IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

I just watched Jill's very special episode. Wow, it was one big FU internets. It was basically TLC editing out anything that showed how irresponsible these twits are. We did still get a glimpse. Between all the fluff parties, flashbacks, TH's, & repeated crap only left 5-10 minutes of the birth experience. I bet there is a plethora of awesome duggar insanity on the cutting room floor.

I loved how the labor hours kept getting larger in number everytime one of them talked, yet time didn't move with their description. Though it probably worked for those who can't count or were home schooled in math by Jill. :lol:

My .02 no wander it took so long, your water breaks and you get hard contractions and what do you do? You go back to sleep. No wander Dilly went breech transverse the kid was worn out from trying to get out. :angry-banghead: :lol:

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the episode, it's clear they really left out a lot of detail and had to come up with other things to add. I'm convinced this episode (everything about it) would have been far different had she had the homebirth. TLC put their foot in their mouth when they announced, before she gave birth, that there would be a 2-hour special about the birth.

I think TLC realized that if they had cut the special back to only an hour because there was only 15-20 minutes of useable labor footage, people would have been all WTF. So, their solution was to add in a bunch of filler. A la Michelle's deliveries and the Josie crib hunt.

I also have a couple questions about her birth.. These may be dumb questions, but I have no experience with this. Could all the drama she went through have been prevented? Like, if she had just gone to the hospital to begin with (or hell, after 20 hours of labor when she apparently saw the meconium staining), could she still have had a vaginal delivery? I don't know that I buy the baby turning mid-labor. And I remember seeing pictures up until she went into labor and the baby didn't look "low." Would it have been possible for the doctors/nurses at the hospital to try to move the baby again so he was head down?

And even if he was breech to begin with, like when labor started, then what was Jill thinking? She was going to still try to deliver him naturally at home? Does that happen.. a baby that's breech turns to be head down during labor? Is that what she was expecting?

It just seems to me that some poor decisions were made. And it also seems to me that a lot of that could have been avoided had she had the proper care in place at the proper time. By the time they finally went to the hospital, it was already too late.. she needed a section.

Hopefully this made sense and sorry for wall-o-text! :wink-kitty:

I think that 75% of that episode was edited before she ever went into labor and then those parts were added. My guess is the stop to show off the baby on the way home scene was already pre-planned and they were contractually obligated to do it when they accepted money for the special. It didn't surprise me to have very little labor and delivery footage because all the Duggar birth specials since the series started have been like that.

I thought that the baby shower was interesting. They said their were 50 people there and I doubt she even knew most of them. I'd call it a total gift grab but it just appeared like she got low cost items and had to buy the bulk of the expensive stuff herself.

I wonder if the lack of a finished nursery and JB donating a crib was also a prompt to fans to send in gifts...although every time we see Izzy Dilly he is decked out and certainly does not appear to be in "need" of anything.

I thought that the baby shower was interesting. They said their were 50 people there and I doubt she even knew most of them. I'd call it a total gift grab but it just appeared like she got low cost items and had to buy the bulk of the expensive stuff herself.

That's still a gift grab, IMO. A FAILED gift grab, but a gift grab nonetheless. I guess those 50 or so people were broke after Jill & Jessa's wedding gift grabs.

50 guests? Is that including or excluding Duggars and other family members? Because ballpark 20 family members into that 50 and that's 40% of the guests if they are included in the count.

I think that 75% of that episode was edited before she ever went into labor and then those parts were added. My guess is the stop to show off the baby on the way home scene was already pre-planned and they were contractually obligated to do it when they accepted money for the special. It didn't surprise me to have very little labor and delivery footage because all the Duggar birth specials since the series started have been like that.

I wonder if much of it was also pre-edited to handle the short turn-around time on the editing. I'm not that familiar with TV editing, but I'd imagine a 2-hour special takes more than a few weeks to finish if you consider the amount of time needed to dig through all that footage.

My mom, the in denial leghumper, defended Michelles comment about the husband coming first :roll:

She said it's because they're religious and it goes God-Husband-Family. Mind you, she grew up going to church every sunday as well as raised me that way but she certainly doesn't make her marriage a priority. I'm trying to figure out if this was ingrained in her or if it's something she truly believes. I don't believe it and I was raised in the same church. I mentioned the part about the husband being a grown man and is capable taking care of himself but she said that it doesn't matter :lol:

I wonder if much of it was also pre-edited to handle the short turn-around time on the editing. I'm not that familiar with TV editing, but I'd imagine a 2-hour special takes more than a few weeks to finish if you consider the amount of time needed to dig through all that footage.

It had to be. Then IDD was very late plus extended labor, emergency c-section all cut into the available time to edit. (Which is why TLC should wait until Baby arrives to announce the VSE air date & time)

It looks like Jill didn't even get out of the car. Honestly, that would be preferable to me than having people come to the house. After having my kid, only my mom came over for the first month. I went to their house once when some relatives came in town. I preferred that because I could stay briefly and then go back to my own house where I lived in a big nightshirt all day long.

Agreed, I thought it was a clever way to introduce Izzy without doing anything but a small amount of extra driving. Jill didn't have to do anything more than unbuckle her seatbelt and turn in her seat for it! They were also already "camera ready" for shots leaving the hospital and were fresh from receiving support with Izzy in the hospital, as opposed to dealing with the family after their stressful first nights at home.

So there you go, the one thing I'll compliment them for in this entire clusterfuck.

It had to be. Then IDD was very late plus extended labor, emergency c-section all cut into the available time to edit. (Which is why TLC should wait until Baby arrives to announce the VSE air date & time)

I think they wanted to aire it going into Mother's Day Sunday- more of a hype.

Agreed, I thought it was a clever way to introduce Izzy without doing anything but a small amount of extra driving. Jill didn't have to do anything more than unbuckle her seatbelt and turn in her seat for it! They were also already "camera ready" for shots leaving the hospital and were fresh from receiving support with Izzy in the hospital, as opposed to dealing with the family after their stressful first nights at home.

So there you go, the one thing I'll compliment them for in this entire clusterfuck.

If they hadn't taken the baby out and into the wind, I would totally agree. A quick drive by peek would have been enough. What would have been really nice, is if JB and M had brought out a warm lasagna, some freshly baked bread and a green salad (I would have included a nice bottle of red vino too), along with some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

I think Derick is swimming in the Kool-Aid. My guess is that they'll start trying for another in a couple of weeks (40 days after IDD's birth). Jill and JB have both expressed a "desire" for Derick to join the rest of the Duggar men and be "employed" by JB. By the time they have three kids under 4, Derik will "decide" to come home and live off JB as he won't be able to keep up with his job and his family life. Derik is a goner.

If they hadn't taken the baby out and into the wind, I would totally agree. A quick drive by peek would have been enough. What would have been really nice, is if JB and M had brought out a warm lasagna, some freshly baked bread and a green salad (I would have included a nice bottle of red vino too), along with some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

I was thinking something along those lines when I saw it. It just seemed odd to me that a family that breeds for a living wouldn't offer some after birth food. :lol: Who knows maybe they had a j'slave with them for the next few days. That would be my guess and they aren't going to show us that, just like they pretended Jana wasn't along with J&A.

Why would the public think that any of the Duggar adult offspring are going to be tackling or navigating anything alone? They were not raised to be independent thinkers or doers as they were always yoked to a sibling or 6.

None of those kids (well maybe JD and Jana) could get themselves out of a wet paper bag without assistance.

Why would the public think that any of the Duggar adult offspring are going to be tackling or navigating anything alone? They were not raised to be independent thinkers or doers as they were always yoked to a sibling or 6.

None of those kids (well maybe JD and Jana) could get themselves out of a wet paper bag without assistance.

ETA- The reason that Jill is having such a hard time is because she is the only Duggar who spends (or did for the previous 9 mos) a great deal of time alone, as her husband has a real job that requires him to be present and away from home. The WM gig won't last long.

I agree SassyPants. That is why I think they had help, but it just wasn't presented to us. Since we are supposed to believe these people have super powers when it comes to raising a child, it would tarnish their image if they needed help. I think the biggest problem for the older girls getting married and having babies is the lack of old enough j'slaves to help. The older 3 are still running the TTH.

I love Michelle's "and I gave birth to all of them". Yes Michelle, but how many did you raise? :lol:

Here's my question: why is it so all-fired important for TLC to protect the Duggars, even when they do something incredibly stupid? I haven't even seen the Baby Izzy episode yet, but based on what I've read here, Jill made several terrible decisions that resulted in her endangering herself and her child, and now TLC is frantically trying to edit and spin things to make it appear as if the labor and delivery issues were circumstances that simply happened, none of which were based on Jill's poor choices.

I ask again, why is it so important to protect the Duggars and make them look good? Any drama, good or bad, is going to pull in ratings. Why not be more honest about Jill's choices, even if they make her look bad? TLC certainly had no problems throwing Kate under the bus - surely this isn't because Jill is "nicer" than Kate? Has Jim Bob threatened to walk away from the show if it isn't edited exactly to his liking?

I simply don't understand this at all.

Here's my question: why is it so all-fired important for TLC to protect the Duggars, even when they do something incredibly stupid? I haven't even seen the Baby Izzy episode yet, but based on what I've read here, Jill made several terrible decisions that resulted in her endangering herself and her child, and now TLC is frantically trying to edit and spin things to make it appear as if the labor and delivery issues were circumstances that simply happened, none of which were based on Jill's poor choices.

I ask again, why is it so important to protect the Duggars and make them look good? Any drama, good or bad, is going to pull in ratings. Why not be more honest about Jill's choices, even if they make her look bad? TLC certainly had no problems throwing Kate under the bus - surely this isn't because Jill is "nicer" than Kate? Has Jim Bob threatened to walk away from the show if it isn't edited exactly to his liking?

I simply don't understand this at all.

The Duggars make TLC a lot of money. The Duggars are billed as this nice, God loving , fun having close family and they don't want anything to interfere with that image or else people might quit watching.

ETA: Also in this situation it behooves them to clean it up on the spot because of the bad press they were getting after the birth of Israel. I mean imagine this family of breeders not even doing that right? :lol: Last year i had rewatched the series on Netflix and every single episode was white washed. So they are really more than ever trying to sell what the Duggars preach and we all know it's not exactly how they live.

What's really important with a c-section delivery is letting your body HEAL before you get knocked up again. My OB made it extremely clear that I needed to give my body a good year, or preferably 18 months before considering another pregnancy. And then he shoved a script for BC pills in my hand. Uterine rupture would be the biggest concern if it's not given time.

So this is obviously going to be Jill's biggest hurdle if she takes after Michelle and starts her cycles back while nursing (I got mine back 4 months in despite exclusive breastfeeding, plus pumping extra). And we all know she'll do nothing to prevent another pregnancy. Derick is chugging the Kool Aid at this point so it would likely take a few more dangerous births for him to see the light. They're in some shiny, happy bubble of oblivion right now. I truly think neither of them understand the ramifications of Iz's birth.

I'm still in total shock that the quack OB stated he has "no doubt" she'll be able to deliver naturally next time! Based on what? No one can give guarantees like that! You can't make that promise to a woman who's had ten perfectly easy deliveries under her belt. Just no.

I can't get over the leghumpers on IG that rave about her birth & the way she went about it. Did she make it through a scary situation, yes. Did she do a ton of things dangerously wrong, yes. As much as I'd never wish her experience on any woman, I don't believe she deserves a medal either.

What's really important with a c-section delivery is letting your body HEAL before you get knocked up again. My OB made it extremely clear that I needed to give my body a good year, or preferably 18 months before considering another pregnancy. And then he shoved a script for BC pills in my hand. Uterine rupture would be the biggest concern if it's not given time.

So this is obviously going to be Jill's biggest hurdle if she takes after Michelle and starts her cycles back while nursing (I got mine back 4 months in despite exclusive breastfeeding, plus pumping extra). And we all know she'll do nothing to prevent another pregnancy. Derick is chugging the Kool Aid at this point so it would likely take a few more dangerous births for him to see the light. They're in some shiny, happy bubble of oblivion right now. I truly think neither of them understand the ramifications of Iz's birth.

I'm still in total shock that the quack OB stated he has "no doubt" she'll be able to deliver naturally next time! Based on what? No one can give guarantees like that! You can't make that promise to a woman who's had ten perfectly easy deliveries under her belt. Just no.

I doubt the OB guaranteed her anything. The Duggars tend to hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest.

I don't have kids so I might be wrong on it being inconvenient to stop by the Duggar compound on the way home from the hospital. I just thought Jill and Derek talking about having another one was a little over the top. Oh wait, not for the Duggars.

They were probably still tired and out of it from the whole ordeal and he was just making a joke. Reality has already set in a bit based on that blog entry Derick wrote. I think he's seeing that taking care of a newborn isn't sunshine and roses.

Archived