IGNORED

Lori and Storage Sociopath = A match made in heaven

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Ephesians 5:25. KJV Christ sacrificed Himself for the church. To me that means that Ken/Cabinetman, as the husbands, should be doing the same. Demanding sex X times a week, no matter what, is not sacrificial love. Love is caring about the other person's wants, needs, feelings, health, mood, desires, energy level, etc. Not making demands because one person is a male.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lori is claiming that Laura tried to "malign" her with the question "do you love ken?"

Lori, answer the question. Do you love your husband? If you do, this is the easiest question in the world.

false accusations = insinuating that Lori has ever loved anyone other than herself

false accusations = insinuating that Lori has ever loved anyone other than herself

I cannot fathom any other response to the question "do you love your husband?" Than "of course!"

Lori is claiming that Laura tried to "malign" her with the question "do you love ken?"

Lori, answer the question. Do you love your husband? If you do, this is the easiest question in the world.

You bet your sweet ass I do...even when I want to choke him!!! On 9/17 we will celebrate 17 years together. On 10/30 we will celebrate 16 years of marriage. It's not been easy, it's not been fun at times. BUT...I wouldn't trade my husband for Brad Pitt, Peyton Manning and Bruce Willis together!

If you love your spouse, saying it in public shouldn't be a big deal. Let's make this easy...YES, I LOVE MY HUSBAND WITH ALL I HAVE. YES, HE LOVES ME JUST AS MUCH IF NOT MORE.

Now, that wasn't difficult, was it?

Is this Lori trying to explain her seemingly incoherent deletion policy?

:lol: :laughing-lettersrofl::laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingred::laughing-rollingyellow::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingred::laughing-rollingyellow::laughing-lettersrofl:

Lori...love is so much more than what you define it as

Has Lori ever given her definition of what love is? I know it's hard to actually define love, but I'd be interested in her definition. Wasn't her definition of desire control?

Come to think of it, I am kind of interested in Lori's dictionary in general. That could be a new project for her. She can helpfully give us her definitions of the words she uses. Maybe some of her posts will make sense then.

Things that are red flags in a marriage:

1. When someone asks your spouse if they love you or are just there out of obligation and instead of answer they come up with excuses as to why they don't have to answer.

Ken, if Lori loves you why would she not say that? Even if it was a troll who asked that why would Lori not take the time to tell the world that she loves you and isn't just staying out of obligation?

I don't think she's staying out of obligation. She staying out of her desire to be taken care of at a certain standard to which she is accustomed and at which she believes she deserves.

I'm sure Koala can help us out, but unless I'm mistaken, she has flat out said she was not really attracted to Ken and there has never been that "spark" between them.

She saw him as a meal ticket from the beginning, IMO.

Uh except Lori didn't do things like feed the baby in the middle of the night. She let the baby CIO from 3 weeks was it because she needed HER sleep. During the day she had a nanny. Who knows if the nanny was also doing housework (it wouldn't surprise me since the kids had those 2 hour sequestrations).

She is the last person that should be talking about doing things they don't really want to do (only out of duty) because she seems to manage to somehow get out of many of those things. I will give her the benefit of the doubt on issues of hygiene ;)

Didn't we all know Ken would chime in eventually?

Why can't he and Lori realize that these readers are sharing their experiences? These are not "exceptions;" they are individual stories. If they truly were interested in the couples they "help," they'd realize that every story is unique. I wonder if they've ever stopped to recognize the small details of each couple that make them special.

I'm sure their readers are getting tired of Lori and Ken's heavy sighs and moaning about "exceptions." They are absolutely clueless and if they've helped more than two couples, I'll eat my hat.

Actually, they are dealing with the rules ;) They are the exception.

Edit to add: I suspect they have helped couples. Just not in the way they think :wink-kitty:

Wasn't her definition of desire control?

Ok...maybe I'm Queen of the Stupid but how the hell can you get from desire to control? I definitely desire my husband...but control him? Ummm...no...I have enough trouble trying to control me!

I thought desire was the state of wanting someone or something....nothing about control in that.

Lori, Lori, Lori...when will you learn:

Just keeping up with the ever changing story of Ken and Lori:

Lori Alexander:

Source: lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/04/emotional-attraction-vs-physical.html

Lori Alexander:

Source: lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/09/were-you-madly-in-love.html#idc-cover

Lori Alexander:

Source: Comments from this post: lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-marriage-of-blood-sweat-and-tears.html#idc-container

When you say stuff like this, coupled with the other stuff, it's going to generate questions like the one Laura asked.

Ok...maybe I'm Queen of the Stupid but how the hell can you get from desire to control? I definitely desire my husband...but control him? Ummm...no...I have enough trouble trying to control me!

I thought desire was the state of wanting someone or something....nothing about control in that.

Well it's Lori so your guess is as good as mine. I found the thread just to make sure I wasn't remembering things wrong, but I wasn't. Here is the thread: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=22636

Here is a quote from it:

Lori is over making up definitions again. I have no idea if her church teaches this nonsense, or if she makes it up, but her headship, who apparently went to seminary when they were first married, should know better.

Lori says :

I've been thinking about asking my husband and my pastor about that verse. Does someone have the reference handy? I'll be happy to ask and post both replies. Both of them are very knowledgeable about theology and good at interpretation as well.

I've been thinking about asking my husband and my pastor about that verse. Does someone have the reference handy? I'll be happy to ask and post both replies. Both of them are very knowledgeable about theology and good at interpretation as well.

Gen. 3:16 In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."

How this can be interpreted the way Lori does is beyond me.

If she wasn't attracted to him, why the hell did she marry him?

She's a trifling shrew who needs to shut up and quit giving advice to anyone. What a cold, loveless existence they both must live. I could not ever live that way...EVER!

Lori/Ken...I know you read here...let me tell you what love is. Love is crying out to God and propulsively vomiting when your husband is having a surgery that may or may not heal him, that has about a 20% shot of him leaving the OR in a body bag. Love is sitting by a hospital bed 24/7 for 2 weeks. Love is your husband calling you to go look at a car that he knows you want but don't need and ends up buying it for you. Love is getting up at 2am to take your beloved to the ER. Love is going out to work because he's too sick to work. Love is holding hands like teenagers even after 17 years. Love is him bringing me coffee in the morning. Love is telling me to go get the puppy I fell in love with at Petsmart even though we needed another dog like we needed a hole in the head. Love is telling me to go get our grandgirls when their parents couldn't take care of them. Love is following me across the country when I got a job 2500 miles from our hometown. Love is thinking I'm the hottest thing he's ever seen even though I'm not exactly "stacked and packed" anymore. Love is having the honor and privilege of baptizing my husband in front of 2000 people a week ago Sunday. Love is bringing him something that I know he wants or likes when I go shopping. Love is wanting to spend time with my best friend. Love is staying together through hard times and still finding joy and peace in each others' arms.

Lori & Ken...neither one of you have a fucking clue what love really is. Your brand of "love" is cold and self-serving. Try re-reading 1 Corinthians 13 and this time REALLY paying attention to what it says.

See in my eyes I see that as childbirth is going to hurt like Hell but you're going to want to have sex with your husband anyway.

That is pretty much how everyone else in the world interprets it. I really can't see how one can read it the way Lori does but God forbid someone ask her about it. :roll: I doubt she is capable of explaining how she came to that conclusion.

Ken Alexander:

I should add, that of all the many couples Lori and I know, we know no husband who command their wife to have sex, but some would love to command it.

Holy fucking shit, did Ken even read Lori's post???

Cabinetman:

That you will have sex three times a week

Hell, he even gave a list of consequences (in the event that she refused sex) on his now defunct blog.

:pull-hair: These people are too stupid to come in out of the rain

Forgot that my husband hasn't gotten Gothard completely out of his system. He gave me the Lori/ATI version. Then I found this article on my own.

theologyforwomen.org/2012/04/somewhat-scholarly-analysis-of-genesis.html?m=1

Interesting that the word for desire in Genesis is the same one used I'm song of Solomon when he was listing after his wife.

Even if you believe the nonsense about a man being the head of the household, how is telling your wife who she can and cannot be friends with fall under leading the family? That's just being a asshole control freak. A spouse's friends have nothing to do with the family or any decisions being made for the family. It has to do with an individual and their freedom to make personal decisions.

Also, setting out a number of required sexual encounters per week like how many times the toilet should be cleaned each week is disrespectful to both yourself and your spouse and indicative of what a terrible marriage you must be in.

Archived