IGNORED

No Christmas Announcement

nst

Would the Duggars rather have their kids masturbate which is normal and get in touch with their own bodies or go out have sex and not be pure for their spouse. Humans have sexual feelings too. Even fundie humans

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't imagine wanting to KNOW what my my teenager was thinking....

Yikes! I know! I have no sick need to be the thought police. Certainly not the masturbation police! There is a reason I changed out my kids bedroom doorknobs to have locks! They deserve privacy and I have no desire to be traumatized for the rest of my life! :lol:

I dislike speculating but I can almost bet that Bin has.

That whole Josh situation is sad. How confused and scared would a boy be if he had a wet dream. They'd be petrified to tell their parents for fear of being told they've sinned or whatever.

The Duggars demand to know everything their kids think because if they didn't, they'd have to face the fact that somewhere, at some point, their kids HAVE thought about things they don't like. This way, they can lie to themselves and pretend that their kids are perfect little robots completely under their control, without a thought of their own. Sorry Boobchelle, every single human has independent thoughts, even those with Stockholm Syndrome.

Exactly, and because there's just no way they can spend quality time raising each of their 19 kids, they replace love, openness and mutual respect with legalism and fear to keep them in line.

For some reason I found even small size tampons uncomfortable even after my virginity was no longer an issue.

There are only 24 hours in each day.

Subtract 8 for work, schooling...

Subtract 8 more for sleeping... (maybe more for other activities)

Ok you're left with 8 total hours for everything else.

No way were these folks having in depth, heart to hearts with each maturing child on a day to day or even regular basis.

When you homeschool, you rarely spend the 6 hours students in schools spend on work because you're not dependent on the lowest common denominator. So, I don't know where your 8 hours for work (what work?) and schooling come from. Not to mention, most of the kids are doing computer based work now, so they're not dependent on parents for teaching. And, being homeschooled, the parent's aren't stuck on a strict schedule of schooling time, they can easily give a kid a break at one time and another kid a break at another time.

I would honestly be surprised, based on all the homeschooling families I know, if the kids spend more than 2 to 4 hours on their work. Not because they're "learning less than they should," but because they can do it at their own pace since they are homeschooled.

When you homeschool, you rarely spend the 6 hours students in schools spend on work because you're not dependent on the lowest common denominator. So, I don't know where your 8 hours for work (what work?) and schooling come from. Not to mention, most of the kids are doing computer based work now, so they're not dependent on parents for teaching. And, being homeschooled, the parent's aren't stuck on a strict schedule of schooling time, they can easily give a kid a break at one time and another kid a break at another time.

I would honestly be surprised, based on all the homeschooling families I know, if the kids spend more than 2 to 4 hours on their work. Not because they're "learning less than they should," but because they can do it at their own pace since they are homeschooled.

Based on that, do you think that there are enough hours in the day to homeschool and do everything needed to maintain a home a property AND give 10+ minor kids + the others still under their control, proper attention?

The Duggars demand to know everything their kids think because if they didn't, they'd have to face the fact that somewhere, at some point, their kids HAVE thought about things they don't like. This way, they can lie to themselves and pretend that their kids are perfect little robots completely under their control, without a thought of their own. Sorry Boobchelle, every single human has independent thoughts, even those with Stockholm Syndrome.

How do the Duggars demand to know everything the kids are thinking? I mean if they barely have time to know much about the kids, then how are they finding time to audit their private thoughts? Have they said they do this in the books? Because I haven't heard this mentioned on the shows. Nothing would surprise me, since we know they monitor their mail, email, phone calls, but I am just curious as to how they are monitoring private thoughts?

Based on that, do you think that there are enough hours in the day to homeschool and do everything needed to maintain a home a property AND give 10+ minor kids + the others still under their control, proper attention?

There are MORE than enough people in that house to keep the home running. Every single one of them is old enough to help with the home and yard maintenance. So, I'm not sure why you're hung up on that.

And I didn't say that there was enough hours in the day, I corrected your estimation of school time.

There are MORE than enough people in that house to keep the home running. Every single one of them is old enough to help with the home and yard maintenance. So, I'm not sure why you're hung up on that.

And I didn't say that there was enough hours in the day, I corrected your estimation of school time.

The conversation was about the PARENTS, not the kids doing the work. The initial conversation was regarding 2 parents not having the time to properly parent 19 children and do everything else that needs to be done within a 24 hour day.

You got sidetracked on a HS issue.

I stand by my comment.

But they're homeschooling ten children in grades Pre-K-12th so the parents should have most of their day taken up working with each child. Not that I think that's the case because they've outsourced the homeschooling between having outside help and using computers. Are your experiences based on homeschooling families with ten children spread out in all those grades? Plus there should be some time spent planning out the curriculum so that it's individualized for each child.

How do the Duggars demand to know everything the kids are thinking? I mean if they barely have time to know much about the kids, then how are they finding time to audit their private thoughts? Have they said they do this in the books? Because I haven't heard this mentioned on the shows. Nothing would surprise me, since we know they monitor their mail, email, phone calls, but I am just curious as to how they are monitoring private thoughts?

I think now that they have more teenagers it must be difficult for them to find time to privately urge each teenager to confess all their impure thoughts but I do believe from Josh's statement that with Josh and probably some of the other older children they did make time to talk to them. If they lay the groundwork while the children are still relatively young that they need to confess sins to their parents then it shouldn't be that difficult to convince especially a young teenager to confess their "struggles".

If all of their teens and pre-teens were confessing every impure thought to them, they wouldn't have a moment free in the day. There's no way they're hearing half of what goes on in their children's minds, which is good. What's not good is that they've raised their children to be ashamed and fearful of normal and healthy thoughts and feelings, whether they're confessing them or not.

I imagine The shower is their only privacy...teens are teens and most likely they have taken a few long showers. Is there any extra bedrooms in that huge house for the older adults to have their own space? Can't one of them move into Bens old private digs, being that they are "employees" as well?

Of course they can't know what every single one of their children is thinking, or even doing,at any given moment. I think Michelle is quoted as saying something to the effect that they set aside a day a month for offspring interrogation purposes/heart to hearts with their children (because trusting, close relationships with your children can be expected when you schedule monthly half hour appointments).

That being said, Gothardites are encouraged to use a few resources that other (reasonable) parents wouldn't.

Firstly, the kids have been brought up in a culture where their parents are simply expected to have a right to know. I'm sure that some kids are more resistant than others and that there are some things that even the most open kid won't share, but having a family culture in which children simply do not have a right to privacy (or an opinion or lots of other things that the mainstream takes for granted) goes a long way in normalising all sorts of unhealthy dynamics. I grew up in a fundie culture that was no where near as Gothard's gold standard,but I look back and I am absolutely blown away by the things we children and adolescents shared with our parents and other adults we believed to be in authority over us.

On top of that, Gothardism heavily encourages kids to journal but these journals are not allowed to be kept private from parents. I think David Waller has mentioned things like his parents commenting on things he had written, and I've seen it in other ATI blogs too (Jacqueline Bittner? I think).

Lastly, I get the feeling that,for all of the our-children-are-all-BFFs shtick, there's a bit of snitchiness among the kids. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if JB&M find out things they would otherwise have no clue about through the kid grapevine.

My parents got more conservative as I got older, but because of that things didn't set in. They tried to get me to let them read my journal, but i wouldn't tell them the password. I was pretty damn stubborn.

Okay, I'm a 19 year old girl and I can guarantee that my father would be horrified if I told him every thought I had. He'd probably cry and tell me to confess my sins to Jesus, not him. Boob thinks he's God although according to what he believes, that'll keep him out of heaven. Read your Bible, Jim Bob.

based on the picture Ben just posted on his facebook

clearly we know what Jessa does to him :D

dear me

get a different picture Ben

dear me

All I see is his public posts, so his profile pic (same as yours!) from November is the latest thing I see. Can you describe it? Did he delete it?

dear me

Sweet baby Jesus.

He can't really be that naive, can he? I mean...I know that's a religious picture and all but that's...ew.

Now I'm picturing him and Jessa doing things and I'm so weirded out :brain-bleach:

All I see is his public posts, so his profile pic (same as yours!) from November is the latest thing I see. Can you describe it? Did he delete it?

https://www.facebook.com/benL4CSeewald/ ... =notify_me

someone should replace the picture of the lady and put Jessa

and tell me you all saw this video

https://www.facebook.com/DerickandJilld ... 5253896076

she discusses the first kiss

Ben Seewald

Writer

THIS MADE ME LAUGH :nenner: :nenner: :nenner: :nenner:

he changed it on his facebook :D

what does he write - besides - he basically plagiarizes bible passages

HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Archived