IGNORED

Lori and Storage Sociopath = A match made in heaven

If she wasn't attracted to him, why the hell did she marry him?

She's a trifling shrew who needs to shut up and quit giving advice to anyone. What a cold, loveless existence they both must live. I could not ever live that way...EVER!

Lori/Ken...I know you read here...let me tell you what love is. Love is crying out to God and propulsively vomiting when your husband is having a surgery that may or may not heal him, that has about a 20% shot of him leaving the OR in a body bag. Love is sitting by a hospital bed 24/7 for 2 weeks. Love is your husband calling you to go look at a car that he knows you want but don't need and ends up buying it for you. Love is getting up at 2am to take your beloved to the ER. Love is going out to work because he's too sick to work. Love is holding hands like teenagers even after 17 years. Love is him bringing me coffee in the morning. Love is telling me to go get the puppy I fell in love with at Petsmart even though we needed another dog like we needed a hole in the head. Love is telling me to go get our grandgirls when their parents couldn't take care of them. Love is following me across the country when I got a job 2500 miles from our hometown. Love is thinking I'm the hottest thing he's ever seen even though I'm not exactly "stacked and packed" anymore. Love is having the honor and privilege of baptizing my husband in front of 2000 people a week ago Sunday. Love is bringing him something that I know he wants or likes when I go shopping. Love is wanting to spend time with my best friend. Love is staying together through hard times and still finding joy and peace in each others' arms.

Lori & Ken...neither one of you have a fucking clue what love really is. Your brand of "love" is cold and self-serving. Try re-reading 1 Corinthians 13 and this time REALLY paying attention to what it says.

This is a really beautiful description of love, feministxtian.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at her Lori Alexander fb page, and noticed the following comment under a picture she posted of herself and Ken @ their son's wedding:

I barely made it there (name redacted) but the Lord answered many prayers and I was able to make it thankfully!

Does she do that at every wedding, graduation, and funeral? Christ, I can just see her family calmly waiting (phones in hand) for Lori's SOS call/text before every.single. major event. Personally, I think she just wants to keep the attention focused on her. She did this exact same thing during her daughter's shower and wedding. Didn't think she'd even be able to go, but she texted every.single.person. she knew, and they prayed her through :roll:

I was looking at her Lori Alexander fb page, and noticed the following comment under a picture she posted of herself and Ken @ their son's wedding:

Does she do that at every wedding, graduation, and funeral? Christ, I can just see her family calmly waiting (phones in hand) for Lori's SOS call/text before every.single. major event. Personally, I think she just wants to keep the attention focused on her. She did this exact same thing during her daughter's shower and wedding. Didn't think she'd even be able to go, but she texted every.single.person. she knew, and they prayed her through :roll:

Sounds like Lori, wants to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and the baby at every christening."

Sounds like Lori, wants to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and the baby at every christening."

So much drama. It's just like the fire...her family had to drop everything, because at 55 years old she can't figure out how to pick up their important documents, her purse, her keys, AND WALK OUT THE DOOR :angry-banghead: But thank God for men, because otherwise she'd have just fixed her make up and deleted a few comments on her blog :roll:

The reason CB and L&K have so many rules about how a marriage should work is because they are miserable and in loveless relationships.

While marriage is work, I think those of us in good relationships can agree that the when you're in love, the work is pretty easy. How hard is it to be considerate of the person you love? When you're both doing that for each other--you have mutual respect and consideration that results in a happy home.

Oh, we also needed another dog like we needed a hole in the head, by Mr. Sunny has always wanted a St. Bernard, and so when I came across one that needed adopting...he got her for his birthday. I really didn't want another dog, but he's beyond delighted with her. She's growing on me :-)

The scheduled sex is so creepy, it makes me a little nauseated to read that.

The reason CB and L&K have so many rules about how a marriage should work is because they are miserable and in loveless relationships.

While marriage is work, I think those of us in good relationships can agree that the when you're in love, the work is pretty easy. How hard is it to be considerate of the person you love? When you're both doing that for each other--you have mutual respect and consideration that results in a happy home.

Oh, we also needed another dog like we needed a hole in the head, by Mr. Sunny has always wanted a St. Bernard, and so when I came across one that needed adopting...he got her for his birthday. I really didn't want another dog, but he's beyond delighted with her. She's growing on me :-)

There have been times when I've been thisclose to throwing in the towel...and rebuilding is still going on now...but...the reason I couldn't go through with the plan to split is because I DO love this man. Any rational woman would have split a long time ago...but I did say "for better or for worse". We've see the worst and then some but...there's that whole "until death do us part" thing too...

This is NOT to say that my husband has been abusive, however, there have been issues (addiction/mental illness)...if he had laid hands on me I'd have been long gone right after I drop kicked his ass into next month.

Aww! A St. Bernard! I love them :D

What troubles me is how embarrassing this must be for her kids.

Imagine being a normal, Christian 26 year old, mostly separated from your parents but still half-believing what they say while trying to figure out your own beliefs. Everyone in your circle of family and friends knows about your mother's blog (because she tells them).

You open her blog today and see her posting about mandated sex 3 or 4 times weekly.You're married and have learned about the private, wonderful thing sex is. It is precious and beautiful to you.

And here's your mother and father, every frigging week, writing about sex in such ugly terms. Even worse, writing about their own sex lives, and how coconut oil is a great lube, and how disciplining your wife is OK, and how sex is a duty like washing dishes,and how in addition to getting everything he wants a man can order his wife to put out whenever--and this is marriage. And all your cousins and aunts and perhaps family friends are reading this stuff, and you are going to see them all today at Mom's Birthday/Labor Day BBQ. And, thanks to the blog, in your mind is the image of --perhaps last night -- mom "giving" sex to dad though it's clear she doesn't really want to.

I wonder what that's like.

It's nice that you're wondering about how it affects the kids, and eventually the grandkids....because Lori and Ken don't care. I imagine that thinking about their kids' feelings has never been high on their list of priorities.

I'm having trouble forming a coherent response to today's post.

Summary: It's super holy to be broke.

And even holier to be young and healthy but to be so exhausted (do we have a fainting smiley here?) by your full time job that you can't take care of your husband and tiny college campus apartment: "Cassi worked full-time for awhile so she got a good job. It exhausted her. She came home every night and didn't have the energy to fix meals for her new husband or the strength to do much more than come home and rest. They decide together that she must work only part-time since full-time is too much on her. "

My eyeballs are aching from so much :roll:

I'm having trouble forming a coherent response to today's post.

Summary: It's super holy to be broke.

So Lorken are heathens?

*snickers*

And even holier to be young and healthy but to be so exhausted (do we have a fainting smiley here?) by your full time job that you can't take care of your husband and tiny college campus apartment: "Cassi worked full-time for awhile so she got a good job. It exhausted her. She came home every night and didn't have the energy to fix meals for her new husband or the strength to do much more than come home and rest. They decide together that she must work only part-time since full-time is too much on her. "

My eyeballs are aching from so much :roll:

She learned from Lori how to be super lazy.

So, Lori is discovering through Cassi that if you preach young marriage and you want a husband who will one day be able to support a (possibly big) family on his own, you end up with a husband earning no income while in school and a wife who needs to work to support them. Welcome to my life circa 1996.

Will she suddenly realize that maybe birth control is not so evil for Cassi? Otherwise, how does she think that they would support themselves if Cassi had a baby and wanted to stay home?

She learned from Lori how to be super lazy.

She's certainly learned from an expert. :dance:

So, Lori is discovering through Cassi that if you preach young marriage and you want a husband who will one day be able to support a (possibly big) family on his own, you end up with a husband earning no income while in school and a wife who needs to work to support them. Welcome to my life circa 1996.

Will she suddenly realize that maybe birth control is not so evil for Cassi? Otherwise, how does she think that they would support themselves if Cassi had a baby and wanted to stay home?

If Cassi thinks she's exhausted now, just wait til she's had a baby. Or two, or nine. :lol:

I wonder if Lori would financially support one of her children if they wanted to get married before they could reasonable support themselves. Of course that's a "maligning" question so it will never be answered.

Well she certainly had no problem letting her parents support her and Ken when they were first married.

If Cassi can't work full time and cook dinner, she should really get herself checked out. A healthy 20 something should have no problem with that.

If she wasn't attracted to him, why the hell did she marry him?

She's a trifling shrew who needs to shut up and quit giving advice to anyone. What a cold, loveless existence they both must live. I could not ever live that way...EVER!

Lori/Ken...I know you read here...let me tell you what love is. Love is crying out to God and propulsively vomiting when your husband is having a surgery that may or may not heal him, that has about a 20% shot of him leaving the OR in a body bag. Love is sitting by a hospital bed 24/7 for 2 weeks. Love is your husband calling you to go look at a car that he knows you want but don't need and ends up buying it for you. Love is getting up at 2am to take your beloved to the ER. Love is going out to work because he's too sick to work. Love is holding hands like teenagers even after 17 years. Love is him bringing me coffee in the morning. Love is telling me to go get the puppy I fell in love with at Petsmart even though we needed another dog like we needed a hole in the head. Love is telling me to go get our grandgirls when their parents couldn't take care of them. Love is following me across the country when I got a job 2500 miles from our hometown. Love is thinking I'm the hottest thing he's ever seen even though I'm not exactly "stacked and packed" anymore. Love is having the honor and privilege of baptizing my husband in front of 2000 people a week ago Sunday. Love is bringing him something that I know he wants or likes when I go shopping. Love is wanting to spend time with my best friend. Love is staying together through hard times and still finding joy and peace in each others' arms.

Lori & Ken...neither one of you have a fucking clue what love really is. Your brand of "love" is cold and self-serving. Try re-reading 1 Corinthians 13 and this time REALLY paying attention to what it says.

That's beautiful.

Apparently, you love your husband no matter what, and don't just think that it's all about "brute strength" and nothing else.

I wonder if Lori would financially support one of her children if they wanted to get married before they could reasonable support themselves. Of course that's a "maligning" question so it will never be answered.

She has posted before that she believes young couples should get married to avoid premarital sex, even if it means their parents have to support them for the first several years.

viewtopic.php?f=143&t=19466&p=629663&hilit=lori+financially+support+young+married#p629663

She has posted before that she believes young couples should get married to avoid premarital sex, even if it means their parents have to support them for the first several years.

viewtopic.php?f=143&t=19466&p=629663&hilit=lori+financially+support+young+married#p629663

So let me get this straight. She believes couples should get married so they can screw, be supported by their parents, not use birth control, and have their parents pay for the kids?

Lori.

Are you kidding me?

I had a long response to the pathetic story of the daughter and her apparently quadraplegic husband who lived in a land without crockpots-- but I decided it was redundant to my feelings about Lori's post(s).

"Lori is an idiot." Pretty much sums up my feelings when I read reports on what she has written.

Sure, she's a monster. But basically, she's an idiot who says the same thing a million times in slightly different ways and can't justify it other than "the bible says so" and "you are too smart for me to answer your question, so you are mean and evl."

I truly suspect most of her long term readers are from FreeJinger.

Keeping your kids financially attached keeps them under your thumb longer.

Ken, is Millenium Management Services making enough for you to still be retirement ready and support your married son and married daughter? That is great if it is. Will they get raises with each kid, or is it somehow based on how many kids they have? Or are they on commission. Gotta be careful, if you pay too little they will leave, if you pay too much or not equally, well, I"m sure you know the drill.

26 years old and too exhausted to work full time, be a wife and care for an apartment? There. Are. No. Words.

Except these: Lori, if Cassi was my daughter, I'd be worried there was something physically or mentally wrong with her instead of celebrating her complete inability to cope with the simplest of life's challenges.

Break out the carbs, stat! Apparently healthy salads alone aren't enough to get one through the day.

26 years old and too exhausted to work full time, be a wife and care for an apartment? There. Are. No. Words.

Except these: Lori, if Cassi was my daughter, I'd be worried there was something physically or mentally wrong with her instead of celebrating her complete inability to cope with the simplest of life's challenges.

Break out the carbs, stat! Apparently healthy salads alone aren't enough to get one through the day.

I am 26.

I go to work, I train for weightlifting competitions, I cook, I go to bed. It's called life. Sometimes I'm a little tired, particularly if my husband is working more and can't help me out. But you know what? I manage just fine.

If she can't work and cook one meal a day, there definitely has to be something wrong with her :(

Archived