IGNORED

Best Parenting Moments

FJismyheadship

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That first one makes me so angry. IIRC, J'Chelle was feeding baby Jordyn some sort of porridge/mash with a great big serving spoon, while the tot lay on her back. You always set up a baby to feed it, and never with a utensil that is bigger than the baby's mouth (and could deliver more food than the baby can swallow). The combination of those two things alone could have made Jordyn choke. And then to have JB lifting weights over her soft little head... Either they have somehow managed to have 19 children without learning this (which is pretty well inconceivable), or they just don't care about their kids' welfare enough to properly feed them and ensure their safety.

What? The Boob lifted weights over Jordyn's sweet little head? Really? Please tell me you are exaggerating.

Not sure this one is entirely fair - they had just had a child and had every right to feel happiness over her birth, even if she was a micro premie. I'm sure that at some point reality set in and they realized all the potential complications - but at that time they were just proud new parents who were probably beyond relieved that their baby had survived birth.

Now, leaving a less than week old Josie in the hospital to protest the sale of liquor is more along the lines of what I would consider shitty parenting. Or the fact that people said there was an episode where all the kids and the camera crew were in the NICU to visit Josie at once - parents should have stepped in and told them that was out of the question as their newborn was medically fragile (not to mention the other infants in there).

What was so unusual is that most parents wouldn't be happy to have their baby yet. Most people wouldn't be celebrating until the baby's out of the woods. Their show of YAY reeked of people thrilled to get to add another tally mark. Then leaving to go protest a liquor license underscored how Josie herself wasn't what excited them.

These people never cease to disgust me with their lack of parenting skills. I've had close friends suffer through infertility and then there is this bunch of loons that just keeps popping them out and continuing to neglect them. Jesus really does forgive all! :cray-cray: :nenner:

Their worst parenting moments have to be anything relating to Josiah. A previous poster said that JB really seems to have it out for that kid and I agree. Probably why the poor kid has been in Alert for ages with no end in sight.

These people never cease to disgust me with their lack of parenting skills. I've had close friends suffer through infertility and then there is this bunch of loons that just keeps popping them out and continuing to neglect them. Jesus really does forgive all! :cray-cray: :nenner:

Their worst parenting moments have to be anything relating to Josiah. A previous poster said that JB really seems to have it out for that kid and I agree. Probably why the poor kid has been in Alert for ages with no end in sight.

It just occurred to me reading the posts and stringing things together. I wish I could get him out of there fast

I have to chime in on the micro preemie thing. You don't have to be in denial, you don't have to be crazy or selfish or a baby hoarder or anything else to look at your new baby and smile and call them beautiful. My first son was born at 25 weeks 2 days. Weighed 1 b 14 oz, 13 1/2" long. And I knew he could die. ..jesus he came close so many, many times. But he was beautiful. He was perfect. I smiled, I bragged, I was amazed at this perfect tiny human with no nipples, eye lashes, ear cartilage. I also cried and shook and felt angry and terrified. Mostly in private. I read and studied everything that could go wrong but NOTHING could make me look at him and not feel pure joy. Of course I wasn't happy to have him so soon...No one would be, but dammit, I was happy he lived. Today, almost 18 years later I still am. :-) I still have nightmares about those long first months and as much as I despise everything the Duggars represent, I would defend anyone's right to feel absolute joy knowing their baby has a chance.

I have to chime in on the micro preemie thing. You don't have to be in denial, you don't have to be crazy or selfish or a baby hoarder or anything else to look at your new baby and smile and call them beautiful. My first son was born at 25 weeks 2 days. Weighed 1 b 14 oz, 13 1/2" long. And I knew he could die. ..jesus he came close so many, many times. But he was beautiful. He was perfect. I smiled, I bragged, I was amazed at this perfect tiny human with no nipples, eye lashes, ear cartilage. I also cried and shook and felt angry and terrified. Mostly in private. I read and studied everything that could go wrong but NOTHING could make me look at him and not feel pure joy. Of course I wasn't happy to have him so soon...No one would be, but dammit, I was happy he lived. Today, almost 18 years later I still am. :-) I still have nightmares about those long first months and as much as I despise everything the Duggars represent, I would defend anyone's right to feel absolute joy knowing their baby has a chance.

I doubt you saw protesting a liquor license as a large priority to being there with that baby, soaking up every moment you have because you know that the next is far from certain. They claimed to be so, so concerned, but their actions told a different story. Be mad all you want. Be happy all you want. But BE THERE for your baby. You were. They weren't.

Sadly, another mother with a micropreemie met Michelle there, and she blogged about being asked to be on the show, and Michelle being all buddy-buddy, talking about hanging out after the babies were released, and all that stuff you'd expect to be normal. But when the lady tried contacting Michelle, there was never time, until the times Michelle was filming and wanted her there. Basically what it all boiled down to is, even when Josie was in the hospital, even after the liquor license issue, it was all about that goddamned show, never really about the baby.

If they made everything else so much more important, how can we really believe they were happy to have Josie to have Josie, instead of happy to have Josie born so they could bump up the number of kids?

But I am not talking about the liquor license issue, which was bad just because of what it was. I am taking about people thinking they shouldn't have been smiling or taking about how beautiful she was but should have, instead, been crying and acting like the world was ending. I was basically forced by some of our nurses to leave the hospital and do things once in awhile. I balked but was later glad I did. I just think there was nothing wrong with their reaction to her birth. There Just is no right way to act or think or feel in that situation.

But I am not talking about the liquor license issue, which was bad just because of what it was. I am taking about people thinking they shouldn't have been smiling or taking about how beautiful she was but should have, instead, been crying and acting like the world was ending. I was basically forced by some of our nurses to leave the hospital and do things once in awhile. I balked but was later glad I did. I just think there was nothing wrong with their reaction to her birth. There Just is no right way to act or think or feel in that situation.

Regretting my post... I wasn't thinking that they shouldn't smile at all, I was just expecting more concern, worry, or questions thrown in there on the original footage. I just thought that the children had the more appropriate response. Josh was more parental and worried. And idk, maybe it was also a faith thing; maybe they figured it was up to God, and He'd protect her, so they focused on the joy of the occasion. :embarrassed:

Regretting my post... I wasn't thinking that they shouldn't smile at all, I was just expecting more concern, worry, or questions thrown in there on the original footage. I just thought that the children had the more appropriate response. Josh was more parental and worried. And idk, maybe it was also a faith thing; maybe they figured it was up to God, and He'd protect her, so they focused on the joy of the occasion. :embarrassed:

I'm sorry for making you feel bad about your post. That really wasn't my intention. It's just a subject I feel so passionate about. Until you have lived it there is no way to know how you will react and even then you don't know how anyone else would.

One of my first WTF Duggar moments was before they even moved and they showed Jill or Jana feeding a kid out of a open can of peas. Not warmed up, not baby food, a cold can of peas (or was it mixed veggies?)

I have close friends who had a 25weeker, and their reaction was much as you describe yours being. I can't snark on the Duggars reaction to Josie's birth.

Yes I remember that other micro-preemie called Samuel, she had a beautiful young mother. And yes indeed as one of you pointed out: they dumped that friendship into the gutter once Josie was out of the hospital.

I think they needed to literally use and exploit that young woman to show the world "see? younger people with fewer to zero children can have premature births too!", that's all she was needed for.

One of my first WTF Duggar moments was before they even moved and they showed Jill or Jana feeding a kid out of a open can of peas. Not warmed up, not baby food, a cold can of peas (or was it mixed veggies?)

It was peas and I, too was speechless at this. I guess there was nothing really wrong with it, other than just incredibly lazy...

I'm not sure which episode it was, I think it was the one when Josie was born. Michelle was in a wheelchair and the kids were waiting in a room to see her. When she finally arrived the kids just stared at her, no one went to Michelle to hug her or to say something nice. None of the kids -not even the little ones- were a little excited to see their mom. I found that strange.

There was a similar situation when they found out that they lost baby Jubilee and JB & Michelle told the kids. Some of them were crying and JB kissed all of them on the head. The kids seemed to be stunned. Again, no one went to Michelle and hugged her, saying comforting words or anything like that.

Maybe those are not examples of bad parenting and I am definitely not blaming the kids for their behavior but imho it shows the lack of emotions, empathy and love in that family.

The best Duggar parenting moments are done by the oldest daughters. Michelle and Jimbob are shit parents. Their relationships with their children come across as awkward, more like someone spending time with a niece or nephew they have only seen a handful of times since they were babies.

Watching Michelle feed Jordyn from a huge spoon while she is lying on her back, or the time when it showed a baby of less than two years old crawling down the stairs head first on their stomach (I think it was either Jennifer or Jordyn), watching Josie with a toy stroller on those big stairs (that have no gates, WTF!) Michelle and Jimbob's reaction when one of their sons was badly injured, or when Jordyn got her head stuck...I am genuinely surprised that they still have 19 living kids.

Their parenting seems very inconsistent too, which is probably why the kids behave the way they do. Its confusing. We know how punishments are done in the Duggar house, there was apparently a post from her from years ago, on a fundie parenting forum, that got scrubbed once she was on TV, where she said that she spanked her kids with rulers and blanket trained them. On the show, the most we have ever seen her do is a baby voiced "No, please don't do that". Okay, things probably weren't as consistent back when the older kids were too, the jewellery box incident just seems so lazy and permissive, like "Why the fuck are you telling me this, I don't care, just bribe her into being nice to you". Im guessing that the parents did what they think is convenient at the time, spanking is very lazy parenting, which is why fundies love it. I imagine with Michelle and Jimbob, it was more ignore the kids until they do something bratty that pisses their parents off, and then hit them, followed by periods of being extra vigilant and beating them for every little thing. Which confuses kids as they don't know what is going to happen...one day they are going to get ignored for something (or be rewarded), the next time they do it, they are going to get spanked. And this leads to kids who are either too afraid to do anything, or are acting out constantly because they are confused by life.

I can't wait till one or more of the Duggar 19 writes a tell all book. You know it is going to happen. It's just a matter of time.

It seems like JB really has it out for Josiah

Agreed. Probably whooped his butt for picking those wild flowers years ago......

I hope JOSH and JANA each write tell-alls. Why those two? They are the eldest and can tell what really went on before the cameras came. Then of course I hope 'Siah does. He's never really "fit" with the whole "do manly work" thing. I don't know that he's actually any smarter or anything, he just seems to NOT enjoy that sort of thing--like maybe he has a better goal in mind. Jed and Jer, too, for that matter.

wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/50528996459/michelle-tries-to-choke-jordyn-by-feeding-her

This is the Jordan with the spoon with JB holding weights over her.

Samuel's mother was Sara Pope. She has a daughter as well and she was also born early, although I don't think she was nearly as early as Samuel.

I think one of the best things I've seen J'chelle do is write that journal for Josie during her NICU stay. That seems like such a wonderful thing to do for your child, documenting everything they are doing and everything you are feeling (like "I'm so happy you were able to do X today" and "When Y happened, I was so afraid I might lose you" not stuff like "you were especially difficult today and really got on my nerves"), and then giving it to them when they are old enough. Too bad no one else has one of those.

Regarding Josie's birth, when they were getting ready to actually take Josie, JB did look extremely distressed. He really looked scared, like he was seriously contemplating what he would do if one or both of them didn't survive. When Dr A talked about possibility needing to do the emergency c-section, JB looked concerned. J'chelle just nodded with her crazy eyes. I think JB really did have a reality check for a moment there, but as soon as Josie was born alive - and remained alive - and J'chelle was fine, it was like it never happened and everything was okay now. At least for J'chelle. She got the baby out, it was alive, her work was done. The end.

I really can't think of any good parenting from these two. They're a disgrace to legitimate homeschoolers everywhere. They're pretty much of a disgrace to true followers of Jesus' teachings. (Remember the most important commandment? Love thy neighbor?) They throw away their children as quickly as they create them. They taunt their children about what they can and cannot do with their significant others. They have zero regard for their children's health and safety. They're just all around bad parents.

One attitude I don't understand, but maybe you can clarify for me: why do people who otherwise see parenthood as a great thing, think others don't deserve it simply because they are lazy? I am against the Duggars 100%, of course, but do you feel they don't deserve their children? Why?

Agreed. Probably whooped his butt for picking those wild flowers years ago......

I hope JOSH and JANA each write tell-alls. Why those two? They are the eldest and can tell what really went on before the cameras came. Then of course I hope 'Siah does. He's never really "fit" with the whole "do manly work" thing. I don't know that he's actually any smarter or anything, he just seems to NOT enjoy that sort of thing--like maybe he has a better goal in mind. Jed and Jer, too, for that matter.

I do not think Josh cares much for manly, getting his hands dirty kind of work either.

Or maybe Josh is adverse to "chores" as jurisdictions were crammed down his throat from an early age?

One attitude I don't understand, but maybe you can clarify for me: why do people who otherwise see parenthood as a great thing, think others don't deserve it simply because they are lazy? I am against the Duggars 100%, of course, but do you feel they don't deserve their children? Why?

No one "deserves" their children. In almost any faith they are a gift. In reality people have kids because they had sex. That is a brutally hard fact for someone who is desperate to have kids and can't. I feel for them. But every child born should be "wanted" and that certainly doesn't happen. Most happen because the parents were bored and too lazy to use birth control. It's a shame. There are so many folks out there who WANT children.

It seems like JB really has it out for Josiah

He does. He's always cold towards Josiah. When he graduated from ALERT, he didn't get a special episode or even a send off like Joseph did. Plus he ended up with the extended stay and now the month long "medical mission" trip. It's like they don't want him around at all. (And maybe he doesn't want to be around, but I doubt ALERT was a preferable place)

He does. He's always cold towards Josiah. When he graduated from ALERT, he didn't get a special episode or even a send off like Joseph did. Plus he ended up with the extended stay and now the month long "medical mission" trip. It's like they don't want him around at all. (And maybe he doesn't want to be around, but I doubt ALERT was a preferable place)

They may have not just filmed since we all saw all of that with Joseph not too long ago.

I don't agree 100% with the JB hate for Josiah thinking. Yes there were a few minor incidents, but there have been things like that with all the kids it seems.

Archived