IGNORED

Sims 4 Duggar Legacy

raw

47 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Yes. I'm really liking this challenge in sims 3 man. The only thing I wish I had were these beds I had back in sims 2. They had no footprint and their height was adjustable so you could just stack them. Triple bunk beds were totally doable with them.  The only downside was that they didn't have proper animations. Sims would just do the getting into bed animation at standard height then teleport to the proper bed. Still worth it though.

Teleport??? What evil Godless sorcery is this?? I hope your Sims prayed and repented for their sins. 

• Upvote 3

I managed to get all the kids in one room. Unfortunatley truing to get them all, or well any, to look forward was impossible. Oh well. From left to right: Cole, Caleb, Candace, Catherine, Colleen, Christina, Callie, Charlie holding baby Cayden. Then there's Chloe, Carl, and Connor on the floor.

Screenshot-100.jpg

• Upvote 3

Teleport??? What evil Godless sorcery is this?? I hope your Sims prayed and repented for their sins. 

Hope your sims have a prayer closet!

• Upvote 1

Now that's an idea.

You can put them in there and remove the door until they are properly repentant!

• Upvote 1

Just now, CrazyCatLady said:

You can put them in there and remove the door until they are properly repentant!

I might just lock/unlock it as needed... CONSTRUCTION IS TOO MUCH EFFORT

• Upvote 2

OK, I don't know how people take care of this many kids in real life -- and I'm only up to 6! Amity, Be-Steadfast, Charity, Chastity, Deliverance, and Electa. There are definitely a ton of parking lot ice cream receptions in their future. Hiram and Ruth are praying for another son to be a Leader Of His Siblings(tm).

Hilariously, Charity, due to her "difficult upbringing," aged up to child with the "mooch" trait. :pb_lol:

It's basically a shitshow all the time. I'll see if I can get an illustrative screenshot next time things go south. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, withaj said:

OK, I don't know how people take care of this many kids in real life -- and I'm only up to 6! Amity, Be-Steadfast, Charity, Chastity, Deliverance, and Electa. There are definitely a ton of parking lot ice cream receptions in their future. Hiram and Ruth are praying for another son to be a Leader Of His Siblings(tm).

Hilariously, Charity, due to her "difficult upbringing," aged up to child with the "mooch" trait. :pb_lol:

It's basically a shitshow all the time. I'll see if I can get an illustrative screenshot next time things go south. 

Which one is the boy?

On 6/27/2016 at 11:12 PM, CrazyCatLady said:

Hope your sims have a prayer closet!

Well now I have to make one. I know exactly where to put it too.  This is good since I've been struggling with what to do with my teens who pull pranks.  Also my boys who think it's ok to take care of babies. That's women's work!

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

If I may resurrect an old thread...

I've just started a new fundie family on Sims 3. I've dressed the mum Michelle Duggar style- pale green shirt, black skirt, tights and loafers. There aren't really any long curly hairstyles so I went for long and straight instead. They're in Sunset Valley. It's early days yet but Margaret is already preggers (not that she knows it, but the music played after WooHoo). 

Are we still playing with fundie Sims?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

If I may resurrect an old thread...

I've just started a new fundie family on Sims 3. I've dressed the mum Michelle Duggar style- pale green shirt, black skirt, tights and loafers. There aren't really any long curly hairstyles so I went for long and straight instead. They're in Sunset Valley. It's early days yet but Margaret is already preggers (not that she knows it, but the music played after WooHoo). 

Are we still playing with fundie Sims?

Oh my dog, this is hilarious. I told myself I could get the Sims after finals, and when I do I'm totally joining you in making fundie Sims :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1

Margaret and JJ (forgot his name, think I'll have it be short for Jonathan James) have been blessed with a son! I decided on an E theme and put some names into the Pickit app. I clicked the dice and it came up with Emmett, so Emmett Anderson it is. The family hasn't been doing much- mainly skill building. The fun only really starts when the babies start a-comin'.

• Upvote 2

I still have my save but I haven't played it in awhile. Perhaps I should load them again.

• Upvote 1

I've all but given up on Sims 4; still playing Sims 3 but mostly playing with townies these days. The McDermotts in Riverview are my faves. I have thought about "converting" some townies to fundamentalism and getting them together. I might have to think about that more today...

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I basically delurked just to post here ^^ (been lurking for years but am quite shy when it comes to posting :) )

Sims is my cryptonite and so I started a household right away in Sims 2 (have mine modded and with lots of custom content including triplets and quads hack so it should be fun :D )

So far I have Noah (adult) and Charlotte (teen, I mean the fundies start them at 18-19 too) Sutton who are hoping to start a big family soon.

As an explanation I have a mod called inteenimater which allows teen pregnancy and teens start their "adult" life (no school, real jobs) along the halfway point of that age span (for the sake of this challenge: moment they turn 18 and are eligible to marry and carry children). I found this setting to be more realistic to fundie conditions.

This means they are not yet married (but will be as soon as Charlotte hits that mark and are "courting" right now, by default they are living together right now but we'll just pretend that God watches them closely and is their chaperone :giggle:)

They live in a rather big starter home which is rather empty right now (no money cheats here...get ready kids, this is real life, no rich dad...you come from nothing, you have nothing *muhaha*) on a big lot with lots of space for expansion.

I have been following all your challenges and it took the sims to show me how freaking many 19 kids are... most of you haven't even hit the number yet and it is overwhelming...so I am a bit scared but excited too....wish me luck :D

• Upvote 3

Ookay...off to a good start!

Adam, Andrew and Alice were just born (jup, triplets right away...odds are 5% in my game...jackpot :D )

Let the craziness beginn :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

f20upx.jpg

In birth order :) 

Edited by Babsi
added photo
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Babsi said:

Ookay...off to a good start!

Adam, Andrew and Alice were just born (jup, triplets right away...odds are 5% in my game...jackpot :D )

Let the craziness beginn :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

f20upx.jpg

In birth order :) 

I had the same baby clothes when I played sims 2! Although I think I had a hatless version and hair for them.

Also my Duggar sims are called the Sutton's too! Twins! I should really play them when I get home.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TuringMachine said:

I had the same baby clothes when I played sims 2! Although I think I had a hatless version and hair for them.

Also my Duggar sims are called the Sutton's too! Twins! I should really play them when I get home.

Ha, how awesome! Great minds think alike I guess :D

Was searching for a viable hair option for babies for years but did never find a working one, so I stuck with these. But I am still quite happy with them after years and years :) of playing.

Off to start my game now too!

In true Duggar fashion Charlotte got pregnant in her wedding night, she is now 21 according to Inteenimater and I am kind of scared already of how fertile she is *eeks*

• Upvote 2

GUYS GUYS GUYS!! Today's free update (I guess through Origin) includes TODDLERS!! Now we will really have fun with our fundies :pb_biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Ok so I'm not playing with a fundie family but I've just obtained my first toddler! They're so cute! Modest clothing wise there is a nice little dress, stops just above the knee but I figure it's ok because they don't go out of the house much. 

I'll post a photo of little Emma Masterson later. 

• Upvote 3

Hello fellow Simmers, I want to share my latest passion project with you. I love the sims, I spend countless hours on FJ learning about fundies and BOOM-I made the ultimate  family. I've made them before but this time I've gathered enough internet courage to show them to you kind folks. I made them a blog on Tumblr. I worked really hard on it. There's pages talking about their house, their church, their kids, other families and I even tagged every picture so that they all lead back to pages that are categorized by Person or Place. I think we all can agree that in real life fundies have terrible belief systems but on the Sims it's fun. I mostly like to micromanage large families, pick out modest outfits and decorate their houses. So here goes nothing. I figured this is such a niche subject that only you guys would understand my weirdness! lol 
https://fundiesims.tumblr.com/ 

(Below are just some of my favorite pictures, I use mods & the pose player by the way.) 

01-13-17_3-39-43 PM-2 - Copy - Copy - CopyZOOM.png

01-17-17_5-20-40 PM.png

01-17-17_12-12-29 AM.png

01-19-17_3-37-12 PM.png

• Upvote 3

Whoops forgot to take a photo of Emma as a toddler (she's a Child now). But she was cute. Might get the parents to have another kid so I can take a photo. But yeah toddlers are cute!

• Upvote 1

@JesusHDuggar Christie looks like Erin Bates lol

@Babsi TS2!!! :highfive:

I finally broke down and made my own fundie family, Dorothy and Marjory Wright. Yep, god my randomizer assigned the husband a female name--who am I to argue? What the randomizer says, goes, always, in my game. Maybe he goes by Theo or something.

I play prosperity-style, so I will be adding a few more couples to the mix. I put the Wrights in a subhood of my main hood, so there are plenty of heathens ripe and ready for conversion attempts. 

Also, I use Almighty Hat's Proportionate Aging mod, so these folks may actually have enough time to train up their toddlers properly, and I will have enough time to bless these sims with many, many arrows, hehehehehe.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started a new fundie family in Newcrest. Margaret and Mark Reynolds recently had their first child, Christopher. I decided on the theme "most popular names of the 80s" for the kids' names. I'll probably get her preggers again soon. They're currently the only family in Newcrest so I'll add some more- some fundie, some not. 

• Upvote 1