IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

So her lay midwife was Joy Coonfield. http://web.archive.org/web/201505061711 ... dwives.pdf

I haven't seen the episode, but I saw a promo clip. Was Joy Coonfield the woman who can be seen talking to Jill when she was at home, in bed? I tried to match that woman's face to Joy Coonfield based on Joy's web presence, but the woman in the promo looked more like Teresa Fedosky to me. Thoughts from folks who got a better look at the midwife in the episode are appreciated. Joy Coonfield: https://www.facebook.com/joy.covaultcoonfield https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joy-coonfield/45/636/1b9

Teresa Fedosky: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.fedosky I didn't find a lot of pics of her online, but she has been featured on the show many times as the Bradley teacher and attended at least one of Anna's births.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now watching the episode (though I'd read the recaps on the previous pages of this thread already.)

The needs of your spouse should never be above the needs of your child. I'm sorry but that is ridiculous to me. My husband is adult. I don't need to be tending to him like I do my child.

Based on the posts in this thread...it sounds like Jill and Derick were probably not 100% honest with the hospital. That is so irresponsible and really says a lot about Jill (not so much Derick because I feel he probably only knows birth-related things based on what Jill has told him.) When you're about to become a mother...your desire for a specific type of birth should NOT override what is best for your baby's health (or your own.) To think that the 'experience' is so important that you'd lie and place your baby at risk shows that you are not mature enough to be a parent.

If children are such blessings from God, why would you put their needs and well-being behind the needs of your spouse? Fundies like to talk about how sacred the unborn child is --- but then they don't walk the walk.

I think Derick better start wising up about pregnancy, childbirth and child-rearing, instead of blindly following Jill's lead. Jill was incredibly selfish, incredibly stupid, and incredibly lucky that Izzie didn't suffer any serious health consequences because of her negligence. I hope this was a humbling experience for her and that she has learned some valuable lessons about her limitations. Unfortunately, I think she's too hard-headed and stubborn.

I just don't like Jill anymore. Anyone who would put their baby at such risk is not likable to me.

Is anyone else playing the Duggar drinking game or am I the only happy one here?

Seriously, this is the only way I can watch a Jill and Michelle centric episode, because their voices hit my ears the wrong way.

Also that scene where Michelle is teaching the lost girls to change diapers was almost exactly like a Kid Farm episode.

"Josie you know how to change a diaper, I just showed you while I was changing yours!"

'Siah's Marjorie reminds me of Kid Farm's LIZZIE

Anyone seen a version floating about on the interwebs? I should be studying but I'm so curious to see last night's show.

"I think Jill would appreciate a man shower, and she would want to come too"

Best line ever, Derick

Right up there with Josh saying Anna was a "master swallower"

Anyone seen a version floating about on the interwebs? I should be studying but I'm so curious to see last night's show.

Nope not yet. Just the usal things on youtube that you have to go to another site and register blah. If anyone knows somewhere let me know ;)

Was the lady there during labor Debbie Query or whatever her name is? Isn't she a midwife? I only half paid attention to the episode last night.

I am almost ashamed to say that I watched every minute of the 5 hours of train wreck Duggar/Dilly delivery shows this week.

A few things that annoyed or amused me:

d.

But what really floored me was how much Derick used Duggarspeak throughout the whole episode. He really has drunk the KoolAid and is into fundieland hook, line and sinker. When they took Izzie by the TTH to meet the fam on the way home from the hospital and he says, "Can we have another one?" That just made me want to gag. How about enjoying the newborn you have now as an individual rather than looking forward to your next spawn?

On Derrick: He's being "scripted" as the new Jim-Bob in the same way Anna was made over into a Mini-Michelle. It's just stupid. Derrick had more personality in Nepal, but that's all been taken away. Now he's going to be expected to dry hump on tv and start saying crap like "buy used, save the difference" to be Jim-Bob Jr.

Personally I can't wait to see 'Siah trying to be a mini Jim-Bob....I could see Marjorie, miss High School Drama Club stand-out, RELISHING playing the part of Michelle with the addition of little double-entendre about 'Si's the raging bull in the bedroom....blech

Since Marjorie is the first female local resident courtship, will her mother be helping her with the delivery?

Forgive me if this has been asked. Why would Josie be chewing on her crib? Is this normal? It just seems that with all 18 kids, there was no mention of any of them chewing on their beds and knowing how to handle teething babies, and suddenly Michelle and Boob mention that Josie chewed on her bed. I saw the preview for this episode and those were some deep teeth marks. When my DD was teething, I gave her plenty of frozen teething rings, teething biscuits, pain relieving drops, and teething gel and lost sleep to keep her comfortable. I read online that babies chew on cribs when they are overly anxious. Maybe Boob and Mullet ignored her during their sweet fellowship. Why wouldn't they try to stop the precious miracle from chewing her crib finish off by giving her what she needed (whether that be teething rings or love to keep her from being anxious)?

Also, I hope that Jill doesn't get pregnant soon. I had an emergency c-section, and my OB/GYN said not to get pregnant for at least a year.

Forgive me if this has been asked. Why would Josie be chewing on her crib? Is this normal? It just seems that with all 18 kids, there was no mention of any of them chewing on their beds and knowing how to handle teething babies, and suddenly Michelle and Boob mention that Josie chewed on her bed. I saw the preview for this episode and those were some deep teeth marks. When my DD was teething, I gave her plenty of frozen teething rings, teething biscuits, pain relieving drops, and teething gel and lost sleep to keep her comfortable. I read online that babies chew on cribs when they are overly anxious. Maybe Boob and Mullet ignored her during their sweet fellowship. Why wouldn't they try to stop the precious miracle from chewing her crib finish off by giving her what she needed (whether that be teething rings or love to keep her from being anxious)?

Also, I hope that Jill doesn't get pregnant soon. I had an emergency c-section, and my OB/GYN said not to get pregnant for at least a year.

My kids left teeth marks on almost EVERYTHING...I think they were testing out those new teeth...my grandson did it too. Not a big deal. I still have the coffee table that my (not so) little termite decided to decorate with his teeth. Kids do weird stuff. Thank God none of mine decided to finger paint with poop.

Some thoughts after watching the decade of Duggar births and Jill delivery specials.

I never realized that Jim Bob shot all of the delivery room footage. I guess I never really thought about the idea that they'd let the cameraman in there, so it makes sense. He did a good job keeping the camera steady, even when cutting the cord. I also noticed Grandma Mary was there with a big ol' SLR. I thought it was weird that Michelle was always skulking around Anna's deliveries trying to get the first peek without really helping like Jana and Jill, but then I saw her MIL doing the same thing.

And speaking of Anna, I felt so bad for her. She just seemed so much more miserable than any TLC live birth video. She seemed like a child during all three labors. When she was worried that Marcus would drown I thought her voice and everything was especially child like. I can't believe she's having a fourth.

During one of her labors, I think it was Jennifer, Michelle was leaning over the bed and Jim Bob came over and mirrored her position. They bumped hips together and she looked at him and smiled. I thought it was the most honest bit of affection we've ever seen between them. And this is considering that they regularly kiss for the camer and he's usually wrapped around her. It was nice to see that they really are like friends and actually like eachother and it's not all forced like it seemed to be the rest of the time.

It was pretty funny to see the small visible strip of Jill's abdomen blurred during the ultrasound. We saw Michelle's belly in all it's naked and exposed glory during the Jackson ultrasound and c-section. We even saw her u shaved leg getting and IV during one birth. You'd think they'd ask TLC to go back and blur that. I wonder how much was them being naive in the beginning and not knowing it would be shown or not knowing they could ask for more "modesty." Or if they really are more conservative and prudish than they were 11 years ago.

Oh and I noticed that Jana and Jill were at Johannah's birth, which was relatively short and simple. Jana, Jill and Jessa were at Jennifer's. And then Jessa and Jinger were at Jordyn's, but when they had to do a c-section on Jessa went in. I wonder how much this affect's the different attitudes of the girls towards having lots of kids. I wonder if Jinger will be there when Jessa has her baby.

And finally, after re watching the Jordyn-Grace Makiah naming ceremony, I still agree with Jim Bob that Julie Grace was a good name. Josh teasing that they might not stick with a letter theme to the camera, then saying, "We haven't picked our letter yet" to the family. Yeah, we know you wouldn't stray from the formula that got your family in the limelight.

It's pretty common. Though some kids aren't as big of "chewers" as others, it seems. My son is 19 months old and still puts everything in his mouth and wants to chew on it. When we noticed he started chewing on his crib (he'd do this once he was wide away but too quiet to kick on the baby monitor), we bought a Crib Wrap to protect the crib (and his little teeth.) I don't for one minute believe he was chewing the crib out of anxiousness.

If children are such blessings from God, why would you put their needs and well-being behind the needs of your spouse? Fundies like to talk about how sacred the unborn child is --- but then they don't walk the walk.

I think Derick better start wising up about pregnancy, childbirth and child-rearing, instead of blindly following Jill's lead. Jill was incredibly selfish, incredibly stupid, and incredibly lucky that Izzie didn't suffer any serious health consequences because of her negligence. I hope this was a humbling experience for her and that she has learned some valuable lessons about her limitations. Unfortunately, I think she's too hard-headed and stubborn.

I just don't like Jill anymore. Anyone who would put their baby at such risk is not likable to me.

Yes!! I'm really disgusted with Jill. I have had 3 vaginal births (in 3 separate hospitals with 3 different doctors) and her birth story is

lie after lie after lie. She was selfish and negligent just like Michelle was getting pregnant with Josie and Jubilee at such an advanced age. I suspect that Jill's stubbornness is going to make it more difficult for her to be a broodmare like her mother and she will have more Caesarian sections. Competent, responsible doctors are going to have a lot of reservations about going anywhere near Jill and her camera crew after this Israel fiasco (if she even ends up in a hospital next time around). I hope Derick will man up and put his future offspring above his self important wife. It was terrifying to learn about the strep b and meconium and those are just little snippets of the story that slipped out. PLEASE let one of the single Duggars marry a doctor (Jana :P ) and have him or her tell Jill she isn't a midwife and never will be one. Please let him or her also have completed years of mission work in other countries instead of 10 day vacations like everyone else. I swear Jill goes on and on as if she is some kind of Nepalese princess... :hand:

If she is unable to have a successful VBAC the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time, etc....will there be a point where she'll just have to use some sort of birth control? I imagine after a certain amount of c-sections...it becomes very, very unsafe...right?

If she is unable to have a successful VBAC the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time, etc....will there be a point where she'll just have to use some sort of birth control? I imagine after a certain amount of c-sections...it becomes very, very unsafe...right?

Yes, that is what I understand. Any of you on FJ who work in the medical field and aren't just student midwives? Could you school us on VBACS? Derick could also get a sinful, sinful vasectomy like Mr. N The Prayer Closet but that seems unlikely unless they absolutely have to?

Can someone explain to me why it's so important for all these quiverfull women to have these ecstatic homebirths? I get that for the average quiverfull woman living in poverty that a hospital birth would be very expensive, but the Duggars are the 1 percenters of the movement, so that shouldn't be an issue. Is it because quiverfullers think that birth is so easy and natural that anyone should be able to do it in their own home, making a hospital birth a sort of moral failure? Not too long ago, Jill and Izzy both would have died from their ordeal, and I think Jill should be thankful that she has access to modern medicine.

It was probably edited into such a little amount of time because they didn't want people saying that Jill was stupid and irresponsible. But she was. She shouldn't let it have gone on as long as it did with no intervention. I hope she has learned something, and next time she is quicker to get medical attention if things go wrong.

Thoughts on the birth episode:

is that a towel or a weird cover? the purple and white cross thing. It seems heretical to dry your butt with the cross.

Derick is at least hinting at sending his kids to college. Probably all talk though.

Johanna is really pretty.

Loved the shot of Jill and Derick passed out together in the hospital bed.

Can someone explain to me why it's so important for all these quiverfull women to have these ecstatic homebirths? I get that for the average quiverfull woman living in poverty that a hospital birth would be very expensive, but the Duggars are the 1 percenters of the movement, so that shouldn't be an issue. Is it because quiverfullers think that birth is so easy and natural that anyone should be able to do it in their own home, making a hospital birth a sort of moral failure? Not too long ago, Jill and Izzy both would have died from their ordeal, and I think Jill should be thankful that she has access to modern medicine.

Sounds like typical mommy wars bullshit. "I had a section." "I had a vaginal hospital birth! I'm better than you!" "Well, I had a drug-free vaginal hospital birth so I'm even better!" "Well I had a homebirth, so I'm the best!" "Haha, I had an unassisted drug-free home birth in the woods, so clearly I am the best ever."

I'm with most of you. When you connect all the "invisible dots", there are a LOT of holes in Jill's story, and quite a few outright lies. She is very lucky she safely delivered Issy.

One day, the Duggar "arrogance" is going to catch up with them, and not in a good way...

The risks of placenta accreta increase considerably with repeat sections, and placenta accreta very often requires a hysterectomy. She may also have a hard time finding any OB willing to take her on as a patient.

I'm expecting to hear that in the course of delivering baby #6 or #7 she comes out without her uterus. Or a doctor will "compassionately" tie her tubes without her knowledge.

The risks of placenta accreta increase considerably with repeat sections, and placenta accreta very often requires a hysterectomy. She may also have a hard time finding any OB willing to take her on as a patient.

I'm expecting to hear that in the course of delivering baby #6 or #7 she comes out without her uterus. Or a doctor will "compassionately" tie her tubes without her knowledge.

I don't think compassionately tying tubes without consent is legal. :wtf:

Another cringe-worthy moment in last night's episode was when JB&M were delivering the crib to Derick and Jill. JB made a comment about he and Michelle not needing it lately and that he "wasn't sure whose plumbing wasn't working."

Well, he always has to make sure everyone in America knows he is still always getting the seks.

Nope. In this movement she'll be a martyr. She'll die for the cause if necessary and do so willingly. God made made her solely to "be fruitful and multiply." There will be no birth control. Her best hope is an emergency life-saving hysterectomy and she'll beat herself up over that.

Archived