IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

Forgive me if this has been asked. Why would Josie be chewing on her crib? Is this normal? It just seems that with all 18 kids, there was no mention of any of them chewing on their beds and knowing how to handle teething babies, and suddenly Michelle and Boob mention that Josie chewed on her bed. I saw the preview for this episode and those were some deep teeth marks. When my DD was teething, I gave her plenty of frozen teething rings, teething biscuits, pain relieving drops, and teething gel and lost sleep to keep her comfortable. I read online that babies chew on cribs when they are overly anxious. Maybe Boob and Mullet ignored her during their sweet fellowship. Why wouldn't they try to stop the precious miracle from chewing her crib finish off by giving her what she needed (whether that be teething rings or love to keep her from being anxious)?

Also, I hope that Jill doesn't get pregnant soon. I had an emergency c-section, and my OB/GYN said not to get pregnant for at least a year.

Yes, chewing on things, even cribs, is normal. (Which is why I bought a crib that was just waxed wood, not stained or painted!) And I'm guessing Josie, being so small, was in that crib for a longer time than the average toddler.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doctor is going to secretly tie her tubes. In America any doctor who did that would lose his license.

So it seems Jill probably lied to the doctor and/or nurses about her labor thereby putting her baby at risk. For years we (FJ) have been saying that the Duggars lie routinely. They shade the truth, misrepresent the situation, lie by omission, etc. for the show. Which makes me wonder if being on the show has turned them into liars. And the kids have been taught to lie by their parents and the producers of the show.

This doesn't bode well for the future.

Nope. In this movement she'll be a martyr. She'll die for the cause if necessary and do so willingly. God made made her solely to "be fruitful and multiply." There will be no birth control. Her best hope is an emergency life-saving hysterectomy and she'll beat herself up over that.

I'm pretty sure there was a poster in the neverending Free Dilly thread who said she or a relative had had 9 c-sections...?

I can't think of specifics because my brain hurts thinking about it but I felt that in the THes Jill and Derick were addressing the speculation and backlash that occurred after Izzy's birth. In other words they were fudging the truth, therefore much of the actual footage would not have lined up with their account and had to be reduced. Hence the Josie 'looking for the crib' scene, etc.

My understanding is that an 'emergency' c-section is when it actually is an emergency and, as time is of the essence, they do a vertical incision in both the uterus and abdomen. These are more likely to rupture in future labours so future planned c-sections would be the norm. (At least, this was my experience.) I doubt this was the case with Jill, though.

(Not sure of relevance of any of that but throwing my 2 cents in anyway.)

ok, so I am a former OB nurse. I felt there were holes in the story. It is very odd to me, that at the beginning, Jill says that after the water breaks they would expect to have labor start in 24 to 48 hours. In truth, after the water breaks, we would expect to have a baby in about 24 hours. Obviously some can go longer than that, but in general, the water breaking, gets the ball rolling.

Next, the fact that she says she started right away with hard contractions that last about 20 hours and then they stopped is a big red flag. It is not normal for labor to be consistent and hard for 20 hours, and then to stop. That is a signal that this kid was not coming out through the vaginal vault.

Then going to the hospital, when they did. Yes, it was good they went, but I just can't believe that she had actually been in labor as long as she claims at this point, and then they just continued to let her drift along.

Then the babies position. It is very odd for a big first baby to be head down and then to change to transverse well into labor. Typically, with first babies, once they get head down, they stay there. With 2nd babies and so on, they can flip sometimes because 1), 2nd babies don't often tend to engage in the pelvis as early as first babies do and 2), the uterus is "stretchier" so it is a bit easier for the baby to maneuver around at term than it is in a first time pregnancy.

Still, I am not saying it is outside of the realm of possibility. But I do wonder if she refused to be checked at the hospital. And experienced labor nurse or OB is going to pick up on the fact that the kid is not head down. That is a pretty basic OB skill. Even without doing a vaginal exam, you can tell by doing the Leopold's maneuvers what the lie of the baby is. And often times you can tell simply by where you are getting the heart tones, because they are in a different position with a head down baby than they are with a breech, and so on. So she either did not let them examine her, or several OB professionals did not detect the position. I find this very unlikely. Like I said, it is possible that Izzy did flip, it just isn't at all common with a first time labor.

There are details that were not shared, either on purpose or just because they aren't good at editing and left out important info.

Finally, several pages back someone asked why the nurses were drying off the baby so 'roughly'. Well, in truth, there is a reason to dry vigorously. It is a form of stimulation to get the baby to cry, which is essential to open up the lungs and increase the intravascular pressure so the baby can convert from fetal to infant circulation. ALso, babies lose heat very quickly, and it is dangerous for them. OR Rooms are cool, and for a wet baby, the cool air would cause evaporation which hastens heat loss. The it is the goal to rub the baby off somewhat vigorously and quickly so as to stimulate them to cry and to avoid the cool effects of evaporation.

Remember the old days where the would spank the baby's butt? Well, no one does that anymore, but that is now why we rub off the baby like that. If that doesn't elicit a cry, then we might flick the baby's feet. If that doesn't work, then you have a baby in trouble, and may need to start more supportive measures.

Thanks for all that info, calimojo! I have two other questions - would they have given pitocin even without the baby in the correct position? And how would her testing positive for strep B have altered the normal timeline? Apologies if you've answered these before elsewhere.

Thanks for all that info, calimojo! I have two other questions - would they have given pitocin even without the baby in the correct position? And how would her testing positive for strep B have altered the normal timeline? Apologies if you've answered these before elsewhere.

Former Nicu nurse here- I cannot imagine any OB starting Pitocin without first confirming the fetal position on a person with purported PROM and mec staining. I think as long as the mom had normal vital signs (no fever) and received the needed antibiotics, the timeline would be similar to other laboring moms.

I think Jill wants Derick to be Metrosexual?

Yeah only she calls it "Metrogenderal"

why on earth was there a two hour special if they didn’t show more then 10 minuets of the birth? (or whatever, I haven’t seen it, just going by the recaps) I am very curious if they had more in there, but because she is an idiot and a lying lier that lies and would look horrible, they took some out :shrug: . The other option is that TLC actually thinks we want to watch all that other shit along with the recaps of stuff shown the firkin day before.

I can’t decide if I am going to watch the episode once it is available on youtube because the thread about her labor was extremely triggering to my anxiety/PTSD and I had to quit reading.

The risks of placenta accreta increase considerably with repeat sections, and placenta accreta very often requires a hysterectomy. She may also have a hard time finding any OB willing to take her on as a patient.

I'm expecting to hear that in the course of delivering baby #6 or #7 she comes out without her uterus. Or a doctor will "compassionately" tie her tubes without her knowledge.

Another issue with repeat sections is uterine rupture.

ClaraOswin- the general rule seems to be three c-sections but it depends on the woman (or at least on the uterus) as some heal better than others. I've read of women having issues after only one section that healed poorly and someone posted somewhere on here in the last couple of weeks about a woman who had 8 or 9 sections successfully. The type of incision also affects future outcomes- horizontal is safer for future pregnancies than vertical.

Can someone explain to me why it's so important for all these quiverfull women to have these ecstatic homebirths? I get that for the average quiverfull woman living in poverty that a hospital birth would be very expensive, but the Duggars are the 1 percenters of the movement, so that shouldn't be an issue. Is it because quiverfullers think that birth is so easy and natural that anyone should be able to do it in their own home, making a hospital birth a sort of moral failure? Not too long ago, Jill and Izzy both would have died from their ordeal, and I think Jill should be thankful that she has access to modern medicine.

Bragging rights. In the mommy world if you get an epidural or any pain relief youre not a real mom. Or if you do a hospital birth or have a c-ssection you can't say you gave "birth to your child" A natural drug free birth gives you bragging rights, look at me I gave birth naturally with help from the lord who guided me through the whole process. While you had to so a lousy hospital birth with meds. I can handle pain you can't. The mommy world is brutal.

It was probably edited into such a little amount of time because they didn't want people saying that Jill was stupid and irresponsible. But she was. She shouldn't let it have gone on as long as it did with no intervention. I hope she has learned something, and next time she is quicker to get medical attention if things go wrong.

Jill saw her baby in distress and said it wasn't really an emergency. :roll:

JB is disgusting. He says they're still trying and doesn't know if he's the problem or Michelle. You have NINETEEN healthy kids (yes, Josie, has some issues, but she's pretty healthy) and your wife is almost FIFTY. You have plenty of kids. STOP IT. Maybe it's God's will for her to live to raise the ones she has, therefore he's allowing her to go through menopause as to not risk her life with another one. You have NINETEEN. Shut your pie hole. If you're delusional, SHUT UP. If you're trying to make Michelle feel better by saying she can have another one, your'e an ignorant fool, SHUT UP. Just SHUT UP.

Jill saw her baby in distress and said it wasn't really an emergency. :roll:

If Jill thinks her own baby in distress isn't really a problem she really shouldn't be delivering other people's.

As a completely appropriate reference for the discussion at hand, Monty Python and The Meaning of Life is on right now. I walked in right at the part where the baby falls out of the woman's uterus and hits the floor while she's washing dishes, and she looks at her daughter and says, "Will you get that, dear?" Right after that, you see the woman in a room with her 50 children, and the dad walks in, says they're broke, and that he'll have to sell all the children. If it was Jim Bob, he would have added, "To the media." :laughing-rolling:

And now we're at the Every Sperm is Sacred song...

I almost forgot about that! It's perfect for this family! :laughing-rolling:

Aaahhh, and then the Anglicans

Bloody Catholics, filling the world up with children they can't afford to feed.

Why do they have so many?

Everytime they have sexual intercourse they have another baby.

Well it's the same with us dear.

What do you mean?

Well, we've got two children...

Even funnier than the Catholics. Now back to topic ...

I couldn't believe Derek and Jill drove from the hospital to the Duggar compound instead of going straight home. I'd be exhausted, ppl can visit me at my house, and not 20 at once. Did you catch Derek saying Jill...can we have another one?! And Jill goes...Yes, yes, yes! They are literally driving home from the hospital...wtf?

I haven't seen the show yet. I was hoping that line from Derrick was just someone mishearing. You haven't got home yet you fool! You have no idea what it is like to have a baby. Go home. Spend sometime enjoying being a family of three. Learn about the reality of being a parents, both the highs and the lows. Then, and only then, if things are good with one, should you even begin thinking about the second.

I couldn't believe Derek and Jill drove from the hospital to the Duggar compound instead of going straight home. I'd be exhausted, ppl can visit me at my house, and not 20 at once. Did you catch Derek saying Jill...can we have another one?! And Jill goes...Yes, yes, yes! They are literally driving home from the hospital...wtf?

The Duggars are idiots and Derick has dumbed himself down to their level.

I don't know guys. I didn't find Derick's "Can we have another?" comment weird or creepy. I think he was just really excited and making a joke.

I did find it telling, however, that when he said that, Jill said "Yes", but did not add "Let's have twenty more". I was really expecting it but she never said it.

Another issue with repeat sections is uterine rupture.

ClaraOswin- the general rule seems to be three c-sections but it depends on the woman (or at least on the uterus) as some heal better than others. I've read of women having issues after only one section that healed poorly and someone posted somewhere on here in the last couple of weeks about a woman who had 8 or 9 sections successfully. The type of incision also affects future outcomes- horizontal is safer for future pregnancies than vertical.

Thanks. I've just had 1 c-section and I do worry about a 2nd. So I can't even imagine having a bunch. I do have a friend that will be having her 5th later this year (no thanks!!)

It looks like Jill didn't even get out of the car. Honestly, that would be preferable to me than having people come to the house. After having my kid, only my mom came over for the first month. I went to their house once when some relatives came in town. I preferred that because I could stay briefly and then go back to my own house where I lived in a big nightshirt all day long.

It looks like Jill didn't even get out of the car. Honestly, that would be preferable to me than having people come to the house. After having my kid, only my mom came over for the first month. I went to their house once when some relatives came in town. I preferred that because I could stay briefly and then go back to my own house where I lived in a big nightshirt all day long.

Yeah it seemed like it was a really quick stop to show off the baby nothing crazy where they were at the house all day or something. It would have been a lot harder to keep a visit that short at their own house. I seem to remember after one of Anna's births everyone coming right over with Jim Bob blaring the horn to announce their arrival. That would have been a lot more obnoxious and I think it would have been hard to limit things. They are all Jill's siblings it's not like we're talking 20 people with only two being the Aunt/Uncle to the baby and others being 2nd cousins or something. Plus if they came in small shifts of like five at a time that would have involved entertaining them all day long.

When my son was born all of our family (our parents, siblings, nephew, grandparents) came to the hospital at the same time because they all got off work around the same time. It was pretty chaotic while everyone was there but worked out nicely because it was crazy for like fifteen minutes or so then everyone left. Much better then spending the whole day with visitors trickling in one or two at a time in my opinion.

The dumbass leading the blind?

The dumb leading the dumber?

Initially, I had an overall positive response to Derick. Now I think he's a ninny.

I'm just now watching Jill's VSE, and she is Making.Me.Crazy! in her TH's. I have to wonder if she truly believes that she (the so-called midwife) knows as much as the doctors? And if she truly believed/believes that she did everything possible to facilitate a healthy delivery? :pink-shock: I just never saw her as a willing liar before now.... (or perhaps that's my naivete showing...)

Archived