IGNORED

Lori and Storage Sociopath = A match made in heaven

I have to take it all with a grain of salt. I have learned that sometimes what a therapist tells someone, and what they actually hear sometimes get completely scrambled.

The comments made me sad. I gave up all my dreams becuase God has a plan for me!= I don't want to take any responsibility for my life and happiness.

So true. That reminded me of this quote:

In other words, Quiverfull teachers are masters at SPIN. They have the ability to convince a woman that she WANTS nothing more than to stay home, have lots of babies and serve her husband. In today’s world of seemingly unlimited choices for women, making the best choice can be an overwhelming responsibility and it’s extremely tempting for a woman to choose to have no choice.

source (from an interview in 2011 with Vyckie Garrison): ontd-political.livejournal.com/8343995.html?thread=513759163

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I forgot to copy it, but it was along the lines of "if you ask my 2 wonderful, amazing boys which they prefer, a clean house or mom to play with them and spend quality time with them, they will pick mom every single time. A house is just a house. Investing in the lives of our children is much more important. Get your priorities in your order."

Yeah, I didn't think she would like that much. And yes, I have asked my children. They pick mom every time. Funny, I bet my kids will want to be with me when I'm old too. And my house is clean(ish), and they know how to clean too.

Right! What child is going to remember if the house was or wasn't a little dusty? :roll: Clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy.

i remember playing with my parents but not details of mundane things in daily life, it didn't register. Time together and emotional connection go a long way in helping a child choose to follow in their parents' footsteps. Fundies obsess over unimportant things, which is so ironic considering they live for eternity and live to influence their kids' lifestyles.

This should be interesting! The other day, I posted on Lori's blog as "Maria," a wife who was obviously in a troubled marriage. (BTW, I didn't say anything here at first because I didn't want Ken to read it and intercept Lori at work.) ;) Anyway, I tried not to make Maria too OTT facetious and snarky yet I clearly indicated that she would accept whatever her husband did to her. I thought Lori might question that, but nope, she loved it. Last night, I posted again and called her out on it. I put Maria in quotes and she deleted that comment yet kept the first. I thought she wanted the credit for turning Maria's marriage around. Surely, she could tell that Maria and "Maria" were one and the same and that I was banned, right? I guess not.

Today, I posted as Maria again and was more pathetic than ever. Let's see how this turns out:

Maria · 7 minutes ago

My husband and I never use conflict resolution. He doesn't like to communicate much and when he does (usually after he has been drinking), he likes to be right. I am learning patience, however (and to avoid him after he has been drinking).

This should be interesting! The other day, I posted on Lori's blog as "Maria," a wife who was obviously in a troubled marriage. (BTW, I didn't say anything here at first because I didn't want Ken to read it and intercept Lori at work.) ;) Anyway, I tried not to make Maria too OTT facetious and snarky yet I clearly indicated that she would accept whatever her husband did to her. I thought Lori might question that, but nope, she loved it. Last night, I posted again and called her out on it. I put Maria in quotes and she deleted that comment yet kept the first. I thought she wanted the credit for turning Maria's marriage around. Surely, she could tell that Maria and "Maria" were one and the same and that I was banned, right? I guess not.

Today, I posted as Maria again and was more pathetic than ever. Let's see how this turns out:

I love you. :romance-grouphug:

Welp, that didn't take long! Guess Lori finally figured out that she was played the other day. Wonder if she'll still keep the original post up praising her blog. BTW, she's discussing conflict resolution today, a topic first discussed on Sheila's blog. In true fashion, Lori doesn't have a single original thought of her own.

Welp, that didn't take long! Guess Lori finally figured out that she was played the other day. Wonder if she'll still keep the original post up praising her blog. BTW, she's discussing conflict resolution today, a topic first discussed on Sheila's blog. In true fashion, Lori doesn't have a single original thought of her own.

Copy/paste the other Maria comments? Pretty please? :)

I'm sobbing as I type this. This post is so beautiful. In fact, I intend to tell my husband tonight that I've forgiven him completely for all his many sins against me. Now I know that God MEANT for us to be together no matter what my husband does. Thank you so much! You may have saved my marriage.

The Joyfilled Wife is filled with God's grace. How we need that when we walk in His ways. Our earthly nature is me first - Christ filled is Christ first. That makes all the difference. Our dignity is in Christ - we cannot manufacture it. We are enabled through Him.

Are these them? These are great, by the way. "Sobbing as I type this." :lol:

Copy/paste the other Maria comments? Pretty please? :)

First comments:

Maria · 2 days ago

I'm sobbing as I type this. This post is so beautiful. In fact, I intend to tell my husband tonight that I've forgiven him completely for all his many sins against me. Now I know that God MEANT for us to be together no matter what my husband does. Thank you so much! You may have saved my marriage.

2 replies · active 13 hours ago

Lori Alexander · 2 days ago

She will be so blessed to hear this, Maria. Christ has forgiven us of our sins. We must forgive others also.

thejoyfilledwife · 2 days ago

Glory to God, dear sister! There is no marriage He is incapable of healing. Always remember that God intends to turn around every bad situation and use it for good. The storms of life are important because they reveal our weaknesses and the areas our faith needs strengthening. Hold tightly to the Word of God, Maria, and never let go. It will guide you in all truth as you move forward in forgiveness and humility.

I stupidly didn't copy the second comment and when I went back to copy it, it was gone, fast. I told Lori that she was only too willing to praise a wife who would stay with a man who would do anything to her and I also told any readers in a similar situation that I would not stay in a marriage with infidelity or abuse. The thing with Lori is that not only do I heartily dislike her, I feel she's dangerous and I worry for the woman who may fall under her thrall. It happens. Look at how many women revere Debi Pearl! I find that unfathomable yet it happens.

Guess I'm banned for good now. I just tried to post this:

My vote is for fleshly! A good Christian wife should learn her place and that any attempt to have a real rapport with the hubs is of the devil. Make him a big salad instead.

Dang! I would have loved for Lori to read the part about the salad! :lol:

Also, Lori still kept the first comment up that supported her twisted ideology. Hmmm, I'm thinking of commenting using another IP. Ken, if you're reading this, you'll never know when or from where I'm coming, bwahaha!

Okay, back to work!

I've often wondered how far Lori would go if a person contacted her with an abused wife situation. She claims these are the exceptions she does not hear, but I bet she does and she never tells them to leave or stand up to their husband.

Maybe I should post some stories from my abusive marriage and see what she says. But then, my blood pressure is probably high enough and I shouldn't make it worse.

I've often wondered how far Lori would go if a person contacted her with an abused wife situation. She claims these are the exceptions she does not hear, but I bet she does and she never tells them to leave or stand up to their husband.

Lori would probably accuse the wife of making it up or either tell her she's not being submissive enough. One of the books Lori has quoted from was written by Elizabeth Rice Handford who actually stated that a husband won't sin against his wife if she is truly submissive. IOW, his sin is always HER fault. :cray-cray:

After getting banned, I was thinking about my persona, Maria. What if she was truly asking for help? There are many Marias out there. Lori just chooses not to see them.

The potential CM sock has commented on the Debi Pearl post to say that he doesn't allow women author's in his home

I am so happy to hear that Lori. I have never read Debi's book, but based on what I have read about the book online, she may be the ONLY female author that I have ever considered allowing into my house for my wife to read because she appears to be as close to the Gospel as can be. Women are permitted to teach -- only to a narrow audience and only certain things and only under her Husband's direction, per Scripture. Debi appears to be doing these things and she makes no apologies for it. No one is perfect and I do not expect Debi to be perfect, but she is doing it God's way -- based on what I have read online. I am preparing to order her book and may give it to my wife. I'm glad to hear you loved her message.

The potential CM sock has commented on the Debi Pearl post to say that he doesn't allow women author's in his home

This guy has got to be either a CM sock or someone pretending to be a CM sock. Poe's Law and all that.

His move towards capitalizing words might be an attempt to disguise his writing. Maybe he learned a thing or two from LuckyWife...

This guy has got to be either a CM sock or someone pretending to be a CM sock. Poe's Law and all that.

His move towards capitalizing words might be an attempt to disguise his writing. Maybe he learned a thing or two from LuckyWife...

Did CM ever talk about women authors?

And if YOU turn out to be HCTL, I'm going to laugh and laugh and then cry a little. :P

Did CM ever talk about women authors?

And if YOU turn out to be HCTL, I'm going to laugh and laugh and then cry a little. :P

I wish I were, just because that would mean that someone that awful didn't exist! Alas, I need to get a new IP address if I am ever going to comment on Lori's blog again.

I wish I were, just because that would mean that someone that awful didn't exist! Alas, I need to get a new IP address if I am ever going to comment on Lori's blog again.

If I do end up collected all the heinous Debi quotes, I think I'll have to borrow my husband's work computer.

• 1 month later...

This thread title is an endless source of amusement to me. i must be simple minded. Or have the mind of a jr. High boy.

Lori is a cougar, like Stiffler's mom.

Archived