IGNORED

Alyssa Bates/Webster is wearing PANTS!!

jinseng

I think it's a beautiful sign of Alyssas maturity. A maturity that she also showed in her comments on instagram. She can see beyond the fundie brainwashing machinery of ATI/IBLP.

Go Alyssa! :clap: :clap:

She should start a group and give "how to" lessons to all the others, who are interested.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could solve this problem by sewing (or buying) 2 - 3 underskirts, they are made of a kind of silky material and very comfy. I don´t sew them to a certain skirt, I wear them just underneath and wash them, so I can wear them more often and with every skirt I want to.

How is an "underskirt" different that a slip?

Anyway, I just noticed that Alyssa Bates is flashing a fuschia bra strap in her latest Instagram. Go on with your bad self, Alyssa. :)

Anyway, I just noticed that Alyssa Bates is flashing a fuschia bra strap in her latest Instagram. Go on with your bad self, Alyssa. :)

I noticed that too. This really surprises me more than the knee flashing and pants wearing. Cause, ya know, if a man sees a bra strap, he'll know you have breasts. And then he will think of himself touching your breasts. And then he will imagine doing all kinds of dirty things to you. And then he goes to hell because OMG BRA STRAP and all that.

I'd love to see her put a streak of hot pink Manic Panic in her hair, next. I think she'd suit it. :D

Also, I hope she (and her readers) eventually get to the point where she can post all of her outfits online in full without people going "OMG, you immodest heathen! You're causing men to stumble and you're going to hell for turning your back on God!"

Because honestly? It's the people insulting her wardrobe that are the spiritually (and otherwise) immature ones.

I think Alyssa is empowered by all of the support she gets from social media. Most of her Christian, female fans agree with her that she looks totally fine and appropriate, and beautiful. She's realizing very few people are as strict as her parents.

Whenever I hear Alyssa speak, I am surprised by how nasal her voice is. The way she looks doesn't match the way my head thinks she should sound. Sorry, random and off topic.

I'm happy that she's comfortable and confident enough to not feel she has to wear a long, denim skirt in the hot, Florida summer. She always looks great and put together, even when she's in a baseball cap and tee-shirt. I hope her confidence extends to knowing that she is beautiful all the time, and that she truly believes it is her countenance that makes her beautiful, not that she has to get done-up everyday so John will love her.Her style reminds me of some of the young, Mormon wives that I have seen, and I know that both the LDS and ATI groups tend to teach women unhealthy attitudes in addition to Jesus said be modest or you're an ebil tease.

Wasn't Alyssa the one who introduced Zach and Whitney by giving Zach Whitney's number? As opposed to praying about it for weeks, inviting Whitney's whole family over for fellowship, asking her headship's permission, etc? That's quite worldly of her!

Wasn't Alyssa the one who introduced Zach and Whitney by giving Zach Whitney's number? As opposed to praying about it for weeks, inviting Whitney's whole family over for fellowship, asking her headship's permission, etc? That's quite worldly of her!

Is she? I didn't know this. I thought Zach and Whit met at Whit's burger joint job. I imagined him just going there to eat all the time, working up the nerve to talk to her. And then them secretly "dating" during her breaks until some one caught them kissing and they had to 'fess up to Gil and Kelly. I think I might need a social life.

Ah, now I know how it is called in english, thanks (non-native speaker here). The material is not different only the idea that you don´t fix it / sew it to a special skirt.

Ah, now I know how it is called in english, thanks (non-native speaker here). The material is not different only the idea that you don´t fix it / sew it to a special skirt.

You don't sew slips to skirts, my mama made me get a few to keep in the wardrobe and I wear with certain dresses that either get slightly see through or are wool (and irritate my skin). I have a stash, and I know which dresses need them, but they're not sewn on and I mix and match.

I'd love to see her put a streak of hot pink Manic Panic in her hair, next. I think she'd suit it. :D

Also, I hope she (and her readers) eventually get to the point where she can post all of her outfits online in full without people going "OMG, you immodest heathen! You're causing men to stumble and you're going to hell for turning your back on God!"

Because honestly? It's the people insulting her wardrobe that are the spiritually (and otherwise) immature ones.

YES!!! It would look so good on her omg!!

YES!!! It would look so good on her omg!!

As someone who alternates between pink and purple hair these days, I wholly approve! And I highly recommed SPLAT! "Lusty Lavender" for longer lasting color (Target even carries it!).

I also wonder if that's a nursing bra or she is bottle feeding - at least we know she won't be walking around with a My Breast Friend around her middle like Michelle. Alyssa's too classy for that. Actually she is making the Duggar girls look frumpy even with their more "modern"/less denim current looks.

Alyssa posted an adorable picture of her and her husband. They are celebrating their first anniversary with a weekend getaway and she mentioned leaving baby Allie with her grandparents (I assume John's parents). Of course, she's getting some flack for daring to be away from her baby for a weekend :roll:

Alyssa posted an adorable picture of her and her husband. They are celebrating their first anniversary with a weekend getaway and she mentioned leaving baby Allie with her grandparents (I assume John's parents). Of course, she's getting some flack for daring to be away from her baby for a weekend :roll:

I think Alyssa needs new followers who aren't judgemental dickheads. There is nothing wrong with a couple spending a weekend away from their baby. Its not like they are abandoning or, and its not like Allie is going to forget who her parents are in two days.

Good for John & Alyssa. One of the many unhealthy things about Gothardism is the ideal that the whole damn family should be all together, all the time. I continue to celebrate Alyssa's baby steps towards a more flexible life.

Ugh how annoying. Also it's not like they went across the country, they are still obviously in Florida.

I think Alyssa is empowered by all of the support she gets from social media. Most of her Christian, female fans agree with her that she looks totally fine and appropriate, and beautiful. She's realizing very few people are as strict as her parents.

I think so too. I usually refrain from liking any fundie pics on Instagram to prevent them gaining more traction, but lately, any time I see Alyssa in pants or something that shows her shoulders, I've been liking the picture. It feels like a little way I can give her a fist bump of support.

I guess I'm on my own here, but I'm surprised she left her newborn for the weekend. She's so young (I mean the baby :) ).

Uh oh, it hasn't been the required 80 days yet!!11! Hopefully, this is another example of Alyssa learning to make her own decisions instead of following the indoctrination of her parents and Gothardism.

I know that the whole 40 days for a boy and 80 days for a girl is in the Bible, but technically that only applies to those who are Jewish, as they under the old law. Most Christians don't belive that the Jewish laws apply to those under the New Law (Jesus). And that is why it's so weird what Gothard has decided which Old Teatament laws his people should follow- like no pork and the sex time frames, but he leaves out a bunch of other things like the prohibition of wearing clothes made of mixed fibers and men and their beards.

I guess I'm on my own here, but I'm surprised she left her newborn for the weekend. She's so young (I mean the baby :) ).

So no breastfeeding? Well it's up to her.

Alyssa deserves fun. But I would never leave a newborn for vacation.

Well maybe she's realising life is more than babies and she's using condons already.

I would be more concerned if it they were halfway across the country, but Alyssa posted a picture of the Castle Hotel Orlando. I can't fault them for enjoying a weekend staycation on their first anniversary, and I'm sure John's parents are thrilled to spend time with their granddaughter. I'm glad Alyssa is having fun :D

Well maybe she's realising life is more than babies and she's using condons already.

Here's hoping Allie is their only child for at least two years, if not more.

She could easily have pumped a night's supply; no reason to assume anything. As MissBitters pointed out, they're still in Orlando.

she could be breast feeding and have pumped for the weekend. Or partially pumped and using formula for the rest, or even just using formula for the weekend, or when they go out. Everyone's different of course, but many women can use formula when convienent , but still have no difficulty breastfeeding .

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived