IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

Did they say there's MORE special news next week? During Jessa and Bin's honeymoon episode?

Anna's pregnant. It has been announced but not on the show. Plus we know that she found out right around the time of J & B's wedding.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we just have more Sierra? She needs her own show! A small quiver on her own and a hard working girl who can manage Jill, Jessa and keep the Duggar's happy! And she has a personality!

Can we just have more Sierra? She needs her own show! A small quiver on her own and a hard working girl who can manage Jill, Jessa and keep the Duggar's happy! And she has a personality!

I agree - I will apply :D

I can commute from Canada :D

I was looking at pictures of Josiah and Marjorie today. I saw the article that mentioned Josiah's Instagram account. I seriously thought he named his Instagram, "Sidehugger." [emoji38] I thought, wow he does have a lot of spunk! Maybe he is going to change things up. Then my tired self realized it was just "Siduggar." His name, duh!

From now on he is Sidehuggar to me. Very clever [emoji172]

I was looking at pictures of Josiah and Marjorie today. I saw the article that mentioned Josiah's Instagram account. I seriously thought he named his Instagram, "Sidehugger." :lol: I thought, wow he does have a lot of spunk! Maybe he is going to change things up. Then my tired self realized it was just "Siduggar." His name, duh!

We have hit the trifecta of Si, between Jo(SI)ah, Justin Timberlake's son and Si Robertson. It will be the next big thing.

Watching this "Duggars Say I Do" special is painful.

It feels like Michelle is saying goodbye to the help.

Anna's pregnant. It has been announced but not on the show. Plus we know that she found out right around the time of J & B's wedding.

That's what we thought the Sijorie news was yesterday. We'll find out Monday I guess. Since they never actually wait til the show is on.

Yeah there's another special announcement for next week, the courting ball is rolling so it might be another courtship. I don't think Jessa is pregnant.

Yeah there's another special announcement for next week, the courting ball is rolling so it might be another courtship. I don't think Jessa is pregnant.

We'll find out on Monday, if it's new, because JB&M will have sold it to People.

I'm still thinking it's M4's announcement, because as far as I know, it hasn't been announced on the show, but the more they wait, the more ridiculous it seems they'd announce that just a couple months before she actually gets here.

I think it's that Jessa is pregnant. M4's a snoozefest, and the cat's been out of the bag from other sources for months now. I'm not sure anyone cares that Josh and Anna are having another kid; as cute as the M'kids are, their family is not especially interesting, and what's one more when you've already got 3, anyway. In a few years, Jill and Jessa will be the same. Pregnancy, baby, repeat.

I disagree. After watching her on several episodes, she's getting on my last nerve. She smiles/giggles too robotically, and...ugh, dunno. She just gags me a bit.

My hope is that the announcement is that Cathy is cancer free now.

As much as I sincerely hope she is, Cathy doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would want that specifically announced to the entire world - it's possible they would mention it in an episode to satisfy fans' curiosity, but it seems an odd thing to promote and trumpet.

Besides, such wonderful news would have nothing to do with courting, marriage or babies, therefore no good for ratings, therefore TLC would not care.

(Edited because I can't words)

Watching this "Duggars Say I Do" special is painful.

It feels like Michelle is saying goodbye to the help.

:lol: I about choked on my pop. :lol: Soooo true.

I disagree. After watching her on several episodes, she's getting on my last nerve. She smiles/giggles too robotically, and...ugh, dunno. She just gags me a bit.

Her Crazy Eyes haunt my sleep.

I think it will be interesting to see the public's reaction once Jessa announces a pregnancy, especially if it's very soon. I think a lot of people (though fewer than a few years ago) still don't get that a woman in this religious movement really does only exist to make babies. I think having a third Duggar woman pregnant, with all 3 pretty much pregnant at the same time, will be eye opening for even more people. And if Jill ends up announcing another later this year, it'll be even more the case, especially if she attempts a home birth.

As excited as JB and Michelle are for all these grandkids, it's really proving to the rest of the world how bad a place (and dangerous) their group is for women.

I think it will be interesting to see the public's reaction once Jessa announces a pregnancy, especially if it's very soon. I think a lot of people (though fewer than a few years ago) still don't get that a woman in this religious movement really does only exist to make babies. I think having a third Duggar woman pregnant, with all 3 pretty much pregnant at the same time, will be eye opening for even more people. And if Jill ends up announcing another later this year, it'll be even more the case, especially if she attempts a home birth.

As excited as JB and Michelle are for all these grandkids, it's really proving to the rest of the world how bad a place (and dangerous) their group is for women.

And this is why the Dillards have spun this fabricated story for People mag and certainly mentioned that future births can be vaginal deliveries...because women are only good for a couple of things, sex and child birthing.

I guess I can't blame Jill for being on the defensive. If she started admitting that some of the messed up ideas she's been fed for so long about what being a mother, wife and woman is...what does she have left? That's pretty much all she is at this point. I guess denial is easier than admitting a hard truth, even when a really horrible labor might bring you close to snapping out of it.

I really hope Jill does get easier pregnancies and deliveries after this. But if she doesn't, it's hard not to think it could change her views. It's easy to forget sometimes how much pure luck Michelle has had in the resilience of her health and body, as well as the health of her kids, with this many pregnancies. Very, very, VERY few women are so lucky. The Duggar kids are all growing up and getting closer to starting families...there will be more miscarriages, ill children, ill moms, there could be disabled children, children with autism...all sorts of things that the Duggars really have no understanding of. Of course, I'm not saying I wish any hardship on them, but I just think the fantasy can't go on forever. Their freak luck is the only thing that's made it last this long. There are plenty of other fundies just as fanatical about large families as Michelle and Boob who still didn't manage to get "blessed" with half as many kids as the Duggars.

I guess I can't blame Jill for being on the defensive. If she started admitting that some of the messed up ideas she's been fed for so long about what being a mother, wife and woman is...what does she have left? That's pretty much all she is at this point. I guess denial is easier than admitting a hard truth, even when a really horrible labor might bring you close to snapping out of it.

I really hope Jill does get easier pregnancies and deliveries after this. But if she doesn't, it's hard not to think it could change her views. It's easy to forget sometimes how much pure luck Michelle has had in the resilience of her health and body, as well as the health of her kids, with this many pregnancies. Very, very, VERY few women are so lucky. The Duggar kids are all growing up and getting closer to starting families...there will be more miscarriages, ill children, ill moms, there could be disabled children, children with autism...all sorts of things that the Duggars really have no understanding of. Of course, I'm not saying I wish any hardship on them, but I just think the fantasy can't go on forever. Their freak luck is the only thing that's made it last this long. There are plenty of other fundies just as fanatical about large families as Michelle and Boob who still didn't manage to get "blessed" with half as many kids as the Duggars.

Having worked in the Nicu for many years, I'd say that the Duggars did suffer a blow with Josie's extremely pre-term birth and rocky course...she was hospitalized for a long time (8 mos, IIRC) and went home on oxygen, no picnic, BUT, she seems pretty intact, so in that respect, her outcome is OK.

Didn't someone on here say Sierra already had five kids or something? Or was that someone else?

Nope, that's her. Four children and a fifth on the way. She's 25.

Nope, that's her. Four children and a fifth on the way. She's 25.

Daang I thought I was bad for having 4 kids at 28. She has all boys, right?

I think Sierra is amazingly energetic and organized with great leadership skills. IMHO, she has all the requisite skills to be successful in a number of business careers.

But since she's chosen another path, I wonder how long she can keep up the energy and drive? Constant pregnancy and a quiver full of kids at home drove Michelle to breakdown in the famous laundry room, and I expect that something along those lines will eventually happen to Sierra, too. I don't see a tv show there, just a sad waste of potential.

Archived