IGNORED

watcha watchin?

browncoatslytherin

15 hours ago, Playagirl said:

loved the stupidity of it. Totally lowered my IQ (though I have my grade 10

Yes, when I first stumbled across it, I thought it was sooooo stupid that I'd quit after an episode or two, but they have their little hooks to draw you in and keep you laughing:  Lahey and Randy role play costumes; Bubbles' go kart; the father-daughter quit smoking episode.  Gaah, I'll stop, because these quirky characters generate so many memorable scenes.  Oh, and a very young Ellen Page! 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just binged through a series called The Assets I found on Netflix.  Fictionalized 8 episode miniseries with a 9th behind the scenes with some of the real people focused on the hunt in the CIA for the mole that turned out to be Aldrich Ames.  Historic in that it is set in 1985 - 1992 (which makes me feel a tad old)

7 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Yes, when I first stumbled across it, I thought it was sooooo stupid that I'd quit after an episode or two, but they have their little hooks to draw you in and keep you laughing:  Lahey and Randy role play costumes; Bubbles' go kart; the father-daughter quit smoking episode.  Gaah, I'll stop, because these quirky characters generate so many memorable scenes.  Oh, and a very young Ellen Page! 

Trinity stealing BBQs, Ricky trying to defend himself in court without swearing, Bubbles' kitty, blue jay burgers....I can go on. I refused to watch at first when my teenage son discovered it (and we had a few nasty arguments as I tried to forbid him from watching). But like you I got drawn in to the insanity of it. Loved Ellen/Trinity.

+1 for American Crime.

I binge watched Humans, but they pissed me off at ep 7 and idk if I care enough to watch season 2 when it comes out.

A friend recommended Jane the Virgin. I'm halfway through the first episode and it's so funny! 

Since DIRECTV has the Showtime preview I recorded Prophet's Prey.

And after watching 20 minutes I can say Warren Jeffs is a completely evil fuck.

I'd call him a sick fuck but sick would imply he wasn't responsible for his vile acts.

On 12/22/2015 at 2:47 PM, LilMissMetaphor said:

Super looking forward to Black Sails starting again in a month.

We have been binge watching Seasons 1 and 2 - what a bloodthirsty and well-produced series!  Hannah New, who plays proprietress Eleanor Guthrie, reminds me so much of Keira Knightley in Pirates of the Caribbean.  Glad we decided to watch.

I've been binge-watching the first season of  iZombie on Netflix. It is a fun combo of three of my favorite series: Veronica Mars, Dead Like Me, and Pushing Daisies. All those got canceled too soon; I'm hoping this one sticks around.

On 1/18/2016 at 7:14 PM, 47of74 said:

Since DIRECTV has the Showtime preview I recorded Prophet's Prey.

And after watching 20 minutes I can say Warren Jeffs is a completely evil fuck.

I'd call him a sick fuck but sick would imply he wasn't responsible for his vile acts.

Thank you for the recommendation. And, I agree with your post entirely. I watched this with my SO. The scene right at the end where they played some "courtroom evidence" was extremely disturbing.

I had thought, erroneously, that Jeff's "cult" went away when he went to prison. How wrong that assumption was. It's scary to think the amount of power this man, and this cult wields.

Thank you for the recommendation. And, I agree with your post entirely. I watched this with my SO. The scene right at the end where they played some "courtroom evidence" was extremely disturbing.

I had thought, erroneously, that Jeff's "cult" went away when he went to prison. How wrong that assumption was. It's scary to think the amount of power this man, and this cult wields.

And now we can all say "Thank you Hobby Lobby" for letting that cult get away with the stuff they're doing now.

On 4/9/2015 at 11:29 PM, Geechee Girl said:

I could barely get through 2 episodes of Black Mirror. It was the creepiest thing I've seen, and I can't shake the imagery where my mind filled in the blanks. That show hurt my soul. Have you checked out Rita? It's a slice of life show revolving around a school teacher in Denmark.

We just started watching Black Mirror (last night, in fact). We watched "National Anthem" (which I had to FF through some of) and "White Bear." I think the point is to hurt one's soul to show how soulless technology and things like social media, etc. have started to make people.

We're looking forward to watching more episodes.

Also, I started binge watching Call the Midwife last weekend, and don't know why I waited so long. Lovelovelove that show (although it's utterly heartbreaking in some places).

Since I've got the David McCollough book up next in my Audible queue, I figured I'd watch HBO'S John Adams miniseries on Amazon Prime. So far, so good. 

13 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

We just started watching Black Mirror (last night, in fact). We watched "National Anthem" (which I had to FF through some of) and "White Bear." I think the point is to hurt one's soul to show how soulless technology and things like social media, etc. have started to make people.

We're looking forward to watching more episodes.

Also, I started binge watching Call the Midwife last weekend, and don't know why I waited so long. Lovelovelove that show (although it's utterly heartbreaking in some places).

More power to ya! Take one for the team while I :pearlclutching:  :my_biggrin:.

Supernatural on netflix and season 11 on cw.  Lucy Worsley docs on youtube, The Blue Planet on netflix.

I have just finished binge watching The Last Kingdom season 1 and The Almighty Johnsons on netflix. 

I tried to get into the AMJ when it was on tellie, but I kept missing episodes and it never made sense. The Kiwi accents are a bit thick but other than that I really enjoyed it. 

Can't wait for season 2 of The Last Kingdom.

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 3:57 PM, EyeQueue said:

Series 5 just started in the UK 2 weeks ago, both episodes shown so far are sad but very good.

Archived