IGNORED

watcha watchin?

browncoatslytherin

besides 19kac of course :P are there any particular tv shows you're watching right now? anything you newly discovered? perhaps rewatching due to nostalgia?

a couple of months ago, my fiance and i binge watched all four seasons of avatar: the last airbender, and now we're into season three of avatar: the legend of korra. and OMG THE FEELS. the feels you guys. they are so real. especially after the season two finale of korra, i seriously couldn't watch anymore that night, i had to let it all sink in and digest before we moved on. it was intense.

when we're in a silly mood, though, we usually watch some tosh.0 :P for giggles, cuz we gotta have the giggles.

we also started watching justice league after we had watched the first avatar, but we're officially side-tracked with korra now.

i'm behind on game of thrones and grimm :/ i really need to get back to it. but korra! goddamnit.

anyway, feel free to chat away about what shows are piquing your interest right now. :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two new shows I am enjoying are "Gotham" and "Forever".

"Gotham" is a new look at the Batman origin story focusing more on a young James Gordon and only ocassionally touching on the development of school aged Bruce Wayne after the murder of his parents. Fish is one of the coolest villians I have seen in a long time. She is just so darn cold and calculating while obviously enjoying the finer things in life.

Even the well known villians origin stories are being explored in formative detail. Cobblepot, the eventual villan Penguin is especially well done. When he isn't calmly slaughtering people you actually have moments of feeling sorry for him.

"Forever" is essentially a reboot of the premise behind the short lived, "New Amsterdam" with a few new twists. Now our eternal hero doesn't seem to be able to reproduce, applies his centuries of hard earned knowledge with Sherlock type intensity and arrogance and has a mysterious foe just like him who instead of becoming an ally decides to toy with him. It is great to see Judd Hirsch back on a prime-time TV drama.

I'm hate-watching the final season of Parenthood. New shows I'm enjoying are Bad Judge, Red Band Society and Forever.

On Netflix, I'm switching between Gilmore Girls (squee!) and Criminal Minds.

I am watching "How to get Away With Murder." I am liking it so far. I also like "Madam Secretary." Well we watch a lot, but those are the two new ones.

We just binge-watched all of Game of Thrones.

Now TV is ruined for us. Because nothing else is as good. :cry:

I am enjoying Intruders on BBCA though.

Basically, all the ones I'm recapping. Plus I'm going through House of Cards and OITNB again, and checking out Transparent, Borgen and the Swedish Wallander. Also (somewhat sheepishly) watching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning. Would love to catch up on Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad in a less busy life.

I'm into How to Get Away with Murder, especially after the end of last night's episode.

"Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?"

I somehow managed to watch a whole hour of "True Tori" on Friday afternoon. It's the newest Tori Spelling semi-reality show, and it's as crap as the others. She really needs to stop with the Botox, plastic surgery, and/or lip collagen, because her face just looks wrong.

I counteracted that with the series finale and premiere of Buffy, and found out that Pivot is doing a Buffy marathon on Halloween. I own all the DVDs, but I may watch anyway. I also need to see if the Thanksgiving eps of Buffy and Gilmore Girls are going to be on; otherwise I have to dig through the DVDs, because those are right up there with the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving in my book.

We are a season and a bit behind on Agents of SHIELD and need to catch up; enjoying all 3 NCIS' (I love Scott Bakula), and Forever is pretty good. DH is still watching the train wreck that is Gold Rush - I've given up on it. And we're a week behind on Haven, need to watch those and see where this is all going. Pretty sure SyFy will cancel it soon, since they don't keep anything past the 5th season (well, anything actually sci-fi related).

I've only seen the first two episodes, but "Selfie" is a rather cute show.
Yes! a kindred goofy-comedy fan :D Selfie looks interesting to me too, haven't watched it yet though. i watch most of my shows online because i have to wait for my kids to be asleep, so that puts me at least a week behind. And i don't have the brain cells left to get into anything with a complicated story line right now unfortunately.

Have to say Black-ish is really funny but in a cringeworthy way, like The Office used to be. i'm a fan but I don't think it'll be around long, the racial comments are really pointed. I watched it a few nights ago taking breaks from doing dishes.

Eventually i'll get into Downton Abbey, loved the few episodes i had a chance to catch so far.

My TV show habits are all over the place. I watch more reality TV than I should. I'm into The Amazing Race, Face Off, Kim of Queens, and Bring It with a dash of Dance Moms.

I'm enjoying Black-ish, although I can only handle Anthony Anderson in small doses. I catch Nashville, Gotham, Forever, Elementary, and Sleepy Hollow on demand. I keep meaning to check out Gradepoint before it gets canceled.

I hate-watch Scandal, America's Next Top Model, The Young & the Restless, and Bold & the Beautiful.

On Netflix, I've recently finished Parks & Rec. I tried to give The 100 a shot, but it was awful. Ouran Host Club and Bob's Burgers are my mindless guilty pleasure.

• 4 weeks later...

You mean there's other shows out there besides 19kac? ;)

Futurama/Walking Dead/House (sad that it's done now)/Law & Order: SVU/Chapelle Show/Key & Peele/Sherlock/WWE are a few that come to mind. Unfortunately (or maybe not so), I don't have access to BBC America. I so badly want to get into Doctor Who; hope to soon.

• 2 months later...

Mostly youtube stuff. Right now: embarrassing bodies. I started watching them when I was looking for videos where people removed their plantar warts by force or freezing. (Don't, ever! I just had a cohabitant plantar wart that I got tired of, so I started cutting, butchering and freezing it off.)

Besides that, just about the time I got tired of watching dr who, (aaaand there goes the entire meaning to my nickname) I started watching the original Addams family.

I always watch the latest episodes of Family guy and the Simpsons, and, although I don't enjoy it anymore, South Park.

I also went through 50s and 60s educational videos. Oh boy. Fundies or not, we have evolved a LOT!

lately, the fiance and i have been watching a lot of wrestling stuff. like, older stuff, not the newer wwe stuff. he has a bunch of old wcw nitro episodes and all of wwf raw from '93, plus a bunch of ppv's and other stuff. the other day we watched "forever hardcore" about ecw and "heroes of world class" about wccw and the von erich family (not the one that wwe put out, it was an independently produced one) and then last night we watched "the aftermath: chris benoit" which was a compilation of a lot of shoot interviews from different wrestlers reacting to chris' final actions. tonight, i think we'll go with "beyond the mat!"

this weekend, i might con fiance into watching some harry potter with me :D he also wants to watch some old ecw stuff, too, that i've never seen, so it'll probably end up being a mish mash.

The Fall on Netflix. The first season is better than the second, I think, but it's still pretty good. Irish serial killer hunted by Gillian Anderson as a London cop.

We also recently started Black Mirror, Silicon Valley, and Venture Brothers.

I've binge watched and caught up on Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, and Mr Selfridge.

Looking forward to The Walking Dead coming back tonight :cracking-up: , Orphan Black resuming April 18th, and the new seasons of Call the Midwife and Mr Selfridge are airing now, and the husband is duly saving them up for me to binge watch later.

Oooh! And Game of Thrones back 12th April, and the final season of Mad Men is early April too.

As well as all those shows, I am slowly getting into Battlestar Galactica, as I didn't watch it first time around. I love Jamie Bamber - in Law & Order:UK as well as BSG.

Additionally, I can't wait for the Formula 1 racing to start up again in March :D

I am watching The Vikings on Hulu. It is pretty good and the history makes a lot more sense that Reign (I watch Reign to laugh at the costumes, mostly).

I am watching The Vikings on Hulu. It is pretty good and the history makes a lot more sense that Reign (I watch Reign to laugh at the costumes, mostly).

Vikings is pretty good. I only got to the end of series 1, so I think there's Series 2 and maybe another one to come.

Reign looked appalling - and I usually like historical dramas. It just looked like teenage drama in somewhat period costuming.

I couldn't watch The Tudors either, as Jonathan Rhys-Meyer was just so wrong as Henry VIII, that it was distracting.

Just got into Orange is the new black & watched the first 2 seasons on Netflix in a matter of about a week. Love that show!!

Vikings is pretty good. I only got to the end of series 1, so I think there's Series 2 and maybe another one to come.

Reign looked appalling - and I usually like historical dramas. It just looked like teenage drama in somewhat period costuming.

I couldn't watch The Tudors either, as Jonathan Rhys-Meyer was just so wrong as Henry VIII, that it was distracting.

There is a second season and the third will air on The History Channel shortly.

The lead actor whose name I can't remember is a lead in the World of Warcraft movie that will debut sometime in 2016.

my fiance and i were watching random clips from madtv last night. i've barely seen any madtv but he's seen a lot, so he was able to pull up some great stuff.

OH MY GOD THE VANCOME LADY. :lol: she had me rolling. definitely my favourite character.

There is a second season and the third will air on The History Channel shortly.

The lead actor whose name I can't remember is a lead in the World of Warcraft movie that will debut sometime in 2016.

Travis Fimmel, I think his name is...

Be interesting to see how his career goes after Vikings.

Archived