IGNORED

No Christmas Announcement

nst

She's most likely pregnant, but she might not even be able to tell herself yet. Also she might not announce straight away (and possibly wait until 20 weeks like Alyssa Webster).

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why people are so convinced she must be pregnant already. It's totally possible, but just as likely that she's not. Not everyone gets pregnant in two seconds like Jill. Some people try and try and chart and plan and have sex frequently at the perfect times and it still takes them several months to conceive, and that's 100% normal.

The only thing I hope is that Jessa is enjoying this time with her husband, regardless of whether or not she is currently expecting. I don't like the ignorance she displays at times (same with Ben), but she was forced into this lifestyle in the same way that Jill and Jana were. I honestly hope she is happy, healthy, and really savoring the time she has with her little family for now.

I also hope that all the Duggar kids are able to have some control over their own privacy. Jill may seem to like the spotlight, but I'm sure there are times when she and Derick want some privacy to themselves. Hopefully they are all able to get those private moments when they want or need them most.

I don't understand why people are so convinced she must be pregnant already. It's totally possible, but just as likely that she's not. Not everyone gets pregnant in two seconds like Jill. Some people try and try and chart and plan and have sex frequently at the perfect times and it still takes them several months to conceive, and that's 100% normal.

Because her husband is at the peak of his fertility and she is just barely on the other side of hers.

Because her husband is at the peak of his fertility and she is just barely on the other side of hers.

Right, but biologically speaking that still doesn't guarantee that they will conceive during any given cycle. She's had 2-3 chances to conceive since getting married. They could be super fertile and banging three times a day and still not be pregnant yet. Jill got lucky. Even most fundie women don't conceive their first cycle trying. It's not a given, even if your husband is a teenager.

As soon as Jill got pregnant so quickly I figured people would unreasonably expect her sisters to do the same as soon as she did or else jump to the conclusion she is rebelling and sneaking BC.

Seriously, Jill is not the norm. It's not that it was insanely unlikely for her to get pregnant that quickly, it's just that it usually takes a little longer. It took Anna Duggar four months and people scoffed at her when she acted like that was a long time. Think of all the fundies we follow here and how many of them got pregnant within a month of getting married. I actually can't think of any besides Jill.

Seriously, Jill is not the norm. It's not that it was insanely unlikely for her to get pregnant that quickly, it's just that it usually takes a little longer. It took Anna Duggar four months and people scoffed at her when she acted like that was a long time. Think of all the fundies we follow here and how many of them got pregnant within a month of getting married. I actually can't think of any besides Jill.

Jasmine Baucham, 5 S'Mortons and :think: You're right, it's not the norm. I think FJ had a discussion about this before. I do think Jessa and Ben will have her first child before their first anniversary. That seems more of the norm with the fundies we follow.

Assuming that they're actively trying to get pregnant and they have normally functioning reproductive systems, there's only a 25-30% chance of pregnancy every month.

And, only 59-63% of couples (dependent on whether they time sex with ovulation) get pregnant within 3 cycles. They wouldn't be considered "infertile" or as "needing assistance" until after a year of actively trying without success since they're under 35 (if you're over 35, it's 6 months). And, depending on how much caffeine the two of them take in, that could have a huge impact on their likelihood to get pregnant.

All that said, it's very possible that either:

-- They're not actively trying (I'm sure they're enjoying sex, and it's likely unprotected, but that doesn't mean that they're actively working towards a baby)

-- They're pregnant and they're not revealing it yet (just because Jill jumped the gun doesn't mean that Jessa will)

-- They just got pregnant and don't yet know it

-- They're using family planning or other birth control methods on the DL

We have no evidence that Ben is fertile. If he is fertile, then yes, he's at the peak of his fertility because of his age. But fertility isn't just about female fertility.

It also can vary for a single person a lot. It took me nine cycles to get pregnant with my son and we started trying mid-cycle and got pregnant that cycle with my daughter. I'm now expecting a third time and it took four cycles. It's impossible tell if even Jill will have Michelle's fertility and consistently have children just over a year apart.

It also can vary for a single person a lot. It took me nine cycles to get pregnant with my son and we started trying mid-cycle and got pregnant that cycle with my daughter. I'm now expecting a third time and it took four cycles. It's impossible tell if even Jill will have Michelle's fertility and consistently have children just over a year apart.

My friend had to go through IVF for her first 2 pregnancies and was told she'd never conceive by herself. At the age of 43 and when her twins were 6 months old, she conceived again without treatment. So, even if they were infertile, there's no guarantee they'd always be infertile.

I'm not sure if she could pull of a six month announcement. She's pretty active on social media and it would be noticed if she went silent or started posting carefully posed pictures. But I could definitely see her waiting until after the first trimester or maybe even later like until 20 weeks.

While the show is going on I don't think any of the Duggars would be able to keep their lives private. I don't think Jim Bob would respect their decision and would use any means necessary to ensure they cooperate with appearing on the show. Didn't Anna's brother-in-law talk about TLC pretty much forcing him to sign a waiver to appear on the show for Josh and Anna's wedding? I would imagine the pressure would be even worse for a Duggar child wanting to be off the show.

If Jessa is pregnant we'll know about it before the show begins. I dont think she is. There is WAY too much pressure to do sonogram episodes with Jill, Anna, and Jessa, have the 3 of them shopping for baby clothes, stupid instagram pics with bows around their bellies... Considering that Anna has been in town for the holidays, and likely through new years, the urge to film would be too great.

MOST couples their age who are actively trying (having sex in their "fertile window" every month) can conceive within 6 months or so. Of course, "looking healthy" doesn't mean you're fertile, but most young, otherwise healthy people their age can conceive relatively quickly. Even if they had some sort of odds against them (like PCOS) their age is still in their favor. And obviously, there's still the risk of miscarriage. But all things considered, I bet she'll be pregnant by the time Jill gives birth. But it's still so early that I think there's a pretty high chance she's not pregnant yet, and IMO there's no real signs that she is.

If she does manage to become pregnant soon (or already is) I bet she will announce in February at the start of the new season. Jchelle is going to need to up her meds ASAP if she's going to cope.

Anyway, Jessa is so slim that I don't think she would be able to hide a pregnancy very long. Jill's boobs gave her away before she even announced, which was obviously early on. Jessa seems to be working out a lot and looks toned with low body fat and a flat stomach. She's not especially tall or naturally wide-framed, either, and she's not really one to wear oversized shirts, so my guess is she announces before hitting the second trimester. For some reason I feel like Jessa will be the first to have twins. :D (and when one goes missing, we'll all know whose My Brest Friend to look under)

(and when one goes missing, we'll all know whose My Brest Friend to look under)

i just snorted some of my drink up my nose, thank you :lol:

MOST couples their age who are actively trying (having sex in their "fertile window" every month) can conceive within 6 months or so. Of course, "looking healthy" doesn't mean you're fertile, but most young, otherwise healthy people their age can conceive relatively quickly. Even if they had some sort of odds against them (like PCOS) their age is still in their favor. And obviously, there's still the risk of miscarriage. But all things considered, I bet she'll be pregnant by the time Jill gives birth. But it's still so early that I think there's a pretty high chance she's not pregnant yet, and IMO there's no real signs that she is.

If she does manage to become pregnant soon (or already is) I bet she will announce in February at the start of the new season. Jchelle is going to need to up her meds ASAP if she's going to cope.

Anyway, Jessa is so slim that I don't think she would be able to hide a pregnancy very long. Jill's boobs gave her away before she even announced, which was obviously early on. Jessa seems to be working out a lot and looks toned with low body fat and a flat stomach. She's not especially tall or naturally wide-framed, either, and she's not really one to wear oversized shirts, so my guess is she announces before hitting the second trimester. For some reason I feel like Jessa will be the first to have twins. :D (and when one goes missing, we'll all know whose My Brest Friend to look under)

We havent been treated to shots of the "den of pleasure" in a while. You think she still has a crib in there? Does she keep stuff in it the way people keep clothes on a treadmill they arent using? I kinda feel like there would be a doll in there...

We havent been treated to shots of the "den of pleasure" in a while. You think she still has a crib in there? Does she keep stuff in it the way people keep clothes on a treadmill they arent using? I kinda feel like there would be a doll in there...

One of those really creepy Real Life look alike dolls.... :ew:

Who is at all surprised :D

I was in Maui - expecting news from the 4 channels they do have.... :nenner:

But who doesn't love her passive aggressive post to Jill - and yes I caught the mother bit before she deleted it.

So in all my viewing what I discovered

Josh can yell - nothing has changed - that video - he couldn't even let Jessa and Ben talk but he let Jill go on Baby Dilly - we know your baby likes spicy as do I

Ben has amazing forearms still based on the newest picture - green :D

Jill is front and centre and in all her glory - Mary is going to have it in February - JUST YOU WAIT

Jessa has reached 995,000 people - Team Jessa

there must be more - but I have jetlag :D

When does the new season start ?

Post new predictions

February 1

Ok, am I stupid? Which video are you guys talking about? I see the one where Josh gives a tour, but besides a bit from Michelle, Jinger & Joy, no one else really speaks.

In the tour video, is it just me, or does it look like Jessa is wearing jeans?

Ready to hurl at the thought of more episodes with 'surprise' announcements. Everyone gathers 'round, the couple takes center stage, deep breath... we're pregnant! And the whole room gasps like this hasn't already happened 24 times. Get over yourselves. Everyone else has. :roll:

Ready to hurl at the thought of more episodes with 'surprise' announcements. Everyone gathers 'round, the couple takes center stage, deep breath... we're pregnant! And the whole room gasps like this hasn't already happened 24 times. Get over yourselves. Everyone else has. :roll:

It would be nice for young women in 2015 (in a few hours) to be able to aspire to goals other than immediate and exclusionary motherhood. Jill is 23 years old...children are great but there is so much more in life. She'll find out just like Michelle is finding out...children grow up and move on and then all you have by Gothard's standards, is a useless vessel.

My goal for the new year

to stop counting down until the new season begins

HAPPY SOON TO BE NEW YEAR

2014 - the year I discovered FJ :D

2015 - the year I drink enough tequila every time Michelle rolls her eyes and says something whimsy about the ffh from the engagement episode :cracking-up:

Ok, am I stupid? Which video are you guys talking about? I see the one where Josh gives a tour, but besides a bit from Michelle, Jinger & Joy, no one else really speaks.

In the tour video, is it just me, or does it look like Jessa is wearing jeans?

looks like jeans to me - :nenner:

If it's the Christmas video lead by Josh, Jessa is wearing gray leggings covered by a black knee length skirt, you can see it when they go to sing.

She does not look pregnant, but then again she'd only be a few weeks along!

Archived