IGNORED

Sims 4 Duggar Legacy

raw

So I just started a family a little while ago.

I thought I had made two teens. Instead, I made a teen and a young adult which explained why the game let me move them into a house without parents... One was already an adult.

As soon as Karissa hit 18, she and John were married. It didn't take long. They also got pregnant right away. As soon as she had the first bit which I named Thomas, it was off to the bedroom to get pregnant a second time. Three days later, Katelynn arrived and Thomas was a child. (I miss the toddler stage)

A neighbor was visiting so I left her downstairs to watch the kids and impregnated Karissa a third time.

This is gonna be interesting. Back to back babies will be fun to watch.

• Upvote 2

EA have officially removed gender boundaries for the Sims. Guys can wear skirts and girls can wear boy clothes and guys can have long hair etc. I'm sure our fundie Sims would be outraged! :P It'll provide more options for modest t-shirts for the ladies, though.

BRB off to create a hot bearded dude in a skirt

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

EA have officially removed gender boundaries for the Sims. Guys can wear skirts and girls can wear boy clothes and guys can have long hair etc. I'm sure our fundie Sims would be outraged! :P It'll provide more options for modest t-shirts for the ladies, though.

Ooh that's actually reaaaaaally handy.

Apparently Sims 4 toddlers are maybe finally coming this year... probably in a Generations expansion pack or similar. I CANNOT WAIT.

42 minutes ago, withaj said:

Ooh that's actually reaaaaaally handy.

Apparently Sims 4 toddlers are maybe finally coming this year... probably in a Generations expansion pack or similar. I CANNOT WAIT.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Definitely exciting that they're doing this. Unfortunately from what I've seen the conversions are rather lacking in the quality department. I guess it's true to EA form:

Spoiler

EKE2goy.jpg

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.

No official announcement, but they are not releasing as much so far this year, which speaks to something big going on. And the mods stickied a thread for toddler suggestions in the official forums. I can't get excited about playing again until we get toddlers... AND THEN I WILL PLAY ALL THE LIVE-LONG DAY.

1 minute ago, withaj said:

No official announcement, but they are not releasing as much so far this year, which speaks to something big going on. And the mods stickied a thread for toddler suggestions in the official forums. I can't get excited about playing again until we get toddlers... AND THEN I WILL PLAY ALL THE LIVE-LONG DAY.

I have to admit, having no toddlers is slightly easier with a fundie family. Trying to teach triplets to walk, talk and use the potty is damn hard. But toddlers are cute. Wonder if they'll have some kind of headband thing for toddlers? It's a fundie staple.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I have to admit, having no toddlers is slightly easier with a fundie family. Trying to teach triplets to walk, talk and use the potty is damn hard. But toddlers are cute. Wonder if they'll have some kind of headband thing for toddlers? It's a fundie staple.

It is definitely easier, but unrealistic! Also multiple toddlers can get pretty comical.

Question: playing Sims 3 again. Do you think it'd be acceptable for our fundie ladies to maybe have a daycare? If they had their own toddlers to look after that could make things quite challenging. 

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Question: playing Sims 3 again. Do you think it'd be acceptable for our fundie ladies to maybe have a daycare? If they had their own toddlers to look after that could make things quite challenging. 

I would think it's fine. If it were me I would only have the daughters run it though. Can't have my sim version of michelle actually taking care of children.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I would think it's fine. If it were me I would only have the daughters run it though. Can't have my sim version of michelle actually taking care of children.

That's true. The mum is the one nominally designated as the caregiver but the daughters do the work. And it's the mum who gets the credit and pay. Perfect!!

• Upvote 2

Back to Sims 4. Letitia Harper has had her second child, another boy. He's called Billy. Alex was a chubby kid when he grew up but I gave him the Insta Lean potion so he's now rail thin. Hopefully there'll be some girls soon for sister mom purposes. Maybe I can use the strawberries trick... It's not leaving things to God- but wait, I am playing God in this! I have control! *insert evil laugh here*

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright I played a bit of my Sims 3 family. I'm now at 12 children. My game is doing surprisingly well at having 14 sims in one household. I'm going to keep them all at home until my game can't handle it anymore! Then I'll move the kid adults out. Anyway current kid lineup goes as:

Charlie: Teen. One day away from being an adult. He's also in ALERT (military part time job).

Christina: Teen. Twin of Catherine. Buddy leader of Caleb and Connor.

Catherine: Teen. Twin of Christina. Buddy leader of Callie and Carl.

Cole: Teen. Also in ALERT.

Candace: Teen. Buddy leader of Chloe and Cayden.

Colleen: Just became a teen. She's studying midwifery (medical part time job) and is the main chores doer.

Callie: Child. Buddy of Catherine. 

Caleb: Child. Buddy of Christina.

Carl: Toddler. Twin of Chloe. Buddy of Catherine. Originally named Cayden but I changed my mind.

Chloe: Toddler Twin of Carl. Buddy of Candace.

Connor: Toddler. Buddy of Christina.

Cayden: Infant. Buddy of Candace. Technically the second Cayden since that's what Carl was originally named.

And of course Helen is pregnant again and it's another boy! I think this one will be named Casper.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, withaj said:

@TuringMachine, I'm impressed with how organized you are -- buddy teams and everything! My Duggar legacy households always end up being a free-for-all. 

Thanks! I decided to do it because I wanted the teens to do most of the child rearing and house work so my Michelle could focus on writing books and such.  It helped a lot to just assign a toddler to one of the teen girls.  I guess I understand why the real Michelle did it haha.  My sim Michelle does take care of the youngest baby if there are no available teens.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Thanks! I decided to do it because I wanted the teens to do most of the child rearing and house work so my Michelle could focus on writing books and such.  It helped a lot to just assign a toddler to one of the teen girls.  I guess I understand why the real Michelle did it haha.  My sim Michelle does take care of the youngest baby if there are no available teens.

You've emboldened me! I'm starting a new legacy in Sims 3. Appaloosa Plains seemed the best fit. We'll see how this goes...

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2016 at 6:41 PM, withaj said:

You've emboldened me! I'm starting a new legacy in Sims 3. Appaloosa Plains seemed the best fit. We'll see how this goes...

Do it! Appaloosa Plains is a great fit. I choose it initially but then I switched to a custom world.

Here are some photos of the property I made for them:

Screenshot-29.jpgScreenshot-32.jpgScreenshot-33.jpgScreenshot-30.jpgScreenshot-31.jpg

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Damn, @TuringMachine, you're amazing at playing The Sims.

Right????

So I don't think I can match @TuringMachine in Sims organization, but I've started my family.

Ruth and Hiram Hooper are the parents. I've decided against the 1-letter name theme. Instead, I'm using Puritan virtue names alphabetically. So far: Amity, Be-Steadfast, and twins Charity and Chastity. I am pretty stupidly excited about this.

I forgot how long things take in TS3! I miss the superspeed feature in Sims 4 that zooms through the night :( But toddlers! Toddlers are so worth it.

• Upvote 3

Just now, withaj said:

Right????

So I don't think I can match @TuringMachine in Sims organization, but I've started my family.

Ruth and Hiram Hooper are the parents. I've decided against the 1-letter name theme. Instead, I'm using Puritan virtue names alphabetically. So far: Amity, Be-Steadfast, and twins Charity and Chastity. I am pretty stupidly excited about this.

I forgot how long things take in TS3! I miss the superspeed feature in Sims 4 that zooms through the night :( But toddlers! Toddlers are so worth it.

If you're lost for an H name, Heistheway comes to mind :P

• Upvote 5

Just now, theinvisiblegirl said:

If you're lost for an H name, Heistheway comes to mind :P

Where do you think I got my inspiration? :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Damn, @TuringMachine, you're amazing at playing The Sims.

:text-thankyouyellow: It's because I play a lot lol. Like a lot a lot.

2 minutes ago, withaj said:

Love it!  I'm considering Charity for a future girls name since I'm going with a C theme.

• Upvote 2

Gah. My laptop decided to fuck up- Blue Screen of Death. WAH!

Letitia gave birth to twins Callie and Darcey in my Sims 4 game.

I'm half tempted to create a new neighbourhood and start a new fundie family in Sims 3. Hmm.

21 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Gah. My laptop decided to fuck up- Blue Screen of Death. WAH!

Letitia gave birth to twins Callie and Darcey in my Sims 4 game.

I'm half tempted to create a new neighbourhood and start a new fundie family in Sims 3. Hmm.

That's what I finally decided to do. Toddlers and bunkbeds, man. I'm all about them. I love a lot about Sims 4, but...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, withaj said:

That's what I finally decided to do. Toddlers and bunkbeds, man. I'm all about them. I love a lot about Sims 4, but...

Yes. I'm really liking this challenge in sims 3 man. The only thing I wish I had were these beds I had back in sims 2. They had no footprint and their height was adjustable so you could just stack them. Triple bunk beds were totally doable with them.  The only downside was that they didn't have proper animations. Sims would just do the getting into bed animation at standard height then teleport to the proper bed. Still worth it though.