IGNORED

Stanley family - Fundies have children removed

NotALoserLikeYou

One of the supporters and cousins of the Stanley family has been talking with me since yesterday evening. This morning I asked her why there were no photos of the older kids.

Apparently, the older three have asked for their privacy, and that no photos be posted of them. They also want to remain in public school, and DHS is allowing them to do so, but the Stanley parents will be seeing if they can actually do that. The adult children have also asked for their privacy. Apparently, the adult children may be a bad influence on the kids at home because they are now out of the house and attending college. The adult children may be what has caused the teens to want to go to school, and now that they are IN school, they don't want to leave.

I'm glad the older children are being allowed their privacy at least that much, though I'm not impressed with the widespread scapegoating going on. How is telling everyone it's their fault respecting their privacy? And the idea that letting the kids know the big wide world is worth being a part of is a "bad influence?" Man, this family creeps me out.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine the older three just don't really want to come home. I can see where they would not.

I wish the parents would let loose the reins on the older kids and let them go to school if that is what the kids want.

I understand the parents don't want them corrupted by the world and the gubmint schools but at the same time, they are going to lose their children and all hope of any real influence on their adult lives.

I also wish people like this, because people like this hound me a lot about not forcing my 16yo son to attend church, would understand that you can win the battle but lose the war. Yes, I can force my 16yo to church. He can also walk out of my house after high school graduation and never look back.

Does Jesus really truly demand, ask or expect me to turn my back on my child?

What good is it to birth warriors for Christ only to lose those very same children when they become adults? Not everyone can wield the dollar whip like Pa Duggar - a lot of people. like the Stanleys, need their children to grow up and support themselves and not live on Daddy's payroll forever.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
So I did some clicking on the adult child that said "I love you dad" on the post above. I found the mom of the older kids who is wife #1 of Hal the crazy (because there is a son with the same name- need to differentiate). Wife #1 looks totally normal. She likes tv shows like Bones, NCIS, The Doctors, HGTV. She is still conservative liking pages such as: Mitt Romney, the GOP, Focus on the Family, Ligonier Minsistries, I will NOT vote for Obama in 2012, etc. But she wears pants and seems like a conservative grandma. I would guess this is one of the reason the young kids can't see the older kids-at least the older kids from the first marriage.

I found one of Hal's adult daughters facebook pages. (The one up in the screenshot who said "love you dad")

She paints her face, she drinks beer, she is a makeup artist... I can see why Hal and Michelle wouldn't want her influencing their babies! /sarcasm

After reading through all this, Hal cares more that someone questioned his authority and "interfered" with his family than about the well being of his children. Very sad!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
So I did some clicking on the adult child that said "I love you dad" on the post above. I found the mom of the older kids who is wife #1 of Hal the crazy (because there is a son with the same name- need to differentiate). Wife #1 looks totally normal. She likes tv shows like Bones, NCIS, The Doctors, HGTV. She is still conservative liking pages such as: Mitt Romney, the GOP, Focus on the Family, Ligonier Minsistries, I will NOT vote for Obama in 2012, etc. But she wears pants and seems like a conservative grandma. I would guess this is one of the reason the young kids can't see the older kids-at least the older kids from the first marriage.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I am assuming Bethany is the DIL?? Is that right?

I am also curious as to why a gag order is in place

Different states, different rules.

I think paddling in schools is wrong. My school didn't use corporal punishments. I was shocked when I learned that some schools still did that.

I too was shocked to learn this still occurred in some places. I never ran across anything remotely like that in my son's schools. In fact, quite the opposite. There isn't supposed to be any sort of contact, like grabbing a kid and walking him to the principal's office, etc. I think if a kid was out of control and hitting others, then they could try to subdue the child, but definitely no corporal punishment. It feels so outdated to learn some schools still allow this, like they are stuck in the 1950's or something.

Now some of the Stanley supporters are saying that this move has made Hal and Michelle official foster parents, and therefor should receive the benefits of that.

Seriously? They got half their kids back, this does not make them foster parents.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I am assuming Bethany is the DIL?? Is that right?

I am also curious as to why a gag order is in place

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
-to the bold - I'm not sure but it appears that is correct.

Lydia (friends with Bethany) is the one that got me to see who I think is Hal Sr.'s first wife- I think his first wife was Cynthia Young - her age seems to be close to Hal Sr.

According to Julian's facebook his family consists of- his brother is Nathan, sister is Cynthia Marie, mother is Michelle Diaz and father is Hal jr. His aunts are Bethany and Lydia. According to Cynthia Young (Julian's grandmother & Lydia & Bethany both call her mom) Hal Stanley, jr. turned 42 in August or September of 2012.

All of this turned out that these people seem to be normal Christian conservatives (didn't dig too deep into their likes). I am guessing that the young Stanley children do not get to see this side of the family often.

I started digging to see how far the crazy went but it seems to be just with Hal sr. (the crazy) and his current wife.

edited to say- I am not sure about all the relations, just going based on public f/b profiles and pleased to find the extended family seems normal....so maybe if the kids need help in the future...

After reading through all this, Hal cares more that someone questioned his authority and "interfered" with his family than about the well being of his children. Very sad!

THIS! Exactly, absolutely, totally THIS! If I can make this distinction, Hal identifies himself as THE patriarch of his family (rather than just being involved in a patriarchal lifestyle) -- that's Patriarch with a capital P with a sense of total ownership of HIS family. That someone dares to interfere with his absolute power as the pater familias enrages him. That his children have desires for their lives that are contrary to his and are able to able to defy him by going to public school enrages him. Because BIBLE! Because GOD! BECAUSE HAL! Hal is ratcheted up to 11 by now, because he has been exposed to the world as not having absolute power in his family.

The teens may simply just be tired of being beaten, period. I can't imagine spanking a teenager. They can kiss those relationships goodbye as soon as the kids are adults. The public schooling is probably a safe place for them in this situation.

Now some of the Stanley supporters are saying that this move has made Hal and Michelle official foster parents, and therefor should receive the benefits of that.

Seriously? They got half their kids back, this does not make them foster parents.

Ok their supports are delusional. First they were all upset about cps taking the kids but now they want to benefit from it?

THIS! Exactly, absolutely, totally THIS! If I can make this distinction, Hal identifies himself as THE patriarch of his family (rather than just being involved in a patriarchal lifestyle) -- that's Patriarch with a capital P with a sense of total ownership of HIS family. That someone dares to interfere with his absolute power as the pater familias enrages him. That his children have desires for their lives that are contrary to his and are able to able to defy him by going to public school enrages him. Because BIBLE! Because GOD! BECAUSE HAL! Hal is ratcheted up to 11 by now, because he has been exposed to the world as not having absolute power in his family.

I fear for the younger ones. Now that Hal has been exposed he's probably going to brainwash them even more.

Hal is crazy and I'm really glad that he's in the system now because I bet he would love to move even farther off the grid.

After listening to Hal's "sermons" and reading his FB posts, I don't for a minute believe any of those children are safe there. The fact that while his children were in state custody, he was out promoting his ramblings on "discipline" tells you that he isn't backing down from this one. Those poor kids must be terrified.

Hal is never gonna stop beating those kids. From his public facebook today:

Hal W Stanley

47 mins ·

I'LL TRY AGAIN!

Thanks for your response to my post asking for your OPINIONS and EXPERIENCES! Mostly the responses were good and provocative even as you all saw there were some trolls active. Allow me to try again since my purpose was to promote a lively discussion on what governs the conscience of the Christian. I wanted to know what you think of the Scriptures I listed. The best of us can reason wrongly. How do we test our reasoning? Our experiences can be vivid, but as we remember them, what is the standard for judging them? What think ye of these teachings from the Word of God? Your thoughts and reasonings might vary by the day, but God's Word endureth forever. Bro Hal

Pro 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Pro 3:12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Pro 19:18 Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.

Pro 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Pro 23:13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Pro 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Pro 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

Pro 29:16 When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increaseth: but the righteous shall see their fall.

Pro 29:17 Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Heb 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Like · Comment · Share

2 people like this.

How do you reach a guy like Bro. Hal and help him understand there are other good and true interpretations of his pet scriptures?

I bet he is like my brother-in-law; BIL is all about the church and being a Christian, because the truth of the matter is that BIL is very controlling and being in a church gets him the support and justification to keep wife and kids under his thumb.

I feel so badly for those kids. All I know of the foster care system is horror stories, so in my mind are the kids better off with years of fostering ahead of them or in the care of Hal and Michelle?

Wow. Talk about selective reading of Scripture...

I noticed he signed "Bro Hal".

While I think it is common for Christians to believe that fellow Christians are "brothers and sisters in Christ" - few of us sign anything as "Bro firstname" or "Sister firstname". It's kind of revealing, actually, that he doesn't sign as an ordinary "firstname".

He considers himself a preacher, which earns him an honorific, of course. :? (eg The Hal Stanley Ministry blog)

How do you reach a guy like Bro. Hal and help him understand there are other good and true interpretations of his pet scriptures?

I bet he is like my brother-in-law; BIL is all about the church and being a Christian, because the truth of the matter is that BIL is very controlling and being in a church gets him the support and justification to keep wife and kids under his thumb.

I feel so badly for those kids. All I know of the foster care system is horror stories, so in my mind are the kids better off with years of fostering ahead of them or in the care of Hal and Michelle?

There are great foster cares out there so I would say they are better off in foster care than being beaten or brain washed. It would be great if foster care could give them counseling also. (Full disclosure- we took custody of a girl that was adopted out of foster care and adopted into an abusive home. I've seen good and bad stories. I still think foster care is a good risk to take when abuse like what we suspect for these children is going on in the home.)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I found Mr. Braswell's email address online (he is the DCFS supervisor for Garland County) and sent him an anonymous email with Hal Stanley's facebook page asking him to please be on the ball with thhis man.

I also found the address of the woman who said she used plumbing line on her two teens and her four year old and contacted Wyoming CPS. Interestingly enough, that woman is facebook friends with Debi Pearl.

Does anyone have any idea why Hal's facebook username is woodrow.coleman.582? Who is woodrow coleman?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I found Mr. Braswell's email address online (he is the DCFS supervisor for Garland County) and sent him an anonymous email with Hal Stanley's facebook page asking him to please be on the ball with thhis man.

I also found the address of the woman who said she used plumbing line on her two teens and her four year old and contacted Wyoming CPS. Interestingly enough, that woman is facebook friends with Debi Pearl.

Does anyone have any idea why Hal's facebook username is woodrow.coleman.582? Who is woodrow coleman?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Long shot, but it might be his father.

Hope this link works. It's so long it got cut off, so here it is in several parts. I don't know why, but when I submit it, it automatically adds quotations :?

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse. ... &gss=angs-

g&gsfn=Woodrow&gsln=Coleman&mswpn__ftp=Hot+Spring+County%2c+Arkansas

%2c+USA&mswpn=1394&mswpn_PInfo=7%7c0%7c1652393%7c0%7c2%7c3246%7c6%7c0%7c1394%7c0%7c0%7c&uidh=

2cu&pcat=ROOT_CATEGORY&h=120015382&db=1940usfedcen&indiv=1&ml_rpos=1

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I found a Woodrow Coleman (woodrow.coleman.3) who's a member of the "Helping the Stanley Kids" fb page (which boasts 44 members) and friends with some of Bro Hal's family including ex Cynthia Young. (There's also a Webb Coleman who's friends with Cynthia; might be coincidental.) Kind of looks like a sock account to me. :shrug: Additionally the W in Hal W Stanley = Woodrow.

Please don't believe that all foster homes are like that. I'm a foster parent and I know plenty of other foster parents that love and care about children. Sometimes foster care if the best thing for kids. At least these kids will get the services including counseling, school, support and hopefully love that they need. Staying at home is dangerous. I fear for these kids. And I hate how Hal is trying to use I'm a christian and that's why my kids were taken away. No your kids were taken away for abuse

From a Hal Stanley follower (on his fb page):

When I was younger and my fourth child was old enough to run around, he was very energetic. One day, I took all four children to a small store to order something. While I was looking through the book to find what I needed, the three older ones sat on the floor. The youngest kept running around and then started trying to go out the door! My oldest child tried to keep him under control, but it was impossible because he was bored. I kept trying to make him sit with the other children. The store was on a busy street. Finally one of the clerks went and locked the door. I thanked her, but then the manager made some remarks about parents not being able to control their kids and he wasn’t going to let the door stay locked and keep out other customers. I was mortified and left immediately. I cried all of the way home. I put my child in danger by not making him mind me and I embarrassed myself by having an unruly child.

It was that day I learned to use a switch. On the advice from a friend with well-behaved kids, I bought a bunch of dowels from the hardware store. They come in about four foot lengths. I cut them in half and placed them above all of the doors in my house on the door trim. If someone didn’t mind me, I would get a dowel, have them stand facing the wall, and switched their calves three times. My most respectful child would conveniently forget when I told him to do things. I would switch for that too. Guess what? He quit forgetting!

I became a new woman. I didn’t yell at my kids anymore. Previously by the end of the day I had felt my head was going to explode. I probably had high blood pressure because of my anger in not getting my children to mind me. The first day I felt so light, and didn’t feel like my head was on the ceiling anymore. The best part was that my children became obedient and felt safer without an angry mother. Because I think I was angry most of the time. The oldest even told me they were glad I started switching and sometimes complain when I don't! Old habits are hard to break and sometimes I still use my angry voice instead of a stick.

Outside one day, my once former wild child wasn’t going to mind me. I guess since we weren’t in the house with doorways nearby he thought I wouldn’t discipline him. So I picked up a pine needle. He ran to do my bidding. A pine needle! I laughed and used that trick often after that. Of course I never hit him with it, so he wouldn’t know it wouldn’t sting.

Crazy bitch belongs in jail.

Archived