IGNORED

Alyssa Bates/Webster is wearing PANTS!!

jinseng

I live in a warm area, so I don't really know. But I would think they would at least get their girls thermal underwear to wear with warm tights under thick skirts to play outside.

I only wore them once, on my one trip to the snow , and they seemed really warm.

I certainly hope they do that. Actually, I've gone out in skirts/dresses with thermal underwear + regular leggings/tights + legwarmers in sub-zero temperatures myself, and it's fine. BUT playing in the snow/sledding/skiing etc. are completely different things. Thermal underwear will not keep the snow out like snow pants do. You'll be wet and cold and miserable in a heartbeat.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who is tempted to create a parody website calling out fundies for their immoral and promiscuous wearing of skirts?

Because after all, it is dangerously easy for men to catch a glimpse of your UNDERWEAR if you are wearing skirts and make one false move! A nice pair of pants is WAY more modest, because your undies are safely hidden at all times.

It also takes more time to take off a pair of pants than it does to hike up your skirt if you are trying to sneak around for fornication purposes.

(Obviously I don't really believe in slut-shaming women for WHATEVER they want to wear, but I am amused by the idea of turning fundie ideas of modesty against them)

So I noticed both Alyssa and Erin posting about Valentines Day on their Instagram accounts. Doesn't the Bates family call it I Love You Day or something. If so, actually celebrating Valentines Day is one step in doing things differently than Mom and Dad.

Anna wore the skirt when she was on the bunny slopes with the kids but after Jana took the kids home Anna and Josh went skiing and she wore just the pants. Also Michelle wore a jumpsuit when she went skydiving with Jessa.

what episode was that?

So I noticed both Alyssa and Erin posting about Valentines Day on their Instagram accounts. Doesn't the Bates family call it I Love You Day or something. If so, actually celebrating Valentines Day is one step in doing things differently than Mom and Dad.

The Duggars and Bateses both call it I Love You Day. But they might be calling it Valentine's Day because it's on social media. Or maybe the married people can call it Valentine's Day because they can have sex.

thermal underwear is seriously the bomb. the kind i usually get is the silky kind as it's extra thin. it doesn't even seem like it would do anything, but it totally makes a big difference. i wouldn't have made it bussing to and from work last winter during the polar vortex without them.

Right now it's below zero, my dogs won't even go out in it. Kids definitely need snow pants. It's that cold that makes it hurt to breath and your eyes to water and ache because they start to freeze a bit.

I have a big ugly winter coat, when running errands I only wear it when it's below zero, or I know I will have a trek from the parkingot to the store. Otherwise it's just hat and gloves for me. Big bulky coats annoy the heck out of me.

It's hard to get kiddos dresses for the bus stop the 13y.o is too cool for winter coats. :roll:

I tried to be a cool mom and made hand warmers out of rice and toddler socks, you fill them with rice, tie them, and fold over the cuff. They heat in the microwave. My kindergardener son unrolls them and uses them like a prisoner would use a sock full of quarters. Whipping his sisters with them. Honestly, that boy.

Ok I have edited his four times now, fuck any grammar problems.

The Duggars and Bateses both call it I Love You Day. But they might be calling it Valentine's Day because it's on social media. Or maybe the married people can call it Valentine's Day because they can have sex.

I think it's to not give those Catholics and their saints any acknowledgement

Right now it's below zero, my dogs won't even go out in it. Kids definitely need snow pants. It's that cold that makes it hurt to breath and your eyes to water and ache because they start to freeze a bit.

I have a big ugly winter coat, when running errands I only wear it when it's below zero, or I know I will have a trek from the parkingot to the store. Otherwise it's just hat and gloves for me. Big bulky coats annoy the heck out of me.

It's hard to get kiddos dresses for the bus stop the 13y.o is too cool for winter coats. :roll:

I tried to be a cool mom and made hand warmers out of rice and toddler socks, you fill them with rice, tie them, and fold over the cuff. They heat in the microwave. My kindergardener son unrolls them and uses them like a prisoner would use a sock full of quarters. Whipping his sisters with them. Honestly, that boy.

Ok I have edited his four times now, fuck any grammar problems.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: before you got to the part about using those hand warmers as a weapon , I was going :shock: in my head, picturing my boys when they were little and what would have happened if they had those! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that too (the sleeveless top pic). If you go through her Instagram to her original honeymoom pics, that photo isn't there--but there is one with a shrug over the sleeveless top:

instagram.com/p/okMeNmpAsd/?modal=true

I am glad she can now be public with her evolving clothing choices.

what episode was that?

I remember this episode! However, I don't think she meant to even wear a skirt with the kids. She hadn't changed yet and the kids were getting antsy so she just took them on the bunny hill really quickly before changing. I don't think she was out in the skirt a very long time.

The Duggar girls also wore (Very long Very large) mesh shorts when they went zorbing in Pigeon Forge. This was a long long time ago (like the first season) and I can't find a picture or a clip but I'll keep looking.

This thread has some really funny posts...some it made my Sierra Mist go up my nose, thanks for the laughs.

I have asked a bunch of guys I work with, my BF, my ex (we have a kid so we talk a lot) and they ALL find skirts WAY sexier that pants, especially fitted pencil skirts. I wear almost exclusively skirts in the summer so I am pro skirts. BTW all of the men, about 30 of them, I have asked in the past couple of weeks said number one reason they like skirts is "Easy access". :think: So bring on the website about the women who defraud men by wearing skirts.

Another comment I wanted to make is that , in my experience, there are many religions that believe that people who do not believe as they do, are going to hell. I have been told I'm going to hell many times during theological discussions and it was not with people who I would say are evangelical or fundie. As my BF says "that's how they try to get you to join their 'club', by trying to convince you that if you don't you will burn"....can you tell he doesn't believe in any organized religion? :pray:

I'm one of those people who asks a lot of questions and goes with the philosophy of ask just about anyone anything I want to know. It is up to them to have to say "I'd rather not say" or "MYOB" if they don't want to answer. Many religions do not support LGBT or abortion rights, or even women's rights in general. That is why I focus on, instead of freaking out about the many religions, sects, cults, that have views I can't stand, that the separation of Church and State needs to be maintained, that eliminates all the issues and allows everyone to be as high and mighty as they like without being able to take rights away from others. I also believe all marriages should be civil unions and the churches/religions can sort out who they are willing to marry for the religious ceremony. There are European countries that have required a civil union that is totally separate from the religious ceremony and have done it that was a really long time. Though I also believe Marriage or Civil Union between anyone should have to be renewed every 7 or so years. That would help a lot and clear up a lot of mess of divorce. When children entered the picture there would have to be some rules about that in case the union was not renewed.

Finally my SIL and several of the alums from my sorority who were on the board while I was in college are very Evangelical. SIL Baptist, Sorority ladies Lutheran (I forget which synod, one of the stricter ones but I have heard fire and brimstone at marriages and baptisms in all synods of the Lutheran church). All have confronted me about my poor soul and how it's going to fry like bacon in hell. The best answer I came up with is "No, I know I'm NOT going to hell so please do not worry about me". Since they are so convinced that we are all sinners. they look stunned for a minute then launch into but I'm not a XYZ true believer so how on earth could I be saved. Then I say "I asked Jesus and he told me I'm all good". Again they are stunned and usually ask how do I know that, that I'm missing some key part of their religion, that I don't attend church regularly blah blah blah. So I sweetly say "it really is kind of you to be so worried by trust me Jesus and I are tight and he has repeatedly told that he is alllll good with all of my life choices." If they site examples of my sins, I say "yep asked him about that too and he said I'm all good". Key being to be really cheerful and confident and yes Blessed while affirming this. This flabbergasted my SIL and she said but we are all sinners and how could you know you are right with God without her religion etc. I looked her in the eye said "I asked Jesus, he appeared to me and told me he is totally FINE with all of my deeds and actions so I have ZERO worries". She just said "you spoke directly to Jesus?" and I said "yes I did, don't you? I find him to be very accommodating, just ask" That conversation has kept her from preaching to me for 15 years now,after 5 years of constant recruiting on her part, worked like a charm!

Finally if God is really anti LBGT while does he keep blessing Fundie families (and other closed mind folk) with children who are? I mean they want as many of God's blessings as he wants to give them to have and say it is all his hands....so why would he give them a LBGT child if he didn't approve?

Alyssa's latest instagram pic shows the two of them in what appears to be a ballet studio. Her hashtag is regarding late night cleaning and she said she enjoys helping him out. Yet they're dressed like they're going to Sunday morning service. What kind of cleaning do they do dressed like that?

Alyssa's latest instagram pic shows the two of them in what appears to be a ballet studio. Her hashtag is regarding late night cleaning and she said she enjoys helping him out. Yet they're dressed like they're going to Sunday morning service. What kind of cleaning do they do dressed like that?

John looks kind of scruffy, so maybe he came straight from work and is going to get changed?

My grandmother used to do cleaning work, and I can always remember how she would travel (on public transport, she never learnt to drive) to each job all dressed up to the nines. Once she got there, she would get changed, do the work and then get dressed up again to go home. God forbid anyone see her in her cleaning clothes!

alyssa is so cute. she has a great sense of style and i can't wait to see how she's going to dress little allie jane.

John looks kind of scruffy, so maybe he came straight from work and is going to get changed?

Perhaps they went after a Sunday evening service?

I wonder if they actually supervise others who do the cleaning. She has mentioned before that they do after-hours cleaning.

I'm not going to snark on them for it. I wish some of their work ethic would rub off on Duggars.

I just saw that Alyssa posted a TBT photo from her honeymoon a couple of days ago, and she was ALREADY wearing a sleeveless top then. Girlfriend could not WAIT to shed her family's modesty standards, it appears. Probably just took her a while to own up to it publicly.

Here's the picture: https://instagram.com/p/z2WdPcJAiO/?modal=true

Somewhere in the threads was a post mentioning how mopey Alyssa was prior to the wedding per Kelly's blog somewhere. That she couldn't wait to be married to John, etc. Well darn, I bet she couldn't wait. Not just to be with John, obviously they are good together, but I bet she was counting the days that she could finally get out of the family zoo home and make her own choices.

I wasn't keen on the fact that she was marrying at 19, but now seeing how she's enjoying her freedom, I think she's better off for doing it rather than waiting until she was a bit older. They have a nice place, they are expecting their little girl, John seems to be a good guy and hardworking, she helps him out on one of his jobs. I think things have fallen well into place for her.

ETA: I mentioned on the other Bates thread that I don't think all of the kids are happy to be a huge family and want more babies as Kelly and Gil have stated. Quite the contrary, I think some of them hate it but have no choice and they sure aren't going to say anything about it. Now, I would love to hear what some of them say 10 years from now.

Alyssa posted a new instagram pic of her wearing another cute sleeveless dress. She looks adorable! I am dying to know what Kelly really thinks every time Alyssa posts a pic displaying her new way of dressing :D

Jup, she looks great. Think she'll ditch the modesty panels anytime soon?

yes. girl was out of sleeves on her honeymoon. the one thing her mom has said all along is she wants sleeves on her girls, above all else.

Jup, she looks great. Think she'll ditch the modesty panels anytime soon?

There was a picture she posted recently of a v-neck top that was lower cut than the Bates girls usually wear. I think she'll ditch the modesty panels as she becomes more comfortable dressing "secularly."

https://instagram.com/p/zQPOqGpAgb/?tak ... bster4ever

yes. girl was out of sleeves on her honeymoon. the one thing her mom has said all along is she wants sleeves on her girls, above all

else.

She sure didn't waste any time. But really what's so defrauding about being sleeveless? That's nothing, IMHO, compared to the other ways one can be really, truly defrauding that seriously screams NIKE!

yes. girl was out of sleeves on her honeymoon. the one thing her mom has said all along is she wants sleeves on her girls, above all else.

Soooooooo sleeves are more important for modesty than anything else?

I think if I go to Kelly's house, I will wear a completely unbuttoned long sleeved shirt. And nothing else.

Also hilarious would be a loose, long sleeved, highnecked white maxi dress--made of thin t-shirt material. With no bra or undies on underneath.

Finally, here she is with a sundress without a t-shirt underneath!!!!! :shock: :pink-shock:

Okay, she does have a tank top on underneath, but it's hardly noticeable. :D

10384902_381204118734173_5780541751770106552_n.jpg?oh=546964ea9b6108ea613e970d8ab1bd8c&oe=55B901DE

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived