IGNORED

Bringing Up Bates & Other Bates Family Doings

happy atheist

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching the UP channel this afternoon (they show reruns of '80s TV shows like Family Ties and Growing Pains) and they had a promo for Bringing Up Bates saying, "See why millions of viewers have fallen in love with the family with more to love" and then scenes from the next episode. Guess UP is happy with the ratings so far?

Does anyone else thinks Erin's looking a little chunkier around the middle in this YouTube clip posted on Monday?

http://youtu.be/AWshi_GVko8

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her. She'd make such a great mum.

The way that top is gathered at the sides makes it look like a maternity top.

We'll find out whether she's pregnant soon enough, I guess.

Don't know if she's going to be a great mum. Will she push her children into fundieland?

Does anyone else thinks Erin's looking a little chunkier around the middle in this YouTube clip posted on Monday?

http://youtu.be/AWshi_GVko8

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her. She'd make such a great mum.

I'd say she looks larger around the middle. Could be food and/or clothing choices, but I have the feeling she's pregnant.

The way that top is gathered at the sides makes it look like a maternity top.

We'll find out whether she's pregnant soon enough, I guess.

Don't know if she's going to be a great mum. Will she push her children into fundieland?

She definitely looks pregnant. Like three, four months pregnant. That has to be the shirt. I mean, they started filming in September? If she's four months now, that means she conceived right after that doctor visit, which I guess is possible, but I can't see them not making the announcement at christmas. So it has to be the shirt. But she does look tired. Hmmm :think:

She definitely looks pregnant. Like three, four months pregnant. That has to be the shirt. I mean, they started filming in September? If she's four months now, that means she conceived right after that doctor visit, which I guess is possible, but I can't see them not making the announcement at christmas. So it has to be the shirt. But she does look tired. Hmmm :think:

She is definitely a little bigger around the middle. She is usually pretty small. Could definitely be pregnant or she could be stress eating. Maybe a medication causing weight gain. I honestly don't know if they would announce too early with all of her miscarriages. Or they may be going to announce on the show?

I, personally, am hoping it's preggs weight. Sure, she and Chad will probably fundie up all of their future children, but nothing would be worse than being unable to have children AND being firmly ensconced in Quiverfull land, between family and friends. I'm glad she at least teaches piano and does something else with her free time to keep her occupied. But let's face it, every day another sibling/Duggar gets pregnant is just a harsh reminder.

I agree, if she were pregnant, given the history of miscarriages/medical condition, they're probably keeping it under wraps as long as possible....or until UP tells them they can announce.

And, not that it's in any way relevant, but Chad is a total babe. Granted, that's compared to the likes of Robert Staddon and David Waller, but Erin at least got herself a catch to (hopefully) make cutie cute babies with...

I hope she's pregnant. I would not be surprised if they wanted to wait for their own sake because of their medical history, as well as wait to announce in the middle of their UP show so more people would tune in for the announcement after the episodes leading up to it.

I have to admit, though, as happy as I would be for Erin, it's starting to freak me out to really think of the number of annual Duggar and Bates pregnancies we will be hearing about within the next few years. And in 10 years or so...God help us. We will not even be able to keep them all straight.

When I watched the video mentioned, there was another video of Erin that was recommended in the sidebar where she's wearing a red top and black belt, and she looks a LOT slimmer there. Plus the shirt in the recent video has shirring on the side, which is common on current pregnancy fashion, although she has her normal type of jean skirt on. The next episode previews that she and Chad go back to the doctor, but you'd think they'd announce it via US (like Alyssa) before they did on UP.

I, personally, am hoping it's preggs weight. Sure, she and Chad will probably fundie up all of their future children, but nothing would be worse than being unable to have children AND being firmly ensconced in Quiverfull land, between family and friends. I'm glad she at least teaches piano and does something else with her free time to keep her occupied. But let's face it, every day another sibling/Duggar gets pregnant is just a harsh reminder.

I agree, if she were pregnant, given the history of miscarriages/medical condition, they're probably keeping it under wraps as long as possible....or until UP tells them they can announce.

And, not that it's in any way relevant, but Chad is a total babe. Granted, that's compared to the likes of Robert Staddon and David Waller, but Erin at least got herself a catch to (hopefully) make cutie cute babies with...

That does look like pregnancy bloat, even more than pregnancy weight gain. I was so bloated in my first pregnancy I looked like a parade float balloon. The bloat hits you everywhere, but I didn't get it in my face. Both her parents gain weight in their faces as does Zach. Logically but not definitely all the bates kids should show weight gain in the face. For her belly and backside to be that much bigger, one would think she'd beef up in her face if it was just too many cookies....

I still don't hold much hope for these kids but gosh, she is pretty and alive when she plays. So sad that she could not have chosen that secular school.

I can totally understand why they would wait to announce, given her history. I'm just thinking, if she's four months now, then she was three months at christmas, and that's the generally accepted "safe" point. Why not play it off as a christmas miracle :shrug: But UP probably has some deal on that, as someone else said, so yeah.

The medication they prescribed was folic acid and aspirin, neither even requires a prescription. They don't make you gain weight. She's definitely pregnant.

Yup she's pregnant based on that video! I went through a stage about 4 months where I just looked like i had eaten too much pudding before getting my bump. Just like Erin looks. And I also wore scarfs to hide distract attention away! As a slim person I hated that stage!

Even the way she is holding her arms in the picture its like she's a bit self conscious about being stared at side on, and is definitely trying to hide a baby bump. Erin seems quite vain so I doubt she would allow herself to put on weight just for the hell of it... In other videos she appears much thinner. I am voting pregnant. All I can feel is relief for her. Fundie women who cannot get pregnant talk like they have been cursed with a 'closed womb' and they just seem so sad and empty... Hopefully they announce it soon.

Even the way she is holding her arms in the picture its like she's a bit self conscious about being stared at side on, and is definitely trying to hide a baby bump. Erin seems quite vain so I doubt she would allow herself to put on weight just for the hell of it... In other videos she appears much thinner. I am voting pregnant. All I can feel is relief for her. Fundie women who cannot get pregnant talk like they have been cursed with a 'closed womb' and they just seem so sad and empty... Hopefully they announce it soon.

That's because they are sad and angry due to the fact that Jesus hates them :roll:

Here is a link to a performance video from a month before. I feel like a total leg humper for finding this, but for comparison:

https:/ /www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K4ZkZEhwNM (I tried to "break" it?)

I know it's two different outfits, dress vs. top & skirt, but that seems like a significant weight gain in a month...unless you are pregnant! Or have a hormone problem...I'm hoping for the first.

Does pregnancy make you gain rolls, not just a "baby bump"? I'm not trying to be snarky, just genuinely wondering. (And even fairly thin people can have rolls sometimes.)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
She definitely does look pregnant, though when I first started to cook only for Mr Pretzel and me I started gaining weight and looked a lot like Erin does in that video. Hormonal issues can also make you look bloated especially if you're taking meds but aren't adapting well to it.
I hope she's pregnant, though.

Chad's Christmas entry on his blog does sound like they're expecting but waiting to announce. All this talk about what's so great about life and God being so good, Erin finding a verse about God'd generousness etc...

Archived