IGNORED

watcha watchin?

browncoatslytherin

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been re-watching ''Pushing Daisies''. I had not seen it again since the first time it aired in 2008-2009. I had forgotten the overloading cuteness of that show. Not only is it wonderfully adorable, it's visually stunning. I'm crying because there are only two seasons. :cry:

Stargate SG-1, for the Tor.com re-watch. Up to season 7 of SG-1 right now, remembering how much I loved this show. It's a chronological re-watch, so SG: Atlantis and SG: Universe will be mixed in after season 8.

And I found out that the remaining seasons of another old show I loved (The Sentinel, from UPN in the mid-90s) will finally be released on DVD later this year. :dance: Season 1 was released a while back, but apparently didn't sell well enough for the rest of the series to be released, and I was about ready to consider the possibility of getting copies from other fans.

I've been marathonning Masters of Sex and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a sucker for period dramas.

I guess it's my being an ESOL speaker, but period dramas did have a whole different connotation when I first read it. LOL

I guess it's my being an ESOL speaker, but period dramas did have a whole different connotation when I first read it. LOL

I have the same thought every time I use that phrase, lol. And I use it a lot, since it's one of my favorite genres! :lol:

Stargate SG-1, for the Tor.com re-watch. Up to season 7 of SG-1 right now, remembering how much I loved this show. It's a chronological re-watch, so SG: Atlantis and SG: Universe will be mixed in after season 8.

And I found out that the remaining seasons of another old show I loved (The Sentinel, from UPN in the mid-90s) will finally be released on DVD later this year. :dance: Season 1 was released a while back, but apparently didn't sell well enough for the rest of the series to be released, and I was about ready to consider the possibility of getting copies from other fans.

My first fandom :lol: I recently did my trillionth rewatch. I was never as into Atlantis but this time around I preferred it. Universe though......never got it. I was just gutted SG1 was ended.

We just got Empire in the UK. First episode looks promising.

My first fandom :lol: I recently did my trillionth rewatch. I was never as into Atlantis but this time around I preferred it. Universe though......never got it. I was just gutted SG1 was ended.

We just got Empire in the UK. First episode looks promising.

Honestly, my biggest problem with Universe was that it was so dark, and I mean that literally. It was like the whole thing was filmed sometimes with only a 60-watt light bulb, shadows everywhere and couldn't see anything well enough sometimes to tell what was going on. I had the same problem with the X-Files, way back when, but after I tweaked the brightness on the TV screen, it was better. That trick didn't work on Universe for some reason. It's my least favorite of the 3.

Stargate is and was an anchor fandom, sort of comfort-food TV. Although, after Richard Dean Anderson scaled back and then left, it just wasn't quite the same. But the early seasons are freaking awesome. I'm halfway through Season 7 right now, with the Kull warriors and Sam's newest boyfriend, Pete the Cop. The Tor.com re-watch is a season a week, so not really in-depth, but still fun.

I love the Stargates, pretty much all of them, but yes, Universe was always so dimly lit. On the bright side (see what I did there?) though, it had Robert Carlyle who I love, love, love!

I just finished Season 3 of Mr Selfridge (Season 4 has just started filming), and there's a new series starting here called Wayward Pines. It has Matt Dillon, Juliette Lewis, Terrence Howard among others. The director for some of it (not sure about all of it) is M. Night Shyamalan of Sixth Sense fame.

As well as that, I want to start watching Poldark (UK Series) and American Horror Story :D as Game of Thrones is only once a week (just received the books for Mother's Day - yay!), and I am saving up Orphan Black S3 until it's finished so I can binge watch. These ought to keep me occupied for a while....

ETA: Oh, and I have the end of Mad Men to catch up on...although the gap in the middle of Season 7 is a shame I think. The same thing is happening now to the final season of Hell on Wheels, which I love. It's last Season is filming now, but they are going to air half of it later this year, then the other half the following year, damn them.

• 1 month later...

I love Hell on Wheels! I'm irritated they're splitting the last season too.

Now that GoT is done I'm watching Orange is the New Black.

Currently into Masterchef. Just finished last season of Hell's Kitchen.

I watch next to no television but every once in a while I feel like I should catch up on something that the rest of the world liked. So far I watched the first episode of Mad Men on Netflix but I feel less than compelled to continue even though I know I shouldn't judge by a single ep. There's nothing else that draws me in, especially given that I hate "reality," gore, violence, humiliation comedy, gratuitous sex and excessive bad language (I curse like nobody's business and I swear I'm not a prude…or a fundie). I actually think I've only watched one episodic show from beginning to end and that was St. Elsewhere back in the 80s.

But… I'm totally LOVING The Great British Bake-Off, which my daughter got me into. It's just…lovely. I like the Mel and Sue and the contestants, Mary Berry is a doll, Paul (Can't Keep it in his Pants) Hollywood is okay (I have a few of his books) and of course, the squirrel. Junior Sparkles also got me hooked on Pointless so every time she comes over for a weekend visit, we have a marathon catch-up. (It's comforting to know that Americans aren't the only ones who are totally clueless about their country's state of affairs. I'd love to meet the 40+ people who didn't know who their prime minister is.) Bless the interwebz and region blockers! And if any of UK FJers can ever got your hands on a coveted Pointless trophy, I'll be happy to take it off your hands.

I'm watching the trashy, empty calorie UnReal Lifetime series about the dark world of reality tv. I've recently finished the Starcrossed series which is a high school alien-human Romeo & Juliette knockoff. I'm all about escapist fluff this week.

the documentary of mystery girl unravelled done by the sons of roy orbison.

his oldest, who grew up some part of his childhood with his grandparents really has a southern drawl. also he looks most like his dad wheras the other two f his second marriage look more like mom and just have a very general american accent. (their mom being german too)(the last photos of wesleys older brothers(who died in a house fire) also show a strong resemblance with their dad)

492519849-reel-to-reel-mystery-girl-unraveled-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXsFkYpOyx0QhjLBJKfC%2b0kcSb5MA5885DWkMxg9Ik4ENPjp6DU%2frSOopRg1tgjTFJA%3d%3d

just like his dad he doesnt open his mouth a lot xD

he did an album too btw (which i like)

http://wesleyorbison.net/

heres the rest of the lot

492519873-reel-to-reel-mystery-girl-unraveled-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXsyqoGdA38Z0ibblj9ocX7fcUbojuMXPJeWnDfdB1ZlZXmAQu8ozDfx1qBdmhIf0EA%3d%3d

• 4 weeks later...

I'm watching The United States of Tara again, because Toni Colette is one of my favorite underrated actors. I liked the show's approach of the effects of Dissociative Identity Disorder on the whole family.

The roommate and I have begun Continuum after finishing up Ascension. I have one more episode of UnReal and Wayward Pines to complete.

Any recommendations for some intelligent sci-fi series?

I started watching Storage Wars Texas the other day just to have some background noise while I was cleaning, and ended up watching instead of cleaning. Surprised that I liked it more then the original Storage Wars.

Trying to get finished with Coven, need to get caught up on a thousand shows. Would rather watch Smoke Signals for the 63rd time.

I'm watching The United States of Tara again, because Toni Colette is one of my favorite underrated actors. I liked the show's approach of the effects of Dissociative Identity Disorder on the whole family.

The roommate and I have begun Continuum after finishing up Ascension. I have one more episode of UnReal and Wayward Pines to complete.

Any recommendations for some intelligent sci-fi series?

I've been thinking about this ever since you posted it. It's not quite sci-fi, but Fortitude came to mind. My roommate and I have been watching Helix and The 100, but I wouldn't necessarily call them intelligent. I'm always looking for quality shows in any genre, but I'm not a good judge of quality and I always end up complaining about or pointing and laughing at every show I see, even my "favorites." I am Comic Book Guy personified. :snooty:

Thanks for the recs, halcionne. I'll give The 100 another shot along with Revolution, Jericho, and Under the Dome. I hate watched the final 4 episodes of Between. I just surrendered to the comedy of its idiocy. Now I'm going back to older shows I missed during their original run, such as Haven and Futurama.

I finally got my girlfriend to watch The West Wing and now she's hooked. This means I get to rematch my favorite show and see her reactions to all of my favorite episodes. She also gets more of my jokes, now.

Waiting (impatiently) for Call the Midwife Season 4 to show up on netflix so I can cry.

Thanks for the recs, halcionne. I'll give The 100 another shot along with Revolution, Jericho, and Under the Dome. I hate watched the final 4 episodes of Between. I just surrendered to the comedy of its idiocy. Now I'm going back to older shows I missed during their original run, such as Haven and Futurama.

Oh god, Under the Dome. I had to quit that one and delete it from my memory. Between is another one I watch occasionally and then wonder why.

I'm marathonning Big Love and it's so over the top! I wonder if it came across that way when watched one episode at a time.

My favorite shows right now are Ray Donovan and The Knick (I think I read that Cinemax is re-airing season one now? I don't have cable so idk). And always Survivor and Big Brother.

Looking forward to the return of Peaky Blinders and Better Call Saul.

I reckon Under the Dome will be on my hate watch list. I completely forgot about Peaky Blinders. I gave up Big Love when they were trying to add that new wife with an accent. I think that was sometime in season 5, but it's worth giving another go. My roommate may start binge watching The Walking Dead and Alias.

I really like I am Jazz and Escaping Polygamy ( scary how much that faith actually shares with the Duggars)

Oh god, Under the Dome. I had to quit that one and delete it from my memory. Between is another one I watch occasionally and then wonder why.

I'm marathonning Big Love and it's so over the top! I wonder if it came across that way when watched one episode at a time.

My favorite shows right now are Ray Donovan and The Knick (I think I read that Cinemax is re-airing season one now? I don't have cable so idk). And always Survivor and Big Brother.

Looking forward to the return of Peaky Blinders and Better Call Saul.

I had to stop watching Under the Dome near the end of the first season; it just got so ridiculous I couldn't even hate watch it. Plus, most everyone I thought was slightly interesting got killed off. :roll:

The Americans and Hannibal are the best shows on TV right now, imo. Both are brilliantly written, acted, and directed. And Hannibal looks and sounds like nothing else on television.

The spouse and I have a nightly ritual of watching House Hunters International then turning over to watch the first few minutes of Conan before hitting the hay.

3rd Rock from the Sun - On netflix. The writing on this show was just so good, and it really holds up well.

If you can find episodes, The Great British Bake Off is a wonderful show. Generally PBS in the US will show it about 6 months after the BBC airing.

Archived