IGNORED

Best Parenting Moments

FJismyheadship

Ok everyone, show me the best (worst) examples of Michelle and Jim Bob's AMAZING parenting! From moments such as Jill admitting to having to.eat in the bathroom, to Jason falling in the orchestra pit and Michelle filming it with a smile on her face. Clips from YouTube or Vimeo are excellent or just point me to the episode.

Also point out direct hypocrisies that can be evidenced by watching the show. Maybe where Michelle days they cover their knees and then a cap of Jessa walking around showing her knees?

Lies too!!!! Point out lies in the show and evidence of the lie. Like when they claimed Ben moved to.Springdale after Mothers Day but Jess posted pictures of his goodbye party.

I'm going to make a video about Duggar hypocrisy, one about.the lies, and one.about their stellar parenting skills. Then I will post them here for you all to see. But I need help putting it together!!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have a lot of bad parenting moments that I've noticed, but I was most disturbed when I saw the episodes of Josie's birth on Netflix. They just seemed so happy -TOO happy- that they were adding another baby to their family, and I don't think at first it set in that they have a micro preemie whose life is in danger. Jim Bob and Michelle were smiling huge smiles and were like "We have a girl!" and "she looks beautiful" as if she was born on time. Personally, I would have been freaking out and asking the doctor about survival chances and the road ahead. I would have been saying she looks too small. Jim Bob was way too happy showing off her tiny footprints on the certificate. I think the children during the phone calls, like Josh and Jill, seemed more concerned about her early birth and weight than their parents. I hope it was just from TLC editing, but still, their happiness was so out of place and so disturbing.

A couple I can't forget:

When they were little, and one girl being forced to give her treasured jewelry box to one of her sisters. Jana to Jill, I think? Fucked up. It's not like those kids ever had much that was only theirs alone.

When Josie was born, and Michelle was away from the hospital to go protest a liquor license. Who cares that Josie could still have died in a moment without notice. And they were already all like, "We'd welcome another!"

The absolute neglect of Jordyn when she was very little. After Josie was born, Jordyn became an afterthought. I remember her roaming around the TTH living room all by herself, climbing the open staircase there and crawling back down and her being in the high chair at the dining room table all alone.

A couple I can't forget:

When they were little, and one girl being forced to give her treasured jewelry box to one of her sisters. Jana to Jill, I think? Fucked up. It's not like those kids ever had much that was only theirs alone.

When Josie was born, and Michelle was away from the hospital to go protest a liquor license. Who cares that Josie could still have died in a moment without notice. And they were already all like, "We'd welcome another!"

These 2 are PRIME examples indeed. It made my blood boil to hear that poor woman still crying over the memories of being tortured by that little piece of shit. People pointed out how j-ASS-a was "just a child" and didn't know any better, well all of them can take those words and eat them right up. j-ASS-a is, was, always have been and always will be a sociopathic bully with zero tolerance towards others, with her own head far up her ass, and now she's showing the world what kind of people did Mullet and Jimbo raise. She makes Smuggar with his attitude look like Price Charming. I'm fairly sure that Jana wasn't her only victim.

And yes, Michelle rallying against booze being sold while her child was touch and go. Priorities much? Yo Michelle! Guess what, I'll be out rallying till my last breath to outban the Koolaid that you and your kind are chugging, how do you like that.

Another prime example: the whole family recording the severely injured middle boy in the orchestra pit, while they didn't even know if he had a brain injury or internal injuries. Brava! And, 1 or 2 days later he was in a wheelchair, all dressed up present at some stupid event while that poor child should have been resting in bed. I would have 1 question to the hospital where he was rushed to: why did they let them out?! Why? The parents didn't allow the suffering child to have his bedrest in the crowded and stinky bus.

Also when miracle baby josie was blabbering and it bothered Jimbo so she told her baby with a toothy grin to stfu since daddy's giving an interview. Guess what jimbo, babies blabber. They still make more sense than you do, though, and definitely spew less self-righteous bull crap. Suddenly miracle baby was just like the rest, being trained up while in the baby seat, to shut up.

And when he grabbed Josiah's hand? I've never seen that but others keep talking about it.

Arranging marriages for their daughters.

Cheap is so talk, so empty. They love children they say? They have proven in that show of theirs how much they disrespect their children. Televising their lives, robbing them of their privacy, they put them through air and road trips even though they suffer from motion sickness, they televised their surgeries and the little one's sicknesses, poop soaked diapers, etc. They have zero respect for their children and they are the most money-hungry, pushy, grifty, greedy people one can come across. Nothing is sacred to them. Literally nothing.

Any time that DQ is forced to actually be with her own smaller and middle kids. She just looks annoyed and checked out and unable to handle them. She's very disconnected. You can tell she's only there for the cameras and does none of the day-to-day raising and nurturing.

Any time that she and JB are nowhere to be seen and the older girls are wrangling the kids. Whenever they walk hand-in-hand with several tiny children God knows where behind them.

At Jill's dress fitting when Joy was crying and DQ let Jill comfort her like it was the most natural thing in the world rather than getting off her ass and being a mom.

When Joy said how she slept in Jill's bed for years. Really, JB and DQ? Jill was a small girl when Joy was born.

The maternal bond between Jill and James. She raised that child.

My favorite is still "modest is we cover the collarbone, have sleeves, etc" but I think Jinger said it..

then cut to Jessa getting a wedding dress with barely-there sleeves and a low top.

They have a lot of bad parenting moments that I've noticed, but I was most disturbed when I saw the episodes of Josie's birth on Netflix. They just seemed so happy -TOO happy- that they were adding another baby to their family, and I don't think at first it set in that they have a micro preemie whose life is in danger. Jim Bob and Michelle were smiling huge smiles and were like "We have a girl!" and "she looks beautiful" as if she was born on time. Personally, I would have been freaking out and asking the doctor about survival chances and the road ahead. I would have been saying she looks too small. Jim Bob was way too happy showing off her tiny footprints on the certificate. I think the children during the phone calls, like Josh and Jill, seemed more concerned about her early birth and weight than their parents. I hope it was just from TLC editing, but still, their happiness was so out of place and so disturbing.

Not sure this one is entirely fair - they had just had a child and had every right to feel happiness over her birth, even if she was a micro premie. I'm sure that at some point reality set in and they realized all the potential complications - but at that time they were just proud new parents who were probably beyond relieved that their baby had survived birth.

Now, leaving a less than week old Josie in the hospital to protest the sale of liquor is more along the lines of what I would consider shitty parenting. Or the fact that people said there was an episode where all the kids and the camera crew were in the NICU to visit Josie at once - parents should have stepped in and told them that was out of the question as their newborn was medically fragile (not to mention the other infants in there).

I agree with VelicoRapture on the birth of Josie. For them, that moment in time was happy. I also wonder denial. I can think of a couple of times that I was in total denial about a situation. Looking back, if I wasn't in denial I could not have appropriately handled the situation in the way it needed to be handled.

Totally on board with Michelle protesting liquor store. If you want to do a dramatization, I could confront Michelle "You will have to pry my wine bottle from my cold, dead hands before...".

I agree showing Michelle and Jim Bob strolling unconcernedly ahead of their kids, not checking to see if the kids made it across the street. NYC would be the best. Children are a blessing indeed.

How about when one of the middle boys got lost in the airport and one of the film crew noticed it first. Then the boy ran to sister mom for comfort.

How about the time one of the little girls got her head caught in the balcony railing as JBOOB (wow, spell check-didn't write that) laughed away. IIRC, that little one ran to sister mom for comfort.

The constant lies about 'professions'. Graphic artist Josh-when he wanted to be a lawyer. Midwife Jill-even if she completed training she would not have been a midwife. Don't want to throw Jana under the bus, but concert pianist? Talented pianist is fine.

Not sure how this can be done, as it is posted many places here that we only see a tiny portion of their real life and that is true, but how is homeschooling superior to public school for this family. I haven't seen how that is true. If they said they wanted to homeschool to keep kids from evil public school and stopped the statement there it would seem less more accurate.

Wow. I learn so much at FJ as I have not seen the shows, just a few of the early specials or seen a few commercial about upcoming specials, and haven't seen those in at least five years.

I can't wait to see your video!

So many things...the Howlers and Lost Girls clambering all over counters while claiming they're "well behaved." The complete neglect of Jordyn following Josie's birth (there's even a shot of her just lying on the floor alone, no one nearby, and she doesn't even look old enough to crawl). Their inability to notice Jennifer and her ongoing sadness. Mullet's inability to connect with any of her children while proclaiming them to be "blessings." Declaring that the older kids (adults actually) make their own "courtship rules," then freaking out about Jill and Derick's Nepal hug, or, even better, when Mullet thought it improper for Blessa and Bin to hold hands for PRAYER with their parents on either side of them. I think I could go on for days...

The wtffundiefamilies tumblr has LOTS of screenshots and moments of hypocrisy. It's a wealth of information which would help your project. Have fun!

fAmy had the cake-decorating contest and Jennifer slips and whomps her self hard off the chair onto the floor, J'Chelle next to her barely flinches and continues with the cake while a sister mom checks if she is ok.

Not sure this one is entirely fair - they had just had a child and had every right to feel happiness over her birth, even if she was a micro premie. I'm sure that at some point reality set in and they realized all the potential complications - but at that time they were just proud new parents who were probably beyond relieved that their baby had survived birth.

Now, leaving a less than week old Josie in the hospital to protest the sale of liquor is more along the lines of what I would consider shitty parenting. Or the fact that people said there was an episode where all the kids and the camera crew were in the NICU to visit Josie at once - parents should have stepped in and told them that was out of the question as their newborn was medically fragile (not to mention the other infants in there).

I can still tell you almost 28 years later what I felt when I gave birth to a 26-week, 900 gram premie: I was terrified!! I was terrified that the baby wouldn't live and I knew that if she did live, she'd spend a few months in the NICU. She had Apgars of 0 and 2 and had to be resuscitated in the delivery room. (My OB had to ask the NICU team what sex baby I'd had as he'd handed her over to the team as soon as the cord was cut.) She was whisked off to the NICU as soon as they could get Katherine intubated where she remained for the next four months.

Jim Bob lying and lining them up supposedly for a family photo and then telling them Michelle was pregnant and his treatment of Josiah afterwards. Probably been purge in the re-runs. Star Moment of a controlling ass hole. Right response training in action. The whole world is watching so be happy that Mama is pregnant again.

fAmy had the cake-decorating contest and Jennifer slips and whomps her self hard off the chair onto the floor, J'Chelle next to her barely flinches and continues with the cake while a sister mom checks if she is ok.

I remember that. I gasped when she fell and Michelle just kind of glanced over...then went back to what she was doing. It's like she knows, without even saying anything, that someone else will deal with it if she was hurt. So messed up.

That woman is cold. I stand by it. She can't go 5 minutes holding a newborn baby without talking about how much she wants another one. Poor Jordyn had it rough - but hopefully that will benefit her in the long run because she will probably be a lot more independent than Josie.

I think the constant favoritism of Josie is still just the most glaring cruelty of her "childrearing" techniques. Like on the new episode with Jessa dress shopping - she is announcing to Josie that they are going, then Josie is in her lap getting all this one-on-one talking to from Michelle the entire time, while the other girls are...not. Like usual. Just in the background...

It might seem more subtle, but it is NONSTOP. Josie's the miracle baby and Jordyn, Hannie and Jenni are chopped liver. Michelle is totally disinterested in her children that aren't either a Little Miracle or a big-time money maker for the show.

How JB and Michelle treated GP Duggar in his final months of life and the words JB has publicly said about GP Duggar...that shows you the kind of man he is. I hope his older children never forget. From all appearances, GP D. was a regular, mainstream older man.

The whole Jubilee saga, let the kids grieve in private!

I even wrote about that for my college magazine and got published for my article "19 zombies and counting"

How about the famous clip of JB humping his wife at mini golf.

Hey kids! Look what we can do that you can't!!! :mullet:

I can still tell you almost 28 years later what I felt when I gave birth to a 26-week, 900 gram premie: I was terrified!! I was terrified that the baby wouldn't live and I knew that if she did live, she'd spend a few months in the NICU. She had Apgars of 0 and 2 and had to be resuscitated in the delivery room. (My OB had to ask the NICU team what sex baby I'd had as he'd handed her over to the team as soon as the cord was cut.) She was whisked off to the NICU as soon as they could get Katherine intubated where she remained for the next four months.

I'm really sorry that you, your family, and (most importantly) you little girl had to go through that. It must have been terrifying and I hope that everything turned out alright for you all!

At the same time, everyone reacts differently. Another poster mentioned that it's possible they were in some sort of denial over how bleak things actually were. I think that's a very real possibility - sometimes your brain just can't handle thinking about certain things and has to go into denial mode to protect you. It's also possible that they were simply relieved that she had made it through the birth at all and that Michelle had to. We only saw a few glimpses into that period of their lives - it's possible that there was some real terror present that just wasn't captured on film or that wound up being edited out because it didn't fit with the whole "God's Will" thing. We can't really know for sure.

How about the famous clip of JB humping his wife at mini golf.

Hey kids! Look what we can do that you can't!!! :mullet:

Oh, lord. I wish I read that after dinner. I have successfully blocked that. But, one of the top bad parenting moments. Along with Jana's jewelry box, Jordyn and Jennifer, lost airport boy, kid falling in orchestra, kid's head caught in railing....

Maybe it would be quicker to do good parenting moments. Are there any?

I'm really sorry that you, your family, and (most importantly) you little girl had to go through that. It must have been terrifying and I hope that everything turned out alright for you all!

At the same time, everyone reacts differently. Another poster mentioned that it's possible they were in some sort of denial over how bleak things actually were. I think that's a very real possibility - sometimes your brain just can't handle thinking about certain things and has to go into denial mode to protect you. It's also possible that they were simply relieved that she had made it through the birth at all and that Michelle had to. We only saw a few glimpses into that period of their lives - it's possible that there was some real terror present that just wasn't captured on film or that wound up being edited out because it didn't fit with the whole "God's Will" thing. We can't really know for sure.

I'm so sorry your family had to go through that, Penny Sycamore. VelociRapture, I know that it's not very fair because they did just become parents, but like I said, I don't think it set in for them yet. My baby's birth wasn't anything as scary as Penny's, but I also had the NICU there because meconium was in my baby's water. I was warned that she might not cry. I didn't get to hold her for a while and was worried until they told me she was okay. That was probably the reason that episode disturbed me so much. I know what it's like to be warned that your baby might be in trouble and I wasn't all smiles. I think you're right though, it was probably edited oddly.

Didn't hear about the liquor store protest. That is more disturbing along with their mission trip/vacation while their just released daughter seized. And poor Jordyn never had a chance with her mom. It was sad seeing her walk for the first time and nobody really cared. The boys seem to have it worse when they have something wrong because they're boys and expected to be stronger. I didn't see a boy get lost in the airport, but I did see when Jason fell into the orchestra pit and Michelle cared more about video footage than her son's injuries.

The memory that stands out to me is when the girls had donated blood (Jim Bob told them to, didn't ask which is another issue) and Jim Bob then made them go grocery shopping right after and they looked like they were about to pass out walking around the store in their flip flops.

Any time one of the lost girls had something happen/made a mess/needed an adult and Michelle would actually say "let's go find Jana or Jill". I couldn't believe it when I first saw how blatantly she was willing to shove the little kids off on their "buddies" on t.v. I couldn't believe more people weren't calling her out on it either. Thank God I found Free Jinger!

This one might actually be kind of sweet, but when Jim Bob told Jill she was the most beautiful bride ever in front of Michelle and Michelle looked hurt. I think Jim Bob meant it too. I doubt we'll hear him say that line to Jessa. Michelle will probably say it to Josie on her wedding day in 20 years. Does Michelle even have a good enough relationship with any of her sons to say he is the most handsome groom ever on his wedding day? I don't think so.

Several have been mentioned, forgive me if I repeat them. The one where Jordyn got her head stuck in the railing and J'Chelle laughed in her sweet little baby fake-voice. Josiah being pulled out by Dim Bulb during the Jubilee announcement and his rubbing arm and looking tearful on his return. Jim Bob on the paintball field. Anything with Jubilee. The way they claim their kids can come in and talk openly to them about anything bothering them in the middle of the night, yet they lock the door. Courting, they seem to change their minds on what's OK and not, but it definitely isn't left up to the couple. J'Chelle looking pissed when Josh and Anna announced they were moving to D.C. yet wanting their kids to fly, leave and cleave. Finding the boys "jobs" that keep them tied to him, and doing the same with his sons-in-law, Being stupid, but thinking they're smart enough to home school her kids,---entire world fitting into city limits of Jacksonville, FL, the world only being 6 million years old, etc.

So, so, so many I might need to add more as I think of them.

Aside from the ones that were already mentioned - DQ feeding Jordyn food as a baby while she was laying flat on her back. (While JB lifted weights on the other end of the couch)

JB manhandling Josiah during that paintball game. Or when he tried to one up Joe and Josiah during that turkey hunt.

Any time one of the other kids reached for a sister-mom instead of their actual parents - Jackson at the airport after he got lost went straight to Jana. Jordyn after getting her head stuck between the rails reached for Jessa first (who also went with her to get her tonsils out, probably because Jordyn wanted her real mom there) Jenni screaming for Jill when JB was scaring her with that stupid fake beard he had on.

Aside from the ones that were already mentioned - DQ feeding Jordyn food as a baby while she was laying flat on her back. (While JB lifted weights on the other end of the couch)

JB manhandling Josiah during that paintball game. Or when he tried to one up Joe and Josiah during that turkey hunt.

Any time one of the other kids reached for a sister-mom instead of their actual parents - Jackson at the airport after he got lost went straight to Jana. Jordyn after getting her head stuck between the rails reached for Jessa first (who also went with her to get her tonsils out, probably because Jordyn wanted her real mom there) Jenni screaming for Jill when JB was scaring her with that stupid fake beard he had on.

That first one makes me so angry. IIRC, J'Chelle was feeding baby Jordyn some sort of porridge/mash with a great big serving spoon, while the tot lay on her back. You always set up a baby to feed it, and never with a utensil that is bigger than the baby's mouth (and could deliver more food than the baby can swallow). The combination of those two things alone could have made Jordyn choke. And then to have JB lifting weights over her soft little head... Either they have somehow managed to have 19 children without learning this (which is pretty well inconceivable), or they just don't care about their kids' welfare enough to properly feed them and ensure their safety.

Archived