IGNORED

No Christmas Announcement

nst

Who is at all surprised :D

I was in Maui - expecting news from the 4 channels they do have.... :nenner:

But who doesn't love her passive aggressive post to Jill - and yes I caught the mother bit before she deleted it.

So in all my viewing what I discovered

Josh can yell - nothing has changed - that video - he couldn't even let Jessa and Ben talk but he let Jill go on Baby Dilly - we know your baby likes spicy as do I

Ben has amazing forearms still based on the newest picture - green :D

Jill is front and centre and in all her glory - Mary is going to have it in February - JUST YOU WAIT

Jessa has reached 995,000 people - Team Jessa

there must be more - but I have jetlag :D

When does the new season start ?

Post new predictions

February 1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ben and Jessa got their moment in the video just as much as Jill. Ben repeated his script and Jessa made some related comment I couldn't hear over my 4 year old.

I sure don't think the pic Jessa posted was intended as anything but sweet. I have a similar style pic of my 2 nieces kissing my nephew and he has a huge, over exaggerated, open mouthed smile. It's apparently one of the things they do at weddings now? I really don't think any of the siblings try to be hateful to each other. I do think some are beginning to resent Jim Bob and Michelle but they are all smart enough to grasp that they were all a bit cheated in the parent department.

I'm sure we'll get a New Years or Valentine's Day "we're expecting!" post.

And I don't think that picture Jessa posted of her and Jill was sweet at all. It was PA.

I think Ben and Jessa got their moment in the video just as much as Jill. Ben repeated his script and Jessa made some related comment I couldn't hear over my 4 year old.

I think Jessa was quoting John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Jana usually looks so uncomfortable when she's talking on camera, that I thought she looked more natural and relaxed talking to Josh. Joy-Anna also looked more natural talking to Josh (although Joy tends to consistently appear more relaxed and natural in her talking heads than Jana does).

...I still don't get those gift baskets for the neighbors put into large round bowls.

What was the mother bit she supposedly deleted?

I was wondering the same thing.

I, too, thought for sure there would be an announcement just because they are Duggars & seem to be extremely competitive, especially in the baby department.

You can put me in the surprised column. I said even before they married that there would be a Christmas baby announcement for B and J and that Anna would be pregnant by then too. IOW, three grandduggars announced before the year was out. Of course, maybe B and J are expecting and just want to wait a little longer than D and J did to make a national announcement. :think:

They've only been married since the first of November. She's had two, maybe three cycles at the most where she could've conceived. Even without birth control, even if they were actively trying as hard as they could to get pregnant, it's not surprising at all that she isn't yet (or that she isn't far along enough to know/announce). Even if Jill and Jessa were desperate to one-up each other (which I seriously doubt), not even the Duggars can WILL themselves to conceive.

I think we're all getting over excited over the mother bit, I think she worded it badly and edited it out exactly for this reason :popcorn2:

Also jill is HUGE I just can't stop looking at her massive bump, I would not want to be her for the next few months :pink-shock:

I think it's very possible she knows she is and either hasn't told the family or somehow kept the family from telling anyone else (yeah right, but maybe.) Jessa has already proven to be someone who does things her way - so many things about her wedding were different from. Jill's. Jill might think an early announcement is a way of proclaiming that parents should announce quickly because of some sort of duty to represent the sacredness of life, but Jessa has already demonstrated a desire for privacy in intimate moments, and I see Ben being someone who would go along with that. Not saying she is pregnant (I predicted February but I think it could take till summer) but just think it's very possible she could attempt to pull off what Anna did when she got to six months without an announcement.

I would love it though if a Duggar girl simply decided she wanted to keep her own children out of the spotlight. They don't announce a pregnancy until after the baby is born (and then the only reason they would announce it is because on Social Media SOMEONE would let it out by accident) They decide they will not let the public know when the childs birthday is, what his/her name is, don't give birth on tv, whatever. Of course, we would see the occasional picture with the childs mother or father, whether the parents release it themselves, cousin Amy puts something up, or they are lurking in the background of a photo.

I think I could see Jana being super private and not wanting her children in the spotlight. Not sure about Jessa... she could go either way.

I would love it though if a Duggar girl simply decided she wanted to keep her own children out of the spotlight. They don't announce a pregnancy until after the baby is born (and then the only reason they would announce it is because on Social Media SOMEONE would let it out by accident) They decide they will not let the public know when the childs birthday is, what his/her name is, don't give birth on tv, whatever. Of course, we would see the occasional picture with the childs mother or father, whether the parents release it themselves, cousin Amy puts something up, or they are lurking in the background of a photo.

I think I could see Jana being super private and not wanting her children in the spotlight. Not sure about Jessa... she could go either way.

I can see Jana keeping as much out of the spotlight as possible -- like announcing her engagement as a five-minute blurb, having selected wedding pictures to make available for the show, announcing pregnancies after the birth, and so on. Basically staying out of the spotlight as much as she can.

If that's what Jessa, or any of them wanted to do, more power to them. Everyone doesn't need to know the moment a pregnancy is confirmed. Couples who want to SHOULD savor those moments.

Unless the Duggar girls or their husbands have jobs that allow them to financially support themselves without the help of Jim Bob or TLC, they will sell their babies on tv, just like their parents. Jill, Jessa and the other Duggars have become used to the lifestyle provided by TLC. Jill and Derrick could probably have a nice middle class lifestyle with Derrick's salary but the trips and a house the size of what they are living in now would be gone. Besides, Jill obviously loves the spotlight. Unemployed Ben and Jessa really have no choice but to sell their future child to TLC because everything they have comes from Jim Bob and TLC. I do not see either of them doing what is necessary to stand on their feet (both going to school and getting jobs) so that they are not at the mercy of anyone. Let's be realistic. The Duggars did not raise their children with a work ethic outside of cooking, cleaning and raising their siblings. It is dangerous in their world to raise independent children.

I think it's very possible she knows she is and either hasn't told the family or somehow kept the family from telling anyone else (yeah right, but maybe.) Jessa has already proven to be someone who does things her way - so many things about her wedding were different from. Jill's. Jill might think an early announcement is a way of proclaiming that parents should announce quickly because of some sort of duty to represent the sacredness of life, but Jessa has already demonstrated a desire for privacy in intimate moments, and I see Ben being someone who would go along with that. Not saying she is pregnant (I predicted February but I think it could take till summer) but just think it's very possible she could attempt to pull off what Anna did when she got to six months without an announcement.

I'm not sure if she could pull of a six month announcement. She's pretty active on social media and it would be noticed if she went silent or started posting carefully posed pictures. But I could definitely see her waiting until after the first trimester or maybe even later like until 20 weeks.

While the show is going on I don't think any of the Duggars would be able to keep their lives private. I don't think Jim Bob would respect their decision and would use any means necessary to ensure they cooperate with appearing on the show. Didn't Anna's brother-in-law talk about TLC pretty much forcing him to sign a waiver to appear on the show for Josh and Anna's wedding? I would imagine the pressure would be even worse for a Duggar child wanting to be off the show.

I get the gut feeling Jessa just got pregnant.

Did you get an alert when the sperm met the egg? Let us know when you find out the sex. :lol:

Archived