IGNORED

Sims 4 Duggar Legacy

raw

The amount of snark we're doing on our sims is just fantastic. I love that a lot of us are modeling the headship after Boob! The Kreiders have hit the $100,000 mark (mostly because the women are always writing and from selling the gifts people send since I have celebrity enabled, naturally), which means the women technically don't need to write anymore and I can have Kyle quit his job. Then maybe try out the whole "work for yourself" thing with Kyle.

I wonder if there's a way to start a used car lot in Sims 3 :D That's a very Duggar-like business.

If there isn't a car lot career, there might be a gardening one so he can (sort of) be like Gil Bates with his tree trimming or whatever it is. Then the sons can work with him etc. Very Batesy.

For real. I should have my headship join the political career too since this whole working for himself thing (fishing, collecting gems) isn't working. But right now he has to do some womanly duties and help with the kids.

No idea about Sims 4, I have sims 3.

Oops I confused your post with invisible girl regarding needing cheats on to age up on demand. I have 3 too! I watched a review of 4 on YouTube finally and I don't think I would like it.

The political career is good but not very lucrative so far. My headship's lifetime goal is to have $50k and so far that looks like that won't happen until all the kids are working.

The wife collects scrap and makes inventions in her spare time but since she is pregnant all the time and raising toddlers she has no time to hone her craft. At first local scientists wanted to see her work but when her husband refused she submitted like a good wife. After further pestering by the community he relented because they desperately needed money. They were living in a 0 bedroom home with 4 children and 2 babies right before they could afford to build the second floor.

If there isn't a car lot career, there might be a gardening one so he can (sort of) be like Gil Bates with his tree trimming or whatever it is. Then the sons can work with him etc. Very Batesy.

That is very Batesy! I love that idea.

The amount of snark we're doing on our sims is just fantastic. I love that a lot of us are modeling the headship after Boob! The Kreiders have hit the $100,000 mark (mostly because the women are always writing and from selling the gifts people send since I have celebrity enabled, naturally), which means the women technically don't need to write anymore and I can have Kyle quit his job. Then maybe try out the whole "work for yourself" thing with Kyle.

I wonder if there's a way to start a used car lot in Sims 3 :D That's a very Duggar-like business.

Ooh -- I keep forgetting about the writing option -- once I get some kids grown up I think I'll start a printing ministry :cracking-up:

That is very Batesy! I love that idea.

I wouldn't have to snark on my Sims if they weren't so freaking stupid :lol:

I tried making Billy Bob have a gardening career but it took too long for things to grow. Like I don't have several days for them to have no income. And then some of the plants got attacked and killed by zombies.

The triplets aged up! And oddly, all of the toddler outfits automatically included stripped boots??

The triplets aged up! And oddly, all of the toddler outfits automatically included stripped boots??

Aww little matching outfits for future ALERT-campers

Kreider update!

Kyle has quit his job. They had $100k, so I bought a few properties (a la Jim Bob) to diminish the amount of money they had. I've built a storage unit on the property; instead of selling the gifts people send, I'm putting them in the Holy Storage Unit.

Kate is still a baby making factory. She's not pregnant... yet.

Kayden - kicked out

Kai - twin - kicked out

Kian - twin - kicked out

Kayla - twin - our SAHD. She spends all her time playing the bass.

Keira - twin - courted, got engaged to, and married Cycl0n3 Sw0rd. They moved out.

Kevin - kicked out

Kalee - triplet - courted, got engaged to, and married Connor Frio. They moved out.

Kaine - triplet - kicked out

Karlee - triplet - courted, got engaged to, and married Thornton Wolf. They moved out.

Keegan - twin - still a child

Karolina - twin - still a child

Karl - twin - newborn

Kieran - twin - newborn

Currently, Kyle, Kate, Kayla, Keegan, Karolina, Karl, and Kieran all live at home, which means Kate will soon be expecting again.

13 and counting!

You know you play Sims too much when you imagine the "stir-crazy" moodlet after being stuck in a windowless office all day. I blame FJ, I hadn't played in months!!

Update:

Billy Bob joined the political track to spread the word of the joys of a Quiverfull family. He got crushed by a pile of paperwork and covered in paper cuts on his first day. Poor Billy Bob. He also broke down in tears when zombies ruined his garden and killed almost everything. Damn zombies. I turned off the lunar cycle, so hopefully that's taken care of. Apparently zombies come out at the full moon. Who knew.

Annabelle is not a particularly good helpmeet. She doesn't make herself always available to her husband, even when exhausted. Though after she was no longer cranky she happily returned her husband's advances. She is now pregnant and continues to wear defrauding maternity clothes (a bathing suit!!!)

Albus is now a child but I didn't get to pick his new personality trait (hot-headed...like movie Dumbledore. Still angry about DID YEH PUT YER NAME IN THE GOBLEH OF FIRE thing) due to his difficult up bringing. He got potty trained, what more do these people want? Don't kids raise themselves? I had four toddlers! Albus sleeps in a sleeping bag because his parents can't afford a bed. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

The triplets are toddler-y. Sometimes they scream when they're happut.

Annabelle gave birth (and wet herself during labor. Come on girl, get your shit together) and was home alone with the toddlers (whose birthday is today, so yay). Welcome to the world, Elphias!

I know I'm a couple days late to the game but I started my own Duggar Legacy in Sims. I have decided on two additional rules: 1. Teen girls will be the primary caregivers of the toddlers and 2. any time a teen misbehaves (pulls a prank) they'll be sent to ALERT (Fort Starch Military School) if they're a male or Journey to the Heart (School of Peace and Love) if they're a female for a couple days.

So anyeay here are the Stephensons. They live on a farm in Appaloosa plains. We have husband Nathaniel, wife Lynn, and the children Nathan, Nelson and Nora with another on the way. Although since I took this screen shot the baby was born and named Neil, Nora become a toddler, Nathan became a child, and Lynn is pregnant again.

ijcJOGW.jpg

• Upvote 1

Update:

Albus is a teen!

The triplets and Elphibias are children, triplets are aging up today!

There is a new baby, Fred! He's aging up today too!!

There is an age gap to busy parents refusing to WooHoo. Lol. They're on vacation and left Albus to take care of everyone. Gonna make the triplets all get jobs, like Albus. Then with two teen daughters to take care of children I'm hoping for another set of multiples (once the parents return from vacation and woohoo)

Can anyone help me with mods? I downloaded a nod to remove the household limit and then went I went to my game the sim panel disappeared. I looked up solutions online and it said to go to edit town, and now I can't get out of edit town on that game and the house my family lives in shows up as empty. If I go to the households I've created panel in edit town just the parents show up, none of the kids. Deleting the mods didn't help.

Can anyone help me with mods? I downloaded a nod to remove the household limit and then went I went to my game the sim panel disappeared. I looked up solutions online and it said to go to edit town, and now I can't get out of edit town on that game and the house my family lives in shows up as empty. If I go to the households I've created panel in edit town just the parents show up, none of the kids. Deleting the mods didn't help.

Oh nooo. This is why I'm a scaredy cat of mods. On vacation and want to play the sims when I get home now that I'm reading this again haha

Can't help fix it though

The only mods I will touch are Twallan's NRAAS -- anything else is poison as far as I'm concerned. But you can do pretty much anything you want with MasterController and StoryProgression (I also use Overwatch and Saver).

The only mods I will touch are Twallan's NRAAS -- anything else is poison as far as I'm concerned. But you can do pretty much anything you want with MasterController and StoryProgression (I also use Overwatch and Saver).

Yeah I downloaded and successfully installed NRAAS MasterController (though after screwing it up the first time I had to start my family over :( ).

Love this thread! I used to play TS2 until my daughter went away to college & took it with her - 6 years ago.

No desktop anymore so I downloaded Sims Freeplay to an old phone and I'm trying to start a QF family. I don't know if it will be possible on Freeplay, but I'm giving it a shot. It might take all summer.

Travis & Tammy Tucker have no idea what hell I have in store for them...

With the mod that allows you to have more than 8 sims in a household you have to "pollinate," right? I totally accidentally pollinated Billy Bob. Whoops.

Also I can't get the game to let me sign the kids up for homeschool. Grrr.

With the mod that allows you to have more than 8 sims in a household you have to "pollinate," right? I totally accidentally pollinated Billy Bob. Whoops.

Also I can't get the game to let me sign the kids up for homeschool. Grrr.

I sent my kids off to regular school. Too bad the Sims doesn't have a homeschool expansion pack haha. That would be entertaining: new tutoring job, new homeschool furniture, can go to other people's houses or host homeschool in your home, field trips, and the ability to buy homeschool supplies at the bookstore

• 2 weeks later...

Quick post from viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18420

I made the actual Duggars. The girls are all teens/young adults but that just means they're ready to be courted and have children! And the M & JB (who are also in my Duggar household) can have more children!

03-31-15_3-44nbspPM.png

Beautiful Jana

03-31-15_3-44nbspPM-2.png

Jill, with a shirt that says "It's up to US", seemed like a shirt she would wear.

03-31-15_3-44nbspPM-3.png

I also gave her the biggest eyes :pink-shock:

03-31-15_3-45nbspPM.png

Jessa. (My favorite) In sandals, of course.

03-31-15_3-45nbspPM-2.png

Jinger. She's a little darker than her sisters, only because of the constant tans. She's also wearing cute boat shoes and a cap.

03-31-15_3-45nbspPM-3.png

Joy-Anna. With the same shirt Jill has. Reminds me of their "Roe v Wade" shirt.

If any of you would like to download them they're under "Duggar", my username is kingxing.

(or check the hashtag #freejinger)

Love this thread! I used to play TS2 until my daughter went away to college & took it with her - 6 years ago.

No desktop anymore so I downloaded Sims Freeplay to an old phone and I'm trying to start a QF family. I don't know if it will be possible on Freeplay, but I'm giving it a shot. It might take all summer.

Travis & Tammy Tucker have no idea what hell I have in store for them...

How do you like Freeplay? I would love to try it!

• 3 weeks later...

What mod are you using?

I use nraas master controller (and story progression and woohooer though i'm not sure if they're necessary for more than 8 sims) along with portrait panel and I have no problems.

You should make sure you have portrait panel too because otherwise the panel won't work properly with more than 8 sims.

Update on the Stephensons.

I didn't take another photo but they're now at parents Nathaniel and Lynn, children Nathan, Nelson, and Nora, toddlers Neil and Nina, and newborn twins Nicolas and Nicole. I'm going to give them a day or two break from breeding to give the older kids time to age into teens. Lynn needs help with all these babies! Nathan and Nelson might actually have to do girl work until their slave/sister becomes old enough to help with future children.

7 babies down, 12 to go!