IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez (Jill and Jessa’s wedding planner)

JillyO

That's gorgeous. Your sister is very talented at that, definitely professional level.

But the Duggars have to have paper-plate-appropriate themes. :lol:[/quote thanks

I really don't mean to talk bad about Sierra, she does have some good ideas. But merely speculating that if she wants to do this as a real business venture she needs to step up her game. I'd like to see her unleash the big dogs at the next Duggar event she plans. I want to see her on a professional level and to show a lot of class and polish. I think it would be interesting to see her advance to the next level of event planning and if she plays her cards right, who knows she may get her own fundie event planning show from TLC. I'd watch a show about event planning on DIY tips or how to make an event super classy on a budget. Come on Sierra, we know you are reading this.. step it up sistah!!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe Sierra's been popping up on the show more often because TLC has deemed her "entertaining." Which, compared to the rest of the non-family in the Duggar circle-which is pracitically non-existent other than the Bates and an occasional Hartono or Query-she's as good as any. It's just so convenient that she wants to market herself as a fundie event planner, with all these significant Duggar happenings occurring in quick succession...

They do have a lot more friends in the area than what you see on the show. I'm pretty sure Sierra just really wants the media exposure.

I'm sorry. I know that none of the scandal is funny (so many hurt in the past, and now so many having to publicly endure the skeleton falling out of the closet now, and what that means for their current lives.)

BUT...

Does anyone else imagine Sierra pouting, now, over her lost opportunity for more air time? I find her to be a media hog, and I *know* she was thrilled for the chance to establish herself as the first lady of fundie shindigs. Now it's all the can, and I just see a spoiled tantrum, if only in my mind. ;)

I don't mean to be mean but Sierra kind of reminds me of the hook-nose witches from Halloween decorations and the green one from Wizard of Oz. Each time I see her this image comes to my head. I can kind of see her cackling too.

I don't mean to be mean but Sierra kind of reminds me of the hook-nose witches from Halloween decorations and the green one from Wizard of Oz. Each time I see her this image comes to my head. I can kind of see her cackling too.

LOL, I hadn't thought about that. She actually kind of looks like, "If Glenda the good witch and the Wicked witch of the west had a kid." And the howlers,...well, they could be her flying monkeys.

(okay, done being mean now>) :shifty-kitty:

I went to Sierra's FB page today to see if she would come out in support of Josh and Anna. Nothing... absolutely nothing on her page.. I heard crickets while I snooped her page. I fully expected her to be in a leghumping fever over this and expressing her support for the family. Maybe she realizes aligning herself with the Duggar's at this time could hurt her budding event planning aspirations or maybe she is just pissed that her children were in that home and near Josh?

Don't worry, she'll end up with Friend-Moms with the names Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie Duggar. I know we've all assumed those four youngest Duggar girls will have it so much easier than their oldest sisters, but they won't. They will be shipped off to their older brother's and sister's homes to help raise their nieces and nephews and they'll be shipped off to local friend's homes (Sierra and others I'm sure) to help raise their eleventy children. Well, I guess it'll still be a *little* easier than Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger had it since at least those kids won't live with them 24/7 so they'll get some reprieve, but still. Johanna's childhood ends right about now, Jenny will be following shortly. Enjoy it while it lasts, Jordyn and Josie!

Annnnnd count me in as another who assumed Sierra was about 10 years older than she actually is (she looks easily between 32-35 to me). Does having children literally suck the youth out of your body? :o

I hate this. I think you are probably right but I hate it.

The freezer door situation was always mind boggling to me.

I assumed the freezer door situation was purposely made for the camera.

I've worked in a kitchen and you can tell when the walk-in door is shut or not. You need to actually push it until it snaps closed, I'm assuming to stop it from accidentally closing with someone inside (even though they can still get out from inside) Sometimes co-workers would leave it ajar and there was never a problem with the meat thawing.

I have Graves. I was never fidgety, never spoke fast, and my eyes did not have the bugged out look. Couldn't confirm the infertile part by myself, but my sister had Graves as well and had three beautiful kids.

I hate when Free Jinger tries to diagnose people based on a picture.

Very few medical conditions are obvious through photographs. I personally feel that accusing others have having a specific illness should be as off-limits as fundie fan fiction, but that might reduce FJ content by a lot.

I always assumed she bugs her eyes out for emphasis during her shitty stories, and she might think she is cuter than she really is so she keeps doing it.

For me the big question is:

Are those 200 flamingos taking up space in a landfill or gathering dust in a Duggar warehouse?

I'm not wild about Sierra, but I think I would have enjoyed to see her do a show where she plans fundie weddings. I know we saw a bit of it via 19KAC, but I want to know more about what goes into that kind of event. I'd like to see a more honest take on it.

Are those 200 flamingos taking up space in a landfill or gathering dust in a Duggar warehouse?

Oh, I'm sure they're gathering dust in a Duggar warehouse, waiting to be reused again for some Duggar birthday party or other stupid celebration where Sierra isn't available to do the planning and Michelle has to actually plan something.

However, Sierra is Anna's best friend right?

Maybe Sierra hasn't drunk the kool aid so much that she still thinks someone can't be "saved" after doing what Josh has done? Maybe she thinks Anna was a fool to have married him knowing? Or maybe it's just that she doesn't want to tarnish a potential party planning business by speaking out in solidarity of the Duggars.

I'm not wild about Sierra, but I think I would have enjoyed to see her do a show where she plans fundie weddings. I know we saw a bit of it via 19KAC, but I want to know more about what goes into that kind of event. I'd like to see a more honest take on it.

you know I think there is a show in here somewhere. Maybe not on the TLC scale but maybe for UP or a smaller broadcasting network. Sierra could do a DIY party planning on a budget show or something.. only 1/2 hour episodes though, I think I could only handle Sierra in small doses.

IKR? And they let the young boys play in chemical laden paint to turn them blue (just like they let them breathe in tons of spray paint the time the boys used an old shed for a fort.) WTH???

The whole "two HUNDRED" flamingo thing was so TLC directed. I mean, 3 pink and 3 blue or even 1 pink and 1 blue flamingo could not have made the friggin' point?

The flamingo thing, while wasteful (how very duggar!) had the potential to be charming. Too bad it was so poorly executed. Dripping, uneven paint and sparse surroundings of the duggar lot/lawn really ruined it.

Seems like a lot of effort for just immediate family to learn the bender of the many to come Mkids and counting.

Perhaps they could melt them down and mold it into disposable table wear. :dance: :dance:

It very well could be the closest thing to recycling in DigDagDuggarland.

I only really ever saw her on the Flamingo episode. Mt thoughts were she was having a lot of people do a lot of work on a pretty wasteful endeavor. Having said this, I kind of think this sort of drivel could have possibly been the producers manufacturing content to fill an episode. It might be her weird eyes, it might be her seemingly fake enthusiasm for the mundane or it might be the fact she shares a name with a crayola crayon colour, but there is something about her I find extremely annoying.

I don't find her particularly annoying, but I do find her presence strange and superfluous. They clearly wrote Amy out of the show for whatever reason a while back, and it's almost like they tried to replace her with Sierra.

That episode was outright stupid. Those flamingoes looked cheap and tacky. Could someone tell me why everyone was making a huge deal about Michael getting paint on himself. They kept saying over and over again how Anna would be mad. Even Sierra said it when she first spotted him. Why didn't they put him in old clothes, surely the Duggars have small boys clothes somewhere. Also, why would Anna be that mad? Kids get dirty. They get paint on them, shit happens especially with boys, I felt like they were all very nervous and worried about Anna's reaction to the paint...she doesn't strike me as someone who'd have a temper though? She speaks like Michelle all sweet and she doesn't ever seem to lose her shit.

That episode was outright stupid. Those flamingoes looked cheap and tacky. Could someone tell me why everyone was making a huge deal about Michael getting paint on himself. They kept saying over and over again how Anna would be mad. Even Sierra said it when she first spotted him. Why didn't they put him in old clothes, surely the Duggars have small boys clothes somewhere. Also, why would Anna be that mad? Kids get dirty. They get paint on them, shit happens especially with boys, I felt like they were all very nervous and worried about Anna's reaction to the paint...she doesn't strike me as someone who'd have a temper though? She speaks like Michelle all sweet and she doesn't ever seem to lose her shit.

I agree, who paints and doesn't expect to get some paint on them, especially a young child? It goes to my theory of whomever purely manufacturing bad filler content.

I agree, who paints and doesn't expect to get some paint on them, especially a young child? It goes to my theory of whomever purely manufacturing bad filler content.

Sierra in general is bad filler content. She gets these ideas off Pinyerest, but does not execute them in the same way. It comes out tacky with her. Everything she does looks cheap and nasty. The thing is you don't need to have a big budget to make things nice, just a little more effort. She wants to flock the yard? Fine, then plan it earlier so you can have the time to properly paint the flamingoes, or just have less of them done properly instead of 200 done badly. All it does is make her look like a very tacky event planner, and it reflects badly on her as a "business".

Sierra in general is bad filler content. She gets these ideas off Pinyerest, but does not execute them in the same way. It comes out tacky with her. Everything she does looks cheap and nasty. The thing is you don't need to have a big budget to make things nice, just a little more effort. She wants to flock the yard? Fine, then plan it earlier so you can have the time to properly paint the flamingoes, or just have less of them done properly instead of 200 done badly. All it does is make her look like a very tacky event planner, and it reflects badly on her as a "business".

Who are you, new person who makes me laugh over the Internet? :text-welcomeconfetti:

I havent seen any new shoes, but funny how humpers complained Amy was trying to ride the coattail of her famous family. This chic and her purpose is interesting.

Anyhow, as far as age difference goes, I'm 91/2 years younger than DH. Except I met him at 26. I do think age makes a difference sometimes. someone 18-20ish with someone 10+ years older can create a power play situation. It's not that way with us since I was a bit older.An 1 yr old is legal but they are on a different level than say a 30 yr old. But in the Fundie world, age doesnt matter since the male is supposed to be the 'head'.

I'm just under 15 years younger than my husband (14 years, 10 months), and that freaks a lot of people out. The thing is- I was already an adult (with a divorce under my belt) when we met. I had been independent from my parents for years. I do agree that consent with fundies is often questionable due to the enormous power difference. That doesn't make it BETTER, that makes it much, much worse.

It would be like My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding but with the extremes on the other end. I'd watch the heck out of that... Maybe not with Sierra though.

Unless we got Sierra and Sondra Chelli together... that would be a hoot.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived