IGNORED

Alyssa Bates/Webster is wearing PANTS!!

jinseng

Short sleeve shirts and jeans are one thing...bring on NFP and a manageable and affordable family size and I'll be more convinced.

Bring on public or private schooling! I don't watch the show so how I don't know how involved she was with homeschooling the younger kids

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Alyssa and John will probably stay conservative because their families and communities are. Conservative Christian to fundie light is my guess (and it's a blurry line anyway).

I think Alyssa and John will probably stay conservative because their families and communities are. Conservative Christian to fundie light is my guess (and it's a blurry line anyway).

what do you define the difference as?

what do you define the difference as?

I think seeing yourself as part of The Only True Church/The Only True Christians is key to fundamentalism. Accepting other churches as validly Christian is moving into conservative Christianity.

For now, I'm glad that Alyssa is questioning the teachings of her childhood and is brave enough to make some changes. On the surface, they appear to be strictly cosmetic changes, but we don't know what we can't see. At the very least, little Allie Jane will have a childhood where she can run and play, unencumbered by long dresses.

11199432_1596413493960692_1618198907_n.jpg

reading the comments, the usual "she's not modest" "the dress is modest" and then i see this....

flyerfan64

She is hot ! U need to pose for playboy

11199432_1596413493960692_1618198907_n.jpg

reading the comments, the usual "she's not modest" "the dress is modest" and then i see this....

Dafuq is wrong with people? Why can't they just say something nice like, "Beautiful family/baby", or "I love your dress" or "Nice couch pillows"?

It would drive me insane to have these stupid people making comments on a simple family photo I posted. Between the "your dress is not modest" bullshit to the weird "pose for Playboy"comment, I would end up going private.

I am ornary this morning.

But their family is adorable. And her baby is so teeny-looking. I would rather see her than all the creepy Izzy photos.

Do these people have no social skills?? Nothing wrong with posing nude if someone chooses to do it, but it is creepy to suggest to someone that they should.

Dafuq is wrong with people? Why can't they just say something nice like, "Beautiful family/baby", or "I love your dress" or "Nice couch pillows"?

It would drive me insane to have these stupid people making comments on a simple family photo I posted. Between the "your dress is not modest" bullshit to the weird "pose for Playboy"comment, I would end up going private.

I am ornary this morning.

But their family is adorable. And her baby is so teeny-looking. I would rather see her than all the creepy Izzy photos.

Israel David Dillard is a (not so) tiny innocent little human being, that has nothing done wrong in this world. I don't get the Baby-Izzy rants /hate that's going on. People dislike his parents and the family he comes from? Yeah well, take it out on them. But stop bitching and insulting a frickin little BABY! Baby Israel deserves better than to be insulted all over the internet because he was born to the "wrong" family. I'm wondering where people have their manners there?!?! :angry-banghead:

Off topic: how do women walk in shoes that are too big? Hers are too big, right?

Off topic: how do women walk in shoes that are too big? Hers are too big, right?

No, not necessarily. It's the angle at which she's sitting and positioning her feet.She's leaning forward with her feet so her ankles aren't touching the back of her shoes. It doesn't mean that her heel isn't touching the back either. Once she'll stand up her ankles will meet the back and the shoe will fit. Heels that high are often bought a tad bit smaller than the actual foot size so it's pretty unlikely that her shoes are too big. Judging from the picture I'd say they have a decent fit.

No, not necessarily. It's the angle at which she's sitting and positioning her feet.She's leaning forward with her feet so her ankles aren't touching the back of her shoes. It doesn't mean that her heel isn't touching the back either. Once she'll stand up her ankles will meet the back and the shoe will fit. Heels that high are often bought a tad bit smaller than the actual foot size so it's pretty unlikely that her shoes are too big. Judging from the picture I'd say they have a decent fit.

You might be right but I've noticed this on 'celebrities', too. Even when they're standing there's a gap at the heel. I wondered if purchasing shoes that fit is the reason I am in agony all the time. Literally, all the time.

I think the same thing about shoes with the gaps. I have very narrow feet, and it's harder to find cute shoes that fit; I think some women just buy the medium widths and let their feet slide down into the shoe. I am not saying that's what Alyssa is doing because of the way she is sitting, but celebrities definitely do.

Israel David Dillard is a (not so) tiny innocent little human being, that has nothing done wrong in this world. I don't get the Baby-Izzy rants /hate that's going on. People dislike his parents and the family he comes from? Yeah well, take it out on them. But stop bitching and insulting a frickin little BABY! Baby Israel deserves better than to be insulted all over the internet because he was born to the "wrong" family. I'm wondering where people have their manners there?!?! :angry-banghead:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Seriously, the way some people talk about Isreal and Josie is really disturbing.

My comment about Izzy was out of line, and I apologize.

He is just an innocent baby who will probably grow up to be a nice-looking boy (I think Jill and Derick are both good-looking). Still, I wish that Jill and Derick would quietly go away for a while. They do annoy me, but I hope that they can learn to be a family of three and get to know their baby out of the spotlight.

My comment about Izzy was out of line, and I apologize.

He is just an innocent baby who will probably grow up to be a nice-looking boy (I think Jill and Derick are both good-looking). Still, I wish that Jill and Derick would quietly go away for a while. They do annoy me, but I hope that they can learn to be a family of three and get to know their baby out of the spotlight.

I get the annoyance. Agree it would be nice for both Jill and Derick to just step back and have time with their baby away from the media circus. It's just a shame that the little guy is already in the spotlight like he is and unfortunately as long as the show lasts, it's going to be his future. One of the costs of fame, I am afraid.

Alyssa had some polite, yet sassy replies to the people calling her out for not wearing things that "draw attention to her countenance". You go, Alyssa!

Alyssa has this to say in response to a commenter who said she "dressed in a way where a pervert [...] will discuss a very wicked magazine.":

I don't believe the way I'm dressed is perverted or sexual. I try to dress modestly to draw attention to Christ. I can't help it if there is someone out there who has a dirty mind... They will be that way regardless of what I wear unfortunately.

Can I take a moment to say that I am absolutely THRILLED to see a woman brought up in ATI saying that women aren't responsible for men's thoughts and urges? I'm so glad she hasn't bought into the victim blaming so common amongst fundies. SO glad.

:clap:

It annoys me that these people are giving her such a hard time over her wardrobe, but I also feel sad that she has to defend what she's wearing as modest. Alyssa is the sole owner of her body, and should be able to wear whatever she wants. Tube top and shorts? Bikini? Sure, go for it. Neither should make her less of a woman, or less of a Christian. This idea that you are a good/bad or sinful/godly person based on your wardrobe is a pretty horrible one. Just another part of the women-shaming culture.

Alyssa has this to say in response to a commenter who said she "dressed in a way where a pervert [...] will discuss a very wicked magazine.":

Can I take a moment to say that I am absolutely THRILLED to see a woman brought up in ATI saying that women aren't responsible for men's thoughts and urges? I'm so glad she hasn't bought into the victim blaming so common amongst fundies. SO glad.

I do not get this comment: "I try to dress modestly to draw attention to Christ." How does that dress or a pair of jeans draw attention to Christ?

I think Alyssa is a beautiful, vibrant young woman and I hope very much that she wears exactly what she wants to for the rest of her life. Maybe keep it off social media, but WEAR IT, girl!! You are only young and hot in Florida for so long, then you are middle-aged like the rest of Floridians.

I was her age when I lived in S. Florida and I think she dresses modestly, still.

The humidity makes the temps. almost unbearable starting around April- May.

Yay! That is brilliant, go Alyssa! The only thing that matters about Alyssa's wardrobe is that she likes it, everyone else can go to hell. Her outfit is modest enough by normal standards, she is wearing clothing, you cant see bare boob, ass or genitalia. That will do. She looks awesome. Anyone who wants to complain about her distracting male attention and defrauding them should just give their dick a cold shower and shut up. Shes right about the kind of person who is sexualising her clothing choices being perverted nomatter what she wears. Whether someone is wearing a miniskirt or a long denim skirt, or even covered from head to toe in a burqa, someone somewhere is going to be turned on by it.

Yay! That is brilliant, go Alyssa! The only thing that matters about Alyssa's wardrobe is that she likes it, everyone else can go to hell. Her outfit is modest enough by normal standards, she is wearing clothing, you cant see bare boob, ass or genitalia. That will do. She looks awesome. Anyone who wants to complain about her distracting male attention and defrauding them should just give their dick a cold shower and shut up. Shes right about the kind of person who is sexualising her clothing choices being perverted nomatter what she wears. Whether someone is wearing a miniskirt or a long denim skirt, or even covered from head to toe in a burqa, someone somewhere is going to be turned on by it.

Exactly! In fact I was pretty surprised to see this picture of Erin posted by Lawson recently - where is the eye drawn here (and the irony that it references a boy?)? It doesn't bother me, but it certainly doesn't draw the eye to Erin's countenance - I would expect this more from Alyssa:

instagram.com/p/2KeUROPfQM

I LOVE that she can acknowledge that it's not her f*cking problem if some random person she does not even know looks at her and imagines her naked in Playboy. It doesn't matter if you're wearing a bikini or a frumper, you can't control someone else's imagination. And good luck trying. Not. Her. Problem. Hope her siblings can pick up on that.

Florida is no place for floorlength denim skirts and cardigans. She looks great, happy, healthy, radiant. Go Alyssa.

I think Alyssa is a beautiful, vibrant young woman and I hope very much that she wears exactly what she wants to for the rest of her life. Maybe keep it off social media, but WEAR IT, girl!! You are only young and hot in Florida for so long, then you are middle-aged like the rest of Floridians.

I was her age when I lived in S. Florida and I think she dresses modestly, still.

The humidity makes the temps. almost unbearable starting around April- May.

she'll be damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. people will say she's reverted back to her parents rules if she's only seen wearing sleeves and skirts. and if she decides to wear jeans and sleeveless tops she's pretty much branded a harlot by the fanatics.

i don't think she should have to censor herself, there is nothing to censor. she's not walking around naked. by having this kind of viewpoint is basically shaming her choices to wear pants and show her *gasp* upper arms.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived