IGNORED

Joseph Duggar starts College

luv2laugh

Crown College's auto repair school could be 10-18 months, and it would probably cost about $14K to complete, even with accreditation. Joseph would then be prepared to do computer assessments and repairs of most makes/models of cars. Not sure if all the expensive ones are included there.

One of my sons was interested in trade school two years ago. He chose HVAC; it was a 10 month course, and it cost $17K. (We live in the mid-Atlantic region.) They also had electrical trades, auto and big rig repair and truck driving school, priced similarly. I'd say any of these (minus truck driving, no on the road accountability) would suit a Duggar boy. No chance of seeing a vagina there..

One of my relatives taught automotive at a community college, and they had to have regular ASE testing to keep them up to date.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my relatives taught automotive at a community college, and they had to have regular ASE testing to keep them up to date.

Correct. The accreditation would come from ASE, not from Crown College's credentials. I can see that happening.

Correct. The accreditation would come from ASE, not from Crown College's credentials. I can see that happening.

So Joseph could attain real credentials, not some made-up ones printed out on pretty Crown College paper?

Accredited or not, it's a school where his parents aren't the teachers. And it's far from home. It's a step in the right direction. Go Joseph!

OMG I don't speak fluent fundie, so I read the bolded, above, as "He loves teaching and DISCIPLINING young men..." :o :o

I could not believe I read through 4 more pages of posts without ANYONE saying ANYTHING about that. LMAO LMAO :pink-shock:

I read it the same way! It strikes me as sad that this was supposedly written by the great boob. THIS is all you know about your 20 year old son? He wakes up early to read the bible and likes to minister to others?

Who writes "we are very pleased with his choices so far" in a happy birthday message? :angry-banghead:

I think it is actually accredited.

The Crown College is a member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), [15935 Forest Road, Forest, VA 24551; Telephone: (434)525-9539 e-mail: info@tracs.org having been awarded Candidate Status as a Category III institution by the TRACS Accreditation Commission on November 6,2012. This status is effective for up to a period of five years. TRACS is recognized by the United States Department of Education, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher

Education (I NQAAHE).

Crown College of the Bible is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. In order to view detailed job placement and completion information on the

programs offered by Crown College of the bible, please visit http://tn.gov/thec and click on the Authorized Institutions Data button.

http://thecrowncollege.com/about-crown/ ... editation/

I saw that too.

about TRACS :

"It currently has authority for the "accreditation and preaccreditation ("Candidate" status) of postsecondary institutions in the United States that offer certificates, diplomas and associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degrees, including institutions that offer distance education." Its most recent scheduled review for recognition was in 2011.[20] TRACS was granted reauthorization after their latest appearance before NACIQI in June 2013"

Crown College is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.[6] The college applied to the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) in 2011 and was granted "candidate status" in November 2012.[7]

so as a candidate, does that mean you have official accreditation, or does it mean it is under review?

FOund this too

The Meaning of Candidacy

The Candidate for Accreditation program offers certain postsecondary institutions the opportunity

to establish a formal, publicly recognized relationship with the New England Association through

its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. Candidacy is a status of affiliation which

indicates that an institution has met the Commission's Criteria for Candidacy, is progressing

toward accreditation, but does not currently meet the Commission's Standards for Accreditation. Only accredited institutions are members of the Association.

Attainment of candidacy does not ensure eventual accreditation. A candidate institution has a

maximum period of five years, from the effective date of candidacy, within which to achieve

accredited status.

For new or developing institutions, candidacy is the normal route to accreditation; however, a

long-established institution that believes itself to be in compliance with all the Commission's

criteria for accreditation may be permitted to apply directly for accreditation.

Yes- there are at least two within 2 hours of them. I posted about them in the thread on College of the Ozarks I think.

College of the Ozarks might be too liberal for them....I've had several pastors from there. Wives work, wear slacks, get in the hot tub...normal people.

Probably living with the Bates for "accountability"

No matter how strict/religious Crown College is, at the end of the day they have many other students to look after and they aren't going to be as controlling as Jim Bob.

Lots of kids go to colleges like this because Mom & Dad say "If we're paying this is where you'll go." Doesn't mean they all think alike!

"Interacially dating must be approved in writing and verbally by the parents of both students"

:pink-shock: :roll: :cray-cray: Can they really do a rule like that? I live in Germany I am quit sure that is not possible here.

As a private institution, they can if there's a contract the students need to sign before attending. They couldn't do it without the contract, but they can with one.

The cynic in me thinks that this is a reactive decision to all the complaints that their kids do not go to college. As the kids age, it becomes more and more difficult for them to maintain their position of no outside education. It's a hard position to defend. Jim Bob probably has someone who acts as a PR representative and advice has been offered and taken. Neither John David or Josh were offered the opportunity to go to college. Why now? Because the spotlight is being shown on this family as never before. It will be interesting to follow the other kids, including the girls, to see if this is a unique situation or a trend.

THIS. How many times have I said here that Jim-Bob is first and foremost a politician? He lives by his polling numbers. We've basically said b.s. to his claim that the kids can go to college "if they choose" and of course Joseph WANTS the protection of going to a Bibleprison campCollege --he CHOOSE that!

I'm calling it now:

Next season they will do a "Joseph goes to college special" where they will show him applying to 3 or so colleges, writing essays, getting acceptance letters, visiting campuses (we already saw pics of them visiting college of the ozarks), and making a decision (which we now know to be crown college).

They will do this in the style of how Christians SHOULD go to college, and making themselves seem so modern yet so very holy for choosing modest christian schools.

They'll do a goldielocks style choosing ceremony where "this one was too far" "this one was too liberal" "clown college is juuuuust right!"

They'll move him in, give him some silly responsibility lecture, and make sure his roommate accountability buddy Lawson knows the rules too.

Joseph will be shown studying, walking to class and NOT dating girls. Clown college will LOVE the free advertisement and I predict there will be a HUGE increase in leghumper applications next year at CC.

NO NEED TO AIR IT TLC - I JUST SUMMARIZED YOUR ENTIRE PLOT ARC FOR THIS SEASON :wink-kitty: :wink-kitty: :wink-kitty:

I am not familiar with the concept of this kind of Christian Colleges, but they strike me as odd - so maybe somebody could tell me:

Are this Colleges part of any kind of umbrella organization? Are they solely private funded or are they also "half-public"/public?

To which kind of regulations do they have to answer, regarding the Curriculum or general campus rules?

For example, the rule about dating (or gawdforbid interracial dating!). Is this even legal? Could they impose such a rule, because "FU that´s OUR College and OUR property, we could do whatever we damn want to do here...!"

How does that work, who oversees them?

Non-accredited schools answer to the parents of students, basically. If they don't receive federal or state funding (most accredited schools get some kind of money from the state or feds -- public grants, federal student loans, GI Bill funds for veterans/dependents, etc) they don't have to follow the assumed or established rules for admission or conduct. If they only get money from tuition payments and private donors, they can make whatever rules they want. If they wanted to make a rule that students were not allowed to look directly at each other for any reason at any time (and could back it up with obscure Bible verses), they could. And there would be families who sent their children to that school for that very reason.

http://crowntradesandtech.com/

Maybe he's to be the keeper of the bus?? Do you think a Maxwell may have gone to this program--rehabilitate an engine or hydraulic breaks?

The Business School offers a "Small Business and Entrepreneurship" course--that fits well with ATI/IBLP idea of family businesses. http://thecrowncollege.com/academics/sc ... -business/

Otherwise maybe he wants to be preacher or a missionary? Or just wants to be more normal and go to college in whatever way he can.....

He may have started late due to filming too....

I'm calling it now:

Next season they will do a "Joseph goes to college special" where they will show him applying to 3 or so colleges, writing essays, getting acceptance letters, visiting campuses (we already saw pics of them visiting college of the ozarks), and making a decision (which we now know to be crown college).

They will do this in the style of how Christians SHOULD go to college, and making themselves seem so modern yet so very holy for choosing modest christian schools.

They'll do a goldielocks style choosing ceremony where "this one was too far" "this one was too liberal" "clown college is juuuuust right!"

They'll move him in, give him some silly responsibility lecture, and make sure his roommate accountability buddy Lawson knows the rules too.

Joseph will be shown studying, walking to class and NOT dating girls. Clown college will LOVE the free advertisement and I predict there will be a HUGE increase in leghumper applications next year at CC.

NO NEED TO AIR IT TLC - I JUST SUMMARIZED YOUR ENTIRE PLOT ARC FOR THIS SEASON :wink-kitty: :wink-kitty: :wink-kitty:

NAILED IT!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Then we'll see Jana as a "Concert Pianist" and they'll forget she ever went to doula training and mention that she was secretly at Crown College doing piano or at least at Gothard's Music program. But she was soooooooooooo homesick without her Buddy Team!

"Siah, Jed and Jer SHOULD go to college--all seem the type.

Crown's automotive program is 2 years and requires you to earn ASE certificates.

But--according to the schedule, here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw2atl267xh1t ... rogram.pdf

The classes seem to be clearly designed to begin in the Fall Semester.

I'm betting the filming schedule with the weddings, etc got in the way so maybe he's doing his Bible Classes or whatever electives just to get started. Plus, we don't know for sure which program. I doubt they'd turn him down--Erin Bates probably got them a slew of like-minded applicants, but to get a Duggar! Wow. Maybe Jim-Bob will give them a School of Public Affairs or something.

Maybe Joseph started mid-year so he'll have a semester for prerequisites. Would SOTDRT and bible memorization at ALERT be adequate preparation for Crown?

I was wondering about that too. Apparently, there's no SAT or ACT requirement. Crown is considered a 'test-flexible' school. :lol:

So my answer is yes, bible memorization at ALERT is all Joe needs.

THIS. How many times have I said here that Jim-Bob is first and foremost a politician? He lives by his polling numbers. We've basically said b.s. to his claim that the kids can go to college "if they choose" and of course Joseph WANTS the protection of going to a Bibleprison campCollege --he CHOOSE that!

I think it has finally dawned on JB that while totally controlling children and young teens might be viewed by your adoring public as a wholesome and awe inspiring behavior, limiting young adults is not. There is nothing wholesome or positive about young adults 18-25 sitting around every day apparently doing nothing. NOTHING positive about it and it reflects poorly on JB's parenting and decision making.

Pensecola has a similar interracial dating rule. If you are mixed, you must choose a race. If you're half black/white, pick which race you want to date... which I guess is the race you have decided you "are"

Here's my thought: Joseph is the test-case. Joe for the most part toes the party line for his parents, and if he can manage to go off to Crown, get whatever certification he's going for and not become a worldly heathen, they'll feel more comfortable sending someone like Josiah off as well.

Pensecola has a similar interracial dating rule. If you are mixed, you must choose a race. If you're half black/white, pick which race you want to date... which I guess is the race you have decided you "are"

There is a 2nd one of this kind of "Colleges"?

How.the.eff. are this things not illegal? That is clearly "hate crime", no? Does that mean one could open up a private Hospital and make up a rule to only treat patients of a certain eye colour too?

Or are, if things would get serious, this "contracts" overthrown by law and it´s only a piece of made-up paper in the end of the day?

I mean, Pa Duggar couldn´t REALLY sue the College board if Joseph hooks up with a nice black girl from Bible-approved garment fabrics class 101 without having parental permission...? That is all just a Show to scam Fundies[tm][/tm] into non-accredited institutes.

Archived