IGNORED

Alyssa Bates/Webster is wearing PANTS!!

jinseng

Didn't she say she held off because she wanted to announce in person? I think that's reasonable.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't she say she held off because she wanted to announce in person? I think that's reasonable.

Indeed it is reasonable. But note that she didn't go rushing off to TN to announce in person the minute the pee stick was dry, either.

Indeed it is reasonable. But note that she didn't go rushing off to TN to announce in person the minute the pee stick was dry, either.

I wouldn't expect her to. She knew she'd be going back soon enough.

I wouldn't expect her to. She knew she'd be going back soon enough.

And this is good. Considering the over-involvedness of the family, I think it was a good sign that she decided to wait until whenever she got there. I mean, this is a family where the parents are advising the soon to be married chidren and their intendeds, weeks before their wedding about sex which I personally find squicky, intrusive and serious boundary crossing. I know that it might not appear as that intrusive to them in their world, but in light of that it just seems interesting that Alyssa waited to share this information.

The parents are super-intrusive. In one episode "Bringing Up Bates" Erin and Chad are having a double-date with Michaela and Brandon and Erin asked them how the talk with their parents went and added "Some of the talks we had were adward, especially the ones close to the wedding." At least she realized that it IS akward to get advice from your parents how to get screwed.

The parents are super-intrusive. In one episode "Bringing Up Bates" Erin and Chad are having a double-date with Michaela and Brandon and Erin asked them how the talk with their parents went and added "Some of the talks we had were adward, especially the ones close to the wedding." At least she realized that it IS akward to get advice from your parents how to get screwed.

Better that than not knowing anything at all, right? I'm still thinking that Joe Maxhell and OfJoe haven't figured it out yet, IYKWIM... :embarrassed:

And this is good. Considering the over-involvedness of the family, I think it was a good sign that she decided to wait until whenever she got there. I mean, this is a family where the parents are advising the soon to be married chidren and their intendeds, weeks before their wedding about sex which I personally find squicky, intrusive and serious boundary crossing. I know that it might not appear as that intrusive to them in their world, but in light of that it just seems interesting that Alyssa waited to share this information.

it's normal. my husband and i have decided to wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone (including parents) about any pregnancies. his parents have big mouths and once they knew, everyone would know. so the only way to prevent that is to keep quiet until we'd be fine with everybody knowing.

• 1 month later...

so there's still talk on alyssa's instagram about whether or not she's wearing jeans, or a jean skirt in this picture. it's clearly jeans, and people screaming about how immodest alyssa is being by choosing to wear pants need to shut the fuck up already.

john webster left this reply. :lol:

post-6504-1445200018955_thumb.jpg

so there's still talk on alyssa's instagram about whether or not she's wearing jeans, or a jean skirt in this picture. it's clearly jeans, and people screaming about how immodest alyssa is being by choosing to wear pants need to shut the fuck up already.

john webster left this reply. :lol:

:cracking-up:

it's normal. my husband and i have decided to wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone (including parents) about any pregnancies. his parents have big mouths and once they knew, everyone would know. so the only way to prevent that is to keep quiet until we'd be fine with everybody knowing.

Also, the pregnancy won't feel Haislipian in length of gestation, ala Jill Duggar.

I now have renewed hope that we might go 2-3 years without an announcement from them.

Oh, who am I kidding?

You don't want to defraud guys by causing them to imagine armpit sex. :naughty:

Armpit sex is about the only explanation of that something I saw earlier today on a regrettable tattoos website. A young woman had a vulva tattooed on her armpit.

Armpit sex is about the only explanation of that something I saw earlier today on a regrettable tattoos website. A young woman had a vulva tattooed on her armpit.

That is just hilarious :D Why would anyone think that was a good idea :D

That is just hilarious :D Why would anyone think that was a good idea :D

Her parents must be bursting with pride.

well, it's not a shorts or regular swimwear picture, but it is quite a bit of leg above the knee.

11202534_1583538285256104_960203767_n.jpg

i love this girl. seriously.

I don't doubt that she wore a regular swimsuit of some type underneath, but she's not going to post the evidence. If we see her in a regular swimsuit, it will be through someone else's photos.

Alyssa probably wakes up every single day thanking God for taking her to Florida. Far, far away from her family...who I'm sure she still loves very much. But. She looks so happy and comfortable in her "new" life.

I really hope some other Bates or Duggar girls have the same type of transition, but I bet they are all judging Alyssa HARD while they secretly dream about how comfortable yoga pants would be.

I always knew Alyssa had a spark. You can just tell that she has a type of confidence that her sisters unfortunately don't seem to have. She's really played this well, IMO...she did her own thing but was not disrespectful or "in your face" to her family about it.

She looks SO MUCH like Kelly now. Every day it's more and more.

Alyssa probably wakes up every single day thanking God for taking her to Florida. Far, far away from her family...who I'm sure she still loves very much. But. She looks so happy and comfortable in her "new" life.

I really hope some other Bates or Duggar girls have the same type of transition, but I bet they are all judging Alyssa HARD while they secretly dream about how comfortable yoga pants would be.

I always knew Alyssa had a spark. You can just tell that she has a type of confidence that her sisters unfortunately don't seem to have. She's really played this well, IMO...she did her own thing but was not disrespectful or "in your face" to her family about it.

She looks SO MUCH like Kelly now. Every day it's more and more.

She does really look like her mother. I think we seeing Kelly as she was when she was in college.

Alyssa seems to really be enjoying her life as it is now. I know she loves her family but I can't help but wonder if she really chafed under their rules / lifestyle and was more than ready to get the hell out. When I first heard she was engaged to get married at 19, my first thought was "oh no" but now I think she knew exactly what she was doing, rather than blindly following the fundie rules for how fundie young women should live their lives. She took the rules and made it work for her. I suspect she followed her parents' rules because there was no other choice of course, but used it as her ticket out, meaning courtship (or dating with a purpose or whatever the hell Kelly calls it) leading to marriage leading to getting out of there. I wonder if Kelly and Gill feel a bit duped seeing her rock short, sleeveless dresses and jeans. Let's face it, they were controlling fundie parents who actually instructed their adult children about to get married all about sex, which I find super intrusive as well as squicky. So I don't doubt for a moment they are feeling a bit shocked over their daughter's seeming exit out of fundieland.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think that she used John as a ticket out. I can see she really cares for him and he cares for her. They seem a happy couple fully enjoying life. But she saw her chance and took it, that girl, she's smart.

It's also quite the low neckline. You go, girl!

I was just going to say, the neckline is looking lower as well! Not that that's a problem. They both look very happy and like completely normal beach goers.

Short sleeve shirts and jeans are one thing...bring on NFP and a manageable and affordable family size and I'll be more convinced.

Short sleeve shirts and jeans are one thing...bring on NFP and a manageable and affordable family size and I'll be more convinced.

Baby steps

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived