IGNORED

No Christmas Announcement

nst

If it's the Christmas video lead by Josh, Jessa is wearing gray leggings covered by a black knee length skirt, you can see it when they go to sing.

She does not look pregnant, but then again she'd only be a few weeks along!

although in all the newest duggar photos - whether she is in them or just photoboming with ben - she is covering herself with a blanket

:nenner: :nenner: :nenner:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I like to imagine that Jessa is sassy enough, at least in her own thoughts, to mess with us, the public, a bit. If I were her I'd be wearing baggy shirts, stuffing my bra, and grabbing pillows and blankets every time I sat down. All while using some form of birth control!

I also like to think that is why the older girls have an interest in midwifery, to get more unbasised information on just how pregnancy occurs! Notice even Jinger has signed on to be photog at these home and birth center births.

looks like jeans to me - :nenner:

I thought the same when I was watching it the first time. I'm still not sure but I think she's wearing a black skirt which can be overseen due to the dark background.

I have a thought. Does anyone else think that the Duggar girls and women in the household, except for Michelle, have stopped wearing skirts (to some extent) except for when the cameras are rolling?

These are women and children who all started out in full-length prairie costumes. From there, the hemlines kept getting shorter and shorter, and in recent videos, both Jessa and Joy looked like they pulled on little miniskirts over their leggings just because the camera was on.

I have a feeling that the rules regarding skirts are being relaxed more and more, and quite possibly, it will reach the point where the female Duggarlings will wear skirts only if they want to.

I have a thought. Does anyone else think that the Duggar girls and women in the household, except for Michelle, have stopped wearing skirts (to some extent) except for when the cameras are rolling?

These are women and children who all started out in full-length prairie costumes. From there, the hemlines kept getting shorter and shorter, and in recent videos, both Jessa and Joy looked like they pulled on little miniskirts over their leggings just because the camera was on.

I have a feeling that the rules regarding skirts are being relaxed more and more, and quite possibly, it will reach the point where the female Duggarlings will wear skirts only if they want to.

I agree with what you said 100%. Although Jessa was only 10 when the show began and now she is "married'" and can do anything Ben wants her to lol

so maybe she is telling Ben to tell her to wear leggings- in any case - good for them for stirring it up - as well - they must love to rub the touching and leg holding and change of clothes in their parents faces :D although this is what they were trained for so I doubt the parents care that Ben is constantly copping a feel of Jessa on the couch.....

It's entirely possible. That pic with Jinger in workout pants, as Ben sat nearby with Jessa... those two weren't married yet. So there's evidence of a daughter wearing pants in front of a guy who wasn't a relative by blood or marriage.

But they don't not wear pants because they think pants in and of themselves are immodest - they don't wear pants because they think the Bible tells them that women shouldn't attire themselves like men, and vice versa, and this is how they interpret it. They've made exceptions for certain activities, which is nothing new. I really doubt they're all wearing pants at home and then changing for the cameras. I understand the rationale and I think many fundies who have strayed fundie lite do this for family photos and the like, but I don't think the Duggars are there.

I don't believe all of them are wearing pants at home, and definitely not all the time, it just seems like the regulations for skirts seem to be sliding further all the time. And Jessa's skirt-leggings combo in the Christmas video looks like it's all one piece, but then it hit me - maybe I'm wrong and there are times when some of them just wear pants, and they keep little skirts around to slide into when a photo or video session occurs.

Makes me think of that video from Jill's wedding reception at the Tinker Toy House, the one where Michelle was talking to Wendy Rivera about Jill's wedding dress. Late in the video, Michelle picks up Josie, who is running around in the background without her bolero jacket from the wedding ceremony, and starts talking about modesty, all while wrestling Josie back into the jacket.

The fact that Josie's bare arms were exposed was a complete non-issue, right up until Michelle noticed it and realized an audience would be watching the video...and then it was.

This video is posted on the Duggar family website - the part where Michelle wrestled her youngest into her jacket was edited out of the video. However, people did see it and commented on how odd they thought Michelle was for doing it - check out comment number 55 on this page:

duggarfamilyblog.com/2014/06/jill-duggar-dillards-wedding-dress.html

Here's the comment, in case they nuke it:

Anonymous said... 55

Nice interview, but was Michelle serious in covering up Josie's arms? The child is what, 3 or 4? Being modest is their choice and I can respect the family for this choice, but acting weird about a child's bare arms is silly.

June 30, 2014 at 5:38 PM Add Reply

Anyone care to get a screencap of this before it's gone?

The weird rules actually draws MORE attention to the Duggars, but IMHO, attention is their goal.

I'm not a fan of Jessa's (although I feel like I could tolerate her and her sassiness better than I could tolerate Jill's overly happy disposition) and I REALLY do not like Ben, I hope that if they get pregnant when they want to. If that's now, great. If not, great. Knowing the entire world is wondering about whether or not you got your period this month must be weird and uncomfortable. It would be for me.

Personally, I think the reason that Jill and Derick are less offensive on social media is because Derick has an outside career and reputation to uphold. Derick has much more at stake and to lose, if he (or they) post something that others find offensive. Ben has nothing- and nothing to lose.

I'm not a fan of Jessa's (although I feel like I could tolerate her and her sassiness better than I could tolerate Jill's overly happy disposition) and I REALLY do not like Ben, I hope that if they get pregnant when they want to. If that's now, great. If not, great. Knowing the entire world is wondering about whether or not you got your period this month must be weird and uncomfortable. It would be for me.

The more time I spend on here or Tumblr, the happier I am that I'm not famous. I couldn't imagine being scrutinized every second and having my waistline watched for signs of a baby. I feel so awful for female celebrities because they can't even have ONE food baby without everyone erupting with speculations and "confirmed stories from people close to the celebrity."

If I was famous, I think I would spend my entire life making sure no one could see my stomach...

Personally, I think the reason that Jill and Derick are less offensive on social media is because Derick has an outside career and reputation to uphold. Derick has much more at stake and to lose, if he (or they) post something that others find offensive. Ben has nothing- and nothing to lose.

I think it's a lot to do with age and maturity. Derick is older and has more life experiences that don't revolve around his immediate family. Jill is also older and has had a life (albeit a limited one) that exposed her to other people without her parent's rude and condescending behavior. They're both more likely to understand the ramifications of what they're saying, who they may be offending, and what people respond better to.

Jessa has known nothing outside her family. Jana was the one who accompanied Jill, not Jessa. Jessa's social contact has been limited to those chosen by her parents as acceptable. Ben is 19, he lived at home until he moved to the Duggar compound. His parents might be less strict, but he was still probably very limited in his experiences and social group. Neither one of them likely knows people who disagree with them, and they have both been taught that it's better to "witness" people than to let people remain "godless." Their lack of experience breeds a lack of wisdom and tact.

Josh and Anna are more or less a "grown up" version of Jessa and Ben. Unless the Jessa and Ben actively seek to experience new things with an open mind, they're going to end up the same as Josh and Anna. And, as long as Ben stays on in "the family business," they're not likely to have the opportunity for those experiences, let alone the need to open their minds.

this disturbs me lol - I can't stand Josh and Anna and I would hate to think that Ben will become Josh physically or mentally and I don't think for a minute that Jessa is Anna at all - in way shape or form

I have faith that Benessa will run away eventually and be circus clowns at the very least.

But to become Josh and Anna that just horrifies me

this disturbs me lol - I can't stand Josh and Anna and I would hate to think that Ben will become Josh physically or mentally and I don't think for a minute that Jessa is Anna at all - in way shape or form

I have faith that Benessa will run away eventually and be circus clowns at the very least.

But to become Josh and Anna that just horrifies me

I think you are way too optimistic about Ben and Jessa. Just because they're young and want to wear nice clothes and do things that on the surface level seem more modern does not mean they're "rebelling." IMO people are reading way too much into everything Jessa and Ben share because they want them to rebel and are projecting that onto them. I don't think it's going to happen. Ben is not the kind of guy that I see mellowing Jessa out. If anything, I see it getting worse.

Jessa's been pretty clear in saying she wants a large family. What's the difference between her and Anna? What difference does a snarky personality make if she still ends up popping out 20 blessings who will be shipped off to Gothard and his minions when the time comes? She still has exactly the same beliefs as Anna, J'chelle and the rest of them. Somehow people think she's cool and different and is going to make a run for it because she sucks at housewifely duties like cooking? Come on.

I mean, with time, there's not a single Duggar kid that I can say I'd be shocked at rebelling or just leaving fundiedom in general. Time can do a lot. So maybe Jessa will change eventually. But right now, I really am missing these "hidden clues" people seem to think they are always giving that they are going to "be different." Everything Jessa posts, people seem convinced it's a secret "fuck you" to Jill or her parents or the general public or your subject of choice. I love speculating, but it's really gotten ridiculous with Jessa IMO.

I really don't see any of them rebelling. Statistically, some of them will move away from their faith. But I can't see it happening with any of the older ones. The 3 that are married are doing exactly what's expected of them.

On a less serious note, I had a dream that they announced and she was due in August. I actually checked all their social media accounts just before to make sure :lol:

It was JB who announced it too and not Jessa or Ben. I'm gathering that part will come true :roll:

I think you are way too optimistic about Ben and Jessa. Just because they're young and want to wear nice clothes and do things that on the surface level seem more modern does not mean they're "rebelling." IMO people are reading way too much into everything Jessa and Ben share because they want them to rebel and are projecting that onto them. I don't think it's going to happen. Ben is not the kind of guy that I see mellowing Jessa out. If anything, I see it getting worse.

Jessa's been pretty clear in saying she wants a large family. What's the difference between her and Anna? What difference does a snarky personality make if she still ends up popping out 20 blessings who will be shipped off to Gothard and his minions when the time comes?

She still has exactly the same beliefs as Anna, J'chelle and the rest of them. Somehow people think she's cool and different and is going to make a run for it because she sucks at housewifely duties like cooking? Come on.

I mean, with time, there's not a single Duggar kid that I can say I'd be shocked at rebelling or just leaving fundiedom in general. Time can do a lot. So maybe Jessa will change eventually. But right now, I really am missing these "hidden clues" people seem to think they are always giving that they are going to "be different." Everything Jessa posts, people seem convinced it's a secret "fuck you" to Jill or her parents or the general public or your subject of choice. I love speculating, but it's really gotten ridiculous with Jessa IMO.

No one is going to break away until the TLC and easy money dry up...those older kids know life before the show and NONE of them is prepared to support themselves without the TLC gig and money. I doubt any Duggar aside from GM Mary is willing to return to the pre- TLC life and living conditions.

I really don't see any of them rebelling. Statistically, some of them will move away from their faith. But I can't see it happening with any of the older ones. The 3 that are married are doing exactly what's expected of them.

On a less serious note, I had a dream that they announced and she was due in August. I actually checked all their social media accounts just before to make sure :lol:

It was JB who announced it too and not Jessa or Ben. I'm gathering that part will come true :roll:

They are like trained circus animals- they hear a bell and perform for easy cash.

No one is going to break away until the TLC and easy money dry up...those older kids know life before the show and NONE of them is prepared to support themselves without the TLC gig and money. I doubt any Duggar aside from GM Mary is willing to return to the pre- TLC life and living conditions.

Even if TLC left today, they wouldn't return to the past conditions. They outright own their house and vehicles. JB and Michelle have invested their money in other real estate properties that could help tide them over. They have 8 kids above 18, and 3 arent living at home. The older kids could financially contribute to the family if necessary or they could be married off. There aren't any babies, so that saves a lot of money. Even if a rebellion happens, they would likely still have money coming in from talks and PLENTY of money from the media wanting to capture the fallout.

The kids won't rebell while TLC exists in their lives because they have no reason to. They have money, they have popularity, they get to travel the world, they don't need jobs if they don't want them, etc.

I agree; I don't see any of them ever wanting to downgrade to a life of couponing for Hamburger Helper dinners in a paid-for-with-cash unrenovated 800 square foot 50s ranch house. Even Michelle is high on the money now. I pray God will have mercy on our souls in 2015 and we never have to hear her say the word bling again.

And even if they'd probably never be as poor as they were pre-TLC, they would have to make sacrifices if the show was suddenly canceled. I'm sure they'd be fine short-term, but long-term...I don't know. JB+M could probably retire very comfortably, but the kids would be SOL. JB+M's money, as much as it might seem, would not go that far if it was spread between 19 kids IF they did decide to divvy it up. Even if they got, say, $200,000 a piece (which is probably overestimating their wealth, or at least their more liquid and available funds) - that could maybe buy each kid a basic, decent house, but there's no substitute for a stable, long-term job and income, especially if they have large families. I mean, I respect that at least Derick has a "real" job - but even he can't be making over $50k tops (and I'm guessing in reality it's $35-40k). If they had 10 kids and that was their only income, in that enormous house? At that point, couponing for Hamburger Helper might be the only option. And I can't even begin to guess what Josh makes at FRC, but THAT gig will not last forever, that's for sure.

I agree; I don't see any of them ever wanting to downgrade to a life of couponing for Hamburger Helper dinners in a paid-for-with-cash unrenovated 800 square foot 50s ranch house. Even Michelle is high on the money now. I pray God will have mercy on our souls in 2015 and we never have to hear her say the word bling again.

And even if they'd probably never be as poor as they were pre-TLC, they would have to make sacrifices if the show was suddenly canceled. I'm sure they'd be fine short-term, but long-term...I don't know. JB+M could probably retire very comfortably, but the kids would be SOL. JB+M's money, as much as it might seem, would not go that far if it was spread between 19 kids IF they did decide to divvy it up. Even if they got, say, $200,000 a piece (which is probably overestimating their wealth, or at least their more liquid and available funds) - that could maybe buy each kid a basic, decent house, but there's no substitute for a stable, long-term job and income, especially if they have large families. I mean, I respect that at least Derick has a "real" job - but even he can't be making over $50k tops (and I'm guessing in reality it's $35-40k). If they had 10 kids and that was their only income, in that enormous house? At that point, couponing for Hamburger Helper might be the only option. And I can't even begin to guess what Josh makes at FRC, but THAT gig will not last forever, that's for sure.

ITA- and JB is in charge of the money. He and Michelle and GM might be OK, but all the kids had better think long and hard about how they would be able to support a gaggle of children.

In my neck of the woods (admittedly one of the most expensive regions in the country), $200,000 is a nice down payment on a house, so my thinking on housing and mortgages is a bit skewed.

Without any real education or skill how will these adults thrive and support mega families? Ben and Jessa' situation is hopeless without her daddy providing everything. Can anyone really support that union? Short term thinking is rarely good, IMO.

I used to have Walmart as a client, at a company I used to work for, and dealt with them daily for 5 long years, the vast majority of the people I worked with quoted the bible (including to support fundi beliefs/statements) on both all of their emails and on their voice mail greeting and any voice mails they left me. The higher ups used to tell us how they liked our salesman despite him being Jewish, because "he knew his place" while visiting Bentonville (I used to fear for the guy, seriously...he was gorgeous is why I felt like they were 'ok' with him) and during our bi-annual 'what can we do to serve Walmart better' they would mention that they would love a strong Christian sales person instead. A.k.a. I don't think if Ben worked for Walmart his very evangelical social media posts would hurt him at all...most likely it would help!

And if you are opposed to the Duggars extreme beliefs, the best way you can protest that viewpoint is to NOT shop at Walmart. Trust me that corporation strongly supports the same beliefs, with a lot more money than the Duggars will ever have to donate.

I used to have Walmart as a client, at a company I used to work for, and dealt with them daily for 5 long years, the vast majority of the people I worked with quoted the bible (including to support fundi beliefs/statements) on both all of their emails and on their voice mail greeting and any voice mails they left me. The higher ups used to tell us how they liked our salesman despite him being Jewish, because "he knew his place" while visiting Bentonville (I used to fear for the guy, seriously...he was gorgeous is why I felt like they were 'ok' with him) and during our bi-annual 'what can we do to serve Walmart better' they would mention that they would love a strong Christian sales person instead. A.k.a. I don't think if Ben worked for Walmart his very evangelical social media posts would hurt him at all...most likely it would help!

And if you are opposed to the Duggars extreme beliefs, the best way you can protest that viewpoint is to NOT shop at Walmart. Trust me that corporation strongly supports the same beliefs, with a lot more money than the Duggars will ever have to donate.

No worries. I live in a WM free county...beyond religion, how they have changed the US economy and workforce is astounding. I could never support such a business plan.

Not Walmart, but I'll never forget when my family and I drove through the southern U.S. over Easter weekend about 12 years ago. The hotel we stayed at in Georgia had changed their sign to say, "Jesus Died For Your Sins And Rose Again On The Third Day" - we saw so many signs like that, not to mention all the 'Jesus is Coming' signs along the highway (including one that was a clock with the hand pointed to just before midnight, like Jesus is a nuclear attack or something) - and yet everything was open on Good Friday. Everything!

Man, I kinda feel for Jessa... Everyone is expecting her to be expecting or speculating she's using BC... Unless she keeps posting publicly via social media, she didn't choose this :(

(That being said, I don't blame those who speculate. I'm just grateful at the moment I'm not Jessa... And I am curious too but am refraining from making a conclusion.)

Archived