IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! Part 2~ The First Trimester Edition

keen23

I would rather the mom either keep my giftfor a future child or donate it to a charity. There is also the option of gift receipts so the item can be returned or exchanged. Either way, it wouldn't bother me. Plus, it's insensitive to think about what's going to happen to my gift when the mom is grieving.

I read the first sentence you wrote as "grift" rather than "gift".

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She looks to me like she's arching her back, but I think she's probably just excited and not doing it consciously. Plus when you're thin you can see changes in your stomach area pretty quickly. I could probably take the same picture by arching my back after a big meal.

Her defense about leaving her young children in the nursery was that church was her only "me time" and she wanted to worship God without interruption. Can't imagine God thinking her worship was all that sweet when her baby was distressed in the nursery.

I had someone tell me just this past Sunday that I should put my daughter in the nursery during worship service so that I would be free to worship. I planned on taking her in the nursery during the actual service, but I wanted her to be part of the worship service because she LOVES music and dancing and I thought it would be nice to let her stick around for that.

In defense of the toilet birth(which I haven't seen. I just saw the pics on wtffundiefamiles), it's not totally uncommon. The body tends to associate the toilet with 'relaxing' and pushing, and it opens the area up better. So, it was actually a good place to give birth. I just hope it was clean first.

Yeah, I'm a birthy person. I love watching births and see nothing wrong with homebirths.

Sorry to have offended you. In all my personal experience and in everything I have read, I have never heard of anyone showing before about four months with a first baby. You learn something new every day on Freejinger.

I do still think Jill is arching her back. I think she is so excited to be pregnant that she wants that belly to show. She may not even be aware she did it. She wouldn't be first mother to be like this and she certainly won't be the last.

You didn't offend me, I just think people are being unnecessarily vehement and judgy about Jill's 'bump', when really it's nothing out of the ordinary. Google images turns up such a variety of bellies when you search for '13 weeks bump', IMO there are much better things to snark on about Jill's pregnancy (frequency of pics being one of them), but snarking on her body, and thus by proxy on many women's bodies, is a little uncalled for IMO.

I'm not surprised at all about Jill's comments on sleep training, that she's even thinking of it.

This is the precursor to first time, cheerful obedience. The baby is expected to be taught to sleep through the night ASAP. It's all about teaching children to stuff down their own wants.

I nursed with a fundie mom who was a Pearl follower and who tried to institute teachings at our church along the lines of a woman's complete obedience to her husband. She was big on the blanket training.

We would nurse in the church nursery, and her child was permitted to nurse for an allotted amount of time on each side. Then she'd plop him down in a swing or something and leave him for the nursery workers. He'd cry...he vomited on himself once. I went to get her, she would not come back. The baby had to learn.

Her defense about leaving her young children in the nursery was that church was her only "me time" and she wanted to worship God without interruption. Can't imagine God thinking her worship was all that sweet when her baby was distressed in the nursery.

How is a newborn suppose to know what time it is or right from wrong? Babies cry for a reason.

My god, I'm so glad that I never posted my early pregnancy pics online to have a bunch of people saying I must be pushing my belly out/trying to look pregnant :? I showed as much as Jill at the same point; I am not having twins, I was not arching my back for the sake of it... I needed maternity jeans at 10 weeks! Much of the time it is (pregnancy/hormone related) bloating rather than actual baby at this stage, but it's still 'showing'. No two pregnancies are the same...

What bothers me including friends and family is updating this status or texting or emailing people about their pregnancy or children every 5 seconds

Honestly, she's no more obnoxious about her bump pictures than some of my friends are. But once a month is slightly less annoying than weekly.

Someone in the comments cracked a joke about a Duggar-Kardashian wedding and now that's all I can think about...

I didn't see anything particularly snark worthy in the People article. They joke around about soft drinks. They get some car seats. They think they'll have the baby in their room at first, and haven't yet decided when baby will move to its own room. Sounds pretty normal to me.

The article didn't say that she's going to sleep train from Day One. It says that they haven't decided if they'll do it - and hopefully, if they did, they would actually do a bit of reading up to know that it's not recommended prior to 6 months.

Now that all my kids are at the stage where they love to sleep (preteens and teens), I realize that the difference between different "camps" in the sleep debate was played up for the media and mommy wars. Much of the basic advice from medical sources was pretty similar: make sure baby is fed and dry before going down for a long sleep, be aware of baby's sleep/wake patterns, don't let baby get overtired and watch for cues that baby is getting tired, try to get into a routine, expect baby to wake to feed at night until they hit a certain weight, try to get baby to associate sleep with something other than you if you don't always want to be a human teddy bear, realize that some babies may fuss or cry for a few minutes when falling asleep and that it doesn't mean that they are in distress.

I didn't see anything particularly snark worthy in the People article. They joke around about soft drinks. They get some car seats. They think they'll have the baby in their room at first, and haven't yet decided when baby will move to its own room. Sounds pretty normal to me.

So you think it's normal to shill your registry (at OMG Wal Mart) to complete strangers in People Magazine ONE DAY after your first trimester??? You must have some really greedy friends.

Sorry to have offended you. In all my personal experience and in everything I have read, I have never heard of anyone showing before about four months with a first baby. You learn something new every day on Freejinger.

I do still think Jill is arching her back. I think she is so excited to be pregnant that she wants that belly to show. She may not even be aware she did it. She wouldn't be first mother to be like this and she certainly won't be the last.

I showed that early. I was trying on maternity clothes at a little less than 3 months, because I didn't fit in my old clothes, but was still trying to hide the pregnancy from relatives - very unsuccessfully - between the constant puking, huge boobs and tummy pooch.

My daughter was the same way.

I think if you're naturally thin it might be more noticeable earlier in a first pregnancy -- with later pregnancies I already had a permanent bit of a belly, so didn't " show" as noticeably until the second trimester.

So you think it's normal to shill your registry (at OMG Wal Mart) to complete strangers in People Magazine ONE DAY after your first trimester??? You must have some really greedy friends.

Imagine if Jill and her family didn't have a show. It would be buy used or get Derrick to buy things.

My opinion might be unpopular here, but I think Jill being a mother will be a disaster, despite both her and TLC's insistence that she and Derick are a cutesy-sweet pinterest/instagrammy couple with Godly servants' hearts, just like you and me.

It's clear that she needs all of the attention, all of the time. She is also the "teacher's pet" type that has to follow the rules all of the time, except when she absolutely has to have it her way (hypocrisy be damned), as evidenced when she frontal hugged Derick, and even chose him at all. She will employ all of the fundie child-rearing methods to a T, and possibly even more zealously. But how happy can her children be when they have an attention hog for a mother, and a father who has no balls and is clearly content to let his self-absorbed wife run the show? I also feel she will keep having kids for the attention that she so clearly loves and craves. I'm sorry, but this is all a little too familiar. I think Jill might just be her mother made over.

For FFS, most people won't be shilling their baby registry on People magazine because People magazine couldn't care less. They are putting their baby registry out because it's highly likely most of what they picked was a sponsored product and / or the registry itself is sponsoring them. How many times since she registered have specific brand names been mentioned just on this thread? How many times have just the minuscule number of people reading this thread clicked on The Walmart baby registry site, or the Amazon link? Probably you didn't decide to purchase something for Jill, but you may have decided you like that style of stroller for yourself or a family member -- or thought of Gatorade when you were thirsty at the store and picked some up, or even just noticed you still had items in your Amazon cart, or since you were on the Amazon site anyway, you should find something to read on your Kindle.

Now multiply that by all the people who read the People article, or follow her on Instagram or Twitter or Facebook or watch the show or read some other supposedly snarky article. Very, very few will buy Jill something off her list, but that is a whole lot of virtually free advertising for all those products. Hell they may have even been told to promote the registry early, simply because the sponsors knew it might be controversial and thus promote discussion. And discussion equals clicks and sales.

This is their business. They are doing their job of being reality star personalities. To them, deciding when to announce anything, or what to put on a registry is probably the equivilant of being told to write up a report for your boss.

Sorry if this has already been talked about-

Seems odd to me that many items are registered for only 1 of each. Even things like wipes, baby lotion etc. are we sure product companies aren't paying her to register for these things as advertisement? Why would you only want one box of wipes or bottles of baby shampo?

Sorry if this has already been talked about-

Seems odd to me that many items are registered for only 1 of each. Even things like wipes, baby lotion etc. are we sure product companies aren't paying her to register for these things as advertisement? Why would you only want one box of wipes or bottles of baby shampo?

Leaving space for god to do a loaves and fishes thing.. but with wipes and baby shampoo!

The article didn't say that she's going to sleep train from Day One. It says that they haven't decided if they'll do it - and hopefully, if they did, they would actually do a bit of reading up to know that it's not recommended prior to 6 months.

Now that all my kids are at the stage where they love to sleep (preteens and teens), I realize that the difference between different "camps" in the sleep debate was played up for the media and mommy wars. Much of the basic advice from medical sources was pretty similar: make sure baby is fed and dry before going down for a long sleep, be aware of baby's sleep/wake patterns, don't let baby get overtired and watch for cues that baby is getting tired, try to get into a routine, expect baby to wake to feed at night until they hit a certain weight, try to get baby to associate sleep with something other than you if you don't always want to be a human teddy bear, realize that some babies may fuss or cry for a few minutes when falling asleep and that it doesn't mean that they are in distress.

I agree. I was expecting much more controversial statements in the article, just based on the comments here.

I think most of the registry is pretty clearly marketing/ product placement - and if they can take advantage of that, and it's nothing they have strong objections to, why not? I'm sure they are bright enough to know that they have a limited time to rake in cash and freebies- so get while the getting is good :D

Most of the people I've known who have done some version of sleep training are moms who have to go back to full time work and are pretty desperate. I, personally, found co-sleeping easier for that. But if they don't start before it's developmentally appropriate, and just let them fuss for a few minutes it's probably not too awful. I do cringe when I hear about how long some of them let the baby cry , and have to struggle, hard, to not give too much unwanted grandma advice.

But most of parenting falls into the category of trying to do what's best for you, your kids, and the individual lifestyles and personalities involved. And if you are keeping them fed, loving them and not beating them --- you're probably doing it good enough, but there will always be people waiting to tell you how you're doing it wrong.

Ah, but you can pop the car seat into the stroller frame without waking the baby up. Sometimes you don't want to carry the baby for whatever reason. Also can bring the car seat into the house and the baby stays asleep, unlike picking them up and trying to put them down in a crib or wherever... (I had very light sleepers).

Ohhhh, the convenient gadgets you younguns have nowadays. I love the carseat-stroller combo my daughter used, but it wouldn't have been handy for me as a young mom, as we lived on the second floor when she was tiny. And it hadn't been invented yet.

I first went back to work (had just separated from her father) when she was about a year old. We'd leave the house at 6 AM in the pitch dark, I'd drop her off with my folks, and I'd head off to work. After work, I'd usually have dinner with my folks and visit a while, then the two of us would head home. She'd usually fall fast asleep in the car during the five-minute drive, and it would be close to bedtime for her, so I'd just carry her upstairs in the carseat and set it down gently. I was freaking exhausted in those days.

Someone made a fake registry with their name on it, put some interesting items on there.

Link please or just say what's one it now I'm really curious. :lol:

Archived