IGNORED

Shades of Malibu Blue: Alyssa Bates & John Webster Wedding

freethemall

I don't know if it's an Arkansas thang or a South thing but my husband makes a mean Chicken Spaghetti. It has rotel and velveeta, a can of cream of something and chicken and noodles. It is a staple at church pot lucks. It kinda ticks me off that Anna acts as if she thought of that on her own. Of course Smuggerette probably invented it and we are all copying her. :angry-banghead:

Your headship cooks? Get back into the prayer closet, Mandysue, and ask forgiveness for not submitting properly.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about Anna's recipe, but I had to google Chicken Tetrazinni too, and the recipe I looked at from The Food Network had 9 TABLEspoons of butter in it. :ew: plus several spoons of oil... Is that right? Cos OMG, that's a lot.

I make chicken tetrazinni all the time (my kids love it) and it's one of those recipes you can make as good or as gross as you like. At it's heart it's got a white sauce with cheese and wine in it. I have an old copy of a Campbell's soup recipe somewhere that calls for cream of mushroom soup and water, :ew: but I make mine with leftover grilled chicken, sauteed mushrooms - usually baby portabellas - and a sauce with chicken broth, lots of wine and enough cheese to make it rich. I saute the onions and mushrooms in a butter and olive oil mix, but that's the only oil I add. As long as you're OK with the carbs from the pasta, mine is actually pretty healthy.

Whenever we grill chicken I always through a few extra breasts on for dishes like this. It also freezes really well, so I tend to make a double batch and freeze half for later.

Your headship cooks? Get back into the prayer closet, Mandysue, and ask forgiveness for not submitting properly.

And he cleans! I am a very repentent non submissive wife!

I'm extremely behind on reading this thread, so apologies if already covered-

I was looking at Instagram , photos tagged JohnandAlyssa. There were some strange comments on a pic of them on their honeymoon. First, people were asking who they were and how they were related to Gil and Kelly. Why would you be looking at their photos if you didn't know who they were. Maybe followed a link from something else I guess. Then people were pointing out who she was and others were saying they didn't remember her from United Bates of America. I've never watched. Was she not featured on there or is everyone just obsessed with Erin?

Then someone else stated she's a Bates from the Duggar family. Not sure what they meant there.

I was looking at Instagram , photos tagged JohnandAlyssa. There were some strange comments on a pic of them on their honeymoon. First, people were asking who they were and how they were related to Gil and Kelly. Why would you be looking at their photos if you didn't know who they were. Maybe followed a link from something else I guess. Then people were pointing out who she was and others were saying they didn't remember her from United Bates of America. I've never watched. Was she not featured on there or is everyone just obsessed with Erin?

Then someone else stated she's a Bates from the Duggar family. Not sure what they meant there.

Some of the photos are on the photographer's instagram, the people are asking are probably people who follow him rather than people looking for Bates photos.

I always thought that Alyssa and Erin don´t look alike very much. But from the side and with open hair they look exactly the same. I nearly got a heartattack at first, wondering why Erin would huge her BIL so tight. :pink-shock: :lol:

Alyssa was not always as pretty as she is now. I remember when they were building their addition and she was taking pics of all the kids w/their "hayunds in the ayer" and thinking she may have missed out on the looks. But time and makeup prevailed.

should be edited b/c I talk just as hick as they do...

yes,she was on the show.I recall her saying she was going hunting (huntin',as she put it) and hoped she could get a buck.

I love her accent. :)

does anyone have links to the united bates of america? i've only ever found episode 1 + 2 online. i want more! they're so much more fun to watch than the duggars.

Alyssa was not always as pretty as she is now. I remember when they were building their addition and she was taking pics of all the kids w/their "hayunds in the ayer" and thinking she may have missed out on the looks. But time and makeup prevailed.

I'm so glad you didn't edit that, because when I read 'hayunds in the ayer,' I could hear echoes of my dad's family's voices. They're from middle Tennessee, and I haven't seen any of them in years. Really took me back. :)

does anyone have links to the united bates of america? i've only ever found episode 1 + 2 online. i want more! they're so much more fun to watch than the duggars.

I'd love to see them too - I've searched in vain. I recorded them when they were shown here, but my mother in law visited and deleted them before I got around to watching them. She deleted them on the grounds that "you never watch television anyway lilith".

So deleting the one show I have ever decided to watch must be totally cool....

Isn't that kind of nervy? I'd never delete anything off someone else's DVR unless I'd recorded it just for me to watch.

I'd love to see them too - I've searched in vain. I recorded them when they were shown here, but my mother in law visited and deleted them before I got around to watching them. She deleted them on the grounds that "you never watch television anyway lilith".

So deleting the one show I have ever decided to watch must be totally cool....

Mothers-in-law are wonderful creatures, aren't they?

Kelly's sister made the cake. I have no idea if she does it professionally or not, but I'm inclined to think she doesn't. She does have a ton of cake pics on her Facebook page, but I do think it's mostly a hobby of hers. If she is holding herself out professionally, they are definitely not professional looking. There's only a few cakes on her page that I think can pass as professional, the rest just don't. As homemade fun/hobby cakes for friends and people at church, they are not bad and certainly more impressive than anything I could do.

Here's her pic of John & Alyssa's cake. It looks fine in this pic, but Alyssa's cake is mostly a wreck because of the decor, which isn't necessarily the aunt's fault. The cake isn't iced properly though, it's uneven and melty. I know textured buttercream cakes are popular right now (like pictures that others have posted), but this isn't one of those cakes.

post-10039-14451998974575_thumb.jpg

Here's the cake she made recently for Gil's parents' anniversary, which is definitely not a professional cake. This is why I don't believe she does this professionally.

post-10039-14451998975075_thumb.jpg

Kelly's sister made the cake. I have no idea if she does it professionally or not, but I'm inclined to think she doesn't. She does have a ton of cake pics on her Facebook page, but I do think it's mostly a hobby of hers. If she is holding herself out professionally, they are definitely not professional looking. There's only a few cakes on her page that I think can pass as professional, the rest just don't. As homemade fun/hobby cakes for friends and people at church, they are not bad and certainly more impressive than anything I could do.

Here's her pic of John & Alyssa's cake. It looks fine in this pic, but Alyssa's cake is mostly a wreck because of the decor, which isn't necessarily the aunt's fault. The cake isn't iced properly though, it's uneven and melty. I know textured buttercream cakes are popular right now (like pictures that others have posted), but this isn't one of those cakes.

[attachment=1]10300000_10152067397317187_6632248483070667689_n.jpg[/attachment]

Here's the cake she made recently for Gil's parents' anniversary, which is definitely not a professional cake. This is why I don't believe she does this professionally.

[attachment=0]10376859_10152067399647187_6915448906276937914_n.jpg[/attachment]

Was Gil's parents' anniversary the same day as Alyssa's wedding? I just noticed the hideous blue & pink faux petals and blue tablecloth in the picture.

See, I have no trouble snarking on the cake because I agree with you that it's Alyssa's eleventy billion decorations that makes it...interesting. I'm sure that her aunt just did as she was directed, and I actually like the cake she made for Gil's parents.

That being said, those things on the side cakes totally remind me of shower poofs for body wash.

I do recall a pic of two cakes in the same picture (wedding and chocolate) so I assume that it was the anniversary cake and not just a grooms cake

See, I have no trouble snarking on the cake because I agree with you that it's Alyssa's eleventy billion decorations that makes it...interesting. I'm sure that her aunt just did as she was directed, and I actually like the cake she made for Gil's parents.

That being said, those things on the side cakes totally remind me of shower poofs for body wash.

Haha! Shower Poofs reminded me of this one i saw at walmart, and the hilarious comments here on SodaHead:

Now is this not PERVERTED? Duck Dynasty Bath Pouf!

20942770_BeardedBathPouf_xlarge.jpeg

Sorry, off topic but hunting and bath poofs brought it to mind.

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth, I would never shower again if I saw that thing in my tub. That is just creeptastic--and how is that comfortable for something that you rub all over your naked body?? Surely that big hunk of plastic with the dead eyed stare would hurt sensitive areas...

[attachment=1]10300000_10152067397317187_6632248483070667689_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]10376859_10152067399647187_6915448906276937914_n.jpg[/attachment]

Why does she put ribbon and fake flowers on all her cakes? As Bobby Flay says, "Don't put anything inedible on the plate," or in this case, on the cake.

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth, I would never shower again if I saw that thing in my tub. That is just creeptastic--and how is that comfortable for something that you rub all over your naked body?? Surely that big hunk of plastic with the dead eyed stare would hurt sensitive areas...

Perhaps that's the attraction?

:twisted:

I think I just made myself gag.

:disgust:

When I see the Duck Dynasty vibrators, I'll know their merchandising has gone around the bend.

:ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew:

Isn't that kind of nervy? I'd never delete anything off someone else's DVR unless I'd recorded it just for me to watch.

Well, Miranda's nanny deleted some program off of her VCR that she was hoping to watch with a hot neighbor. The nanny also re-organized Miranda's vibrator drawer and put a statue of the BVM on her nightstand, if my memory of Sex and the City is correct.

I think finishing puberty, getting the braces off, and learning how to use tweezers to her advantage all helped. I just thank GOD that my awkward stage was never filmed. Can you imagine?

Was Gil's parents' anniversary the same day as Alyssa's wedding? I just noticed the hideous blue & pink faux petals and blue tablecloth in the picture.

Good catch, I didn't even notice that but you're right! On Facebook it says "Bill & Jane Bates 50th Anniversary Cake", so it didn't even cross my mind that it was at the reception for Alyssa & John. I bet their anniversary was close to the same date.

Archived