IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

It seems odd to me that Lawson Bates posted a pic on IG of Baby Izzy before posting a pic of Allie Jane or one congratulating Micheala

Could his mind be in Arkansas? Courtship speculation anyone?

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just looked through the Duggar scrapbook thing. Joy lists her favorite pastime as spending time with the Bates. Hmmmm...could be a Lawson/Joy courtship?

I just looked through the Duggar scrapbook thing. Joy lists her favorite pastime as spending time with the Bates. Hmmmm...could be a Lawson/Joy courtship?

now that would be hilarious - because she seems very tough and he seems very mild

I could be wrong about him - I don't know him that much

It seems odd to me that Lawson Bates posted a pic on IG of Baby Izzy before posting a pic of Allie Jane or one congratulating Micheala

Could his mind be in Arkansas? Courtship speculation anyone?

And Joy has been hanging out at her buddy's house. Watching Izzy... Hmmmm

now that would be hilarious - because she seems very tough and he seems very mild

I could be wrong about him - I don't know him that much

I absolutely agree with you! It would be so terrific to see a Duggar girl completely reverse the roles her family has tried to beat into her. :) I really think Joy needs that. They have tried to stamp out her 'tomboy' traits since she was little. I say let it shine through Joy and get a man who let's you wear the pants! :D

Why Joy and not Jinger? She and Lawson would make a precious couple. :)

When is Anna due? I can't recall.

I am not sure I've ever seen little Marcus smile.

There has to be something in fundie drinking water. Either that or Jesus really doesn't like us Catholics

/angry TTC lady.

UGH. TTC can really suck. Hope it works out okay for you soon.

I know we've talked many times about Duggars in strollers, particularly Josie & Mack. I know it can be easier for a mother to keep the kids all together. I know kids get tired. But seriously ... ?

Mack is 5 1/2. She would have started school in February if she lived where I am. (I realise Washington is different.) Surely she can cope with walking. Surely Anna has taught her not to get lost. I am a terrible mother by Duggar standards but I taught my kids by 2 (when the next one was born) to walk beside the stroller and keep one hand on it so I didn't lose them.

My kids would have died of embarrassment at Michael's age to be in a stroller.

post-2352-1445200011646_thumb.jpg

I know we've talked many times about Duggars in strollers, particularly Josie & Mack. I know it can be easier for a mother to keep the kids all together. I know kids get tired. But seriously ... ?

Mack is 5 1/2. She would have started school in February if she lived where I am. (I realise Washington is different.) Surely she can cope with walking. Surely Anna has taught her not to get lost. I am a terrible mother by Duggar standards but I taught my kids by 2 (when the next one was born) to walk beside the stroller and keep one hand on it so I didn't lose them.

My kids would have died of embarrassment at Michael's age to be in a stroller.

Agreed, though I can see how it might be faster to move through an airport (especially if you're in a hurry) when you can just push all the kids at your own walking speed. I'm not a parent, but that's just what I assumed was happening in this case.

I think, in general, a 5 year old is probably too old to be in a stroller. But at an airport, I don't really find it all that bad.

Just because some 2-year olds are able to walk next to a stroller and not run off...many are not that 'mature.' I have a 19-month old who would seriously dart off into god knows where if I didn't have a tight grip on him.

Oh I should be clear, I'm not saying for a minute every two year old will be able to do that. I can't drive. We went our every day - library, kinder-gym, etc., to keep my eldest (Aspergers + ADHD) entertained. My kids were doing long walks every day from the time they were very young and I was super strict. I see no problem with Anna having the two boys in the stroller in a busy place. It's Mack that I am puzzled at. She doesn't seem like a wild girl. She seems more like the sort to follow the rules. "Do not take your hand off the side of the stroller." is hard for some kids (I'm a teacher - I've had 12 year olds that struggle with that sort of thing) but I just don't see Mack as that undisciplined. Pushing that much weight in a stroller has got to be hard work too.

My son is just a couple weeks older than M1 and while I trust him to stay next to the grocery cart in the store, the airport is a much different scenario. I'd prefer my eggs to all be contained in the same basket. And who knows, maybe her legs were tired or she hopped in the stroller for the picture while they waited for their luggage. Hard to tell the circumstances from one snapshot.

Its not a triple stroller, just double, so its probably not for her to be in all the time. I had a huge stroller when my now 3 year old was about one and a half, and sometimes I would let her older sister (then 5) hop in and sit them together like that when we were walking a long journey and her legs were tired.

I don't see the problem. At 5, their legs get tired...figure the kid has been traveling for a good part of the day and she's tired. Easier to let her sit in the stroller w/her brothers than listen to whining. Also, it looks like maybe they're waiting to be picked up and the kid wants to sit and wait...no big deal. Nothing to see here.

Go to Disneyland or Disney World and you'll see 9 year olds in a stroller. Ha!

Didn't they meet at one of these Gothard homeschooling events? [Off topic, but my autocorrect tried to put a space three letters into his name XD]

Hmm so now we know that the kids aren't moving away from gothards since they're going to the speshul conference.

Not necessarily true if they're getting paid to be there. Gothard's buddies are probably utterly desperate to keep the Duggars attending every year - it's the only "good" PR they've got left. I bet they pay for their travel, accommodations and food, plus a big paycheck.

Didn't they meet at one of these Gothard homeschooling events? [Off topic, but my autocorrect tried to put a space three letters into his name XD]

Yes, Josh and Anna met in the concession stand at an ATI conference.

Why Joy and not Jinger? She and Lawson would make a precious couple. :)

Lawson and Jinger would be perfect! She'd love Nashville and he'd have his own photographer. Ship it, hella.

As for Mack in the stroller, I'm not concerned. She's five, they were traveling, she and Michael seem like besties (relatively), and a momma always wants to baby her babies. Besides, this way Mack can boss her brothers around without her legs getting tired.

Ok, everyone disagrees with me about a five year old in a stroller and ClaraOswin even mentions nine year olds in strollers at Disneyland. I am really curious now. Could this be a cultural thing? I have never seen an 5yo Aussie kid in a stroller. I mentioned above I'm a teacher so I know a lot of 5yos. They do get tired but they are too proud to doing something perceived as babyish. If a child turned up at school in a stroller we would be pulling the parent into the office and talking to them about letting their child grow up.

My parents had the policy that if we couldn't carry it, we couldn't take it. From the time I started school at 4 1/2 I walked and carried my own luggage in a back pack. This included many extended overseas trips because Dad worked for an airline. Sure I could only carry a small bag, but at that age your clothes are pretty tiny too so it works out ok. I made my kids do the same. I don't know any parents as tough as mine when it came to carrying our gear (very grateful mine were) but I've never known any to stick a school age child in a stroller.

I'm not trying to be aggressive or attack anyone here - please don't get angry with me. I am now genuinely curious. Is it ok across the USA to put a school aged child In a stroller at busy places? How about Europe? A lot of Aussies use a length of nylon which has Velcro at either end and attaches the child to the parent or stroller to stop them getting lost. Anyone else use these?

Archived