I dated a guy who asked permission. I thought it was sweet and to have his permission was huge.

Chick with the crazy sunglasses was my favorite! "There probably wouldn't be a second date".

DH is going to blow a gasket. "That wasn't a side hug" he says.

Ugh. Only 15 minutes in, and I'm already annoyed. All the people that they interviewed that said "The guy should totally ask the girl's parents for permission to date her, instead of, you know, asking her directly!" is, just, ugh. I have no words.

If my boyfriend had asked my parents for permission to date me, I would have been like :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no: #haveseveralseats #byefelicia!

Oh my FSM!! That older couple where the guy that says basically to tell the family to stay out of their business. " . . . but if you wanna give me 25, 30K for the wedding . . ." I'm sure Buzzard will summarize it better.

And special shoutout to the ginger girl with the Doctor Who t-shirt.

Be like us - part 2

Boob - dont be afraid to get involved in your kids relationships.

Jessa - for half our courtship we group texted with my parents. It was good for my parents to get to know him too.

Boob - In this electronic world it could be dangerous.

Jessa - 4 months after we met we really started talking. In the first few months of our courtship I knew he was the man I wanted to marry.

flashback to michelle sitting in between Benessa in the car.

Josh - when anna and I were courting smartphones werent the standard of the day. I'd call and she had a cordless phone. Now theres this whole digital presence. JIll and derrick were thousands of miles away and can still talk.

Shot of Jill talking to Derrick on skype

JIll - in that first call I noticed his compassion caring spirit. That was what drew me to him.

Viewer - when we were growing up you would meet somewhere, now they video chat. Its differnt

Michelle - the instant communication with technology is amazing.

Boob - the information superhighway really sped things up

Viewer - my parents were not involved in our dating.

Bin - we went on several dates...

jessa - there are no one on one dates like there are in dating

flashback to the mini golf humpfest

Boob - it was great to set up parameters and have them set their own standard. It wasnt about our rules, it was them setting up rules and us holding them accountable.

Viewer - this is the 21st century. You're in a relationship with the individual, not their family. Let your family and their family know to stay out of your business... unless you want to give me 25k

Flashback of the triple date for all of the "to get to know eachother." at the TTH. Bin and Derrick meet for the first time.

Funny note, the next commercial is a milk commercial discussing their "purity promise..."

Oh boy! We'd have problems if someone asked my dad for permission. For one, I don't even know where he lives, and two, I'm a grown ass woman who can make my own decisions and I don't need anybody else to run my life for me.

Also, if I'm rolling my eyes hard just from reading the recap, I can't imagine the amount of eye rolling going on with those of you watching! Cheers!

Is it just me, or did Derickdillard look much better before he married JillyDully? I mean when he dressed himself and did his own hair?

Sunglasses girl again -- yeah it's okay . . . IF THEY'RE TWELVE! :cracking-up:

Archived