IGNORED

No Christmas Announcement

nst

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the pull out method allowed

Definitely not, the part in the Bible where the guy pulls out and 'spills his seed' is one of the verses they use to justify their stance against birth control and for leaving the number of children up to God.

That same verse is used to deny masturbation. Gotta get that seed into fertile ground.

It's been awhile since I've read the bible, does it even say that masturbation is bad? I just refuse to believe there's not a single person in that house that hasn't masturbated.

It's been awhile since I've read the bible, does it even say that masturbation is bad? I just refuse to believe there's not a single person in that house that hasn't masturbated.

No, I don't think there's any mention of masturbation in the bible. Certain people interpret the seed spilling verse and the verses about the dangers of lust to condemn masturbation. I'm not sure the Duggars have ever publically shared their view on it but I'm 100% sure they believe it's a sin. Sexual fantasies are also a sin. So imagine being single into your mid to late 20s convinced you'll incur the wrath of God and put your soul at risk of eternal damnation if you masturbate or even so much as fantasize about sex.

No, I don't think there's any mention of masturbation in the bible. Certain people interpret the seed spilling verse and the verses about the dangers of lust to condemn masturbation. I'm not sure the Duggars have ever publically shared their view on it but I'm 100% sure they believe it's a sin. Sexual fantasies are also a sin. So imagine being single into your mid to late 20s convinced you'll incur the wrath of God and put your soul at risk of eternal damnation if you masturbate or even so much as fantasize about sex.

This is all so sad and pathetic. I think I read something once about them not even letting the girls use tampons? Maybe that it was a gothard thing?

I wasn't aware of the Bible verse that precludes ones from having sexual fantasies. How horrible. So in between no sex, no privacy, no masturbation, and now, no sexual fantasies, I'm surprised some of those poor kids haven't exploded from the stress of it.

I wasn't aware of the Bible verse that precludes ones from having sexual fantasies. How horrible. So in between no sex, no privacy, no masturbation, and now, no sexual fantasies, I'm surprised some of those poor kids haven't exploded from the stress of it.

There is no Bible verse that precludes one from having sexual fantasies. People take things like Jesus saying that if you've ever even looked at a woman and lusted you've already committed adultery in your heart - and they interpret them different ways. One group will say, "By this Jesus meant that people priding themselves on their righteousness are hypocrites, because everyone has lusted in their heart." Another group will say, "By this Jesus meant that we are never to allow ourselves to lust, or else." Guess which group fundies fall into.

It isn't just fundies who deny girls tampons. When I asked my (RC) mother about them, she told me they were for married women, and that was the end of the conversation. "They are only for married women".. once I got off to nursing school, I got myself some.. (and my virginity, which I'm SURE was what my mother was trying to protect by not letting me use them, was already taken care of......) :lol: :lol: :lol:

It isn't just fundies who deny girls tampons. When I asked my (RC) mother about them, she told me they were for married women, and that was the end of the conversation. "They are only for married women".. once I got off to nursing school, I got myself some.. (and my virginity, which I'm SURE was what my mother was trying to protect by not letting me use them, was already taken care of......) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow! I can't imagine being denied my tampons. There would be hell to pay! I had a strange childhood with a very distant mother. I read a lot so thankfully knew what to expect since no one told me. I started stocking up on tampons from my first period and my mom figured out I had started 3 years later. :roll:

I hate tampons and I only use pads, but the point is that was my choice. I can't imagine not having a choice.

I think the tampon thing is pretty common among even mainstream religious people. I heard it a lot from mostly evangelical women growing up.

The spill the seed verse was because this girl was married to this boy and the boy died. Under the law of the land, she had to be married to his brother since she didn't have a son. Her brother in law/new husband refused to give her a son because he knew that son would be called his brother's son under the law. So, god seeing that he was "spilling his seed" instead of fulfilling the law, killed him.

But, people take it out of context, like with most of the bible, and it's used to deny birth control, masturbation, or any sexual acts that don't include baby making.

I refuse to buy tampons for myself, and won't buy them for my future daughter (if she wants tampons, she can buy her own). But that's purely from a health standpoint. I don't even most brands of pads because of the crap put in pads.

The spill the seed verse was because this girl was married to this boy and the boy died. Under the law of the land, she had to be married to his brother since she didn't have a son. Her brother in law/new husband refused to give her a son because he knew that son would be called his brother's son under the law. So, god seeing that he was "spilling his seed" instead of fulfilling the law, killed him.

But, people take it out of context, like with most of the bible, and it's used to deny birth control, masturbation, or any sexual acts that don't include baby making.

Thanks for the interpretation. I looked up the verses and what you say makes sense.

I asked my fundie lite preacher father about masturbation (and yes, that was a super fun conversation that made him extremely uncomfortable) and he said that while masturbation in itself wasn't a sin, the thoughts that you have while doing it are. The Bible says to focus on things that are pure and righteous, and apparently thinking about sex isn't (unless you're married!!!1111!!!!!!11!!!) and that's where the sin lies.

I seriously hope some of those kids have figured it out anyway because Lord knows how stressful their lives are.

I asked my fundie lite preacher father about masturbation (and yes, that was a super fun conversation that made him extremely uncomfortable) and he said that while masturbation in itself wasn't a sin, the thoughts that you have while doing it are. The Bible says to focus on things that are pure and righteous, and apparently thinking about sex isn't (unless you're married!!!1111!!!!!!11!!!) and that's where the sin lies.

I seriously hope some of those kids have figured it out anyway because Lord knows how stressful their lives are.

It was brave of you to ask. :D

Do the Duggar kids (not the little ones obviously!) know that having "those kinds of thoughts and feelings" are part of growing up? Totally normal? Letting those feelings warp how you view yourself and/or the opposite sex - that's a problem. But systematically denying and repressing those feelings also can warp how you view yourself and/or the opposite sex.

Teenage siblings can't even discuss it and share their feelings in their own bedroom... they share bedrooms with little kids. What madness.

It was brave of you to ask. :D

Do the Duggar kids (not the little ones obviously!) know that having "those kinds of thoughts and feelings" are part of growing up? Totally normal? Letting those feelings warp how you view yourself and/or the opposite sex - that's a problem. But systematically denying and repressing those feelings also can warp how you view yourself and/or the opposite sex.

Teenage siblings can't even discuss it and share their feelings in their own bedroom... they share bedrooms with little kids. What madness.

This is from Josh and Anna's website ja20.com about Josh struggling with his feelings.:

As I became a teenage young man I was constantly tempted to have lots of wrong thoughts, and often battled to keep my heart right. One of the greatest things that helped me in my struggles was my parent’s commitment to accountability. They were faithful to talk with each one of their children – if we were willing to share honestly & openly with them – to maintain a clear conscience. I learned quickly that great freedom can be achieved by accountability, and great accountability requires humility & openness. I often had failures in my early teenage years, but found I had a clear conscience only when I was willing to confess my thoughts and temptations quickly to God & my parents. (1 John 1:9)

That quote from Josh is so incredibly sad. :-( I can't imagine forcing my children to share their every thought with me and making them feel guilty and ashamed for being normal. :-(

I've seen that - not recently, forgot about it - and seeing it again still gives me the creeps. JB and M always come across as being way too involved in their kids' sex lives - even before they have a sex life. It's good that Josh felt that he could talk to them about major issues on his mind. But the way that he describes it - like humbly confessing his thoughts to his parents - seriously creeps me out. Hopefully it was better in practice than it sounds.

I've seen that - not recently, forgot about it - and seeing it again still gives me the creeps. JB and M always come across as being way too involved in their kids' sex lives - even before they have a sex life. It's good that Josh felt that he could talk to them about major issues on his mind. But the way that he describes it - like humbly confessing his thoughts to his parents - seriously creeps me out. Hopefully it was better in practice than it sounds.

Too bad education did not surpass SEX in those parents' mind and priorities. They are eff'd up-

Like how much detail do they have to go into? "Mom, Dad, I masturbated again yesterday. And this morning. And then before lunch I was thinking about boobs." Come on!!! :disgust: Only people with a totally warped view of sexuality could possibly think that forcing their kid to 'confess' things like that like they're somehow doing something wrong is a positive thing.

Usually I'm all for parents and their children having open communication about sex. But it doesn't sound like that in Josh's case. It sounds like he was expected to confess to having impure thoughts and was told that he was wrong and should be ashamed.

I also had kind of forgotten about it exactly. When the question was asked I remember having read something about Josh confessing impure thoughts and went looking for the quote but actually reading it again just fills me with sadness for Josh. I hope things are different now that they have so many teenagers and they're too lazy to make the children confess and feel guilty for normal feelings and thoughts.

That quote from Josh is so incredibly sad. :-( I can't imagine forcing my children to share their every thought with me and making them feel guilty and ashamed for being normal. :-(

I couldn't imagine wanting to KNOW what my my teenager was thinking....

There are only 24 hours in each day.

Subtract 8 for work, schooling...

Subtract 8 more for sleeping... (maybe more for other activities)

Ok you're left with 8 total hours for everything else.

No way were these folks having in depth, heart to hearts with each maturing child on a day to day or even regular basis.

Archived