IGNORED

Sims 4 Duggar Legacy

raw

You're making me crave the sims again! I became busy and managed to control my addiction haha

I made the teen stage the longest to maximize my sister mom time but I think it is keeping me from having a millions kids. Conundrum

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really a legacy player, but I have done some "fundie" families on The Sims 3.

The first one was the Conners family. The parents were called Adam and Eve and the initial for the kids was A. I also used the watermelons hack to only get girls. I had ten children before the game went weird: Alice, Anne-Marie, Amelia, Amanda, Aurelia, Abigail, Annabel, Ashley and Adelaide. Amelia and Amanda were twins, I think, and Abigail, Annabel and Ashley were triplets.

The next one was the Jessops. The parents were Richard and someone (forgot the name LOL) and they had Emily, Evelyn, Emma, Ella, Elliot, Ethan and Eliza. Emily married and had about 3/4 kids (Amalia, Nicholas and Faye- not sure about the other kid). I deleted both this family and the Connerses.

There's another "fundie" family I've got going on now, but since I haven't played them in a while (I've got a few saves, different neighbourhoods, and I'm not playing the fundies right now) I forgot their names. Maybe I should play them again and jog my memory...

When I see what a Sim's favourite colour is, I make ALL their clothes have that colour, or at least the t-shirt- useful when there are loads of kids and they look the same and I need to differentiate.

I keep the modest clothing rule, but formal outfits for women are oddly hard. When they get married I do let them wear a strapless gown *shock horror* but only because there's no better alternative (there are modest options but these are too casual for a wedding). And after the ceremony I change it to something more modest :lol:

Mostly themes for names are the one-initial one, alphabetical (eg Alice, Ben, Clarissa, Daniel etc) or Biblical.

Looks like this thread made it's way onto simsecret.

H81xoA3.png

Full post here:

simsecret.livejournal.com/233032.html#cutid1

• 2 weeks later...

Just started a new fundie family. Emily and Mark Ashford. They have one child so far, baby Michael. Name theme is Biblical names... I went onto a baby names site and found 24 Biblical boys' names and 24 girls' names. I doubt I'll have 48 kids, but they can be used for generation #3 I guess :D Emily's Lifetime Wish is to become a One Sim Band (i.e. master all musical skills) and has Level 4 piano and level 3 (I think) Guitar. She also has Level 3 Cooking.

I did use the motherlode cheat to build up a nice house... only the burglar came and stole my fucking stove. Bastard. I don't particularly want to use another money cheat so I'm just saving money to buy one...

Mark is a wannabe politician. Fits in nicely seeing as how there's a tradition of politics in fundiedom.

Looks like this thread made it's way onto simsecret.

H81xoA3.png

Full post here:

simsecret.livejournal.com/233032.html#cutid1

That's my family :D *page 3*

This is a great challenge, I've been playing Sims since the beginning. I play Sims 4, but am using 3 for this since the family options are much more extensive.

My fundie family is the Dudders! Dad Billy-Bo and mom Jazznellie. They are newlyweds who just landed their own reality show because they are leaving their family size up to TL..er..I mean GOD! They just finished building their TTH and can't wait to get started on those blessings!!!

LCVGdYM.jpg

NRpmiCs.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just started a new fundie family. Emily and Mark Ashford. They have one child so far, baby Michael. Name theme is Biblical names... I went onto a baby names site and found 24 Biblical boys' names and 24 girls' names. I doubt I'll have 48 kids, but they can be used for generation #3 I guess :D Emily's Lifetime Wish is to become a One Sim Band (i.e. master all musical skills) and has Level 4 piano and level 3 (I think) Guitar. She also has Level 3 Cooking.

I did use the motherlode cheat to build up a nice house... only the burglar came and stole my fucking stove. Bastard. I don't particularly want to use another money cheat so I'm just saving money to buy one...

Mark is a wannabe politician. Fits in nicely seeing as how there's a tradition of politics in fundiedom.

Aaaaaand Emily gave birth to triplets. (Yeah, I gave both parents Fertility Treatment). Having four toddlers in the house at once: not easy. Michael has learnt to walk and is partway through potty training. He has two days left of toddlerhood. The new kids are Naomi, James and Peter. The boys' room is getting fairly cramped. I also moved all the kids' toys to the living room. There's not much else in there besides a bookcase, a sofa and musical instruments. (I did have a *sinful* TV, but sold it hehehe. Emily mostly used it for Cooking skill gain). I also built a weddings lot in the town, with an outdoor and an indoor options. It will be used often. :lol:

Aaaaaand Emily gave birth to triplets. (Yeah, I gave both parents Fertility Treatment). Having four toddlers in the house at once: not easy. Michael has learnt to walk and is partway through potty training. He has two days left of toddlerhood. The new kids are Naomi, James and Peter. The boys' room is getting fairly cramped. I also moved all the kids' toys to the living room. There's not much else in there besides a bookcase, a sofa and musical instruments. (I did have a *sinful* TV, but sold it hehehe. Emily mostly used it for Cooking skill gain). I also built a weddings lot in the town, with an outdoor and an indoor options. It will be used often. :lol:

I switched back to Sims 4 and I have to say, I hate that there isn't a toddler life stage, but it is definitely easier when your 4 under 4 are a baby and 3 "children" :lol:

How do you like Freeplay? I would love to try it!

Freeplay was way too glitchy on my old Android and I gave up after about a month. Freeplay is fun, but it is a game - you have to complete quests in order to unlock content and more quests. Woohooing doesn't make babies, you have to buy them with lifestyle points (LP), and you earn LP by completing quests and tasks or buy them with real $ in the store. Need LP to get married too. Limited number of Sims in a household. Didn't work for what I was trying to do.

This is a great challenge, I've been playing Sims since the beginning. I play Sims 4, but am using 3 for this since the family options are much more extensive.

My fundie family is the Dudders! Dad Billy-Bo and mom Jazznellie. They are newlyweds who just landed their own reality show because they are leaving their family size up to TL..er..I mean GOD! They just finished building their TTH and can't wait to get started on those blessings!!!

LCVGdYM.jpg

NRpmiCs.jpg

Your tth is awesome! Any shots of what it looks like on the inside?

I switched back to Sims 4 and I have to say, I hate that there isn't a toddler life stage, but it is definitely easier when your 4 under 4 are a baby and 3 "children" :lol:

Oh, definitely! I've had a fair few sets of triplets before and training them all to walk/talk/potty is not easy. I try as much as possible and aim for at least two skills to be done. I don't get to pick their traits, but at least the traits are fairly decent and I can always change them later with a Lifetime Reward. It'll also be easier later on, in case I get triplets again and there will (hopefully) be a teen or two around to help out. I'm going to wait for a bit before having Mark and Emily WooHoo again, and that time it'll likely be twins (because of the Fertility Treatment and the fact that I have six Sims already, and of course the max is 8.) I'm tempted to give Michael the Heavy Sleeper trait when he grows up. Otherwise he'll just wake up in the night, which is basically for nothing since he won't be able to help out with his siblings.

Oh man, I used to play legacy challenges all the time, back when livejournal was still a thing lol. I played the Sims 2 then, though I've upgraded to Sims 3 now. (4 has too many negative check marks against it for me to risk trying it... especially with how expensive it remains.)

I will definitely be trying this soon! I need to get those 8+ and homeschooling mods first though!

Some of you guys have hilarious games going, and I've followed a few tumblrs I found reading through.

Oh man, I used to play legacy challenges all the time, back when livejournal was still a thing lol. I played the Sims 2 then, though I've upgraded to Sims 3 now. (4 has too many negative check marks against it for me to risk trying it... especially with how expensive it remains.)

I will definitely be trying this soon! I need to get those 8+ and homeschooling mods first though!

Some of you guys have hilarious games going, and I've followed a few tumblrs I found reading through.

I recommend Nraas Master Controller plus Portrait Panel for 8+ (master controller allows for more than 8 and portrait panel makes you able to control all 8+ of them) and then for homeschooling get Nraas's careers mod with the school module.

I recommend Nraas Master Controller plus Portrait Panel for 8+ (master controller allows for more than 8 and portrait panel makes you able to control all 8+ of them) and then for homeschooling get Nraas's careers mod with the school module.

Yep, those are what I used when I was playing TS3, with the exception of the homeschooling -- I was happy to get the kids out of the house for most of the day :lol: I just pretended they were going to a homeschool-sharing program.

I've started a new TS4 family and decided I would have a painter mom and writer dad -- my own little Sims version of a printing ministry :lol: technically Mom is still a SAHM, just using her painting to glorify the Lord... I'm all about taking advantage of loopholes. I'm not modding TS4 yet so won't be able to have more than 8 per household -- think I'll move a sistermom next door with a bunch of the kids eventually.

Thanks TuringMachine! I'll get on those right away so I can create havoc soon. >3 Unfortunately I'm moving in a few days so I probably won't get very far very quickly, but I've been thinking about playing all day!

withaj: I'm something of a micromanager, so I like having all my sims around to control. There's nothing more irritating than a sim who has to go to work or school and is starving/needs to pee and there's an angry red box on the left hand side. We'll see how well I can micromanage with more than 8 in the house though, it's been a while since I've done that.

Thanks TuringMachine! I'll get on those right away so I can create havoc soon. >3 Unfortunately I'm moving in a few days so I probably won't get very far very quickly, but I've been thinking about playing all day!

withaj: I'm something of a micromanager, so I like having all my sims around to control. There's nothing more irritating than a sim who has to go to work or school and is starving/needs to pee and there's an angry red box on the left hand side. We'll see how well I can micromanage with more than 8 in the house though, it's been a while since I've done that.

In TS4 it is a snap to switch back and forth between households, unlike TS3 which was a nightmare. Obviously I won't be able to keep as close an eye on them as I would if I could control all of them individually all the time... but I lose track of some of their needs when I only have 6-8, too, so I'll see how it works! Hopefully I'll be able to get the kids in the 2nd household through school with less supervision (jobs are obviously harder because of goals and promotions) and then move whoever I decide I want to play as adults in that generation in to the same house together.

I managed to age Michael into a child! I usually Age Up when the kid is still officially 1 day away. On that final day I managed to finish potty training and talking (he was already halfway through potty training, and thankfully it doesn't take long in Sims 3- it always takes FOR EVER in Sims 2 so usually I use the SmartMilk and that helmet thing for adult Sims that increases their teaching ability or whatnot, and if they don't have enough Aspiration Points I usually cheat). When he grew up he was wearing very short shorts and had a rebellious sticky-up hairdo so of course I changed his clothes :lol: Teaching the triplets will be fun. Soon I'm going to get Emily knocked up again. She'll likely have twins this time, and I'm hoping for at least one more girl so that Naomi isn't lonely in her bedroom.

Oh, and I've also created another fundie family, with three kids. The oldest kid is a girl... yeah, I'm planning for her and Michael to become good friends as kids (a purely Christ-honouring relationship, don't panic, there will be chaperones) and then I'll get them to court. I also wrote out some courtship rules.

Question: what should I do about prom? Teens usually like to go, and it's fairly easy to get a modest outfit for the girl, but occasionally they gain a Romantic Interest... should I just let it happen and then get them to break up, or what? "Sorry, you're nice and all, but I only court girls and go ahead if we're compatible for marriage." IDK...

I managed to age Michael into a child! I usually Age Up when the kid is still officially 1 day away. On that final day I managed to finish potty training and talking (he was already halfway through potty training, and thankfully it doesn't take long in Sims 3- it always takes FOR EVER in Sims 2 so usually I use the SmartMilk and that helmet thing for adult Sims that increases their teaching ability or whatnot, and if they don't have enough Aspiration Points I usually cheat). When he grew up he was wearing very short shorts and had a rebellious sticky-up hairdo so of course I changed his clothes :lol: Teaching the triplets will be fun. Soon I'm going to get Emily knocked up again. She'll likely have twins this time, and I'm hoping for at least one more girl so that Naomi isn't lonely in her bedroom.

Oh, and I've also created another fundie family, with three kids. The oldest kid is a girl... yeah, I'm planning for her and Michael to become good friends as kids (a purely Christ-honouring relationship, don't panic, there will be chaperones) and then I'll get them to court. I also wrote out some courtship rules.

Question: what should I do about prom? Teens usually like to go, and it's fairly easy to get a modest outfit for the girl, but occasionally they gain a Romantic Interest... should I just let it happen and then get them to break up, or what? "Sorry, you're nice and all, but I only court girls and go ahead if we're compatible for marriage." IDK...

I would let them go to prom, let them form a romantic attachment if that's how the game proceeds, and just treat it as a courtship -- you know, "Everyone ELSE thinks my precious Michael has a girlfriend, but WE know better and it's really a Christ-honoring marriage-evaluating courtship."

Edited because spelling is important.

I would let them go to prom, let them form a romantic attachment if that's how the game proceeds, and just treat it as a courtship -- you know, "Everyone ELSE thinks my precious Michael has a girlfriend, but WE know better and it's really a Christ-honoring marriage-evaluating courtship."

Edited because spelling is important.

Yeah, OK, good idea. They often just form a romantic interest and then nothing happens, and I break them up later. I usually create another Sim for my current Sim to date/court then marry.

Also: Emily has had two more children, Grace and John. Poor Naomi finally has another sister, and the boys gain yet another roommate. The triplets also aged up. I taught them at least two skills, including all of them learning to talk. They didn't Age perfectly, but at least they got decent traits.

Michael is now Good Friends with the child Sim I designed to eventually be his courting partner/wife, Alice Lynch. She comes from a smaller family than he does; she's only got 2 siblings, twins called Amelia and Amanda. She tells Michael she wished the Lord would give her mom more babies, but her parents are just praying and waiting on God's plan and timing right now.

I decided to start a Tumblr on the Ashfords. It contains some photos. (I also use the account to occasionally reblog stuff from wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/, so you can ignore those posts. I think I'll primarily use it to document the Ashfords now.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/drpeppertheguineapig

• 2 weeks later...

Toddler skills took so long to teach in Sims 3

Honestly sometimes back when I was still playing Sims 2 I would just give up and just cheat with the sim blender to give them all the toddler skills. :shrug:

Toddler skills took so long to teach in Sims 3

Honestly sometimes back when I was still playing Sims 2 I would just give up and just cheat with the sim blender to give them all the toddler skills. :shrug:

I think they took longer in Sims 2- was that a typo? (Sorry for being picky)

I haven't played the Ashfords recently. Alice asked Michael to prom, though. It may *seem* a little unorthodox, but Emily and Mark are fine with it, as they're just friends for now, and they're going purely as friends. I have noticed that a first kiss *can* happen at prom. I'll just have to hope it doesn't. If it does, IDK. Maybe I'll just treat it as a silly mistake and have Michael do all the chores.

"I'm sorry, Mom, I know it was stupid, it was just a stupid mistake!"

"Hmm. It's not good, but I'll forgive you if you do all the chores for a while. I'm sure God will forgive you if you pray. We humans are bound to make mistakes; we are born sinners."

As an aside, I was playing with one of my other save games yesterday. Background: I planned to have the guy build up a perfect garden, all harvestables at Perfect, so I set the weather to be permanently Summer. Mom is Alison and Dad is Matthew. They had twins Jessica and Cassidy. Jessica married a guy called Tom and Cassidy married a guy called James. Both have one son; Jessica's is Alex and Cassidy's is Henry. Cassidy is really sporty, and I wanted her to master Martial Arts. I sent her off to China to buy a board breaker and training dummy and had just gone back when my laptop froze, everything shut down... all because Windows wanted to install some bloody updates. FFS. I lost a load of my game. Stupid Windows.

I've realised I've got commitment issues. LOL

I put the Sims 4 on the pc for the kids; started playing myself. And now I've got a family of 2 parents; 1 teen daughter, 1 child daughter and 3 child sons.

And I'm bored with them already.

I think they took longer in Sims 2- was that a typo? (Sorry for being picky)

I haven't played the Ashfords recently. Alice asked Michael to prom, though. It may *seem* a little unorthodox, but Emily and Mark are fine with it, as they're just friends for now, and they're going purely as friends. I have noticed that a first kiss *can* happen at prom. I'll just have to hope it doesn't. If it does, IDK. Maybe I'll just treat it as a silly mistake and have Michael do all the chores.

"I'm sorry, Mom, I know it was stupid, it was just a stupid mistake!"

"Hmm. It's not good, but I'll forgive you if you do all the chores for a while. I'm sure God will forgive you if you pray. We humans are bound to make mistakes; we are born sinners."

As an aside, I was playing with one of my other save games yesterday. Background: I planned to have the guy build up a perfect garden, all harvestables at Perfect, so I set the weather to be permanently Summer. Mom is Alison and Dad is Matthew. They had twins Jessica and Cassidy. Jessica married a guy called Tom and Cassidy married a guy called James. Both have one son; Jessica's is Alex and Cassidy's is Henry. Cassidy is really sporty, and I wanted her to master Martial Arts. I sent her off to China to buy a board breaker and training dummy and had just gone back when my laptop froze, everything shut down... all because Windows wanted to install some bloody updates. FFS. I lost a load of my game. Stupid Windows.

:doh: Yup that was a typo. I did mean sims 2.

Some advice for your other save, you can avoid going to China to get the martial arts stuff by using buydebug if you want (you have to use testingcheatsenabled true first for it to work). And if you want to still have other seasons you an use planters to have an indoor garden.

:doh: Yup that was a typo. I did mean sims 2.

Some advice for your other save, you can avoid going to China to get the martial arts stuff by using buydebug if you want (you have to use testingcheatsenabled true first for it to work). And if you want to still have other seasons you an use planters to have an indoor garden.

Yep, I've done the buydebug thing before. I've also used it to create a martial arts academy for my home neighbourhood :D

In other news, the triplets are close to being teenagers. Naomi can finally be a sister-mom. Oh, and my headphones died (the bit that actually goes into the laptop got bent).