IGNORED

watcha watchin?

browncoatslytherin

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Settling down tonight to watch the Not Going Out Christmas episode and The  Big Fat quiz of the year 2015. The lineup for this year's quiz is just too good to miss. It beats last year's mess with Mel B (it was horrible. She sucked all the funny out of the room) 

Latest obsessions are The KnickMr. RobotHomelandThe Wire, and Serial podcast, along with a couple of spinoffs. 

Speaking of true crime, I marathonned Making a Murderer in three nights last week, and started The Jinx last night.

Just watched the first episode of Better Call Saul (Christmas gift from Playakid #2). Looking forward to getting into the show.

Insanely looking forward to watching the X-Files reboot in January. Seriously looking forward to it. I mean, really, really seriously. Did I mention how much I'm looking forward to it????? Best.show.ever.  Except for the last two seasons which should have never been and which I like to pretend never were.

Right at this moment I'm watching the Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy.  The current episode is Time Enough at Last -one of my favorites. The marathon continues through tomorrow, but I'm watching the Marx Brothers marathon on TCM during the day.

At the moment a documentary on crooked cops. Earlier in the week I started watching Doctor Who. DVRed Bringing up Bates. Maybe I will watch that later

I've finished binge watching 2 seasons of Broadchurch. This murder mystery had me hooked from the first episode. I have mad respect for British casting. It's refreshing to see real people who aren't botoxed, plucked, and plumped to the heavens. Kudos to the show for showing a realistic postpartum body.

My latest temporary obsession are the hoarding shows. I've been purging every closet, drawer and cubboard in the house!

None of the newer shows have grabbed me this season. I liked Wayward Pines over the summer. I also started watching  Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

My German penfriend (how old fashioned is that word. We've been writing/emailing for 35 years!!) just posted me a DVD of a movie set in Berlin (where she lives) during the Cold War. I don't speak German, so she was happy to find one subtitled in English.  Unfortunately only about 1/4 of the characters lines had subtitles so I had little idea what was going on and didn't finish watching it. I'll have to email to say it arrived, but she will be so disappointed we couldn't watch it. :( 

I was watching Ancient Black Ops for a while today.  I watched the one episode about the Sicarii - the ultra orthodox Jewish who violently opposed the Romans in the years after Jesus Christ and who holed up in Masada after the revolt that started in 66 AD.  I started the episode on the ancient German Ghost Warriors but got a call from work so I had to stop it for a while, maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow. 

I finished up Bloodline today, and looking for a new series to start. I'm really looking forward to The Crown and The Get Down.

Game of Thrones but it's not airing right now sooooo... I accept recommendations please :) nothing about action or mobsters.

Our family (all adults) has started watching this terrible series called "Trailer Park Boys."  Honestly, it's lowered our collective I.Q.'s substantially, yet we can't stop watching and laughing. 

I love trashy reality TV (why else would I have joined this fine website), and right now I am LOVING Hotwives of Orlando. Best summed up by this quote: "I work hard for my money. And anyone who says I didn't has never had sex with an old dude."

I'm watching the third season of Masters of Sex and wondering what the hell they're doing. The first season was definitely the best imo and it's been going downhill since. Occasionally a scene will give me hope again but it's become very strange.

Before that I finished the second season of The 100 and that was the exact opposite : the second season is a big improvement on the first one. Funny how these things go.

23 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Our family (all adults) has started watching this terrible series called "Trailer Park Boys."  Honestly, it's lowered our collective I.Q.'s substantially, yet we can't stop watching and laughing. 

I love Bubs. 

2 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

OK so the quote gods are spitting on me tonight. I'm trying to quote CTRLZero and Grimaldi re: Trailer Park Boys but am having no luck whatsoever. I watched this show several years ago and loved the stupidity of it. Totally lowered my IQ (though I have my grade 10 :my_biggrin:). It also caused me to swear more than i thought humanly possible. Conky was the best!!!

Today I'm finishing the latest season of The Following, on Netflix. It's pretty dark, but great story line! 

33 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Today I'm finishing the latest season of The Following, on Netflix. It's pretty dark, but great story line! 

I forgot all about The Following, I recall liking the what I saw of Season 1. Thanks for giving me my next series to watch while I wait for the return of The Americans.

31 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

I forgot all about The Following, I recall liking the what I saw of Season 1. Thanks for giving me my next series to watch while I wait for the return of The Americans.

Let me know what you think! I'm at the very last episode! 

My husband and I recently discovered The Fosters. We're on season 3, and I have no idea what we'll find to watch when we finish the season. 

Archived