IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 6

happy atheist

our way or the highway! part 3

*note - this is by far the worst episode so far. I cant even figure out why this isnt a blog entry*

Chaperone:

Viewer - is there an age group? Once they're closer to 20, no

Michelle - This helps the person stick to their standards and follow through with what they said they wanted to do in their relationship.

Flashback to Jana "chaperoning" Benessa and the littles in public

Jana - its neat to be a chaperone and be there. Its special because they're letting you in on their "alone time" and to see how their relationship is evolving.

Shot of DerJill going on a date with James.

Derrick - its important for someone to hold you to standards and keep you accountable

Bin - they say two is company and three is a crowd but we didnt feel that way, unless we were in my truck.

Jordyn - a chaperone is a person who watches an engagement or courting person but they dont watch a married person.

Justin - a chaperone is there to watch people that are in love so they dont kiss.

Josh - we had to explain our rules because everyones rules are all over the map. They're not there to tattle, they're there to hold you accountable, like a referee.

viewer - I'd include the chaperone in the conversation so it may be against the purpose.

Mac - A chaperone is somebodyum... that... um... comes with the people who are going to get married to make sure that they dont break the laws or they have to go to jail, I think... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Jinger - its a lot of fun chaperoning for different siblings. I did a lotof it for ben and jess. Sitting in his truck , riding in between them, it was super sweet...

Anna - its not about rules, its about a pure heart before god. What rules do we habe to make to save ourselves for marriage.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me, or did Derickdillard look much better before he married JillyDully? I mean when he dressed himself and did his own hair?

Sunglasses girl again -- yeah it's okay . . . IF THEY'RE TWELVE! :cracking-up:

this ! :worship:

this is love

and who saw when Ben was in the room with JB and Michelle - the howlers were listening at the door

and the hug is coming up

Why are they insisting that courtship rules differ from couple to couple when they are clearly all exactly the same?!? Sorry, it doesn't convince me that these are the individual 'couples' standards' that they've 'set for themselves'.

Funny how chaperones are not there to tattle on you, then what IS the point?! I'll never understand it. If you set rules, you follow those rules. This family :angry-banghead:

"The guy could get stimulated by..." Jilly stopped there. I cannot believe she just said that - everything is WAY too sexual with these people.

Omg this sunglasses chick is hilarious! I don't want to be stuck marrying you if you have gross sweaty hands lol

youre doing it wrong - part 4

Sidehugs:

Viewer - never heard of them

Jill - a sidehug is giving a person a hug from the side

viewer - thats awkward

viewer - its something you do when your uncomfortable with a person

Bin - its a friendly hug, like a greeting

Littles demonstrate

Josh - when I heard about the whole sidehug thing. To me, a hug is a hug, we just hugged

Michelle - the intimacy standards they talked about, they were going to wait to have contact until they were married.

Viewer - holding hands, kissing... I think a person needs to knownot only emotional chemistry but other chemistry. I dont have a problem prior to marriage.

Boob - when derrick returned from nepal...

Michelle - when they rant to greet eachother they "met in the middle" Intentions were to do a sidehug.

Boob - it was an innocent act of love

Sunglass girl - if I couldnt have contact that would drive me crazy

Jill - guys are stimulated...

Viewer - physical contact is important

Hannie - no kissing, front hug, no doing things that arent good to do.

Bin - other couples "seal the deal" with a kiss. We were saving that for our wedding day. We did hold hands

Sunglass girl - I dont know if I'm attracted to you immediately, your sweaty palms may bother me. I dont want to get married and find out that you have weird hands!

Josh - we talked through the basics, we wanted to hold hands (hand sex!) We were saving our first kiss for our wedding day.

Derrick - we wanted to save our first kiss for our wedding day.

Viewer - saving your first kiss - I would have saved it, sure.

"The guy could get stimulated by..." Jilly stopped there. I cannot believe she just said that - everything is WAY too sexual with these people.

:angry-banghead: :cray-cray:

'cause yeah -- the womenz don't have no feelin's and they ain't git stimullated never. :sick:

Parents being involved is all well and good when the children are under 18. I get the whole responsibility factor. Same when a relationship has progressed to the point where the couple is contemplating marriage, because it is a new addition to the family.

These people make a big deal out of getting to know one another emotionally and spiritually, but they woefully know nothing about whether they are physically compatible with one another until they are trapped in a marriage.

And you know what Duggars? If every couple truly has different rules, back up that assertion with real, concrete examples. (Ex: Josh and Anna did this, but Jessa and Ben did this...)

our way or the highway! part 3

Jana - its neat to be a chaperone and be there. Its special because they're letting you in on their "alone time" and to see how their relationship is evolving.

That's not neat. It's disturbing. :shock:

When it comes to the whole courtship model, my favorite saying is 'If you are going to buy a car, don't you want to at least take it for a test drive???'...... :angry-banghead: I know I couldn't marry someone without knowing how compatible we were in the bedroom!

Edited to add : I know that courtship is weird and doesn't always work out well, bc I grew up around dozens of couples following strict courtship rules. I always knew I didn't want my Dad to pick out my husband, or not be able to touch him before marriage. It just made me feel really strange! lol

Bin - they say two is company and three is a crowd but we didnt feel that way, unless we were in my truck.

this plus this:

Jinger - its a lot of fun chaperoning for different siblings. I did a lotof it for ben and jess. Sitting in his truck , riding in between them, it was super sweet...

tells me that Bin and Jinger's butts touched

I guess Jessa stayed pure

Hurry up and end this, please part 5

Viewer - 2 years is a good amount of time to date

Jessa - DONT take to long to get to the alter once you're engaged

Viewer - we courted for 6-7 months over the phone

Viewer - you have to go through all 4 seasons before you get engaged.

Jessa - even though we started courting before Derjill they got married first, they were older and Derrick was established in his job and had more in savings. We werent too far behind.

Michelle - when engagement comes, thats the point that both have discerned that this is the one. Once that comes to that point they are getting engatged then its just planning the wedding.

Flahback to planning JIll's wedding... Sierra... and Bin... venue shopping...

Jill - relationships are shorter if your courting because you withheld physical

Viewers - we didnt save shit

Cool old guy - its unrealistic

Shot of Josh's wedding. Amazing how YOUNG they all look. It wasnt that long ago...

JOsh - I knew anna was the one when I met her. Maybe it was a dream

Shot of a woman mixing tuna fish with her hands

Anna - once you commit to someone I dont see why you would want to drag it out to plan a wedding.

Viewer - saving your kiss is unrealistic

Viewer - would be cool but unrealistic these days

Josh - the ceremony was amazing. Everyone knew we saved it for our wedding day

Viewer -no, you shouldnt save it for marriage

Duggarlings - yes

Viewer - you have to kiss to see if theres anything there

Bin - if you are saving yourself it wouldnt be wise to wait too long. YOu'd put yourself in a difficult situation. We decided to have our first kiss in private because we didnt want everyone to critique us. They should focus on the wedding and what it symbolizes.

Viewer - I didnt save my first kiss, in real life it doesnt happen that way

Derrick - we werent nervous, we'd have a lot of time to practice after that.

JOy - once you say yes, why wait for forever "get it done"

Boob - you dont want to stretch it out and defraud eachother physically.

JD - "git her done"

"Do be prepared for babies after the first few months of marriage" (paraphrasing)

Unless you're an ebil heathen who uses birth control or NFP.

Sacred Sex = sacred baybeez - part 6

Jessa - be prepared to be a parent and expect the baby is right around the corner.

Anna - if you save your first kiss and you desire a big family, it usually doesnt take long.

Viewer - I will wait a year because I want to get settled.

Flashback to Anna and her pregnancy test in month 4.

Viewer - I dont want to get kids right away, I want to travel.

Flashback to Josh telling anna she's pregnant.

Anna - it took a while for it to sink in.

Flashback to josh telling the family they're pregnant. The duggarlings are all lined up.

Derrick - its possible that not long after marriage the pitter patter of little feet...

DerJill tells the family...

I still love Joy throwing her bible

No mention of Jessa's baby...

Michelle - our children want the gigts from god

Boob - a love bundle...

WTAF??? ANOTHER recap episode?? That tears it. I am so out. I'm going to watch Orange is the New Black like the (not)Godless(not)heathen I am. And you know what? I'm going to enjoy it. Far better than this frackfest of an infomercial.

Keep on fighting the good fight Buzzard -- I look forward to reading your commentary.

I'm here. Wish I had a drink lolI lol'd at Josie struggling to ride that bike. She looks like she needs a bigger bike.

Digging with the duggars - part 1

Yay! ANOTHER CLIP SHOW!

They have Erica Hill interviewing them.

This past year was eventful, weddings, birth, pregnancies, courtships...

Erica is wearing a skirt that covers her knees. There are 10 cameras. They introduce the brood. Not izzy... THey are wearing short sleeves so I'm not sure when this is. Derrick is "recovering from dental surgery" so it must be soon after Izzy's birth.

Boob - Izzy was bron a few weeks ago. Jessa is expecting on her one year anniversary. Anna is expecting in July.

Boob has kids raise their hands for kids born on camera, he says Jubilee... she wasnt born on camera...

Topic - chaperones (didnt we just do this?)

People raise their hands if they were chaperones. We now see the same damn footage we saw a half hour ago, to include the talking heads. Its THE SAME FUCKING FOOTAGE.

Jason - that truck was cramped and awkward. it was neat and fun. Its fun to be there

Boob - make sure theres no hanky panky.

Erica - how do you train the kids?

Boob - we start off by sharing our own failures and mistakes. Its really best to save the physical for marriage.

Joy is the tougest chaperone.

Joy - I dont know. I have a stonger personality. I dont mind saying it even if it hurts their feelings

Modesty:

Michelle - early on when I became a christian I didnt understand a lot of the pull for young men and their eyes. I dressed to impress.

Boob - she mowed the yard in a bikini

Michelle - I didn tknow why people didnt like me. Here was a teeny bopper in a bikini. You cant control what they think, but you can control what you do. If you stir up desire in someone else that cant be righteously fulfilled then you are responsible for that.

Erica - where did the side hug come from

Boob - when Jessa and Bin started courting we stopped and took some pictures, we allowed a side hug.

Josh -- we didnt do side hugs, they were a lot stricter back then

Boob - it was a "dug hug."

The Jubilee thing made me want to barf. I was sure he was going to say it twice because a bunch of them were talking.

So much sex talk wtf

Archived