IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

I had a friend who did this for her mom years ago, she called it a "flocking." You pay a company to go out to yours or someone else's house, and they plant plastic flamingos all over the lawn. We all had a good laugh because the company is supposed to come back and take the birds after a couple of weeks, but my friend's mom wanted to keep them all. :lol: They let her keep two.

Didn't catch the episode again (maybe when summer finally comes around I'll get caught up on the reruns for this season), but it sounds like TLC just called a flocking company, and then made it look like Sierra and JD did the actual 'work' on it.

So, why does Sierra keep appearing on the show again? She's not a relative, a medical care professional for pregnancies, or a courting prospect. So why is she here, other than to plan parties for free that could be just as easily handled by the adults who should be planning them?

She's like the bearded guy on Kid Farm who is only on the show so he can be close to Jean.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, 200 plastic flamingos? Are they going to recycle those for other gender reveals or are they going to clog up an Arkansas landfill with fugly plastic birds? Who pays for this extravagance and waste? Did TLC pay Sierra for this or JB and J'chelle. I highly doubt that Sierra could have afforded it all on their own. Then to dip flamingos in toxic blue paint so the littles like Michael could experience the thrill of getting paint scrubbed off him, for realzy? Who does crap like this? Thank God it wasn't lead based. Kudos to JD for drilling 5,000 holes in the yard, kind of like Fundie Fracking? The gender reveal just blew my mind, I mean just cut a cake and see if it is pink or blue in the middle already.

As someone who's watched Battlestar Galactica, Fundie Fracking made me laugh really, really hard. Fundie Frakking is the reason this party is even happening.

I had to shake my head when I saw Sierra again. I could only wonder what ridiculous shenanigans she had planned for this dumb jinder reveal party.

Sierra drives me batty. She's definitely going to announce her own party planning business and she is doing all these parties for free publicity. And the flamingos in the winter, Argh!, don't get me started. Maybe she couldn't find 200 storks? I'm betting you can still find that confetti on their floor.

The Flamingos might have been cute for a summer reveal...or if the Flamingo color was the reveal- You know, have 5 flamingos [ 3 blue, 2 pink] and the 6th in a box or covered. But not in the snow-

The Flamingos might have been cute for a summer reveal...or if the Flamingo color was the reveal- You know, have 5 flamingos [ 3 blue, 2 pink] and the 6th in a box or covered. But not in the snow-

I found the plastic flamingo lawn ornaments on Amazon.com for $139.00 for a set of 50. Now since Sierra used 200 she spent $556.00 on fugly plastic birds if she bought them off Amazon. That's $2.78 per display of kitchy mid-century American lawn ornaments. Now she may have a tax code which would allow her to buy wholesale so she may have bought them wholesale to save the difference. Or TLC may have bought them or Duggar, LLC may have written a check. Regardless, that is whole lot of money to spend on plastic birds when children are starving in El Salvador... just sayin'.

I found the plastic flamingo lawn ornaments on Amazon.com for $139.00 for a set of 50. Now since Sierra used 200 she spent $556.00 on fugly plastic birds if she bought them off Amazon. That's $2.78 per display of kitchy mid-century American lawn ornaments. Now she may have a tax code which would allow her to buy wholesale so she may have bought them wholesale to save the difference. Or TLC may have bought them or Duggar, LLC may have written a check. Regardless, that is whole lot of money to spend on plastic birds when children are starving in El Salvador... just sayin'.

Not to mention, there wasn't anyone at that "Gender Reveal" besides the Duggars and Sierra's family. It would be one thing to buy 200 flamingos when you are expecting 150 + guests and want to actually make a big deal of it. Who ever spends that much money and time decorating for a family-only party?

I doubt JB shilled out of his own pocket for those frivolous items, not even for an and COUNTING BLESSING or a tax write off.

Not to mention, there wasn't anyone at that "Gender Reveal" besides the Duggars and Sierra's family. It would be one thing to buy 200 flamingos when you are expecting 150 + guests and want to actually make a big deal of it. Who ever spends that much money and time decorating for a family-only party?

No one- not even the Duggars.

HATED the flamingos. The only good part was the blank "are you kiddin' me?" look on the boys' faces when Sierra whipped a flamingo out of its box and told them the plan: paint 100 flamingos blue and arrange all 200 out in the yard, yay!!

no one in the whole family, including Josh and Anna, could seem to muster any kind of excitement over the stupid flamingos and confetti guns.

If Sierra wants a party planning business, this stupid idea may have ended it before it began.

The looks on all of the kids faces showed how stupid they found the idea. Terrible idea, Terrible party planning, and Sierra just needs to stay the hell off of TV.

Was the visit to the Angel shelter the "business" Josh had to attend to in CA? Has anyone looked into that program? Do they only accept homeless pregnant women who are religious, or are they more inclusive? (I could research this myself, but... I spend my free time on FJ, not the google...) If they are all inclusive, then I am honestly shocked; I just can't see Smuggar supporting that. I'm going to pretend that I actually witnessed Josh and Anna do a good thing, and promote an incredible program which supports struggling women.

Was the visit to the Angel shelter the "business" Josh had to attend to in CA? Has anyone looked into that program? Do they only accept homeless pregnant women who are religious, or are they more inclusive? (I could research this myself, but... I spend my free time on FJ, not the google...) If they are all inclusive, then I am honestly shocked; I just can't see Smuggar supporting that. I'm going to pretend that I actually witnessed Josh and Anna do a good thing, and promote an incredible program which supports struggling women.

The Angel's Way mission statement is to "To provide a loving and nurturing Christian home where pregnant women receive education, counseling and training. To empower each woman to make wise life choices for herself and her baby."

Their operational statements says they accept all women in need regardless of religion, but based on the mission statement, I suspect there is considerable pressure to accept Jesus.

angelswayhome.com/about.html

no one in the whole family, including Josh and Anna, could seem to muster any kind of excitement over the stupid flamingos and confetti guns.

If Sierra wants a party planning business, this stupid idea may have ended it before it began.

The looks on all of the kids faces showed how stupid they found the idea. Terrible idea, Terrible party planning, and Sierra just needs to stay the hell off of TV.

Sierra recently posted something about "her" three brides x, y and z. Someone commented "You got 3 more weddings to do? You're a wedding planner now!!!," which she liked. So I guess she is getting some business out of her appearances on the show. I guess the question is if these couples are paying her or if it's more like the gender reveal, i.e. she called them and offered and they couldn't say no.

IIRC when they went to CA that time they did a pro life event, it just wasn't on the show.

IIRC when they went to CA that time they did a pro life event, it just wasn't on the show.

That's what I was thinking!

Thanks for the info! Knew it was too good to be true.

I believe Sierra's been popping up on the show more often because TLC has deemed her "entertaining." Which, compared to the rest of the non-family in the Duggar circle-which is pracitically non-existent other than the Bates and an occasional Hartono or Query-she's as good as any. It's just so convenient that she wants to market herself as a fundie event planner, with all these significant Duggar happenings occurring in quick succession...

I believe Sierra's been popping up on the show more often because TLC has deemed her "entertaining." Which, compared to the rest of the non-family in the Duggar circle-which is pracitically non-existent other than the Bates and an occasional Hartono or Query-she's as good as any. It's just so convenient that she wants to market herself as a fundie event planner, with all these significant Duggar happenings occurring in quick succession...

I've nothing against event planning or wedding planning, the thought of doing it as a job is really quite entertaining. But I haven't seen anything yet out of Sierra that would convince that she has what it takes to do the "I do". Her ideas come across as cheap and immature. If I were to hire someone and pay good money to do so, I would want something very professional and very polished. Dipping pink flamingos in blue paint and using a power tool to stick them in the ground isn't the polish I'm looking for. I'm enclosing a pic of my niece's baby shower that my sister did for my niece about a year ago.. my sister is a professional event planner and as you can see Sierra couldn't touch my sister with a 10 foot pole. Now I don't expect Sierra to have the level of class that my sister does, my sister has been in the business a long time and she has a lot of her own equipment, linens, embellishments etc... but in order for Sierra to really take this business to the next level and become really successful at it she is going to have to invest a lot of her own money and she is going to have to become more professional and leave the little gimmicks alone. A flamingo themed party is fine to do for friends but IF Sierra is really serious about being an "event" planner she needs to step up her game because there are big dogs out there like my sis who will chew her up and spit her out.

https://www.facebook.com/juliasweddings ... =1&theater

I've nothing against event planning or wedding planning, the thought of doing it as a job is really quite entertaining. But I haven't seen anything yet out of Sierra that would convince that she has what it takes to do the "I do". Her ideas come across as cheap and immature. If I were to hire someone and pay good money to do so, I would want something very professional and very polished. Dipping pink flamingos in blue paint and using a power tool to stick them in the ground isn't the polish I'm looking for. I'm enclosing a pic of my niece's baby shower that my sister did for my niece about a year ago.. my sister is a professional event planner and as you can see Sierra couldn't touch my sister with a 10 foot pole. Now I don't expect Sierra to have the level of class that my sister does, my sister has been in the business a long time and she has a lot of her own equipment, linens, embellishments etc... but in order for Sierra to really take this business to the next level and become really successful at it she is going to have to invest a lot of her own money and she is going to have to become more professional and leave the little gimmicks alone. A flamingo themed party is fine to do for friends but IF Sierra is really serious about being an "event" planner she needs to step up her game because there are big dogs out there like my sis who will chew her up and spit her out.

https://www.facebook.com/juliasweddings ... =1&theater

That's gorgeous. Your sister is very talented at that, definitely professional level.

But the Duggars have to have paper-plate-appropriate themes. :lol:

That's gorgeous. Your sister is very talented at that, definitely professional level.

But the Duggars have to have paper-plate-appropriate themes. :lol:[/quote thanks

I havent seen any new shoes, but funny how humpers complained Amy was trying to ride the coattail of her famous family. This chic and her purpose is interesting.

Anyhow, as far as age difference goes, I'm 91/2 years younger than DH. Except I met him at 26. I do think age makes a difference sometimes. someone 18-20ish with someone 10+ years older can create a power play situation. It's not that way with us since I was a bit older.An 1 yr old is legal but they are on a different level than say a 30 yr old. But in the Fundie world, age doesnt matter since the male is supposed to be the 'head'.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived