IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

Anna most definitely spouts the line every chance she gets. I'm not sure what she says more often: "Buy used, save the difference!" or "Practice makes progress, and progress makes babies!"

I'm fairly certain the second one was only said at Jill's wedding.... I don't know about the first one.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anna most definitely spouts the line every chance she gets. I'm not sure what she says more often: "Buy used, save the difference!" or "Practice makes progress, and progress makes babies!"

Josh strikes me as someone who probably likes nice things, honestly. I doubt many of the kids will be as cheap as Jim Bob and Michelle as adults. Some of them will want normal, comfortable lives where they can actually buy some clothes that nobody's ever worn before them, or buy some furniture new from a store instead of a $30 sofa someone's cat probably peed on from a yardsale.

I think Anna still idolizes the Duggars and wants to be a mini-Michelle. Not as sure about Josh. I'm much more convinced that Anna loves being Mrs. Fundie Wife, getting toted around to events and shaking hands with B list conservatives everywhere she goes. Josh still kind of just seems like he's going through the motions to me. He doesn't look happy except for when he is with his kids (which, thank God, at least he seems to love his kids to death, even if nothing else makes him happy...)

I'm rewatching some old episodes from my dvr, and came across this scene from the episode "Manhattan duggars". They are in the today show advertising their second book and the host, matt, asks the kids if anyone wants a small family. Hanne raises her hand. I had to rewind three times to make sure I was seeing it correctly. Yes it was 4 years ago, but damn, she must have not liked being one of the young kids in a sea of 19 to raise her hand saying she wants a small family.

(My phone only takes huge pictures so I had to crop it down...)

post-9945-1445200005812_thumb.jpg

Josh strikes me as someone who probably likes nice things, honestly. I doubt many of the kids will be as cheap as Jim Bob and Michelle as adults. Some of them will want normal, comfortable lives where they can actually buy some clothes that nobody's ever worn before them, or buy some furniture new from a store instead of a $30 sofa someone's cat probably peed on from a yardsale.

I think Anna still idolizes the Duggars and wants to be a mini-Michelle. Not as sure about Josh. I'm much more convinced that Anna loves being Mrs. Fundie Wife, getting toted around to events and shaking hands with B list conservatives everywhere she goes. Josh still kind of just seems like he's going through the motions to me. He doesn't look happy except for when he is with his kids (which, thank God, at least he seems to love his kids to death, even if nothing else makes him happy...)

This reminds me of a TH during the building of the TTH. When Josh said something about thinking they should hire someone to build it when JB's reaction was more or less 'Hey kids, let's go build our own home as a family!'

This may have been prior to his tenure at ALERT in Big Sandy.

I'm rewatching some old episodes from my dvr, and came across this scene from the episode "Manhattan duggars". They are in the today show advertising their second book and the host, matt, asks the kids if anyone wants a small family. Hanne raises her hand. I had to rewind three times to make sure I was seeing it correctly. Yes it was 4 years ago, but damn, she must have not liked being one of the young kids in a sea of 19 to raise her hand saying she wants a small family.

(My phone only takes huge pictures so I had to crop it down...)

That is so sad. IIRC Matt didn't even notice her hand.

I'm fairly certain the second one was only said at Jill's wedding.... I don't know about the first one.

I know Anna said the first when they were talking about the RV.

I'm in administration management in a thrift non profit retail organization. Every week, we get pallets of returns, clearanced, discontinued and semi defective merchandise. The pallets come from a well known national discoint type retail store. We purchase it by pallet, not by item. Sometimes it's a windfall, sometimes it's just clothing, shoes, etc. But it's all brand new.

My store has gotten beats by Dr Dre at least 2-3 times a month in the past year. We test them and if they work, we sell them for $50, usually instantly.

Well lookie what I found.

my32cents.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/the-5-tiers-of-homeschooling/

It talks about why Jana and Tim wouldn't work out because of the tier of homeschooling they come from. What I find interesting though is from what we know Ben falls into the same tier as Tim. He and his siblings are/were involved in activities and friendships. Their dress code is extremely loose compared to the Duggars. I never thought Ben's family was keen on the courtship process.

This is a bit off topic but had to post before bed. The preview of the newlyweds in Europe. Ben and Jessa attacked by pigeon and they were terrified. Hey Jessa how is your hair now.

Well lookie what I found.

my32cents.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/the-5-tiers-of-homeschooling/

It talks about why Jana and Tim wouldn't work out because of the tier of homeschooling they come from. What I find interesting though is from what we know Ben falls into the same tier as Tim. He and his siblings are/were involved in activities and friendships. Their dress code is extremely loose compared to the Duggars. I never thought Ben's family was keen on the courtship process.

I've wondered that since Ben, as the oldest, has gone through this courting process does that now mean that his sisters will have to endure the same bs?

I guess that pidgeons also exists in tonitown ? or not?

I can imagine that josh may like more fancy things seeing he grew up with nothing as the oldest of the duggar kids.

instagram.com/p/1R9-GHOWJm/?taken-by=joshduggar

Uh, Josh trying out the no shave look?

(oh and the comments for this photo are totally worth going over there for. References to the tax issue)

So what is the big announcement next week during the "I Do" Special? Benessa news? IMO they would wait for the Mother's Day Special for that....

looks more like 5 oclock shadow to me

This. The comments I saw said nothing about taxes but homosexuality and Leviticus.

For someone who grew up completely out of a sports culture, Josh sure seems to spend a lot of time at sporting events. WTF.

I wonder how much time Josh spends at home or with his family, doing actual family work vs work/politics/duggar family/sports.

I guess that pidgeons also exists in tonitown ? or not?

I can imagine that josh may like more fancy things seeing he grew up with nothing as the oldest of the duggar kids.

It is likely that pigeons in Paris are more used to people and therefore are more comfortable bothering/approaching people for food. I notice this difference in bird behavior whenever I travel to my state's capital.

instagram.com/p/1R9-GHOWJm/?taken-by=joshduggar

Uh, Josh trying out the no shave look?

(oh and the comments for this photo are totally worth going over there for. References to the tax issue)

Here on FJ all I see about Josh's appearance is how disgusting his beard was/is, now he is pulling a faux pas for being more closely shaven?

This. The comments I saw said nothing about taxes but homosexuality and Leviticus.

For someone who grew up completely out of a sports culture, Josh sure seems to spend a lot of time at sporting events. WTF.

I wonder how much time Josh spends at home or with his family, doing actual family work vs work/politics/duggar family/sports.

He must be cleaning up his Instagram comments. I can't see anything about taxes, sadly. Interesting that he's deleting those.

On the Duggars not dancing, I *really* want them to explain the bible quotes Ren used in Footloose that clearly describe dancing in the bible and it being a celebration of joy in the lord

Thatsa what I liked in a channel 4 production about amish in the uk, where the amish looked for dancing references in her bible and found lots of positives.

This is a bit off topic but had to post before bed. The preview of the newlyweds in Europe. Ben and Jessa attacked by pigeon and they were terrified. Hey Jessa how is your hair now.

Jessa and Ben got attacked by a pigeon! Omg that is hilarious! That happened to a friend of mine and it was so funny.

I wanna see a video of this!

I've wondered that since Ben, as the oldest, has gone through this courting process does that now mean that his sisters will have to endure the same bs?

I just can't see the Seewald's following the courtship process. Ben's dad's blog post calling it BS just makes me feel like he thought it was stupid.

I watched a clip a while back about Anna & Josh. It was her first time driving in DC, he'd forgotten his lunch on his way out. They both made this enormous deal about him forgetting it & how much money per day it saved him to have her make it for him. She was doing him a HUGE favor by taking to his office. He mentioned how great she was doing at getting up in the morning & fixing his lunch... To me he seemed to allude that she didn't typically get out of bed until much later in the morning.

I watched a clip a while back about Anna & Josh. It was her first time driving in DC, he'd forgotten his lunch on his way out. They both made this enormous deal about him forgetting it & how much money per day it saved him to have her make it for him. She was doing him a HUGE favor by taking to his office. He mentioned how great she was doing at getting up in the morning & fixing his lunch... To me he seemed to allude that she didn't typically get out of bed until much later in the morning.

Well it's a good thing she'll get up to make him lunch. I make my husband lunch by putting leftovers in the fridge for him. It's not something special.

Archived