IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

They were probably still tired and out of it from the whole ordeal and he was just making a joke. Reality has already set in a bit based on that blog entry Derick wrote. I think he's seeing that taking care of a newborn isn't sunshine and roses.

He was probably referring to the making of the baby and not the baby itself. Come on, at that point, they had never even been alone with the baby. In fact, it sounds as if they still haven't been alone with Izzy.

In terms of Derick being sleepy at work, IDK, but when we had our kids and I was on a 6 mos leave from work and healthy, my hubs did not get up in the middle of the night...I breast fed and he slept. When I went back to work, we took turns being the night call person. One time I leapt out of bed and my hubs said, "it's not ours, it's the neighbor's baby." It was summer time and all our windows were open. LOL.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Jill needs Derick to get up and get the baby for her in the middle of the night? I never had a C-section but maybe it is very painful for her right now?

However my guess is that she is very needy and dramatic and expects Derrick to jump whenever she wants something. Post pregnancy hormones make everyone emotional and I think that added to her basic immaturity and constant need to be assured that she is the bestest mommy ever are probably making Derrick's life pretty miserable right now.

Disclaimer - I know I was emotional and needy post partum but I didn't expect my husband to get up at night when I was breastfeeding and on maternity leave and Mr. Java had to get up and go to work every morning.

Maybe Jill needs Derick to get up and get the baby for her in the middle of the night? I never had a C-section but maybe it is very painful for her right now?

However my guess is that she is very needy and dramatic and expects Derrick to jump whenever she wants something. Post pregnancy hormones make everyone emotional and I think that added to her basic immaturity and constant need to be assured that she is the bestest mommy ever are probably making Derrick's life pretty miserable right now.

Disclaimer - I know I was emotional and needy post partum but I didn't expect my husband to get up at night when I was breastfeeding and on maternity leave and Mr. Java had to get up and go to work every morning.

Plus, wasn't one of those bed accessories shown, so Izzy is right there attached to their bed?

ETA- The reason that Jill is having such a hard time is because she is the only Duggar who spends (or did for the previous 9 mos) a great deal of time alone, as her husband has a real job that requires him to be present and away from home. The WM gig won't last long.

I think the reason Derick hasn't been forced out of the WM job is because of the reverence JimBob has for Sam Walton/Wal-Mart. But Jilly is going to continue to pressure Derick into working in the "family business" and he'll buckle under the pressure soon enough. More fool he.

My first baby was breech and after a failed attempt to get him to turn, I had a scheduled C-section. I did not labor 70 hours before my baby was born, but like Jill, I had a 3-1/2 day hospital stay following the birth. Once at home, for 1-1/2 weeks I was sore and had to be very careful when getting up and down and I couldn't lift anything really heavy. But by the end of 2 weeks (when my husband was back at work and my Mom left) I was able to take care of my baby and most of the house cleaning by myself.

Once I went back to work, if the baby woke during the night, my husband and I would take turns tending to him. But by then, the baby was usually only waking once if at all.

Israel is a month old now, so surely Jill has healed enough from her C-section surgery to be able to tend to him. I can understand Derick helping from the time he gets home until he goes to bed, but since he is back to work, Jill should be able to handle the night time feedings. Also, we have seen pictures of Joy Anna helping out so I am sure she is over there a lot, giving Jill times of rest.

*shrug*

My first baby was breech and after a failed attempt to get him to turn, I had a scheduled C-section. I did not labor 70 hours before my baby was born, but like Jill, I had a 3-1/2 day hospital stay following the birth. Once at home, for 1-1/2 weeks I was sore and had to be very careful when getting up and down and I couldn't lift anything really heavy. But by the end of 2 weeks (when my husband was back at work and my Mom left) I was able to take care of my baby and most of the house cleaning by myself.

Once I went back to work, if the baby woke during the night, my husband and I would take turns tending to him. But by then, the baby was usually only waking once if at all.

Israel is a month old now, so surely Jill has healed enough from her C-section surgery to be able to tend to him. I can understand Derick helping from the time he gets home until he goes to bed, but since he is back to work, Jill should be able to handle the night time feedings. Also, we have seen pictures of Joy Anna helping out so I am sure she is over there a lot, giving Jill times of rest.

*shrug*

It was reported that since Derick returned to work (didn't he have 6 weeks off, so some time before as well as after), Jill has had daily help.

Jessa can't kneel? DimBob says let's get on our knees and pray, and she's squatting and sitting on her ass. K.

She's practicing for labor.

I think the reason Derick hasn't been forced out of the WM job is because of the reverence JimBob has for Sam Walton/Wal-Mart. But Jilly is going to continue to pressure Derick into working in the "family business" and he'll buckle under the pressure soon enough. More fool he.

Is this spectulation? Because Derrick stated he wants to work with the FBI. That would be mean if Jill does not assist with that goal.

I couldn't believe Derek and Jill drove from the hospital to the Duggar compound instead of going straight home. I'd be exhausted, ppl can visit me at my house, and not 20 at once. Did you catch Derek saying Jill...can we have another one?! And Jill goes...Yes, yes, yes! They are literally driving home from the hospital...wtf?

Most normal women who'd been through a traumatic birth experience would have said You take that thing out of your pants and come near me the next time you see it will be on a bun!

Is this spectulation? Because Derrick stated he wants to work with the FBI. That would be mean if Jill does not assist with that goal.

Yes and no. From things Josh has posted, I know that the family has visited Wal-Mart's headquarters, and that they think highly of Wal-Mart and its founder. I also know that Jill grew up with a father that was almost always home, or the family always together when traveling. He had that one brief stint as a state representative but was not re-elected. To Jill, it's normal that both parents be home all the time, rather than having a father or a mother who works outside the home.

I also remember Jill saying that she misses Derick when he's at work, and that she would be happy if he were able to somehow work "for" JimBob and then they wouldn't have to be apart for 8 hours every week-day.

I think Derick had some career goals before he got involved with Jill. I'm not so sure he still has the same goals, or that if he does, his wife would be 100% supportive of him achieving those goals. Anna seems ok with Josh working a full-time job while she's at home with the kids. I'm not so sure Jill would be happy in the same situation.

I think once you leave Duggarville, cleave onto another and especially after procreating your own dependent, it's time to move into the reality that is the real world.

If Jill wanted a SAHH, she should have married someone like Ben.

If she is pressuring Derick to quit his job, she is both a fool and a tool.

Derick needs to man up.

I had a c-section and needed help getting in and out of bed for quite a while. It was pretty awful. I didn't breastfeed and even though my husband worked (well, he took a few weeks off in the beginning), he did almost all of the nighttime feedings. I had severe PPD. I also had completely numb hands from carpal tunnel I developed while pregnant. Everyone's experiences and healing times are going to be different. And as shocking as it may be to some, there are husbands out there who actually LIKE being dads and doing dad-tasks.

The Duggars make TLC a lot of money. The Duggars are billed as this nice, God loving , fun having close family and they don't want anything to interfere with that image or else people might quit watching.

ETA: Also in this situation it behooves them to clean it up on the spot because of the bad press they were getting after the birth of Israel. I mean imagine this family of breeders not even doing that right? :lol: Last year i had rewatched the series on Netflix and every single episode was white washed. So they are really more than ever trying to sell what the Duggars preach and we all know it's not exactly how they live.

Exactly. The show has never been an honest portrayal of this family. Why would TLC decide to show them warts 'n all now?

Watching the birth episode now, and Hannie seams totally over everything. In both the TH and the ‘lets learn how to be sister moms’ parts she just seams done with all of it. Also anyone notice the mattress in the closet with the boxes and the stuffed whale? it looked like there was a pillow and a blanket on one. If I were a Dugger kid I would totally slip off to a closet to sleep and chill.

also Derrick and his Man shower :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA: well Its over and what a cluster fuck. I guess thats what happens when you teach your child instant obedience and are anti critical thinking.

Watching the birth episode now, and Hannie seams totally over everything. In both the TH and the ‘lets learn how to be sister moms’ parts she just seams done with all of it. Also anyone notice the mattress in the closet with the boxes and the stuffed whale? it looked like there was a pillow and a blanket on one. If I were a Dugger kid I would totally slip off to a closet to sleep and chill.

ETA: well Its over and what a cluster fuck. I guess thats what happens when you teach your child instant obedience and are anti critical thinking.

These younger Duggars are going to be absolutely sick and turned off by pregnancy and children by the time they are adults. Hubby and I are both from large families and we just couldn't get excited about all of our siblings pregnancies, especially with their 2nd children. The announcements, baptisms, birthdays, and now gender reveal parties just become a blurred wave of monotony when they occur every few weeks and months. I love my family dearly but I'm glad we don't have a lot of family close by. It's hard enough to remember to even get on Facebook to "like" status updates for lost teeth and kindergarten graduations. I can see some of these Duggars running off to obscure cities and countries to live alone or even have just one child or a dog.

I saw the mattress and couldn't figure out if it was the third twin bed from pre room makeover or one of the toddler beds from pre makeover.

I do seem to recall Johannah more or less banished a few seasons back during naptime to another room or closet area because she was too disruptive to the other nappers or some such nonsense.

Each bedroom has two "cupboards". (Not sure what to call them.) The boys room has one set up with AV gear. The girls store Violins in one of theirs - that's the one Johannah had to nap in. It seems that one of the others in just a junk storage space - Josie's cot, lots of boxes, etc. I read one marked James's School Books.

On that ... does it seem to anyone else that the Duggars vast house and storage sheds have allowed them to become hoarders. I couldn't believe it in the garage sale episodes last year, just how much stuff they had in that shed. Neither JB not M seemed willing to part with much either.

She's practicing for labor.

She may have been trying to hide her belly. Kneeling would have made her belly more obvious than crouching. Or, maybe there wasn't enough room for her to kneel.

When the family gathered around the Dilly car, you can see Jessa's belly even though she had her arms crossed over it.

Each bedroom has two "cupboards". (Not sure what to call them.) The boys room has one set up with AV gear. The girls store Violins in one of theirs - that's the one Johannah had to nap in. It seems that one of the others in just a junk storage space - Josie's cot, lots of boxes, etc. I read one marked James's School Books.

On that ... does it seem to anyone else that the Duggars vast house and storage sheds have allowed them to become hoarders. I couldn't believe it in the garage sale episodes last year, just how much stuff they had in that shed. Neither JB not M seemed willing to part with much either.

They hoard babies/children... Why not hoard stuff, too?

they refer to the nook/cuboard in the boy's room as 'the studio'

I had a c-section and needed help getting in and out of bed for quite a while. It was pretty awful. I didn't breastfeed and even though my husband worked (well, he took a few weeks off in the beginning), he did almost all of the nighttime feedings. I had severe PPD. I also had completely numb hands from carpal tunnel I developed while pregnant. Everyone's experiences and healing times are going to be different. And as shocking as it may be to some, there are husbands out there who actually LIKE being dads and doing dad-tasks.

I recovered crazy fast from my C section and had a much harder time with my normal birth. One day after my C section a janitor (woman) on staff said to me; you are so lucky, you are up and about, you didn't need a C section.

I know I was lucky.

I got some info about the May 19 "reunion special"

-It will air after two new one-hour episodes

-Erica Hill will host the special

-The Duggars will discuss family, marriage, babies and "new courtships"

- The special will feature surprise guests.

My prediction is that Joseph is courting a Bates girl and they will be the special guests.

My prediction is that Joseph is courting a Bates girl and they will be the special guests.

If another courtship is in the making, I agree, it's Joseph.

If another courtship is in the making, I agree, it's Joseph.

i think so too. joseph and tori.

Archived