IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Does anyone else read beau as bew? And then automatically correct it in their heads?

no need to correct it :D

[bBvideo 560,340:2cyk8z0c]

[/bBvideo]

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben said in a lot of episodes referring to Jessa in front of Jessa my girlfriend or my girl

he used both of those

and Derick said a lot my sweet finance

It's funny because he's an accountant, lmao

The first name-last name nonsense: :roll:

Will it now be

"When I married Bin Seewald..."

"My husband is Bin Seewald!"

Blarg.

It's like Jordan Catalano all over again. :lol:

If I were teenaged, marginally educated, 18-year old Josiah, I'd be scared shitless at the prospect of having to support a woman & an infinite # of kids for the rest of my life, starting possibly as early as 2016. Do the Duggars really have so much faith in the TLC gravy train never drying up? Does the idea that there is already 1 "head of a household" (Benjermin) on the Duggar payroll, and Josiah could soon be another, never trouble JB?

No- they trust that God will never let a gravy train dry up. Eventually TLC will go away but if they live Godly Lives[tm][/tm], God will always provide in someway or another.

Majorie looks about 20 years older than Josiah. Apart from his hairline, but we can't help genetics.

I agree that the military would be a great way for Joshia to build a future. In addition to being able to support a wife and child he would be eligible for GI bill education benefits. He could actually go to college of he wanted too.

One of the biggest benefits is that it would get him out of Tonitown and from under JB's thumb. That's probably one of the main reasons it will never happen.

I am visiting my Army son and he tells me you can join the Army with a GED but it will limit your choice of jobs and your ability to be promoted. There would be no public affairs or Army finance corps for him.

Marjorie's uncle was involved in organized crime (per Radar online). Yawn, -the "scandal."

I really cannot stand when an entire group of people is made to sound guilty by association. The article tries to stir a "Gasp!, what would the Duggars think?" response. Josiah and Marjorie did not just discover the existence of one another in the last month (Uncle died a month before their courtship announcement). I'm pretty sure this would have come up in conversation along the way. Anyhoo, that's the latest.

I really think he meant to do that. He has a fun sense of humor and I could totally see him doing that on purpose.

(Shit I just sounded like a Duggar)

re: GED and the military (I don't know how to quote two people)

I can't believe the military would discriminate against anyone with a GED, for enlistment or even MOS placement (or whatever they call it.) Fundies homeschool for religious reasons, so blocking advancement of a homeschool graduate with GED sounds, well, unconstitutional to me... And unfair. :naughty:

re: the other thread. I vote for "friends with fellowship" - I laughed when I read that one! The Bateses use boyfriend/girlfriend during courtships.

So, I played out the Duggar family on the Sims again, and actually got really far! They've had all 19 by now. Josh through Jason are married off, and there are so many babies I had to do a Fermi calculation to figure how many there were and would be.

...Anyway, I did NOT put Josiah with Marjorie. His character took a really different path. But he did get a really nice house!

I hope Jessa's pregnancy and Jills too, really hits home for Marjorie's parents, make them realize how fast these things go. Are they ready to be grandparents in a year or so?

I hope Jessa's pregnancy and Jills too, really hits home for Marjorie's parents, make them realize how fast these things go. Are they ready to be grandparents in a year or so?

More importantly, they need to consider whether their daughter is ready to be a parent at 18 or 19 and if that is really the best choice for her future. Grandchildren can be a lot of fun--heaven knows my parents enjoyed it, while I, as the surrogate parent in that situation, rolled my eyes at how indulged the boy was. Their feelings about grandchildren are less important than considering what a child this soon would mean for both Marjorie and Josiah.

They have known the Duggars and what they stand for for years now.. if they cared about those considerations they would not have Marjorie in this position in first place.

They have known the Duggars and what they stand for for years now.. if they cared about those considerations they would not have Marjorie in this position in first place.

Unless they are enamored by the fame aspect of it. Or they feel like this is what she wants and they don't want to tell her no.

Hard to tell. It would appear that they are acquainted with family planning of some sort themselves so that is part of their belief system. Unless they are like so many Catholics I know who have an epiphany about contraception and the wonders of NFP right around the time the wife is hitting 40 or so and they have an average sized family with a lower risk of it expanding beyond their means or desire.

re: GED and the military (I don't know how to quote two people)

I can't believe the military would discriminate against anyone with a GED, for enlistment or even MOS placement (or whatever they call it.) Fundies homeschool for religious reasons, so blocking advancement of a homeschool graduate with GED sounds, well, unconstitutional to me... And unfair. :naughty:

re: the other thread. I vote for "friends with fellowship" - I laughed when I read that one! The Bateses use boyfriend/girlfriend during courtships.

I think you are correct. My an enlisted in 2005 and I think the requirements have changed. It seems like today enlistees have to have a GED or HS diploma, and 15 college credits. Of course they also have to do well on the ASVAB to get the best MOSs and my son may be thinking of people he knew with GEDs and not the best test scores.

Of course, no Duggar, male or female, would be allowed to enlist so the point is moot. From the army.com website:

You usually must have a high school diploma or GED along with 15 college credits (classes numbered 101 or higher). To learn how you can earn the 15 college credits to be able to join and have Uncle Sam pay for that education, you should fill out this form. You must also be able to read, write, and understand English well enough to understand the oath and qualify on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test. Your score on the ASVAB test will decide which jobs (Military Occupational Specialties or MOS) you can apply for.

So many teenage parents! God, JB and M could be great grandparents in like 17 or 18 years if IDD follows suit.

So many teenage parents! God, JB and M could be great grandparents in like 17 or 18 years if IDD follows suit.

or less if Mackynzie does...

It's fairly easy to do :)

Ugh. If Kynzie really did have a child at 18, that would be 13 years from now. JB & M would be in their very early sixties and great-grandparents. Holy cannoli!

These people have been involved with the Duggars for years, maybe even long before we heard about them. And, since Analucia teaches the Duggars, I highly doubt she's anything other than another ATI mom. There isn't a doubt in my mind that this entire family knows what a courtship entails, unlike Derick's and Ben's families. They're probably really exited about the idea of their daughter being able to get married early so she can produce more babies.

CAN I GET AN AMEN! the Jacksons are probably aching for a half Duggar child or 10.They are JB's bitches I guarantee you that.

It IS possible to get into the military with just a GED, but each brand only allows a certain percentage per recuitment year.

For the most up-to-date info, you should visit each of the websites for each branch.

Has anyone been able to find out Marjorie's birthday? I'm really curious to know when she turned 17....

....because I just had a thought that she could well have only just turned 17 within the last month, which really makes her younger than she seems.

Archived