IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 6

happy atheist

I've lurked this site - and laughed a lot - but I decided to register to ask a serious question. It was rare for General Mills to come right out so soon to withdraw its $$$ from the show. Mostly, I think advertisers watch the show's ratings to determine it the numbers are so low as to deny them the bang for their advertising bucks. We can email sponsors, email TLC and sign petitions, but the hard question is: Will you stop watching the darn show, so that TLC will yank it off the air?? We know the far right leghumpers will still watch, but will you?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've lurked this site - and laughed a lot - but I decided to register to ask a serious question. It was rare for General Mills to come right out so soon to withdraw its $$$ from the show. Mostly, I think advertisers watch the show's ratings to determine it the numbers are so low as to deny them the bang for their advertising bucks. We can email sponsors, email TLC and sign petitions, but the hard question is: Will you stop watching the darn show, so that TLC will yank it off the air?? We know the far right leghumpers will still watch, but will you?

I was actually discussing that last night. I've been doing Duggar recaps live on this site for years. I recognize that by me writing what I do, many others arent subjected to the torture that is "19 KAC." Thats great because it lowers their numbers, even if by a few hundred. The question that I will have to wrestle with is will I continue to do that, knowing that my directv box reports back my DVR activity... I dont know. At this point, I feel like I could not watch the show and give them a +2 viewers until after the Live +14 day period that advertisers care about has passed, if at all.

We'll cross that bridge if it comes to it. Personally, I think the show is done and that General Mills jumped off the train before it crashed. They dont want to get tied up in boycotts and letter campaigns and I dont blame them.

I wonder how the Dillard's and Seewald's are doing. The "main" family can hold up in the compound for the time being. Derick still has to go to work at Walmart. Both their homes are regular houses on normal streets. The Press or "stalkers" can ring their doorbells or watch them from the curb.

I wonder how the Dillard's and Seewald's are doing. The "main" family can hold up in the compound for the time being. Derick still has to go to work at Walmart. Both their homes are regular houses on normal streets. The Press or "stalkers" can ring their doorbells or watch them from the curb.

Derrick could still be on paternity leave for another week or so. My guess is everyone is holed up at the compound.

Derrick could still be on paternity leave for another week or so. My guess is everyone is holed up at the compound.

I doubt walmart gets leave for men. life has become difficult for the duggers about time they suffer a bit. sad this is how it goes down.

Ok, I'm wading through this seasons eps trying to find the clip of Jill stumbling through as she tries to talk to Derick in the car about his degree/college education. It's the trip where they went to visit and he was Pistol Pete again. Does anyone know which ep that was or have a link to the clip? The Pistol Pete part is clipped and on youtube but I want the bit before that where she is talking to Derick in the car.

I doubt walmart gets leave for men. life has become difficult for the duggers about time they suffer a bit. sad this is how it goes down.

Since she never worked out of the home, wouldn't Derrick be eligible for twice the time (both parental and maternal leave)? I know the US government is behind other countries when it comes to time off work, but sometimes companies give workers time off.

Apparently "Wal-Mart [gives] 2 weeks (with an option for an additional six without pay)" Source: workplace.care.com/20-companies-with-great-paternity-leave

Edit: I just thought... Walmart might be willing to give Derick unpaid time off work, or do some remote work, because they are worried about press showing up at their place of employment.

Since she never worked out of the home, wouldn't Derrick be eligible for twice the time (both parental and maternal leave)? I know the US government is behind other countries when it comes to time off work, but sometimes companies give workers time off.

Apparently "Wal-Mart [gives] 2 weeks (with an option for an additional six without pay)" Source: workplace.care.com/20-companies-with-great-paternity-leave

Edit: I just thought... Walmart might be willing to give Derick unpaid time off work, or do some remote work, because they are worried about press showing up at their place of employment.

NO, Derick would not be eligible for Jill's maternity leave time. Jill is not even eligible for maternity leave as she has never held a job.

US companies are not generous to new moms and dads. Most offer no paid time off beyond what the employee has saved (some firms do not even allow workers to bank time from year to year). A standard 6 -8 weeks of disability pay is what is offered. Disability pay does not mean what you would be paid from your job. It's generally much, much lower.

Asking for a bunch of leave when one is a newish employee with little ability to have banked time, would certainly seem fiscally irresponsible for a single wage earner who has a family.

Oh man I had a thought and totally grossed myself out so I had to share it with you guys.

TLC is on, and it's that special they did about children who only grow like 1 year for every four of ours. So one of the couples has a 6 year old daughter who is like a 3 month old.

I saw that and thought "oh god that's like michelle's dream!"

uuuuggghhh

With the way they baby Josie, I can easily see Michelle thinking a child like that is a goldmine because she can have her baby 5evvaaaaa. ><

There is nothing wrong with appreciating a child like that. But we know with MIchelle it would JUST be because she's baby obsessed.

I was actually discussing that last night. I've been doing Duggar recaps live on this site for years. I recognize that by me writing what I do, many others arent subjected to the torture that is "19 KAC." Thats great because it lowers their numbers, even if by a few hundred. The question that I will have to wrestle with is will I continue to do that, knowing that my directv box reports back my DVR activity... I dont know. At this point, I feel like I could not watch the show and give them a +2 viewers until after the Live +14 day period that advertisers care about has passed, if at all.

We'll cross that bridge if it comes to it. Personally, I think the show is done and that General Mills jumped off the train before it crashed. They dont want to get tied up in boycotts and letter campaigns and I dont blame them.

Buzzard, not only do you keep the ratings down by sacrificing yourself, you also protect us from our families - without your recap, I'd have to watch at home and endure their mocking. Thank you, and if there is a need for recaps, I hope you continue.

I have to wonder about what insanity is going on currently at the tinker toy bunker. I can only imagine Jim Bob. He's probably hit and surpassed Steve Maxwell's distance off the rails. I feel bad for everyone he's probably imprisoned in that house.

I have to wonder about what insanity is going on currently at the tinker toy bunker. I can only imagine Jim Bob. He's probably hit and surpassed Steve Maxwell's distance off the rails. I feel bad for everyone he's probably imprisoned in that house.

Maybe they're fasting

Maybe they're fasting

I can see it going one of two ways: 1) very rigid and controlling- fasting, praying, wailing & gnashing of teeth, etc. or 2) complete anarchy- the adults are sitting around staring at each other in shock and are completely checked out (maybe hiding in a corner?) while the kids run wild

NO, Derick would not be eligible for Jill's maternity leave time. Jill is not even eligible for maternity leave as she has never held a job.

US companies are not generous to new moms and dads. Most offer no paid time off beyond what the employee has saved (some firms do not even allow workers to bank time from year to year). A standard 6 -8 weeks of disability pay is what is offered. Disability pay does not mean what you would be paid from your job. It's generally much, much lower.

Asking for a bunch of leave when one is a newish employee with little ability to have banked time, would certainly seem fiscally irresponsible for a single wage earner who has a family.

He could be taking unpaid Family Medical Leave Act time. I don't remember FMLA parameters, though; I've been out of the work force for a few years.

I can see it going one of two ways: 1) very rigid and controlling- fasting, praying, wailing & gnashing of teeth, etc. or 2) complete anarchy- the adults are sitting around staring at each other in shock and are completely checked out (maybe hiding in a corner?) while the kids run wild

Too much to hope the kiddults have retreated to Jill's mansion and are playing cards against humanity?

Too much to hope the kiddults have retreated to Jill's mansion and are playing cards against humanity?

I bet the Dilly's are nowhere near the TTH.

Are they able to move around outside TTC or are media keeping an eye on the houses even after a week?

I feel a little uneasy when cults isolate themselves because they feel unusually persecuted - it brings out the extra crazy.

I wonder if the Duggars will decide they want to be left in peace and decide to withdraw from reality tv?

Are they able to move around outside TTC or are media keeping an eye on the houses even after a week?

I feel a little uneasy when cults isolate themselves because they feel unusually persecuted - it brings out the extra crazy.

I wonder if the Duggars will decide they want to be left in peace and decide to withdraw from reality tv?

BWAHHH- I hope no one is moving outside TTC!

BWAHHH- I hope no one is moving outside TTC!

Well it is Horn Dog and J'Uterus we're talking about...they could be out there trying to prove they're still "working on the next ble$$ing, $o plea$e don't $top filming u$."

Stevehovah probably feels very, very smug since this all came out.

Archived