IGNORED

Bringing Up Bates & Other Bates Family Doings

happy atheist

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another vote for pregnant. She's definitely gained weight, and I would think if it were just regular marriage weight gain, we'd have noticed it before now...

I think the home redecorating project was all about nesting! I bet that western-themed guest room has been turned into a nursery.

Does pregnancy make you gain rolls, not just a "baby bump"? I'm not trying to be snarky, just genuinely wondering. (And even fairly thin people can have rolls sometimes.)

In a word yes. When you're around 3 or 4 months pregnant the uterus is beginning to expand and take up more room so your organs get pushed up along with any fat you may have around the middle which causes this look of getting rolls rather than looking pregnant. Not all women show the same, look at the difference in Jill and Alyssa, but that's what I looked like around 4 months. People thought I was gaining weight when I was actually losing at that point. I didn't notice the maternity top til someone here pointed it out. I wore my regular tops til around 6 months. I was wrong when I guessed on here a few months ago that she was expecting so I hope this time it's true.

I just watched the Bringing Up Bates episodes On Demand and I wasn't aware that Erin had had three miscarriages. She and Chad always refer to "the" miscarriage (at least that's how I remember it) but Kelly said she had one soon after their wedding and then two more. The doctor also said he thinks he's found some answers as to why she's had the miscarriages (plural). I just find it interesting how it's being referred to differently.

Having said all that, I really REALLY hope she's pregnant and that she carries the baby to term. She seemed so sad on those episodes I just watched.

My guess would be that the 'main' miscarriage was the most prominent because she was pregnant longer and had to have a d&c and that the other two may have been been very early miscarriages - like she got a positive test and started bleeding the next day, that sort of thing. Obviously I don't know, but it seems likely given the timeline.

That video sneak peek and the way she is holding her belly in the TH sure makes it seem like she is pregnant. Good for them since this is obviously something they want.

It specifically says they are going to OBGYN in hopes of confirming their happy news. I'm not sure how anyone can say "I'm voting pregnant" when it's clearly obvious that she's pregnant. There's no guessing. It's basically been confirmed at this point.

Congrats to Erin and Chad. I really hope they raise their children in a respectful manner. Sigh :pray:

It specifically says they are going to OBGYN in hopes of confirming their happy news. I'm not sure how anyone can say "I'm voting pregnant" when it's clearly obvious that she's pregnant. There's no guessing. It's basically been confirmed at this point.

Congrats to Erin and Chad. I really hope they raise their children in a respectful manner. Sigh :pray:

Yay! Happy for them!

I hope she's pregnant. I would not be surprised if they wanted to wait for their own sake because of their medical history, as well as wait to announce in the middle of their UP show so more people would tune in for the announcement after the episodes leading up to it.

I have to admit, though, as happy as I would be for Erin, it's starting to freak me out to really think of the number of annual Duggar and Bates pregnancies we will be hearing about within the next few years. And in 10 years or so...God help us. We will not even be able to keep them all straight.

I wonder if they will try to do only unique names---example no "Zach's Bradley" and "Tori's Bradley"? I also think they would need a Google doc to be constantly updated with the names and birthdates and photo flash cards for the Grandparents. Or maybe they'll all get tshirts with their name on the front for Grandparent visits? People used to remark on the "huge" Kennedy family (grandchildren of Joe & Rose) but they forget that only 6 of the 9 Kennedys had children. Imagine if each Bates/Duggar has 4--10 kids and maybe one or two having 14+ That's an elementary school right there!

It was cross-posted and I didn't bother to notice or edit. :embarrassed:

Oooooooooohhhh I hope Erin is pregnant. It sucks being unable to have a baby when your other siblings are having babies, and everyone is expecting you to have as many kids as your parents did. She seems nice, and I hope she can overcome her sucky upbringing and be a good parent

Fingers crossed Erin goes to term. She and Chad are decent people in spite of the families they were raised in.

Until it's confirmed, there is still guessing. Unfortunately the reality is that she could have miscarried again.

I wonder if they will try to do only unique names---example no "Zach's Bradley" and "Tori's Bradley"? I also think they would need a Google doc to be constantly updated with the names and birthdates and photo flash cards for the Grandparents. Or maybe they'll all get tshirts with their name on the front for Grandparent visits? People used to remark on the "huge" Kennedy family (grandchildren of Joe & Rose) but they forget that only 6 of the 9 Kennedys had children. Imagine if each Bates/Duggar has 4--10 kids and maybe one or two having 14+ That's an elementary school right there!

If JB and Michelle can find 19 J names and leave out some obvious ones (although I'll argue that Joseph/Josiah/Josie and Joy Anna/Johannah are way too close and Jinger is a crime), then the Bates kids can uniquely name their grandchildren because it's not like there's a limited supply of names. I would not consider Bradley and Allie to be remotely close or related in terms of names.

And I also don't see any of the older Bateses having 19 kids (the youngers are too young to tell). The only Duggar kid I can see having 19 is Jill.

Chad & Erin's Instagram has a pic with a caption "Our heart is full" or something along those lines. That's what people tend to say when it comes to pregnancy/birth.

Chad & Erin's Instagram has a pic with a caption "Our heart is full" or something along those lines. That's what people tend to say when it comes to pregnancy/birth.

I was totally thinking that when I saw that post today. My immediate reaction was "YAYY! SHE'S PREGNANT!"

If JB and Michelle can find 19 J names and leave out some obvious ones (although I'll argue that Joseph/Josiah/Josie and Joy Anna/Johannah are way too close and Jinger is a crime), then the Bates kids can uniquely name their grandchildren because it's not like there's a limited supply of names. I would not consider Bradley and Allie to be remotely close or related in terms of names.

And I also don't see any of the older Bateses having 19 kids (the youngers are too young to tell). The only Duggar kid I can see having 19 is Jill.

Michaela I think will get the closest- she seems the most well-equipped to have that many children. Kelly even said so in an interview.

They just confirmed her pregnancy on the show.

Of course this would be my first post...

I'm happy for them. Did they say when she was due, or anything like that?

No due date or week count but there was a visible heartbeat. It looked like they found out sometime in the fall to me but again, no dates.

Michaela I think will get the closest- she seems the most well-equipped to have that many children. Kelly even said so in an interview.

She's also 25 (I think she will be this week) and not yet married (but will be soon). If she married at 19 like her sister, then yes. I just can't see her having 19 assuming she has her first at 26.

Archived