IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Poor Jill sounds so sheltered and ridiculous talking about how she has a "heart for the Spanish people," but her siblings better thank their lucky stars that they had Jill around every single day. It's pretty touching how invested she was in all of her siblings' lives, even though it's also sad and disgusting that her own mother let her get into the position where she was responsible for educating and "training" 10+ children at 17.

Jill also says ''our kids'' so she basicly was/is their mom and even thinks of herself as their mom.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill also says ''our kids'' so she basically was/is their mom and even thinks of herself as their mom.

To be fair I say "my kids" when I'm teaching or instructing or doing anything else. I say "our kids" In reference to school/sibs/sibs friends and have since I was in elementary school, so... not super suspicious, although I totally am in the camp that Jill was their mom.

In the video Jill said, "I really have a heart for Spanish people."

She's not ministering to people in Spain. :roll:

It's "Spanish-speaking people".

Hope she doesn't come around here. Anyway she would get defrauded just looking at any corner.

Yes, and exactly which Spanish speaking people is she talking about? How about immigrant kids on the Southern boarder of the US, right there in Texas next to Arkansas. She could skip the Big Sandy conference and do something like raise money to help them.

Of, before IDD was born she could have used the skills she developed teaching her sibs and volunteered in a local school helping kids who speak Spamish as their first language. She doesn't have to go on a trip to Cenrpteal America to kind "Spanish" people to help.

Yes, and exactly which Spanish speaking people is she talking about? How about immigrant kids on the Southern boarder of the US, right there in Texas next to Arkansas. She could skip the Big Sandy conference and do something like raise money to help them.

Of, before IDD was born she could have used the skills she developed teaching her sibs and volunteered in a local school helping kids who speak Spamish as their first language. She doesn't have to go on a trip to Cenrpteal America to kind "Spanish" people to help.

Those are awesome ideas, but isn't it the right wing fundies who abhor border people? They seem to be the ones who are always complaining about it in the news. Yet they will travel to countries half a world away. :angry-banghead:

If I were teenaged, marginally educated, 18-year old Josiah, I'd be scared shitless at the prospect of having to support a woman & an infinite # of kids for the rest of my life, starting possibly as early as 2016. Do the Duggars really have so much faith in the TLC gravy train never drying up? Does the idea that there is already 1 "head of a household" (Benjermin) on the Duggar payroll, and Josiah could soon be another, never trouble JB?

If I were teenaged, marginally educated, 18-year old Josiah, I'd be scared shitless at the prospect of having to support a woman & an infinite # of kids for the rest of my life, starting possibly as early as 2016. Do the Duggars really have so much faith in the TLC gravy train never drying up? Does the idea that there is already 1 "head of a household" (Benjermin) on the Duggar payroll, and Josiah could soon be another, never trouble JB?

they are all living in never never land imo

I think Josiah should join the military - Navy would be good, but he'd be away on cruises and separated from his family too much. Army? If he liked Alert, then he'd probably thrive in the service. And learn a skill and earn decent money. Also, there are fundies a plenty in the military, and acceptable activities for Marj to do as a spouse. I think she'd also thrive in that environment. The Duggars use guns so I don't see them preventing their kids from entering the military as conscientious objectors..

Yeah. Siah should get married and then enlist. They'd have a good life. :clap:

I think Josiah should join the military - Navy would be good, but he'd be away on cruises and separated from his family too much. Army? If he liked Alert, then he'd probably thrive in the service. And learn a skill and earn decent money. Also, there are fundies a plenty in the military, and acceptable activities for Marj to do as a spouse. I think she'd also thrive in that environment. The Duggars use guns so I don't see them preventing their kids from entering the military as conscientious objectors..

I agree with all these points. But as far as we can tell, Gothard is extremely anti-military. For all their platitudes about "supporting the troops", Gothardites do not support the secular United States military. At their core, they are Christian separatists.

They do not want their boys to serve with (or worse, under) women, non-"Christians" or homosexuals. That is one reason (or perhaps the main reason) they've started their whole ridiculous Alert system--to create a Gothardite paramilitary full of nothing but the "correct" kind of Christian boys.

I could see Siah doing relatively well in the Military. Maybe he actually liked Alert because it gave him a sense of purpose and order? I do agree with HereticHick though - I think it's unlikely he would join because all indications seem to point to Gothardites opposing the Military. . . which is a damn shame because it could provide an excellent career path for some of those young men.

Also, on a related note, I could totally see Jessa as a Drill Sargent. :lol:

Not sure if this has been addressed but this thought just came to me...

Do the kids, once they are courting, call each other boyfriend and girlfriend? Like, "my boyfriend Josiah brought me flowers..."?

Or is there some other fundie/Jesus-y way of referring to each other?

Not sure if this has been addressed but this thought just came to me...

Do the kids, once they are courting, call each other boyfriend and girlfriend? Like, "my boyfriend Josiah brought me flowers..."?

Or is there some other fundie/Jesus-y way of referring to each other?

I believe the kids have used boyfriend/girlfriend before, but it isn't often.

I see him as more of an Air Force guy, maybe in public affairs. But, yeah, he should enlist.

Gothardites do not support the secular United States military. At their core, they are Christian separatists.

They do not want their boys to serve with (or worse, under) women, non-"Christians" or homosexuals. T

Seriously???? :wtf: That is just weird!! I had no idea. I've known many military fundies, whose wives homeschooled, and I guess just were able to separate their home and work lives well. Too bad for Josiah. Do Gothardites register for selective service, or do they object?

Public affairs? Yeah. I can see that. Or he could be in the army finance corps and learn accounting like his BIL!! Arrrgh. wasted opportunity.

I believe the kids have used boyfriend/girlfriend before, but it isn't often.

I figured they said suitor? I could see JB and Michelle saying beau

"Special friend"

Although more often you just hear them reintroduce the person over and over and over again "I'm in a courtship with Bin Seewald and..."

This reminds me of when Jessa announced the courtship on IG and I did a double take, something like "congrats to my bro Si and his girlfriend Marjorie"... GIRLFRIEND? :pink-shock:

"Special friend"

Although more often you just hear them reintroduce the person over and over and over again "I'm in a courtship with Bin Seewald and..."

The first name-last name nonsense: :roll:

Will it now be

"When I married Bin Seewald..."

"My husband is Bin Seewald!"

Blarg.

We need to come up with new euphemisms:

Sidehug Buddy

Fyoochah Waaaiiiiiif (say it like Tommy Wiseau in The Room)

Chik Fil-Bae

Hand-holding Honey

Friends with Fellowship

Won't happen. The services aren't taking GED recruits. Honest to God diploma WITH transcripts or nothing. The only way he could get in with a GED would be to have at least 15-30 college credits from an honest to God college and have a 2.5 GPA or better. Also he'd have to probably have a 60 or better on the ASVAB.

How do I know? #1 son squeeked in the Army w/a GED while they were sending guys to Iraq every other day. He did 2 tours. #2 son tried to go in the Navy and the Army and got shot down both times...GED and no college.

The first name-last name nonsense: :roll:

Will it now be

"When I married Bin Seewald..."

"My husband is Bin Seewald!"

Blarg.

Ben said in a lot of episodes referring to Jessa in front of Jessa my girlfriend or my girl

he used both of those

and Derick said a lot my sweet finance

Archived