IGNORED

Stanley family - Fundies have children removed

NotALoserLikeYou

From a Hal Stanley follower (on his fb page):

Crazy bitch belongs in jail.

And that lady thinks that's a heartwarming tale that will be congratulated by all. :shock:

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that lady thinks that's a heartwarming tale that will be congratulated by all. :shock:

And that people will totally believe that her kids PREFER being hit. I'm guessing they agreed to that because they thought she'd hit them if they didn't.

Yes, she believes she's a better mother now that she beats her kids instead of yelling at them. Maybe try parenting classes and stop doing both :pull-hair:

Here's a crazy thought: don't bring 4 young kids, including a very active little one, into a store and expect them to just sit there bored out of their skulls. Consider putting the youngest in a stroller, and have a stroller toy.

In all fairness, as a kid, I actually thought I WOULD prefer being hit if it meant avoiding the verbal and emotional abuse I was enduring.

Of course, part of that mindset was that I knew physical abuse was something that CPS would do something about. I knew no one gave a flying fick abou my dad calling me a worthless bitch.

Hal Stanley blocked me.

He posted something about the measles vaccines killing children more than the actual measles in the last ten years. I went a hunting and found an anti vax website that said measles killed 400 kids a year before the vaccine. Don't know how accurate it is, but I thought since it was an antovax site refuting what his antivax post said, it was ok lol

He blocked me. And deleted that post.

Hal Stanley blocked me.

He posted something about the measles vaccines killing children more than the actual measles in the last ten years. I went a hunting and found an anti vax website that said measles killed 400 kids a year before the vaccine. Don't know how accurate it is, but I thought since it was an antovax site refuting what his antivax post said, it was ok lol

He blocked me. And deleted that post.

I saw that comment! I friended ol' Hal, though I added him on my "do not see" list of everything I have outgoing on my facebook. So far he doesn't add any juicy things for friends; it's all public.

I'm having people come out of the woodwork to talk to me though. One person was was a Stanley person, and today I had another person who I can't tell is a supporter or not message me... I think she is a supporter based on some of the stuff she was saying about "not perfect parents" and how Hal clearly loves his children.

Other people who have commented have received hate mail from the supporters, I just have the supporters trying to convert me to the Stanley side.

Other people who have commented have received hate mail from the supporters, I just have the supporters trying to convert me to the Stanley side.

How does that even work? I imagine posts like "The ebil gumment has no right to say that parents must spare the rod! The true leader is God. Obama shouldn't even be in the seat of President as he does not even fall under the law of the land stating that a President must be born on the land; but he tries to also sit on the throne of The Holiest of Holies." :cray-cray:

A new post up from Hal on his f/b:

AN UPDATE

All seven children were home for eight days. It was wonderful to see the house full of life again. The older three are back in their new home, and the younger four are back in home school. All seven are still in the custody of DHS. We are functioning as foster parents for 60 days. All is not well, and we still need your help. Watch and pray.

Bro Hal

Interesting last 2 sentences.

A new post up from Hal on his f/b:

Interesting last 2 sentences.

Yes, how would that work - the natural parents "functioning as foster parents" while the kids are still in custody of DHS? I realize that this probably means that it is easier for DHS to take them out of the home, but... if DHS deems the parents not safe to be parents, how is it safe for them to foster?

??

I think Hal is self-proclaiming that he's like a foster parent. Guess he has no idea what a foster parent does.

Yes, how would that work - the natural parents "functioning as foster parents" while the kids are still in custody of DHS? I realize that this probably means that it is easier for DHS to take them out of the home, but... if DHS deems the parents not safe to be parents, how is it safe for them to foster?

??

Technically, the wording on the paperwork, guidelines etc are probably very much like they are Foster parents. The children are currently wards of the state who are being temporarily placed in the care of the Stanley's. And I'm sure they have to use the discipline and care guidelines that Foster parent have to go by- which I would assume include no corporal punishment ( although I guess that could vary by state?) . So to the Stanley's it probably does feel like " fostering" -because the kids could always be pulled back if they don't follow the rules. Maybe with any luck having to stick to those guidelines for awhile will instill new parenting skills, but given his intent to be a viral martyr, I kind of doubt it.

What I thought was interesting was his phrasing of the three older kids going back to their " new home" . Sure sounds like he's completely given up on them coming back.. Or doesn't want them back.

Technically, the wording on the paperwork, guidelines etc are probably very much like they are Foster parents. The children are currently wards of the state who are being temporarily placed in the care of the Stanley's. And I'm sure they have to use the discipline and care guidelines that Foster parent have to go by- which I would assume include no corporal punishment ( although I guess that could vary by state?) . So to the Stanley's it probably does feel like " fostering" -because the kids could always be pulled back if they don't follow the rules. Maybe with any luck having to stick to those guidelines for awhile will instill new parenting skills, but given his intent to be a viral martyr, I kind of doubt it.

What I thought was interesting was his phrasing of the three older kids going back to their " new home" . Sure sounds like he's completely given up on them coming back.. Or doesn't want them back.

I picked up on the "new home" also. I thought the last 2 lines with the "new home" were interesting because seems like he doesn't think (or want) the oldest back (as Mama said). The other phrase that got me is "All is not well..." This could mean so many things- all is not well that all are not back? All is not well because the young ones liked public school? All is not well because they are being watched like a hawk? Etc. I fear that if DHS discharges (not sure what word to use) this family from observations they will go further underground with their behaviors or uproot stakes. If the oldest kids are never returned, the little's could be truly lost if taken further down the rabbit hole.

Bringhtestanelykidshome facebook page finally posted after Hal's post this morning.

Spring break is over here in Garland County, Arkansas, the three older Stanley children and back in their foster home and public school. The four younger ones are back to homeschooling with their parents. We all stepped back a bit to give the family time together and to pray about what's next.

Friends the battle is far from over, Hal and Michelle have not been charged with anything, their home found safe enough for their children to be allowed home. However every part of their lives is being kept under a magnifying glass and they do not have custody of their children.

I cannot find the words to express how upsetting it is to see a family go through this, not because they did anything wrong, but because of their personal life style, religious choices.

So many rules of what they can and cannot do. Case workers in and out of the house. How are you suppose to settle back down to life. How can you meet all the rules put upon you? Can you morally even meet them?

A husband and father stripped of the God given authority of his home and the government takes over. A mother prevented from protecting and shielding her children from the things she sees a danger to her children. Is this the ultimate plan for us all?. The government in a sense becoming the fathers and mothers of our children?

Lets not grow weary or give up the fight. Keep up your phone calls, and letters. Keep asking the question? Why have not all the children been brought home? Why has not custody been returned? Who filed the search warrant for the Stanley home? Where is the affidavit for that search warrant? When will the Stanley family be set free to live their lives again?

The bolding is mine. The cases I see in child support, the parents aren't often not charged with anything, CPS works with the family for unification. I don't understand why they don't get that not being charged with something doesn't mean the parents are perfect parents. The cases I have seen where a parent is charged it is a bad case and often the parent is charged after given a couple chances. (I don't have first hand knowledge of CPS inner workings, I see it on the child support end when kids are removed and child support needs to go to the foster family.) Maybe it's just my state but I am not surprised the family hasn't been charged with anything. But these "fans" of the Stanley's keep harping on this point.

These people just don't understand how the law works. In my state, at least, charges are only filed in cases where reunification is off the table, since things like jail time make reunification a bit difficult.

Frankly, I think they want charges filed because criminal cases are different from the current CPS case so they can get around the gag order from family court and make an even bigger fuss in the media. "State criminalizes Christianity!"

Yeah, lots of people don't seem to get that the CPS system and the criminal system aren't the same thing.

They can't be. The relationship between parents and children is just different.EVERYONE does things as a parent that you couldn't do in another context. You can't force another adult to be physically restrained ( like in a car seat) , or move across state lines ( kidnapping) or take a bath. You also aren't required to feed other adults. Similarly the state allows a whole lot more physical coercion between parents and children - that would be considered battery if it was anyone else.

The only time I've seen criminal cases filed are when it is either sexual abuse, or something really major - like murder/ attempted murder or the cases of kids so feral they make the news. To be fair to the Stanley supporters - it seems to be a concept many people don't understand, from all ideologies. I even notice it on here sometimes - where someone will try to look up and see if a particular Fundie has child abuse convictions.

He talks about the older kids in their "new home" like they're a litter of kittens he just rehomed :( And the even sadder thing is, they are probably better off for it.

Steven, rally the home schoolers. All home schoolers know we have a balancing act at our best, making room for schooling and the rest of the needs of a large family. For twenty years it worked well for us. Now with every thing upset for 9 weeks it is hard. We are swamped and needs have multiplied.

Sounds like the reunification with the younger kids is not going according to Hal's plan. Lord only knows what that means for the kids...

I think Hal is actually loving the current situation. I am sure, right this minute, it's hard complying with all the guidelines, probably attending counseling, parenting classes etc. - but he has the younger kids home.

He's likely going to end up with full - custody of younger children. With probable maintenance/ follow- up services from CPS for 6-12 months - so he can bitch about that.

But the big plus, to him, is the older kids will stay in the Foster home , which he wants, so they don't contaminate the younger kids. AND he'll get to continue his status as full-time preacher Brother Hal. A warrior martyr fighting the evil government who is out to ruin your right to beat your kids. He'll keep building social media attention and a following.

Yeah, lots of people don't seem to get that the CPS system and the criminal system aren't the same thing.

They can't be. The relationship between parents and children is just different.EVERYONE does things as a parent that you couldn't do in another context. You can't force another adult to be physically restrained ( like in a car seat) , or move across state lines ( kidnapping) or take a bath. You also aren't required to feed other adults. Similarly the state allows a whole lot more physical coercion between parents and children - that would be considered battery if it was anyone else.

The only time I've seen criminal cases filed are when it is either sexual abuse, or something really major - like murder/ attempted murder or the cases of kids so feral they make the news. To be fair to the Stanley supporters - it seems to be a concept many people don't understand, from all ideologies. I even notice it on here sometimes - where someone will try to look up and see if a particular Fundie has child abuse convictions.

(the bold) I hadn't thought about many people trying to blur the lines between CPS and criminal actions. I guess what gets me is the amount of crazy comments out on the f/b pages in support of the family. They think they have all the story, they don't, I can guarantee it, all the information is not public because of the minors (and nor should it). I wonder when (if they aren't already) the law makers will be sick of these people calling and tell them to butt out, it's a family matter. (Doubt a politician will tell someone that but the phone/email message can become "lost")

I think Hal is actually loving the current situation. I am sure, right this minute, it's hard complying with all the guidelines, probably attending counseling, parenting classes etc. - but he has the younger kids home.

He's likely going to end up with full - custody of younger children. With probable maintenance/ follow- up services from CPS for 6-12 months - so he can bitch about that.

But the big plus, to him, is the older kids will stay in the Foster home , which he wants, so they don't contaminate the younger kids. AND he'll get to continue his status as full-time preacher Brother Hal. A warrior martyr fighting the evil government who is out to ruin your right to beat your kids. He'll keep building social media attention and a following.

I bet you are right. He has the best of both worlds. He can call his older children rebels and turn his back on them and still rail against the system for taking them away.

He talks about the older kids in their "new home" like they're a litter of kittens he just rehomed :( And the even sadder thing is, they are probably better off for it.

Sounds like the reunification with the younger kids is not going according to Hal's plan. Lord only knows what that means for the kids...[/quote]

I hope the little kids remember their time away (if it was positive) and remember public school and remember what is was like to have nice "outsiders" around to help them. (If of course their foster family was nice and supportive, etc). I wonder what the Stanley's are trying to have the kids unlearn, I really hope the unlearning process does not resemble anything from the pearls.

The younger kids have gone 9 weeks without being beaten....I hope Hal can lay off the beating because he understands he could lose the kids again if he keeps it up...

The younger kids have gone 9 weeks without being beaten....I hope Hal can lay off the beating because he understands he could lose the kids again if he keeps it up...

Honest to god, if he lays a finger on those babies I hope the state steps in and takes them away for good. Those kids don't deserve to be beaten by that sorry son of a bitch.

Here is the facebook page:

facebook.com/bringthestanleykidshome?fref=photo

which has some actual pics of the removal.

My right-winger uncle (who lives in Hot Springs) likes that page. Of course. :roll:

Does anyone know the age range on the younger four? Looking at the pictures, the oldest ones looks like she's 12 or 13. Makes me worry about what happens when she gets a bit older and starts to assert her identity as an individual and not an extension of mommy and daddy.

Archived