IGNORED

Alyssa Bates/Webster is wearing PANTS!!

jinseng

Zsu and Candy Brauer both believe that women should never, ever, ever wear pants for whatever reason.

I think Zsu might have some old posts about exercising in a skirt back during the two weeks when she was really into that (it was between Anna and Steven).

But if you're looking for absolute, 100% NEVER EVER WEAR PANTS Christians, try Zsu. I think there's a PP sermon on it as well.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Thomas women do wear slacks and capri pants sometimes. I even seen pics of Darth Morton wearing capris on her husband's blog. Well actually it was his sister's blog. The younger Servan women wear shorter dresses than their 2 older sisters.

Sarah Serven has worn pants since she married, her hubby posted a pic of them out for the evening and she's wearing jeans. websta.me/p/859234221655272190_199891993

The Alexanders/The Main Morton family are pretty much skirts only. Darth and the Sanders women wear pants. Lise wears, or at least wore, pants early in her marriage when they were living in Texas. I've never seen Katie, Kressant, or Rachel in pants after marriage on any of the blogs, or at least not that I can remember.

I wouldn't say it was an ATI thing because even Kristina(when she was still pants only) believed it was a sin for women to wear pants at any time because they were men's clothing. Perhaps VF followers didn't believe that way, but there are lots of fundamental Christians who do.

I grew up IFB and never heard of Gothard until I had reaached adulthood and escaped, despite growing up in southern Wisconsin and not being far from ATI headquarters. We attended one particular church for five hellish years where it was preached adamantly that women wearing pants of any kind, at any time and for any reason was a sin.

PrairieGirl, did you play in the snow? I always wondered how girls go sledding etc. in the snow when they aren't allowed wear snow pants or suits.

PrairieGirl, did you play in the snow? I always wondered how girls go sledding etc. in the snow when they aren't allowed wear snow pants or suits.

Not PrairieGirl, but we lived outside Omaha for several years, and yes, we played in the snow. We wore skirts and tights and legwarmers and It. Was. Miserable.

Jessa Duggar Seewald and one of her little sisters in snow pants. The Duggars are not 100% skirts only(maybe 99% :lol: )

@lexiloumarie: The Morton boys posted a photo of Martha wearing pants while hunting.

They've showed them a few other times in pants --- skydiving, the little girls in blanket sleepers, Jinger after working- out at home. I think also someone in pants when they went skiing?

They've showed them a few other times in pants --- skydiving, the little girls in blanket sleepers, Jinger after working- out at home. I think also someone in pants when they went skiing?

Jill wore pants to go skiing.

I don't think Michelle would ever wear pants.

Anna did wear snow pants...with a stupid skirt over top of them.

:cray-cray:

It's nice at the Duggars wear weather appropriate clothing for playing in the snow. Now if only they would get some proper shoes for hiking and ESPECIALLY for their year tourist vacay to Central America!

Anna did wear snow pants...with a stupid skirt over top of them.

:cray-cray:

It's nice at the Duggars wear weather appropriate clothing for playing in the snow. Now if only they would get some proper shoes for hiking and ESPECIALLY for their year tourist vacay to Central America!

Anna wore the skirt when she was on the bunny slopes with the kids but after Jana took the kids home Anna and Josh went skiing and she wore just the pants. Also Michelle wore a jumpsuit when she went skydiving with Jessa.

Maxhell women wear skirts even when hiking 14ers in what some call a vacation in CO. Sarah mentioned once someone saying it was was cool they were wearing skirts while on one of their hikes, but I always wondered if it was said in jest or it was meant literally because it had to be darn cold to wear them even if there were shorts underneath. I can't see anyone in their right mind trying to scramble over rocks in a skirt.

And promptly arrested for indecent exposure after....LOL!

Hilarious! But you know, wearing the skirt in that case would have not been modest :naughty: :oops: so have to go with that which pertaineth to a man in order avoid defrauding and be well, modest. Decisions...decisions..... :think:

Hilarious! But you know, wearing the skirt in that case would have not been modest :naughty: :oops: so have to go with that which pertaineth to a man in order avoid defrauding and be well, modest. Decisions...decisions..... :think:

I know I can be pretty pedantic sometimes, but this really seems to me to be playing with semantics and terminology -- I mean how come the women wear shirts? Aren't shirts "that which pertaineth to a man?" "Oh no, but these are women's shirts!" Same with shoes... Why can't they just say "these are women's pants, they are different than men's pants" just like women's shirts are different than men's shirts and women's shoes are different from men's shoes...

I know I can be pretty pedantic sometimes, but this really seems to me to be playing with semantics and terminology -- I mean how come the women wear shirts? Aren't shirts "that which pertaineth to a man?" "Oh no, but these are women's shirts!" Same with shoes... Why can't they just say "these are women's pants, they are different than men's pants" just like women's shirts are different than men's shirts and women's shoes are different from men's shoes...

because that makes way too much sense, cod

I have always thought this, too! I don't shop in the men's department to buy my jeans or work pants or yoga pants (that don't do yoga)- I shop in the women's department. Complete eye roll on these people. I have never understood legalistic religions.

That is actually a good point that had not occurred to me as I have discussed this whole men's/women's wear issue with someone from my church. Their two points are for men to look like men and women to look like women, and for everyone to look set apart from the world.

They are big on skirts, for some reason, over dresses, but skirts require shirts, and aren't shirts actually men's wear.

Can't wait to bring this up next chance I get. The shoes too. Like maybe the ladies should not be wearing boots, because boots seem more manly. Even if they are clearly made and styled for a woman.

Thanks everyone for the snow pants answers. I cannot fathom going outside and playing in the Omaha winter in tights and a skirt Polecat. I grew up in NW Indiana and was an outside kid no matter what the weather. If I hadn't been allowed snow appropriate clothing, I'd for sure have suffered frostbite..repeatedly..cause the snow fort making was too fun to resist. Thankfully Zsu's kids are in AZ.

because that makes way too much sense, cod

Yes it makes too much sense plus add to fundies' penchant for making simple things more complicated plus overanalyze it to death.

I live in a warm area, so I don't really know. But I would think they would at least get their girls thermal underwear to wear with warm tights under thick skirts to play outside.

I only wore them once, on my one trip to the snow , and they seemed really warm.

I live in a warm area, so I don't really know. But I would think they would at least get their girls thermal underwear to wear with warm tights under thick skirts to play outside.

I only wore them once, on my one trip to the snow , and they seemed really warm.

thermal underwear is seriously the bomb. the kind i usually get is the silky kind as it's extra thin. it doesn't even seem like it would do anything, but it totally makes a big difference. i wouldn't have made it bussing to and from work last winter during the polar vortex without them.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived